Author Topic: “Former Champ vs. Future Champ!”  (Read 562 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“Former Champ vs. Future Champ!”
« on: April 23, 2021, 06:19:26 PM »
Caleb had done it, he had pinned Bill Barnhart after hitting the Metal Storm Shooting Star Press on him and now joined Miles Kasey as Alex Jones’s first challengers for the Roulette Championship at Into the Void X, however that show was still several weeks away and this week he had a tune up match against the man Alex beat to win the championship in the first place, Cassian Reed! Cassian was the latest in a long line of Go Gym Graduates to see success in SCW, but Caleb was looking to build momentum going into his title match at Into the Void, can Caleb beat Cassian?

Backstage at Climax Control 297, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday the 18th of April 2021, 22:00pm

From bowing out of one title scene (for the time being) to being thrown into another.

I don’t know if the bosses planned for me to take on Bill in the last Roulette Title qualifier before I made it clear that I wasn’t planning on pursuing the Internet Title again and the fact that they announced Mac Bane as Agostino’s next challenger doesn’t help matters but I was looking for a way to bounce back from my loss to Agostino anyway and the fact that there was a shot at the Roulette Title on the line helped.

Well, at least next week I have a new opponent to look forward too.

I was given the card during the Main Event match between Ignorant Discord and The Black Sheep winded down and I’ve got former Roulette Champion Cassian Reed serving as mu opposition this week! Cassian us a Go Gym graduate so I hope that I can get some insight from Katie since she’s been training at the Go Gym and all, well, as soon as she returns from the women’s bathroom at least.

“Me vs. the former Roulette Champ next week.” I commented as I looked over the card not realizing that Katie was returning to our table. “Should be a good one.”

“You realize how little “former Roulette Champ” narrows things down, right?” Katie asked as she sat down opposite me. “That title’s almost as old as SCW itself!”

“To be fair, I can’t think of many Roulette Champs from the first era who are still active.” I commented with a shrug and Katie nodded in agreement before I showed her the card. “Second match on the card.”

“Cassian Reed, guess who’s finally come back.” Katie chuckled before handing me the card. “Krystal is just gonna love this.”

“All I need to know is whether Krystal’s rooting for me or not and I’m golden.” I nodded in response and Katie was clearly making a mental note to ask Krystal about that. “You have any insights on him?”

“Cassian? He was part of the last class, the one before mine.” Katie explained as she shook her head. “Krystal’s the most vocal about him and you get no prizes for guessing why but the other grads plus Gabriel and Odette seem to like him enough.”

“Hopefully, he and Krystal can bury the hatchet, I’m not holding my breath though.” I responded as I shook my head before we heard the ring bell ringing and glanced up just in time to see the Mixed Tag Team Titles change hands. “Huh, Ignorant Discord are the new Mixed Tag Team Champs.”

“Wonder how long it’ll be before the bosses book a rematch for Into the Void X?” Katie wondered with a shrug and I nodded in agreement. “So, when will we leave?”

“Soon, I guess, I do have a match to prepare for.” I shrugged in response before we continued eating.

Caleb’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Friday the 23rd of April 2021, 18:00pm

It’s been a wild week.

On top of preparing for my match and practicing with my band we’ve had the whole situation with Carter being booked in a Handicap Match on Underground and for some reason, finding teaming with Father Gerard preferable to teaming with Krystal, not because of their falling out, they made it clear that they’re passed that on the last episode of Underground but because he didn’t do intergender matches and he happened to be facing two guys.

Could be worse, I guess.

Right now, I’m in the yard playing fetch with Lemmy and I’m about halfway through when I heard Katie’s car pulling up, and it didn’t take long for Lemmy’s attention to be diverted as he ran into the house with his tail wagging, I followed him in and saw my wife alongside two guests from the Go Gym.

“Hey Lemmy!” Krystal greeted our pup as he ran up to her, Ari and Katie jumping around as he did, it didn’t take Ari long to start petting him as well. “Katie’s coming along nicely in her training Caleb.” Krystal commented once she saw me.

“Hello to you too,” I greeted the Aussie woman with a grin and Krystal shook her head. “Where you able to resolve the situation with Carter?”

“We’re not sure what’s going to happen on Saturday, aside from the matches announced off course.” Ari responded with a sigh as Lemmy sat down at her feet. “Carter’s adamant that he doesn’t want to team with Krystal even though they worked well together last week.”

“Apparently, my experience wrestling men means nothing to him.” Krystal grumbled under her breath as she rolled her eyes. “At least I have the Dark Show match to keep me occupied, and Ari has that cage match against Veronica next week.”

“Because clearly, I haven’t beaten her up enough!” Ari sighed before she bent over to rub Lemmy’s belly. “Meant to ask, we’re taking several Go Gym grads with us to Underground tomorrow and yes, that includes Katie, you want to come with us Caleb?”

“I do have the match with Cassian on Sunday, but what the hell? Been a while since I attended an Underground show.” I shrugged my shoulders in response before I turned to Krystal. “Speaking off, any tips for dealing with Cassian?”

“Aside from kicking him in the balls so hard, his ancestors feel it?” Krystal asked semi-jokingly and we had a good laugh at that. “He’s a former boxer even though he doesn’t like using his fists for whatever reason, besides that, he wouldn’t have graduated if Gabriel and Odette didn’t think he was ready so don’t underestimate him, and if you do beat him? All the better.”

“But he’s a Go Gym Graduate!” Ari protested and Krystal shook her head.

“Who can’t get the message that I’d rather have sex with a cactus than even think of touching him intimately!” Krystal responded as she rolled her eyes, and we shared a wince as Ari stood back up and went to leave with Krystal.

“Who else are you taking?” I asked once I realized that they were about to leave, and the two women stopped.

“Caitlin, Adrienne, Josh and Kaiden, among the students, they are the most advanced, including Katie.” Krystal responded after thinking for a minute before she made her way to the front door. “Meet you in the parking lot?”

“Sounds good to me.” I nodded before the two female wrestlers left and Katie started getting dinner ready.

Caleb’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Friday the 23rd of April 2021, 18:50pm

*promo time*

This will be a hell of a tune up match.

“Okay, hands up, who saw Bill’s defeat at my hands coming? Everyone? I’m not surprised, Old Fart Barnhart is getting on in years! That said, this week I’ve got a tune up match as I’m taking on the man Alex Jones beat to win the Roulette Title in the first place as this week, I’m sharing a ring with Cassian Reed! In other words, we have a match between a future champ and a former champ! No, you don’t get any prizes for guessing which is which!”

This should be good!

“Cassian, you haven’t really done much to endear yourself to the SCW Roster, have you? Between calling Roxi Johnson “the hot one” of Team Hero to everything involving Krystal Wolfe, you’ve established yourself as someone that both fans and wrestlers alike love to hate and it was cathartic to see you lose the Roulette Title to Alex Jones at Blaze of Glory IX and I’m sure that if you had anything to say about it, me and Miles wouldn’t even be considered for Alex’s first challengers!”

Thank god he doesn’t!

“And whilst you, thankfully, don’t have that power, you are likely hoping to defeat me and use that as leverage but I’ve got some bad news for you Cass, that isn’t happening, I’ll defeat you much like I defeated Bill Barnhart last week and whilst granted you aren’t nearly as old as Bill who was around when they were crucifying Jesus Christ back in the Roman Empire days but I’m not going to let a little thing like that stop me from building momentum for my Roulette Title Match at Into the Void X!”

It’s that simple.

“Cass, you are a lot of things, a little shit, a talented wrestler and the most annoying member of London Underground but more important than all of that is the fact that you are standing in my way of gaining momentum heading into my title match at Into the Void X and I’m sorry to say that this will be the closest you’ll ever get to getting a rematch for the Roulette Title with Alex Jones because after Into the Void X, that title’s coming home with me!”

And with me that I decided to wrap things up.

“This is nothing but a tune up match for me which just so happens to be against the man Alex Jones beat for the Roulette Title, Cass it’s obvious what you want to achieve from this match, you want to bounce back from your loss at Blaze of Glory IX but not only will you fail but you had better brace yourself because there’s a storm brewing, otherwise you’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms, your next Roulette Champion!”

I went to check on Katie and Lemmy as the scene fades.
user posted image