Author Topic: Such a beautiful day to be back  (Read 425 times)

Offline Char Kwan

• Enter The Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Char Kwan
Such a beautiful day to be back
« on: January 08, 2020, 04:45:38 PM »
 \'user

Back on the grind (Before January 3, 2020)

The last time Daniela had competed in a wrestling contest was against Mercedes Vargas and Amanda Cortez. Her manager and friend Cheryl Hastings has been hard at work trying to negotiate with Mark Ward on a new deal for Daniela. The ink was barely dry when they had shuck hands and left with both parties happy. Daniela has been working hard on her fundamentals while also trying to work on her strength. Daniela was sitting on her front porch, sipping on some sweet tea when Cheryl pulls into the yard.

Daniela smiles as Cheryl steps out of her car. “What’s the word Cheryl?” Cheryl looks at her client and gives her a quick head nod. “I got you a new contract but there is a small catch,” answers Cheryl. “What’s the catch?” questions Daniela. “You need to find a tag partner,” says Cheryl. Daniela scrunches her face up before looking at Cheryl. “I know who to ask,” she says with a grin. Cheryl looks at her with a look of curious. “Are you going to tell me?” She asks. “I’d have to talk to him first before I can give you a definite answer,” replies Daniela as she looks up at the clouds.

# Such A Beautiful Day (present day)

It’s a beautiful sunny day in Trenton, Florida as the small town is full of life. The temperature itself is rather comfortable as Daniela can be seen just walking down the sidewalk heading towards the Gilchrist County Library. She is all smiles while waving at several vehicles driving past her. In her right hand is a romance novel while in her left hand is a 20 ounce can of Mountain Dew. “What a gorgeous day,” she thinks to herself while taking a small sip of her soda.

As Daniela is moving at a normal rate, her best friend Sandra is standing just a few from the front sidewalk. A few cars are sitting in the gravel style parking lot. Daniela has been anticipating this meeting ever since she and Sandra have started reading the same book. She couldn’t wait to discuss what she has read thus far. Sandra, growing impatient, pulls out her phone to give Daniela a call. The phone rings twice before Daniela presses a button on her Bluetooth earpiece that has been sitting in her right ear since she started walking. “Hello,” she answers with a happy tone. “What’s taking you so long?” asks Sandra. “I’m walking from my house,” answers Daniela. Sandra smacks herself on the forehead while trying not to let out a string of curse words toward her friend. “Why are you walking? Your house is at least five blocks from the library,” questions Sandra. “Why not walk? It’s a beautiful day and it would be pointless to waste it driving,” replies Daniela as Sandra mumbles a little under her breath.

The phone conversation lasts for a few minutes until Sandra gets fed up and hung up on Daniela. Dani just shrugs her shoulders and continues to walk towards the library. She is just about to pass the First Baptist Church when a voice calls out to her. “Hey Dani,” the voice rings out as Daniela doesn’t notice at first. “Dani,” the voice calls out again as Daniela starts looking around to notice her surroundings. “Dang Dani,” says the voice as Daniela whips her head around to see Zelda Sludge coming towards her. “Zelda!!!” exclaims Daniela as she goes running towards her friend. Zelda wraps her arms around Daniela’s waist as they hold each other for exactly three seconds before pulling apart and looking at each other. “Oh my goodness Zelda, I’m so happy to see you out and about,” says Daniela as Zelda smiles at her caring friend. “I didn’t have much of a choice. Brandon has some friends over and I didn’t want to get in the way,” she responds as Daniela just nods in unison. Daniela glances down at Zelda’s belly and places a hand on top of Zelda’s hand. “How far along are you now?” asks Daniela. “I’m about fifteen weeks now,” answers a very grateful Zelda. Daniela was so happy for her tag partner and his wife. She knew they had been trying to get pregnant for at least three years but nothing seemed to have worked. “Is Brandon getting ready for Sunday?” she wonders. “I sure hope so since it’s all he can talk about,” answers Zelda. “Are you ready for Sunday?” Zelda asks Daniela. Daniela nods her head while pulling out her phone. “I think so. It’s going to be interesting since this will be the first time I won’t be teaming with my twin brother. I’m ready to get back into the ring and continuing showing why I am the future of the SCW Bombshell division,” answers Daniela. Zelda smiles as she looks down at Apple Watch sitting on her left wrist. “I should be getting back home before Brandon burns down the house,” says Zelda as she hugs Daniela. Daniela hugs back while quietly responding to her friend.  

Daniela waits for a few minutes as she watches Zelda pull out of the church’s parking lot and heading west. She just closes her eyes while silently praying for her friend’s pregnancy.

After saying the quick prayer, Daniela steps off the sidewalk and lifts her phone up to her face. She presses the camera app on the second screen of her phone. She takes a deep breath before swiping towards the video part of her camera. She takes another long breath before pressing the record button.

>  Hello Sin City Wrestling Nation, this is the “Throwback Princess” coming at you live from my hometown of Trenton, Florida. I know it’s been a while since you last saw me on any kind of programming and I sincerely apologize for that long absence. I promise not to take that long of a vacation again. Before I dive head first into dissecting the arrogance that The Barnharts have left during their promotional videos. I would like to thank Mark Ward for allowing me to return. You see without him putting faith in me then I would be still in SCU floundering beneath all the incredible talents on the roster.

> Now with that out of the way, let’s get started on this upcoming mixed tag team match. Bea and Bill Barnhart look to make their tag team debut against the debuting team of Brandon Sludge and myself. Collectively we are known as the Trenton Tigers. I know everyone is wondering why are we called that of all names. That’s because it represents our high school. You see the both of us graduated from Trenton High School where their mascot are Tigers so it’s only necessary we call ourselves the same as a tribute to our high school.

> Before I turn my attention towards Bea, let me drop some truth bombs on the two of you. First off, I am a very successful tag team wrestler. I have teamed with my twin brother for years until now. I’m sure Brandon and I are going to have growing pains as a tag team. That’s true about any new tag team. However, we will prove that our skills are nothing you should take lightly. I did catch your match last week Bea. You were impressive but I saw a lot of flaws in your game. First off, you get very cocky when you string multiple moves together and that almost cost you. Second, you rely too much on one particular skill and eventually that will lead to your downfall. Take me for example, I can get very technical with my approach but I have learned that if you can adapt to how the match is going then you can catch your opponent napping. That’s what I did when I faced Amanda Cortez in my debut. Everyone thought I would fall because she had been a former champion but I proved everyone wrong. That’s what I do best. I outperform my opponents. I give way over one hundred percent. This match is going to be no different. Now, I’m not going to take you for granted. I know you are highly gifted but your strength level isn’t on my level. I really hope you don’t think having a home field advantage is going to make a difference. Brandon and I will enjoy nothing more than to play spoiler. We will break you both down and make you our personal chew toys.

> If you two want to overlook us then go for it. Because we will love nothing more than to make you both look foolish. Now I’ll let Brandon talk about Bill but as for you Bea. You are going to find out why Mark is so high on me. I don’t back down from anyone and I’m not intimidated either. So get ready Bea because it’s time to throwback the pain and SET YOUR DVR.

Daniela puts two fingers up before stopping the recording.