Author Topic: song improvisations  (Read 320 times)

Offline SenorVinnie

• View Profile
    • Senor Vinnie
song improvisations
« on: February 01, 2019, 09:07:16 PM »
 Senor Vinnie presents,

Song improvisations requests part one

Monday, January 28th 2019

We are in a small venue in downtown Las Vegas, Nevada. 50 lucky SCW fans have won tickets to a secret concert from the “Mariachi of Wrestling” Senor Vinnie. They have all gathered the small stage that besides two microphone stands and a chair is completely empty. They are awaiting the arrival of their favorite artist/wrestler. But like many superstars that have reached the top of their fame, he has come late. The club I serving drinks as they are going to bill it upon the bank account of Senor Vinnie to keep the “crowd” happy when suddenly a stage hand emerges and he has another small baby chair with him. He places the chair down and walks off, causing the people to stare at it with large interest.

A few moments passes before the stage hand returns and he has cactus Pete in his hands before placing the cactus in the baby chair and places a toy microphone in front of it before walking away. This gets the crowd starting to hope for the show to finally to begin when the lights dim and a voice starts to echo over the theme music from Star Wars.

Voice: From a country, not far away from here… a man was born with a gift. A gift to entertain as well as to shock the masses. He is a man that has clawed a way from the mean streets of Tijuana, Mexico. And trust me, those kids on their tricycles are tough hombres for sure ese. You don’t want to mess with those guys, but I should focus back upon the man of the hour and the tower of musical power…. Senor… Vinnie…

The crowd claps in excitement, expecting the man to emerge from the back but nothing happens except for the voice to continue.

Voice: You may ask yourself, what made this man who he is today. Why is he so talented and why is the world not playing his music for crying out loud?? Excuse me, I’m just frustrated that I am sitting in a corner in the dark. But I know that I am just an extra that is hired to do one thing and introduce him, but seeing I already mentioned who is showing up I may just take advantage of the chances that I am taking myself. I….

KABOING!!!

A loud thud can be heard after clearly being whacked across the back of the man’s back as we hear footsteps walking towards the stage. We see Senor Vinnie holding a broken guitar, clearly he broke it over the announcer and looks sad.

Senor Vinnie: I just broke my favorite guitar, I’m sorry about that, but this shall not stop me from doing this for you people. Because an artist always comes prepared in case of an emergency.

The same stage hand that we saw earlier on walks on stage, this time his head is heavily bandaged as if he was hit on the head earlier with something heavy. He hands Senor Vinnie the guitar and the artist acknowledges it and tells him to get off the stage.

Senor Vinnie: That was Michael people, he is a fine stage hand. It would mean a lot to me if you show him some appreciation.

A few fans put their hands to each other and start a slow clap as they aren’t sure why.

Senor Vinnie: Gracias, I am sure that he has heard that in the back of this fine club. Now I am aware that you people have won tickets to see me perform and I always want to hand out something special to my fans, because they are special to me. So I decided to do a singing improvisation where I will take a song that is known to the world and make it my own. Because that’s what the true greats do.

He looks over the small crowd and turns his head towards Cactus Pete as it asked him something before Senor Vinnie turns his head and shakes it

Senor Vinnie: I don’t have time to do the Bohemiam Rhapsody rendition that I used to sing to you so that you go to sleep at night Pete.

Silence

Senor Vinnie: Fine!! I will do it tonight!! But you have to sit here and check if there’s someone that wasn’t on the guestlist okay??

Silence

He grins as he turns his attention back to the crowd as there’s already several hands raised up in the air for requests. Senor Vinnie sees a blonde boy of not older than fifteen that is jumping so high that he just barely got noticed by him.

Senor Vinnie: Kiddo, what is your request???

The kid looks around and then back towards Senor Vinnie with his finger pointing towards himself,k not believing that he was picked out of the crowd

Senor Vinnie: Si, I was talking to you kid. Do you have a song for me that I could improve upon???

Kid: Oh wow…, okay. I wanted to ask if you could do chop suey from System Of A Down???

The kid grins from ear to ear as he is awaiting the answer from Senor Vinnie, that has gone silent for a few moments. Clearly not expected a song that is as diverse and rather seemingly impossible to play on a acoustic guitar. But the man grins and grabs the guitar as he is plugging away on the strings for a few moments before turning his attention towards the kid.

Senor Vinnie: Okay kiddo, I haven’t come so far by playing safe. So for you, I will do an improvised version of Chop Suey. And even though this song is great, I will make it even better.

The kid smirks, not believing a word that the wrestler of Sin City Wrestling is saying. But that slowly changes when he hears him start to play the infamous intro waiting for him to start to sing to see if he can truly make a song of his own.

Blasted Monk,
Grab your chance to try to beat (me)
Grab your chance to try to beat
Hide the fact that you shall fear (me)
Hide the fact that you shall fear
Why'd you even try to bother showing up this Monday?
Here you go and lose another match
You wanted to
Grab your chance to try to beat me
You wanted to
Hide the fact that you shall fear me
You wanted to
Why'd you even try to bother showing up this Monday?
You wanted to
I don't think you trust
In, your, self righteousness chances.

He stops playing as the people are applauding him and the kid has a huge shock upon his face. Not believing that Senor Vinnie could pull of something like that and make it even sound amazing. Eventually he just can’t help but smile and get excited as Senor Vinnie smiles and hands him a guitar pic with his signature on it.

Senor Vinnie: Here you go kid, who knows one day you can do something amazing like this, the only thing that you have to do is believe….

He looks at Pete the cactus and rolls his eyes.

Senor Vinnie: Tonight PETE!!!!!

He stares at the crowd and sees a young lady of around 29 years old with a hand raised in the air.

Senor Vinnie: Yes young senorita??

Girl: My heart will go on from Celine Dion??

The eyes of Senor Vinnie turn huge, hearing the song that Celine Dion created for the Titanic Song and scratches his head before turning back to the girls head.

Senor Vinnie: Are you sure??

The girl nods her head by saying yes as this causes Senor Vinnie to sigh and scratch his head once more.

Senor Vinnie: Oh well okay, but I have to tell you. I was asking for good songs, not some throw aways.

The young girl is shocked as she is about to say something, but she is cut of by Senor Vinnie.

Senor Vinnie: But seeing that I am a real good mood and you did your best to get here. I will attempt to give what you ask for and what the world should have heard instead of what she did from the Northern borders of Canada… eh??

Senor Vinnie starts to play the guitar once more, sounding rather depressing while whistling as he attempts to bring in the flute part that started the song. But quickly stops that as he starts to sing

Every night in my dreams
I see you, I feel you
That is how I know you will fail
Far across the distance
And spaces between us
You have come to show you will lose
Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here feeling my beadown
And my beatdown will go on and on
My kicks can touch you one time
And last for a lifetime
And I’ll never stop  till I’m  done
Satisfaction was when I beat you
One true time I have to
In your life Monk, the beating always goes on

A rather large group of male fans cheer as they like this version much better than the original one that has sold millions of copies around the world. The girl is confused, she has to admit that she did enjoy the alternative lyrics. But wasn’t sure whether Senor Vinnie wasn’t trying to mock the song. Senor Vinnie sees her doubt on her face as he motions to the stage hand backstage and he comes over with a t shirt that Senor Vinnie hands over to the girl.

Senor Vinnie: Here you are senorita, a Senor Vinnie and Cactus Pete t shirt. You are the first one of soon many fans that will wear this shirt when it will go live on SCWshop.com after this coming Monday. So I guess you are the luckiest person alive to have this.

She looks at the shirt and then turns her attention back to Senor Vinnie and has a sly smile upon her face.

Girl: Thanks…, I guess.

Senor Vinnie: Anyone else???

A rather old woman walks towards the stage, using her walker to keep her standing upwards and able to move around. Senor Vinnie sees her approaching the stage and immediately jumps off the stool that he was sitting on and helps the older lady.

Senor Vinnie: Here you are, here’s a microphone and tell me real slow what you want to hear.

Old Lady: Sure thing sonny, do you know any Frank Sinatra???

Senor Vinnie smiles, nodding his head as he places the guitar down next to him and rubs his hands together as he is clearly pleased by the selection.\

Senor Vinnie: Frankie Blue eyes, now there’s a name that you do not hear often and that’s a shame though. He was great, obviously not as impressive as Senor Vinnie. But hey, it was a different era back then. People weren’t trying to screw listeners over with voice boxes and that kind of shit. Oh no, the real talent came out and that was the only thing that would allow you to survive in the music industry.

Old Lady: Yeah, yeah sonny. That’s all nice and well, but get that singing voice working and give me what I want.

Senor Vinnie is surprised by the boldness of the older lady, but grins as he nods his head and clears his throat a few times before concentrating for his performance.

And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I've traveled each and every highway
And more, much more than this
I beat you my way
Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
I beat you my way
Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all, when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall
And Blasted Monk I beat you my way

Senor Vinnie stops his acapella performance as he lowers his head, awaiting the reaction of the older lady and the rest of the crowd.

Old Lady: HUH?? What did you say?? My hearing aid quit on me… hello????

The shot fades with Senor Vinnie and the entire crowd laughing at the comment being made by the old lady as we fade to a commercial break.

Song Improvisations request part two.

Friday, January 1st 2019

We are in Carson City, Nevada. Senor Vinnie is sitting down in a park in the early morning, doing something that seems like meditation. Crossing his legs and has his hands spread across his legs and he is humming softly

Senor Vinnie: Hummmmmmmmmmmmm

Next to him we see Cactus Pete that is wearing a headband across the “Head” of the cactus and he has an old fashioned ghetto blaster that is playing Enya’s Orinoco Flow.

Senor Vinnie: Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

He is moving his fingers in a graceful way as if he is connecting to the flow of the song while relaxing.

Senor Vinnie: Hummmmmmmmm…. Why are you bothering me Pete?? Hummmmmmmmmmmm

Silence.

Senor Vinnie: Hummmmmmmm, you know that I am meditating right??? Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Silence

Senor Vinnie slowly opens his eyes, still humming in his meditative position. After stopping humming he starts to inhale and exhale, trying to inhale positive vibes and blow out the negative ones.

Senor Vinnie: Yes I know I am facing Blasted Monk Pete, is that why you attempted to break me from my meditation???

Silence

He lifts his arms in the air and places his hands together before starting to move his head from left to right before closing his eyes again and hums for a few moments.

Senor Vinnie: He is a monk Pete, I am sure that he isn’t going to be doing the same thing that happened to the bombshell golden briefcase. I mean seriously?? With all my money, I should just buy my own security to protect the suitcase wherever I go.

Silence

Senor Vinnie: Why do you want me to cash in this coming Monday?? It’s a Monday show for crying out loud!! It’s nothing special.

Silence

Senor Vinnie: Oh I know that it would raise ratings, but I have become rather attached to the golden suitcase and I just want to have my reign as golden suitcase champion a memorable one.

Silence

Senor Vinnie: NO!! I’m not a moron!! I prefer the thought of fighting for something that means the world to me, only to cash it in for something just that more important to me. But unlike those who just run in while someone is down, I want to cash in to challenge Fenris for a one on one contest at the date of MY choosing.

Silence

Senor Vinnie sighs as he ‘hears’ the question from Pete that causes him to come out of his meditation.

Senor Vinnie: I made a mistake okay?? I know that my comments were a little bit too personal and insulting. Now I know that we do something that we call trash talking, to get under the skin of your opponent to build a hype that gets the people and the wrestlers at hand excited. But I had not intended to go the direction that I went…. I had success gone to my head and I became uncontrollable. That’s why the change of heart and embrace meditation.

Silence.

Senor Vinnie: HEY!!! What do you mean that you weren’t meditating??

Silence

Senor Vinnie; You were smoking pot??? Okay that’s it!! I’m cutting your allowance for the remainder of the year until you know to use your money in a responsible way!

Silence

Senor Vinnie: I know that it helps you relax, but that’s not just what Meditation is all about. It gives me the opportunity to plan ahead, it helps me prepare mentally for the next thing in line. And that is facing Blasted Monk in a one on one contest. It’s a good thing that SCW did not put my suitcase on the line, making it a non golden suitcase defense.

Silence

Senor Vinnie: FINE!!!!

He stares at the camera and takes a sip from the bottle of water and swallows it before he sighs and collect himself

Senor Vinnie: Apologies for that, Pete sometimes becomes very personal. He likes to get under my skin and I need to remain calm and collective as I am facing a former champion. Blasted Monk, someone I have yet to compete against and that always brings a smile on my face.

Why you may ask yourself?? Well you may and go ahead, ask yourself…

He chuckles as he shakes his head.

Senor Vinnie: I’m sorry, I just had a lyric stuck in my head from Neneh Cherry, you know the song Manchild?? I have not looked at the age of Monk to see If he was around in 1989. But it just got to me that she actually used the question ask yourself. A question that she almost started the song with… turn around ask yourself, so you think you’re going to win this time around manchild???

Quite a question isn’t it?? Especially when you start to think about the word manchild, clearly something that is degrading to be named that way as an adult male. But let’s get honest people, most of you deserve to be called like that…. The question is, do you think you are one Monk??

Manchild: An adult male who still posesses psychological traits of a child. Traits include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- whining
- pettyness
- trying to pass the blame for their own underdeveloped judgement
- not "stepping up to the plate" when it's their role to.
- secretly still finds 3rd grade bathroom humor amusing.
- is able to connect with his children, but only as another child, not as a father.
- not to mention an overall insecurity in who he is as a man, from which similar traits sprout.

Quite a long explanation isn’t it?? Now before you are asking yourself If I am a walking dictionary?? No, I may be a very intelligent individual, but this is something that I had to look or to get the point across. The point that you are a wrestling manchild senor… a man that when the moment comes that pressure gets to you, that you will choke. Now I know, I know that you are going to mount a comeback to say that I choked when I lost to Fenris several times. I know that pressure got to me, but I did not become a wrestling Manchild. Because I have the proof in my possession that things will change for the better. I battled through diversity and came out on top, winning something far more important than whatever your championship belt was named at the time. But just like me losing to Fenris… you losing to Ty West isn’t something to be ashamed about… but unlike you… I obtained the price that was handed to you… the chance to unify two golden championship belts.. only to walk out of the ring empty handed… and that to me is a definition of being a wrestling Manchild. A mature man that cannot handle the responsibility to be a leader for others to follow, preferring rather to be a corner man in a circle to keep all the bad vibes out.

I just simply pointing out the obvious facts, something that I know you and I will both agree on Senor that I have already surpassed you in how many days?? Weeks? Okay, a few months. But isn’t that just impressive?? Is that what the calm and collective Monk can comprehend and use his educative wisdom to find an answer and motivate himself to try and do harder??

Pfew that’s a lot of things that I had to say.

He chuckles while taking another sip from the bottle before staring back into the camera.

Senor Vinnie: Now don’t get me wrong, I am not taking you lightly Senor Monk, but you have to understand that in my situation as the undisputed Golden Briefcase holder… again, this is a non briefcase match… I have a distinguished expectation to uphold the fact of being the deserving campione over this briefcase. Something that you obviously cannot understand unless you want to quote stories from your amigo’s experience. But that’s something that gets you nowhere Wrestling Manchild.

So I wonder what excuse, pettiness or just accusations towards the entire world about the fact that you fucked up. Just show up my amigo and tell the world why, why you could not rise to the occasion and make the entire crop of a few people proud that actually believe in a manchild?? Because no matter how had you try, once you get that title being a manchild?? It will be nearly impossible to get rid of it… especially in comparison of someone that is clearly far more succesul already in it’s oh so short career. The career of the man that will be remembered that has taken 2019 by STORM!! I will take this year and party through it as if it was 1999… yes, a reference to a great performer as well, someone that could not do anything wrong. Obviously he did in the eyes of the manchilds that thought that they could control him merely because he signed a piece of paper, making them believe that they owned him.

How silly isn’t it?? Just like the aftermath of this match, giving you a case of déjà vu when I’m done with you. Where I want to prove to the world that I am indeed this humble man, that I am totally zen and shit like that. Where I will dedicate this match to one very important person in my life and no, it is not you Monk. Because like Queen once sang…., no time for losers… cause we are champions…. Of the world!!

Just be thankful that this experience will be a motivation, a motivation to look up and realize that once you hit rock bottom… that the only direction that you could go is up. And that you are thankful, thankful for the direction that I have guided you through in this hard and dark times. Where your faith in yourself will be fully tested. It’s no shame to fail my amigo…, just as long as you do not put the blame upon the one that tried to help you… helping you by beating sense into your ass manchild. Because it is time for you to grow up, it is time for you to accept reality…. And reality tells you that for 365 days… I will be the terror of the entire SCW division…, while you??

He chuckles as he is about to get up and stares into the camera for the final time.

Senor Vinnie: While you, you will be resorted upon history repeating itself until you understand what I will put you through… good luck senor…., I see you at Climax Control… where I will reign supreme…. And to you Senorita Valora…, I will dedicate this victory to you…..

With that the shot slowly fades as the promo has ended.