Author Topic: Out of the shadows  (Read 320 times)

Offline Char Kwan

• Enter The Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Char Kwan
Out of the shadows
« on: January 25, 2019, 03:34:05 AM »
 <p align=right>Atlanta, Georgia
January 19, 2019
Off Camera

The rain had finally stopped as Trinity Jones is standing next to her light blue sedan. She had been in the parking lot of the First Baptist of Atlanta Cemetery. This is the one day she always made sure to come home to Atlanta. She looks in the rearview mirror checking her hair and makeup before opening the car door. Before stepping out of the car, Trinity reaches behind her, snatches up her sweater and stands up straight. Trinity takes a deep breath while stepping onto the soft green grass. She cautiously walks along the dirt path which cuts through each headstone.

Trinity is calmly walking as the wind is slowly picking up its pace. Her hair is blowing in the breeze as she finally stops and uses her fingers to pull her strands out of her face. Her eyes glance down to see a headstone that reads LEROY JONES. A heavy sigh escapes from Trinity as she quietly kneels down. She rubs her hand across the granite finish as a tear forms in the corner of her eye. "I knew you would show," a voice echoes as Trinity keeps her eyes trained on the headstone. "Not now," replies Trinity as she brushes some dust off the bottom of the headstone.

"Every year you return to visit our little brother's grave. Why is that?" asks the voice as Trinity glances over her shoulder. "August," she murmurs under her breath while curling her lip. "Tabi, why haven't you called?" asks August as Trinity stands back up to her feet. "Do you really think this is the right time?" Trinity returns the question while keeping her back turned on her older sister. "This is the perfect time to discuss you coming back home," August comments while stepping towards her baby sister. Trinity rolls her eyes while looking down at her brother's grave. "I can't do that August," she says. "Besides, I know why you want me home," she points out as August stops in her tracks.

"What are you talking about?" She asks with her right hand rummaging through her long black hair. Trinity turns slightly so her eyes can meet her sister's eyes. "You know exactly what I am talking about. You can't stand it that I am making it on my own," answers Trinity. August shakes her head. "Making it? I've been watching Tabi, you have been nothing but pathetic. How can you lose so many matches? I thought you were a winner. I guess you will always live in my shadow," states August.

The moment those words leave August's mouth, Trinity gets right into her sister's face. "You never did believe in me August. You always thought I'd be the failure. Well guess what, I will get out from under your shadow. I will prove that I am better than you," torts Trinity as August shrugs her shoulder. Trinity shakes her head, walks right past her sister as the scene quietly fades.

\'user

<p align=right>Henderson, Nevada
January 22, 2019
On Camera
* REC

"For years I have struggled with finding my own identity away from my family. I have spent months trying to understand just who in the hell Trinity Jones is supposed to be in the grand scheme of things," the voice of Trinity echoes as the scene opens inside an empty warehouse. Sunlight gleams through a panel of glass on the north side of building. A heavy punching bag hangs in the middle of the warehouse as a door on the east side swings open. A pair of black boots glisten in the sunlight as the person slowly makes their way toward the punching bag.

The picture starts to get a little clearer as Trinity Jones is standing a couple feet from the bag as she peels off her black leather jacket. She drapes it over a steel folding chair while pulling out a pair of fingerless gloves.

"If it wasn't for Tony Thorn then I would still be sitting on the bottom rung of the ladder. Despite what people might think, I am looking forward to continuing my dominant performance from Inception 3. I told the world that 2019 was going to be a different year for me but no one wanted to listen. I told everyone that I wasn't the same person from 2018 and no one believed me. The sad part is my own sister doesn't believe in me. I kind of don't blame them. I didn't do anything in my return but I will change that starting this Sunday," starts Trinity as she slips her gloves onto her hands.

After getting them on, she pulls out a few photographs. The first photograph is that of Kate Steele. Trinity glares at the photograph before putting it on to the bag.

"The old a Trinity would congratulate this bitch on a hard fought victory but that would be a ball face lie," says Trinity. She suddenly throws a strong right jab into the bag. Her fist lands directly on Kate's nose.

"Kate, we all know you did absolutely nothing at Inception 3. All you did was hide outside the ring until I did most of the work. I should be the one holding the Golden Briefcase but that's okay. Because we all know you will fail on cue. You will cash it in and blow it. You aren't good enough to beat Dani Weston. You already proved that once before. That briefcase would look better in my hands but that's beside the point," continues Trinity.

Trinity rips the photograph off as parts of Kate's face is left on the bag. She holds up another photograph that resembles Mercedes Lewis. Trinity growls as she places the photograph onto the bag.

"This is really a waste of my talents. Instead of giving me a strong challenge, you give me one woman who enjoys living in the shadows. She stands in the shadow of Crystal Hilton. Mercedes also stands in the shadow of Mercedes Vargas mainly due to her first name. How do I know about shadows? I am constantly reminded that I am living in the shadow of my big sister August Valentine. However I am working very hard to get my own name out there. I am confident that I will out strike you Mercedes.

Mercedes, you did nothing at Inception so what makes you think you can do something on Sunday. I bet you have no clue on what is going to happen. Well let me clue you in Mercedes,"
she states while cracking her knuckles.

"Unlike Inception 3, there is only me in this match. Which could spell good for you but it also spells bad for you. It's good if you actually come ready for a fight. You have a chance to prove why you belong in SCW. Unfortunately, this Sunday will be bad for you. You are walking into a match where I have more too prove. You see, I must show that I can bounce back from my terrible year. It starts with me knocking your head off. I don't care how good you think you are because I am better. There is a reason I am on a different level than you are. I am the best striker on the roster and when I am focused. I will make you wish this match was never booked.

Climax Control will be your first time on your own. I look forward to making it your worst nightmare. I will break your nose, I will crush your jaw and I will make you anticipate nothing. Just think, with my help I will drag your dead carcass out of the shadows. I will prove that you are nothing more than Crystal's lackey. This is my night. I will fly from the shadows. I will light your ass on fire. Come Climax Control, you will hear my name called and see my hand raised while tiny birds float around your head.

So you best eat all your lucky charms because that's the only way you will have a chance,"
Trinity says while landing multiple combinations into the bag. The bag starts swinging as Trinity smirks. "ENTER THE DRAGON," she proclaims as the video cuts off.