Author Topic: Better than ever  (Read 320 times)

Offline Char Kwan

• Enter The Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Char Kwan
Better than ever
« on: September 28, 2018, 06:51:22 PM »

\'user

Sunlight peaks through the dark curtains of Trinity Jones' fourth floor apartment in downtown Los Angeles, California. She was lying face down in the fluffy while white satin sheets cover her half naked body. Her bedroom door cracks open just a smidge as Felicity pokes her head inside.

"Taby," she says softly.

A heavy grunt escapes from Trinity as the pillow muffles most of the sound. Felicity opens the door a little wider and sticks her left foot inside.

"Taby, are you awake?" she calmly asks.

"Greaksjiolsjh," grumbles Trinity as she turns her head to see her best friend standing next to the bed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that," says Felicity with a slight grin on her lips.

"You had better have a good reason for waking me Fee," replies Trinity.

Felicity takes a minute to think before placing her hand on top of her other hand and setting them in front of her.

"Your sister is here to see you," she says.

Trinity slowly lifts herself up onto her elbows as her hair falls over her left shoulder.

"Which one," wonders Trinity as she dips her head a bit while stretching her neck.

"August?" answers with a quizzical look on her face.

Trinity sighs.

"Show her in," she says.

Felicity nodded her head, turned on her heels and headed for the door. Trinity falls back onto the bed, rolls on her back and flings the sheets off her body. Just she is about to swing her legs over, her sister walks in carrying a briefcase.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything Tabitha," says August.

"What do you want August?" asks Trinity.

August shakes her head.

"What no pleasantries?" responds August as she fiddles with the locks on the briefcase.

Trinity rolls her eyes. "Come on August, we have never been the kind of sisters who express our feelings. Now why are you here?" she answers with a new question.

The locks pop up as August opens the briefcase and pulls out a Manila envelope. She turns toward her sister with the folder in her hand. "I have a job for you," says August.

Trinity looks at the envelope then back at her sister. Her eyebrow rises a little as she crosses her arms in front of her chest. "You know I am out of that kind of business," retorts Trinity.

"I don't think you are since most of your earthly possessions were destroyed," says August.

Trinity opens her mouth to respond but stops as memories of watching the lava burning her Maui home. She remembers standing outside just helpless to stop the raging flames from completely engulfing everything. She sank down in a nearby chair as a flood of tears just fell from her eyes. August walks over toward her sister and dangles the envelope in front of her sister.

"You still have a place with us," she says with a smirk.

Trinity lifts her head up while eyeing her sister. She couldn't go back to that life. It nearly destroyed her the last time she helped her sister.

"Can I think about it?" she asks August.

August nods her head. "Take as much time as you need," she answers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Several hours had passed since Trinity was visited by her sister as the job offer was weighing on her mind. She was resting after a few sets of burpees, squats, and ab crunches. Sweat was beating down her face, chest and back as Trinity reflected on her first on Climax Control since her return.

"This is going to be a wild match. On one hand you have a woman who feels as if this country owes her something because she is a refugee. While on the other hand, you got me. Now I am not going to say the loss at Violent Conduct didn't sting. Because it did. It stung worse than a wasp stinging me on my ass. I thought I had it but Seleana did what I wanted her to do. She brought the fight and proved me wrong, I must say that is hard to do.

What was even more impressive was she used my own style against me. After that match, I had to sit in my dressing room and reflect on where I wanted to go. Did I want to remain someone who just lived in the middle of the road without ever leaving? Or did I want to burst through that glass ceiling and finally take my place as a legitimate threat to any champion.

Now I have you Parand talking down to me like I'm just someone who should have stayed gone. You say I wasn't successful in my first run. Why? Because I didn't when championships. The fact that everyone knows who I am means I must of done something to be remembered. What have you done since joining SCW? Have you made yourself noticed? Have you made it where people will remember you if you were to leave?

I don't think you have any idea on who I am and that is going to hurt you. You see I am someone who takes losses and learns from them. I know not to take any opponent for granted but I also know that I am more than capable of turning your greatest weapon against you. You see Parand, I am better than ever and that isn't something you want to hear from me.

I am looking to prove that what happened at Violent Conduct was jus ring rust. I promise you that my skills are very much on point and I am looking to showcase everything that I have been working on to prove it. So bring everything you got Parand. Let's make this a match that should be hard to follow. Let's rock the place. But let's not forget. I am going to be the one walking out with my hand raised.

The only thing you are going to remember hearing after our encounter is me saying ENTER THE DRAGON.