Author Topic: Blast From The Future  (Read 258 times)

Offline Playtime

• View Profile
    • Polly Playtime
Blast From The Future
« on: April 07, 2017, 11:16:33 PM »
 BLAST FROM THE FUTURE
(Round 1.  FIGHT!)

~I can’t believe it’s been almost a month, with no gold in my pocket. I’m not jealous though, not in the least.  Hey, if Mikah wants to believe she’s won, she’s only kidding herself.  In the end, I ALWAYS win.  It doesn’t matter how long it takes me to get there.  When I do get there though, it’s always memorable.  Mikah’s just a champion for a transitional period and won’t do anything memorable with it.  The signs are all there.  Day by day as the Bombshell Internet Championship rots in her possession, I’m seeing more and more why all the bombshells were on strike back when she was the World Bombshell Champion… because she hardly ever defended it.~

~Standing in the background and then claiming you’re the reason for a strike of your peers just isn’t memorable to me.  Trust me, when I have that championship back, it will be well sought after again.  Only next time there will be no tournament.  I will make it memorable by not just defending it, but doing something far more special with it than just saving the Internet one site at a time.  Time will reveal all.~

~For now, it’s time for the Blast From The Past tournament.  I’ve gotten to know some about my partner Kris Halc, which for this weekend means we already have at least one leg up on our competition.  Right now though I have done something I never thought I’d do, give a guy the time of day and open up to him by telling him some things about me… without teasing him or making him “lose” to me.  The whole time he gazed at me, but he was definitely paying attention.  Heh, might be the most effort he’s put into anything away from the ring.  Hopefully he can put that kind of an effort into our tournament run.~

~This Sunday will tell me if he can or he can’t.  If he can’t, he’ll lose like all the others.  If he can, maybe, just maybe he is capable of handling me.  Simply put, he needs to prove himself worthy of having me as his tag team partner…

\'user

Friday, April 7, 2017
Detroit, Michigan
Detroiter Bar

~I made the big gesture.  Me.  This time around I have no evil intentions either.  Since Kris has released a few things about himself to me, I figured it would be good to return the favor, so we come to an understanding.  The more we know about each other, the more well-oiled of a machine we’ll be, and the better of a chance that we’ll have of winning the Blast From The Past tournament, thus securing exactly what we want, opportunities to both once again be champions.~

~I glance down at my watch and see that the big hand is almost to the 12, which will mean 8 o’clock.  I haven’t had dinner yet and I’m hoping he hasn’t either.  I’m hoping he won’t be late either.  Trust me when I say that I don’t like it when people keep me waiting.  I’m impatient, not petty.  I tap my left foot on the floor, but as I turn around and look behind me, I find myself impressed actually, as I see him walking in the door of the bar.  Putting my hand up and waving it in the air, he finds me.~

Polly:  â€œWow, you’re on time.”

Kris:  â€œYes I am.  I almost wasn’t as I had to get rid of someone for a bit.  Don’t mind me though.  I want to learn some about you tonight.”

Polly:  â€œWell okay then.  I put us on the list for a table.  Just remember, this is NOT a date.  Consider it a business meeting, a helpful one that will help you understand a little about who I am.”

Kris:  â€œI’m not going to complain about that Polly.”

~He puts his hands up in innocence, keeping some distance between the two of us.~

Polly:  â€œGood.  I may as well start now being it’ll be a few more minutes before we get a table probably.  I’ll make it easy for you.  I’ve become the way I am because of being teased one day back in elementary school.  That day changed my life.”

Kris:  â€œWow.  I just can’t see how anyone would tease you.  I’ve seen what you can do.  All of us around here have.  No one has made fun of you once they saw the in-ring gifts that you have.  Even though you lost the…”

~His voice fades out on those words.  I give him a look, but he gets saved as at this exact moment we’re led to a free table.  He is nice enough to pull the chair out for me and let me sit first.  He tucks it in too and then goes and sits down across from me.  I leave my long sleeve hooded sweatshirt on, that way this stays strictly business, with him not getting any sort of view.  We are left a pair of menus, but we both don’t look at them right off the bat.  I instead respond to his last thought.~

Polly:  â€œI will just ignore that “L” word.  It doesn’t associate with me, got it Kris?”

Kris:  â€œYes, and it won’t be associated with US either.”

Polly:  â€œI’m glad to hear it.  Now then, I know this won’t be the same as tagging with Jason and all.  It’ll be-”

Kris:  â€œBETTER!”

~Wow.  I know he and Jason just lost the World Tag Team Championships and all, but I didn’t think he’d be that blunt that he’d rather tag with me than his own flesh and blood.  Though I don’t blame him.  I can’t help it but to smile actually.  It’s my evil smile, but still a smile, which gets him to smile as well.~

Polly:  â€œNow you’re talking.  I guess it’s because you know that I’ll be there waiting in that corner for you to tag in, and that you can count on me to always be there.  Trust me.  Mikah won’t be a problem.  Besides, if she comes in and uses her little brass knuckles on me again, we win, and that’s the LAST thing Mikah would want, so I’m sure she’ll stay far away.  She should, if she knows what’s good for her.”

~He clams up at this moment in time, looks at me briefly, then looks down at the menu.  I peruse mine and we both seem to quickly pick something that we’ll want.~

Polly:  â€œAre you okay with picking up the tab?”

Kris:  â€œYou were nice enough to entertain this little business meeting of ours, so yes.  What else should I know about you?  I don’t want to get on the bad side of the prettiest bombshell on the roster.”

Polly:  â€œHmm.  You think I’m pretty?  Join the club.  Anyways, yes there is.  Don’t be fooled by my childish-looking exterior.  Too many have already made that mistake.  Deep down, while I can be witch, I’m also passionate.  I love my mom and dad, especially my dad.  He’s taught me everything I know.”

Kris:  â€œWell, he’s done a good job.  Anything else I should know?”

~It’s nice that his attention span is fully on me, but I don’t want to divulge too much.  I want to keep him guessing, just in case he lets me down.  Because the moment he does, I’m going to kick him right in the crotch.  This tournament means a lot to me, even though it’s the first ever tournament I’ve been involved in, ever.~

Polly:  â€œDon’t you worry about that.  I’ll tell you when the time comes.  I just hope that you’re ready for Sunday night.  We’ve got two blasts from the past that I want to take down.  I want to show everyone that we’re blasts from the future, and that the past should just remain there, the past.”

Kris:  â€œThat’s a bandwagon I’m happy to hop on.  I promise.  I won’t make any silly mistakes that will cost us the match.  I’ll do my absolute best and be a better partner than Jason could ever be.”

Polly:  â€œDo you mean that, or are you just saying that?”

Kris:  â€œI mean it.  We aren’t going to lose this Sunday night.  We aren’t going to lose in this tournament at all.”

~For the first time in our conversation I look directly at him and he has his eyes on me.  They look about as devilish as mine sometimes do.  I return the same look to him, and we definitely right now look like two peas from the same pod.  At least we have a mutual understanding of one another.  This is going to help ensure that we don’t lose, so that way he won’t be the latest in the line of “LOSERS” that I’ve put behind me.~

~I keep my eyes on him, not blinking.  He seems to be playing along with me, in a staring contest.  Finally I get him to blink and I grin.~

Polly:  â€œHeh, that better be the LAST time you lose Kris.”

Kris:  â€œOh I’m motivated.  I won’t lose around you AGAIN!”

~I hold my grin as a waitress has now come and grabbed our orders.  After she goes away I look down at the table for a bit.  When I look up, Kris Halc is still there.  Hopefully at this Climax Control and throughout the rest of the Blast From The Past tournament, he will still be there in my corner, knowing full well that this is win at all costs.  He understands.  Now it is just all about eliminating every single team that ends up being unfortunate enough to cross our paths.~

\'user

Friday, April 7, 2017
Detroit, Michigan
Hotel Courtyard

~Normally one would think a little girl like me would be afraid of the dark and afraid of being outside alone, with no one standing by her side.  The problem is I am just not the little girl that you perceive me to be.  I’ll always have the “little girl” inside me, but I’ve grown up.  I’m a young woman now and I know enough about our world.  I know that sometimes life is going to hand you lemons.~

~Well, I fire back!  I make sure my opponents taste sour grapes!  That sour taste stays in their mouths forever too!  With the Blast From The Past tournament now here, that means there are a whole bunch of new faces whom I’m never faced before.  To me, whether they are veterans, hall-of-famers, or not-quite-there-yets, all of the bombshells involved in this are just victims to me.  Losers if you will.  None of them have no need to worry though.  I don’t deem any of them as “nothing”.  I’m not Mikah.  I’m me.  I’m the FUTURE of this Bombshell Division.  Taking the SCW Bombshell Internet Championship and ruling the roost for just over three months was only just the beginning.  This tournament is chapter two in a book that has so many blank pages left in it.~

~I walk further in the darkness until a lamppost overhead bathes me in its light.  It’s here that I stop and pull out a notebook and my favorite pink pen, one that I have reloadable ink for.  Normally I’m just one to scream out my thoughts to all of you out there.  That’s not going to change.  It’s just that this time what needs to be said and heard will scream out on the page!~

First and foremost, I have learned what this tournament is all about.  It’s about honoring two wrestling legends, one male and one female.  Equality, and I like it.  I like it even more that I was able to land Kris Halc as my tag team partner.  Let’s just say over the last few weeks, the two of us have gotten to know one another a little bit.  We’re a threat as we’re definitely both on the same wavelength.  I don’t normally say this, but Kris is different from any other guy that has crossed my path before.  Now do I trust him with my life?  Absolutely not!  However he does know what his job is when it comes to this tournament.  Win.  Don’t lose with me as your partner, and you’ll be golden.

To take the second step in our new partnership, we take on our first challenge, in the form of two multi-time former champions from Sin City Wrestling’s folklore, that being Brother Grimm and Misty, both of whom haven’t won a championship in over 3 years.  Ring rust will no doubt be a factor on the both of them, but I’m not going to get pulled into that line of thinking.  I don’t care if they have to both spend the entire match knocking off the rust.  In fact, they just might get much time in this tournament at all.

I mean heck, from what I do know, Misty hates Brother Grimm.  Implosion warning!  Implosion warning!  I can definitely see Misty walking out on her partner, considering what he’s done to her in the past.  Should that happen, Kris and I will no doubt take it.  It’ll be fun to watch all the drama unfold to be quite honest.  Maybe I’ll just bring down the leftover cake from last week and just nosh on it as soon as Misty leaves.  Kris can handle Brother Grimm.  Besides, if he shows even a moment of weakness, I will help our team win in any way I possibly can.  I’m not going to try and hide it either, unlike a certain blonde that is already not living up to her promise…  The promise that she is supposedly more evil and cruel then I am.

This Sunday night though, this entire tournament in fact, does not revolve around said blonde.  It revolves around #PrettyCity, that being Kris Halc and of course, ME, Polly Playtime.  It is going to revolve around the two of us first knocking off two of Sin City Wrestling’s antiques, two that no doubt believe that they can just come back and win this tournament.

To that Brother Grimm and Misty, the landscape around here has changed.  I know my partner and I just lost our championships at Blaze of Glory, but before that night, the fans of Sin City Wrestling and the rest of the world were bearing witness to the younger generation kicking butt and taking names!  Very soon it will happen again, and you Misty, you’re clearly here on a one-off, so you won’t even be sticking around to see what happens to Mikah when I next get my hands on her.  In fact she’ll get a sample of what’s going to happen to her, through means of you.  Yes I know you’ve had a storied and championship-filled history.  Yes you can probably still go in the ring.  But no, you’re not going to oust me from this tournament!  I am bound and determined that I get back what I rightfully deserve to still have, the SCW Bombshell Internet Championship!

It is seriously the only way for Sin City Wrestling to evolve into the future.  With Mikah as a champion, it just halts Sin City Wrestling’s progress as a whole.  Just like how you and Brother Grimm are returning into the fold for a limited time only brings time to a stop.  I’m not a fan of everything coming to a dead screech.  I prefer when things just keep on moving.  No harm, no foul though, because two nights from now here in Detroit, you and Brother Grimm will be goners… fading back away into the abyss.  You two just don’t have the team chemistry at all, considering your history.  Kris and I, even though we haven’t known each other long, can definitely get along, even if it’s only for the duration of the tournament.  And we WILL be alive and kicking for the duration of the tournament.  The title opportunities that await at the end of this tournament will be awarded to us.  As far as you go Misty, and as far as Brother Grimm goes, this match we’re about to have Sunday night will be a distant memory.  However you’ll at least both remember it, after I’m shouting out two words to the both of you…  YOU LOST!!

That should say it all right there.  Unlike you Misty, I’m not afraid of someone like Brother Grimm either.  I’m not scared of taking on anyone or anybody, either in the ring OR in a backstage confrontation, because I have all the tools to take anybody down and humiliate them.  Now in the ring Brother Grimm will luck out when the referee is paying attention.  However you Misty, you won’t.  You’re either going to end up with your face planted into the canvas or your chest caved in with you lying flat on your back.  Either way, the two of you will be making the early exit and won’t be Blasts From The Past.  Instead you’ll both be blasted back INTO the past… as LOSERS!

#BlownKissOfDeath

#OnToRound2

#PrettyCity

~I dot the “i” in City last as I purse my lips closed.  I put my notebook and favorite pen back into the bag I have resting on my left shoulder, but I don’t move from the lamppost’s spotlight just yet.  It just feels so perfect, with it illuminating me, being I will be the reason for why Kris Halc and I will once again be champions soon, and the reason for why Sin City Wrestling will once again be able to plow into its bright future, leaving all of the blasts from the past behind.~