Author Topic: Asterisk the 21st: Untitled  (Read 302 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Asterisk the 21st: Untitled
« on: August 01, 2015, 12:00:17 AM »

♦ ♦ ♦
1:00PM | WEDNESDAY

"What is today's date?"

"July 29, 2015."

"And what is your name?"

"Mercedes Alicia Vargas Castaños de Ortega."

[After scribbling down a few notes on her clipboard, a smiling Dr. Palmer looks up at Mercedes, who sits on the side of the exam table.]

Doctor: Well, after checking your vital signs and looking over my notes here, I say you're in a clean bill of health, Ms. Vargas. There isn't a thing wrong with you. My assistant did a double take when she heard your attempt at a Valley accent. And I didn't think you would ever go blonde. It's a nice look for you.

Mercedes:  Uh, thanks, I guess.

[Doctor Palmer removes her stethoscope from around her neck, and lets it hang over an old fashion stand on scale, then turns back to Mercedes, folding her arms.]

Doctor: Now, tell me again what's this is all about because I could really use a laugh right now. You said you're thinking you're turning into someone else, is that right?

Mercedes: Well, it's more like I'm coming down with something.

Doctor: Like a cold?

Mercedes: Something like that. Except, I think I'm catching all the things they use to do. Their arrogance,  their behavior, everything. I can't tell you the looks I get from people when they hear my Valley accent or my hair for that matter. I don't even remember when I changed my hair color until just now.

Doctor: Uh-huh. I know you've told me about your professional wrestling career. Let me ask you a question. How many concussion have you had over the past six months?

Mercedes: What, concussions? None.

[The doctor lowers her eyes.]

Mercedes: Okay, two. But what does that have to do with anything? I'm not crazy.

Doctor:  You didn't hear it from me.

[Doctor Palmer goes back to writing down more notes before she looks up at the clock on the wall.]

Doctor: OK, Ms. Vargas. Before I let you go, I'm going to prescribe some medication that will help you cope with reality. In the meantime, I think a few days of bed rest might do you so me good. Try to stay off your feet for the time being. And no more Wheat Thins.

Mercedes:  WHAT!? NO MORE WHEAT THINS? ARE YOU A REAL DOCTOR OR YOU PLAY ONE ON TV?

[Our scene fades out on Mercedes berating her doctor as she followers her out of her office.]

"And that is my story. Crazy, isn't it?"

"I'd be crazy enough not to believe it."

♦ ♦ ♦
3:43PM

[Fast forward to the sidewalk cafe in Downtown Los Angeles, where Mercedes is telling Delia what happened. The ex-Mean Girls are sitting across from one on the patio area outside of the bakery. Fresh baked baguettes and the aroma of coffee fills the air.]

Mercedes: Think about it, Deelz. Since the breakup of the Mean Girls and going our own way, things really hasn't been working out. For me, at least.

Delia: I don't follow.

Mercedes: Don't you see? The losing streak, losing the tag titles, not even being mentioned by our opponents, at all? There's something very wrong here.

[She tugs at her hair, which is still blonde, by the way.]

Mercedes: The blonde hair?!?

Delia: So you were pinned by Roxi, Amanda, and Mikah. Big deal. And we still have a rematch at Summer XXXtreme against Z'e Fallen. Live a little.

[Mercedes' face sours hearing this. She puts down her fork. She didn't feel like finishing hr spring salad at this point.]

Mercedes: “Live a little.”? What the hell does that even mean? No I will not LIVE A LITTLE, DELIA! People are already beginning to think that I'm riding your coattails to success and that's something no one dared say to my face before.

[Mercedes pauses, putting a hand to her forehead.]

Mercedes: I'm not feeling so hot. Maybe something's wrong with me. I hear thy put awful things in the water here. LA's lik the top three of worst pollutants. I think I'm turning “Veronicedes.”

Delia: It's not worse than “Deliz.”

Mercedes: Uh, yes it is. What if I've been a Veronica Taylor all along? This is some Freaky Friday crazy. And who the hell comes up with “Veronicedes.”?

Delia: Apparently, the Metal and Punk Connection.

Mercedes: I will never forgive for that. I'm almost too embarrassed talking about it. Let's never speak of this again?

[Glancing at her watch, Delia is startled at how much time has passed. She stands up and starts gathering her things.]

Delia: Didn't you had someplace you had to go?

Mercedes: You're right. I'm really beginning to think taking this Sensitivity Training course was a bad idea.

[Fade.]

♦ ♦ ♦

S|C|E|N|E| 002
[ S U N D A Y | F U N D A Y | T H E | T H I R D]

♦ ♦ ♦
4:00PM | WEDNESDAY

Counselor: Now, can anyone tell me who this is?

[Our scene opens inside a modest class room setting. A man with a stocky build is next to a projector that shows a portrait of The Fallen. This is part of the "Mean Girls Sensativity Course" that Mercedes elected to go to almost religiously. Like her, other "mean girls" from all walks of life are present, but they don't seem too interested in the lecture either. The counselor, who is better suited to coaching a sports team than a rehabilitation course repeats the question. Mercedes looks around and when no one answered, she raised her hand. He points a ruler in her direction.]

Counselor: Yes, Mercedes.

Mercedes: Um, that would be The Fallen?

Counselor: Yes, it is. And who is this person wearing the eyepath remind you of?

Mercedes: It reminds me of Raynin.

Counselor: That's right. And can anyone tell me something about Raynin?

Class Clown: She wears an eyepatch.

Counselor: Yes?

Homeschooled Girl: She's from Texas.

Counselor: This is true.

If Raynin was talking to you right now, what would you say to her, Mercedes?

Mercedes: What would I say to her? Well, if it was the old me, I would have said, “I cannot believe I lost to someone with one good eye. Losing to you, “One-Eyed Raynin.” I would have been embarrassed, probably wouldn't have shown my face the next week. Hell, I still am embarrassed. My 50th match in SCW and not only did I lose the match, I lost the tag titles to someone wearing a damn eyepatch. Do you always have to wear that thing everywhere you go? The supermarket? Did you wear that to prom? When you received your diploma? On your wedding day? When you got your first job interview?' You know what else?

[Mercedes rises from her chair, the boldness in her voice surprising even her.]

Mercedes: I probably would have told her that she got lucky pinning me two weeks ago and that the ONLY reason why she and Raynin are tag team champions right now is because there is NO tag team division. I would have said that the tag team division is the ONLY division that they should stay in because outside of that, the closest they'll ever get to another singles run again in SCW is by purchasing a ticket a Chuck E' Cheese!

The counselor, playing Raynin role, begins to role play with Mercedes.

Counselor: Well, what if Raynin were to say that the only reason why you held the Bombshell Roulette Championship for so long is because she didn't think you were worth it?

[An audible gasp fills the room from the students.]

Mercedes: I'd say the day I fail to show up to Climax Control for an entire month is the same as either of them becoming nuns. With how many months they've missed over the three years they've been here, it's amazing that they're still employed!

Counselor: Wow. That is some strong words. And now that you've been taking this course for about six week, how would you respond to Raynin now?

[Mercedes lowers her head. She always thought she was humble, but it's hard to be humble when she's been this successful in SCW and in her career as a whole. After a moment, she lets out a breath, taking time to choose her words carefully./i]]

I probably would have said that all good things come to an end and that maybe they really are that good. I would have congratulated Raynin and Gothika on their win and just look forward to the next time we would meet again. Luckily, I don't have that long to wait either. Summer XXXtreme is a few weeks away.

[She looks around at the class.

Mercedes: And maybe, just maybe, I could invite all of you as guests on the Cruiseship for the supershow?

[At that note, the class burst into cheers. Mercedes shrugs her shoulders and it is here that our scene fades.]

♦ ♦ ♦

S|C|E|N|E| 003
[S O M E T H I N G | S O M E T H I N G| R E V E N G E]

♦ ♦ ♦
4:00PM | TUESDAY

[REC•

[She didn't care what time it was, didn't want to talk to anybody. Long after she was sent for a loop after Raynin hit her finishing move, long after Jacob Summers hit the mat three times to make the ill-fated pinfall that sealed her fate, long after Justin Decent announced the final outcome, long after Summers handed The Fallen celebrated with the titles. Mercedes was sat in the middle of the locker room bench, no titles to her name, just aches and pains and the simple fact that she was pinned in a tag team match for only the second time in her SCW career and first time in well over a year. It also didn't help that the last time that happened, the team that beat her also had an F in their name, The Freakettes, namely, and it was Rock Rose who ended her 14 month unpinned streak. It also didn't help that this was her first loss with Delia as her tag partner.]

[Scene opens on Mercedes straddling a wooden chair with her chin resting on her arms and looking at the camera. She is wearing an Anti-Mean Girls t-shirt, which is really just a Mean Girls t-shirt with a prohibition symbol covering the logo.]

“So, where do I begin? Where do I start with what went wrong two weeks ago in Hong Kong? Or maybe I should start at the end.”

Call me crazy, but what happened two weeks ago should not have happened, but I accept it. I didn't think our tag reign would end this soon, but we get our rematch in one month's time at Summer XXXtreme, and that's something I'll have to think about when we're on that cruiseship in Australia. For now, though, Raynin?

[Mercedes gives a side long glance.]

“It looks like it's you and me, sister.

Sunday Night Climax Control 122. The rematch. There isn't much to say except to say that this time, I'm getting back that win from two weeks ago, so I hope you haven't forgottn ring gear because after Sunday, you're next on my checklist.”

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)