Author Topic: The oncoming Storm  (Read 442 times)

Offline StephenCallaway

• View Profile
    • Stephen Callaway
The oncoming Storm
« on: September 26, 2019, 08:42:53 PM »
 Stephen Callaway sits on a stool in his kitchen as the scene opens

Stephen Callaway
To quote a movie that my brother has been banging on about for weeks: I came, I saw, I kicked his ass! I went out there and I beat Alex Rush just as I said I would do. That makes me undefeated here in SCW. Alright it’s only been one match and, according to some fans I’ve spoken to, it was a match set up to make me look strong. But I won it. And a 1:0 streak is still undefeated.

However a Storm is on the horizon in an attempt to blow me off course like The Truman Show when the lad in the beret used winds and rain to try and stop Truman from finding out the truth.

He takes a drink from a Mr Bump mug.

Stephen Callaway
Now this Caleb Storm that I face this week is apparently one of my opponents in an upcoming four way match. Now I could use this as a scouting exercise. It’s one thing to watch videos and to train in a gym. But to have some in ring time with him? That is invaluable. It’s a way of finding out everything about his in ring work. Can I beat him? Where am I failing? What can I do to get an advantage in the four way?

Or

I can take him out. I can go straight for his knee or some other body part and turn the four way into a triple threat. I can show how dominant I can be and put him on the injured list should I want to.

But let’s shoot for a minute. I have an injury. Don’t worry about me, it’s not a big injury that will keep me out for an extended period of time. It is painful for me to go about my day.  But I’m not stupid enough to say what my injury is so that the marks can tweet about it online and I’m certainly not stupid enough to announce what the injury is so that Caleb Storm can aim for it at the weekend. I bring the injury up because I would rather be here at my home at the weekend resting my injury. I would rather not be on a flight to Barbados. I want to be done with Caleb Storm and back home as quick as I can be. If that means I have to take his knee out from under him I will.

And what’s with all the wannabe rockers in SCW? Last week was Alex Rush and he thought he was a rocker. Caleb Storm is a heavy metal rocker. The only one I knew here before I came was Griffin Hawkins and he looks like he’s just stepped out of Rock of Ages. Does nobody here just wrestle? Just me? That might be why I’m going to rock up to arenas, pop some shoulders, leave opponents in a trance as I dance all over them and leave them singing the blues. See I’m not here to use SCW as a stepping stone to a music career, I am here to fight, I am here to win. Don’t believe me, tune in this weekend and I’ll show you just why I ALWAYS have an angle! Always.

He stands up and walks out of shot.