Author Topic: Hard to be thankful when you're a failure  (Read 294 times)

Offline Char Kwan

• Enter The Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Char Kwan
Hard to be thankful when you're a failure
« on: November 23, 2018, 01:47:12 AM »

\'user
The following is spoken from Trinity's perspective.

<p align=right>Off Camera

When I was a little girl growing up in Atlanta, Georgia, I loved Thanksgiving. The smell of fresh bread baking in the oven always had a way of waking me up from a deep slumber. The moment the sweet aroma entered my nostrils, I would throw the blankets I had on top of me off and swing my legs over to the side of my bed. I would walk out of my room, eyes still trying to get used to the well lit room as my grandmother would be the first one to say something to me.

"Good morning child," my grandmother would say as I wipe the sleep from my tear ducts. "Good morning grammy," I'd slur as my tongue had yet to wake up from its own sleep. My grandmother would always laugh when I responded because she knew how I was when I first woke up. "Would you like some breakfast before your mother and I start cooking up a storm?" my grandmother asks as my stomach grumbles. I just nod my head and take a seat at the table. That was one of my fondest memories as a child.

Thanksgiving slowly started becoming my least favorite holiday after my grandmother passed away when I was thirteen. That year the holidays weren't the same. My mother stopped worrying about the dinner as she was trying to find the best deals on Black Friday. My sisters would tease me for missing our grandmother. When my parents divorced my freshman year of high school, I stopped celebrating altogether.

Nowadays, I just spend Thanksgiving on my surfboard. There is just something about the waves that makes me happy. You know rising that perfect wave is almost like eating a good turkey leg. This year, my best friend Felicity has tried to get me back into the holiday spirit. So far she has made a complete fool of herself.

Like yesterday, we were doing some grocery shopping because I needed a few things and she is over checking out different meats. Now grant it, I love me some good ribs but out BBQ has been broken for like weeks. So as I am looking at the bacon, Felicity drops a gigantic turkey in our cart which catches me by surprise. "What the hell Fee?" I say while turning towards her. Little did I knew the turkey was just a ruse. All this time Felicity was vlogging behind me. Somehow I didn't hear her talking but then again I usually ignore when she starts talking to no one in particular.

<p align=right> * REC
On Camera

"Who knew me putting a frozen turkey in the cart would startle you Trini," jokes Fee as I shake my head at her. "Why do you always have to be so weird?" I asked her while turning my attention away from her camera and trying to focus on which package of bacon I was going to buy. "Weird? Me?," Fee jokingly responds as Trinity picks up a package of Jimmy Dean smoked applewood bacon. She gives a hearty smile before tossing it into the cart. Felicity is waiting for Trinity to reply as they walk away from the breakfast meat wall.

"Do you guys think I'm weird?" asks Felicity as I stop midway towards the pancake aisle. "Who are you talking too?" I ask while letting an elderly couple walk past us. "I'm asking my fifty subscribers if I am really weird like you say," she answers as I try very hard to hold my laughter. I turn to face her while looking into her camera. "I was only joking. I love your weirdness just not when it's over the top annoying," I say while draping my arm around her shoulders.

A smile crosses Felicity's face as I look at her with confusion racking my face. Before I could do anything, she pulls me in closer as we look directly into her camera. "This is a special day for the Fee Files as we have my best friend Trnity Jones is finally on my show. Since this is a monumental occasion I thought it would be awesome if we did a question and answer session with her. So if you have any questions for her please write it in the comments below," Felicity would say as I tried to pull away.

Pulling away only made it worse as Felicity kept a hand on the back of my jacket. "I don't know why you are running away Trini. I figured this is a perfect time for you to connect with your fans and give them a chance to see you in this vulnerable place. Just to make you more comfortable, I will ask the first question. My question is what are you most thankful for Trini?" says Felicity as I am stunned. I had no idea this question would pop up but it did. I had to think really hard for a way to say it without looking like a loser.

"That's a really tough question you posed me Fee. You know it's difficult to be thankful when you are a complete failure. I have let so many down since my return to Sin City Weestling that I am beginning to question whether I am worthy enough to be on the roster with all the amazing talent that is on it. I mean in my last three matches I have been beaten and it's hard bouncing back from it. I know it can be done but I have yet to find my confidence again. I am grateful to have you in my life Fee. I believe without you, I would crumble under my own weight," I answer with small tears forming in my eyes.

Felicity is even tearing up from that response as she tries to scroll through the comments. She stops when her eyes spot a very good question. "Alright Trinity, GamerDude3000 has a question. The question is after losing to Seleana back at Violent Conduct, how are going to approach the match this time around?" Fee reads as she looks up at me.

I pause for a minute to formulate my answer while moving us away from the meat bunkers. I rub my chin while motioning towards Fee. "That is a very interesting question GamerDude3000. When I first heard that we would be squaring off for a second time, I had rematch the match we had back at Violent Conduct. Upon watching it back, I noticed a lot of mistakes I made and I look to correct them. I underestimated her and it showed at the finish. She earned that victory but I don't see that outcome happening this time around. Mainly because I think her head is going to be on her relationship which will cloud her better judgement. I am quite sure she is going to talk about how I am just squandering my potential away. I admit my last few outings have been shitty.

However I will correct my mistakes and prove to everyone why I am one of the most dangerous woman in the locker room. I am certain Seleana will bring a fight and thats what I want the most. But I have the most to prove in this match. I need to show that I am still a top competitor in this company. I must hurt you Seleana because it's the only way."

A dry cough escapes from my throat as I push the cart towards the back of the store. A water fountain comes into view as we make our way towards it. Felicity continues to scroll through as she looks at Trinity. "What is your reaction to the conclusion to the Honor Women's title match at High Stakes?" she asks as I take a good drink of water.

The cold liquid moves down my throat as it moistens the dry areas that was beginning to form. As I stand there, I look at Fee. "My reaction is simple. I don't care. That championship means nothing to me. I mean there is a reason I never accepted Brooke's offer to join Honor. It wasn't my home. My home is Sin City Wrestling and it always will be. Now I know I haven't shown my appreciation for SCW but I plan on starting that with a victory over Seleana. Hopefully, this will put me back on the road towards Sam Marlowe and the Bombshell Roulette championship. Before I can get there, I need to shut up the critics. I must defeat Seleana by tying her up like a human pretzel or by knocking her out. I have so many ways that I literally can't choose which way to go. I do know that this Sunday, Seleana will be in a fight for her life. I will hold nothing back. I will get past her. I will do whatever it takes to overcome this obstacle. Nothing will stop me. So Seleana better be ready to ENTER THE DRAGON."