Author Topic: Enlightenment Lesson 4: Over Compensation  (Read 353 times)

Offline Tony Thorn

• View Profile
    • Tony Thorn
Enlightenment Lesson 4: Over Compensation
« on: February 01, 2019, 07:04:10 AM »
 Narrator: Three wins out of three, people have earned championship matches for less than that, yet Tony Thorn was content with his short career, he was just refining his career after all with no need to rush. One match a cycle was all he felt he needed to advance himself. He believed that this career was a slow burning path to success. He saw enough to know that rushing in like a bull in a china shop would only serve to put the body more at risk, significantly shortening a career. It was that time in the cycle where Tony would step out from being the self trained wrestler and work with someone else once again. In the times Tony didn't appear on screen, which was a high percentage when he wasn't at a show to wrestle, he had no airs and graces, no urge to run around on expensive vacations or buy expensive things, it was back home to Lima, Ohio, the small house he shared with his mother, where he could fill his head with more knowledge. This is where we start, back in Ohio.

Tony Thorn lays on a sofa, his cold eyes staring up at the cracked white ceiling above his head, through thick rimmed glasses as the sounds of classical music can be heard playing through earphones, directly in to his ears, the music swaying around his brain, every note stimulating brain waves. His mind drifts to a suspended state, his eyes focusing on the cracked paint above his head but it's short lived as his mother stands over him, cutting in to his eyeshot. He reaches to the earphones that sit unnoticed in his ears and looking up at his mother, his eyes turning towards a thick envelope in her hands.

Tony: And what pray tell is that mother?

Victoria Thorn looks over her son as Tony swings his legs to the floor, his bare feet hitting the wooden boards as he raises the glasses on his face to rest on his head.

Victoria: This is from the offices of the guy with the accent and the guy who is a Twitter sexual harassment case waiting to happen.

Tony: Ah, Misters Ward and Underwood.

Victoria hands the envelope towards Tony who takes it with his right hand.

Tony: Thank you mother.

With a swift rip at the end, Tony opens the envelope, revealing documents inside. He pulls out the documents and unfolds the paper, revealing work related details. Tony lowers his glasses back across his eyes and read silently in his head.

Victoria: Well?

Narrator: Victoria had never really been a patient person, it just wasn't in her nature to be patient.

Tony looks up at his mother, his eyes just peering slightly over the top of the glasses.

Tony: It's the information about my next step in Sin City Wrestling, plus two air tickets to Carson City, Nevada for a match against a champion.

Victoria: Finally those idiots in the office has seen that my baby boy is better than that angry foreigner sexual predator they have as a champion and giving you the chance to rip that belt from his job stealing hands! About fucking time.

Tony: Not entirely the case mother.

Victoria looks firmly at Tony, confused by his denial.

Narrator: Through Victoria's eyes, her son was the best at anything he done. While this was the case with so many other aspects of his life, wrestling was not one he felt he had mastered yet, regardless of his flawless record.

Victoria: They're making you face that monk guy? The guy fucking the woman who used to be your friend, that has gone strangely quiet since Friar Tuck put in an appearance.

Tony: No. They have put me against the Mixed Tag Team champion, in a non title match, Lachlan Kane.

Victoria: Who the fuck is Lachlan Kane?

Narrator: Tony knew exactly who Lachlan Kane was. From the second anyone put their name on an SCW contract, Tony has taken the time to watch all he could about the person, learn all he could about the person in case their paths crossed at some time in the future. It didn't matter if you was a two match let down like Slappy McGoo, or a seasoned veteran like Joshua Acquin, Tony had spent a couple of days pawing over matches, interviews, news stories, anything he could find out about the person who was now a co-worker male or female, he watched, he learned, he took notice. Lachlan was no different. From the second his name was announced, Tony had spent time learning who he, and his significant other were before their boots touched the canvas of SCW. Without interaction, he felt he knew them personally enough to know their weaknesses and he already knew Lachlan's biggest weakness.

Tony: Lachlan Kane is a man who needs hype for validation, he needs to over compensate everything he does.

Tony taps his chin.

Tony: I think I know exactly how to teach young Ms. Jones a lesson here about how over compensation leads to delusion to show the weaknesses of an opponent, but I need your help mother.

Victoria: Anything you need son.

Tony: I need a high sort after selective event, something where the rich gather to brag, I also need Ms. Jones...

Narrator: The Thorns? At a High Society event? Stranger things have happened in the wrestling world, I've seen a lot.

As many people in black suits and ties, and women in long flowing evening dresses can be seen in a line, seemingly stepping up to a security line can be seen. The camera quickly jumps to the front to see an uncomfortable looking Tony Thorn in a black suit, with matching bow tie, standing next to his mother Victoria in a black evening dress and to his left Trinity Jones in a dark blue evening dress.

Trinity: What is this all about Tony?

Tony looks at Trinity with his cold eyes, a slight smile creeping over his face.

Tony: This Ms. Jones is a lesson for you, a lesson that will serve you very well in not only your wrestling career but in life.

The three approach security taking names. The head security guard looks at the three with disdain, looking down at his clipboard in front of him.

Security: Are you on the list?

Victoria: No, I'm here for my fucking health!

Tony raises a hand towards the security guard.

Tony: The Thorn party.

Tony looks intensely at the man who looks at the clipboard. He takes one look at Victoria again before looking down at the board once more.

Security: This way please.

The trio walk to where the security guard has pointed, walking through to a grand ballroom looking area. Tony turns his head towards his mother.

Tony: You must tell me how you managed this mother.

Victoria: I just told them that my son was a famous wrestler, that wanted to join their little club and they would be crazy not to accept him.

Tony and Trinity share a look before Tony looks at his mother again.

Tony: You threatened to rip their tongues out if they didn't entertain us tonight, didn't you?

Victoria: That was the polite version of what I said, yes.

Trinity looks at Tony with a smile.

Trinity: I like her.

Victoria: Now this place has a free bar, so I'm off to get seriously fucked up on rich folks money. You just let momma know when you're ready to leave.

Victoria squeezes Tony's arm before moving towards the bar area, leaving Tony and Trinity to look around. Before the two can move anywhere, a man approaches them.

Man: Ah, Mr Thorn I presume?

Tony looks at the man, noticing the strange tilt of the man's hair, an unnatural look to the naked eye. Tony nods politely, mustering up a smile as best he can.

Man: I am Herbert Sullivan I handle admissions to join our prestigious golf club. I'm delighted to have a television star honouring us tonight with their presence.

Tony: Actually two television stars. This is Ms. Trinity Jones, she is also in my field of work and has been for many a year.

Trinity puts her hand out politely as Herbert shakes it.

Herbert: Well we would be delighted to consider you both for membership should you meet certain criteria, but don't worry about that, for now, mingle and enjoy yourself. Now if you'll excuse me, I must mingle too.

Herbert steps away from the two as Trinity fires Tony a strange look.

Trinity: Your mother must have scared the shit right out of him.

Tony: She indeed has that effect on people she neither knows, nor cares about.

Trinity: Wait, we're here to get membership to an exclusive golf club? Can you even play golf?

Tony: God no. I mean I feel I could master the game with maybe forty point two seven hours of video and maybe twelve point seven hours of physically attempting it, but not, that is not why we're here. We're here to observe people who over compensate to hide something. Take our new friend Mr Sullivan.

Trinity: What about him?

The two look towards him and Tony waves his finger.

Tony: Did you not notice the unusual cut of the man's hair? The way it laid upon his head was slightly unnatural.

Trinity: I just thought he had a real shit haircut.

Tony: No dear Ms. Jones, the man is indeed wearing a hairpiece, a wig because he is over compensating for his baldness. Deep down he feels that he wouldn't be looked at the same again that he wouldn't be as important as his standing within this golf club if he had no hair, that he would seem less masculine, so he over compensates by wearing a wig.

Trinity looks at the man and back towards Tony.

Trinity: What does that have to do with anything?

Tony: Patience Ms Jones, there are many other examples in this room. This is why we're here to learn about these things, to prove a point. Come with me.

Tony puts his arm out towards Trinity who links her arm around is and the two walk deeper in the room. Tony stops them as he looks at a man.

Tony: Now here's a prime example. Listen in.

Narrator: Tony and Trinity did listen in to the man talking about how he'd been partying with countless women, spending late nights in suspect places to enjoy the company of beautiful people. How he'd spent so much money having fun and living what he saw was his life to the full. Tony could see through the man as if he was a window. The more the man bragged to his friends, who seemed to be eating up every single word, the more Tony smiled.

Tony: You see that man is over compensating for the fact that for his recent marriage failure. The truth is, he's probably been sitting at home alone doing nothing.

Trinity: How would you know that?

Tony raises his left hand and points to his wedding ring finger and point to the man. Trinity looks at the man to see a tan line where a wedding ring used to be.

Tony: Over compensating bragging when really he's a shell of a man. Shall we move on...

Tony and Trinity move to another group of people, just listening in.

Narrator: Tony and Trinity listen to another man speaking about the incredible money he is set to make, how the money is easy to bring in, so much so, he's considering buying a new million dollar sports car. The man continues to brag, seemingly making this money is easy, but Tony notices differently.

Tony: He may like to tell people that is was easy money but look closely. He has bags under his eyes from late night's working on this deal, his fingernails have been bitten down to next to nothing, the wrinkles by his eyes tell a different story. The man is over compensating for having a lack of a life outside his office prison.

A loud female voice can be heard from another side of the room and Tony and Trinity turn their heads to look at the woman, surrounded by three men. The woman speaks loudly, her hands randomly touching the men on their shoulders. Tony and Trinity walk towards the woman and Tony points to her.

Tony: This one is all yours.

Trinity: Ok, she's flirting and loud because she don't want people to know who she is, so she's deflecting them by distracting them. Probably can't get laid being herself, because she's ugly as a dog's ass so she tries to be the life of the party so people think she's actually worth a damn.

Tony smile at Trinity, resting his hand on her shoulder.

Narrator: Although that's not the way Tony's would have put it himself, Trinity had hit the nail on the head, she was projecting an image to people so no one could see the flaws of who she really was.

Tony: And that Trinity, is the lesson today. People over compensate who they are to avoid people seeing their weaknesses. I have a match in SCW with a man her personifies that very thing. A man who over compensates to avoid the fact he isn't a very good wrestler. The lesson here is once you can tell the difference between what's real, and what they want you to think is real, people are incredibly easy to defeat mentally and physically. Being real and knowing who one truly is, is what keeps us a step ahead of anyone else. I don't feel we need to waste our time here much longer.

The camera moves over to Victoria, sitting at the bar, a glass of Whiskey in between her fingers as she listens to a drunken conversation between two men.

Drunk guy 1: I can't believe they let those people in here. Low class inbred trash defiling the halls of our great club. If they become members I will strongly protest.

Drunk guy 2: What people?

Drunk guy 1: Those people.

Victoria turns her eyes as she sees them first drunk guy point towards Tony and Trinity. Victoria's eyes glow with rage as she reaches for a nearby bottle.

Victoria: Oh fuck no!

Narrator: Sadly, this part of the promo could not be shown for the extreme violent measures taken out by Victoria Thorn. Needless to say the scene ended up a mess and neither Tony, Victoria or Trinity will be offered membership to this exclusive club, so let's skip on to Tony talking about the man he is facing on Sunday, Lachlan Kane.

A table can be seen with a few items on, just a light shining from above showing the items as a model luxury yacht, a model sports car, a dollhouse and an action figure of Lachlan Kane. The shadow of Tony Thorn can be seen walking around the table as he looks down.

Tony: Four items, that each personifies over compensation, yes, that's what this is what you've been enlightened on and this is why you wonder why I would have linked it to Lachlan Kane.

Tony runs his finger along the sports car.

Tony: Every person with weakness has to over compensate to deflect from the fact that you're not actually as good as you'd like people to believe, and this is sadly the case for so many of the human species who can not face the facts that they are not living up to the standard they perceive to be normal. People by these things to make themselves feel that they're someone when they're not.

Tony picks up the sports car and throws it harshly against the wall.

Tony: Oh material objects to deflect. Hey, I'm a terrible human being but if I buy something fancy, everyone will not think that of me, they'll think I'm something special. I need a fancy new house where I can invite people over and show off.

Tony crashes his hand through the top of the dollhouse, the wood shavings falling across the table before Tony wipes them off the table before leaning in, looking closely at the action figure of Lachlan.

Tony: But that's not you, is it Lachlan? You don't need these trinkets to over compensate, do you?

Tony grabs the boat and throws it and the wall. He lifts up his hand to the action figure, holding a switchblade point to the top of his head.

Tony: Your over compensation is something physical, something you need a hype person to confirm, the hype person that is your significant other Sierra Williams, someone whole helps you over compensate by telling the world that you apparently have above average genitalia. You've build a team name on it, you've hammed it over your career, you've tried to make people focus on something that does not exist, just to distract away from the fact that you are just an average wrestler who needed something to try and make people take notice of you, so you got your hype woman working overtime.

Tony slides the blade down towards the aforementioned genitalia of the action figure.

Tony: So this doll must not me anatomically correct in your hype woman's eyes, but I feel it just might be. Tell me Lachlan, how does the size of your reproductive organs help you garner success as a wrestler?

Tony lifts the action figure to his ear, as if to listen to it speaking to him.

Tony: Oh really? Are you sure? I think you're wrong little dolly.

Tony lays the action figure back on the table, holding the blade back to it's genitalia.

Tony: See I see beyond the hype, nor do I care about if your woman likes to spare your feelings and over hype for you. I see the fact you point towards your some what moderately attractive woman to make yourself feel better for your shortcomings. You over compensate by making her seem like a prize, you over compensate by posting close up pictures of what is clearly rolled up socks in trunks, just to hide the fact that you're not very good in the ring. The fans listen to that side of you rather than seeing you for your average skills in the ring.

Tony moves his head closer to the action figure, his cold dead eyes looking in to the plastic eyes of the figure laying flat on it's proverbial back.

Tony: On Sunday, I will get to expose you so that they see no matter how much hype can come in your direction, no matter how many times you deflect the attention to your better half, no matter how high you raise that shiny belt of yours, you will be taken down by a man who may have less experience, less matches, zero championships to his name, and the hype surround you Lachlan will be gone. It will be over. I know who I am, I know my strengths, I know size of manhood plays no role in this industry, I know when it comes down to it my wrestling skills will outweigh yours without a problem.

Tony lays the blade on top of the action figure.

Tony: I do NOT need to over compensate who I am, I do not need to pretend to be something I'm not, or have something I do not possess. I do not need fancy trinkets, or expensive material possessions, because in this business, you need one thing, wrestling ability, and your time of hiding the fact that you have little comes to an end on Sunday.

Tony lifts the handle of the switchblade.

Tony: You have been enlightened!

Tony drives the blade downwards in to the action figures genital area, the knife stand up in the plastic figure. A cold blank look crosses Tony's face as the camera fades to black.
>

Watch - Listen - Lear
n