Author Topic: I'm your friend Miles  (Read 539 times)

Offline Jack'd the Ripper

• View Profile
    • Jack\'d the Ripper
I'm your friend Miles
« on: February 18, 2021, 01:35:08 PM »

Jack’d the Ripper:
It's true what they say, you know. That as the human  species, we tend to remember the bad times a lot easier than the good. Go on, TRY to remember an instance, any instance, that brings a warm, fuzzy feeling, to your heart. Now try to remember even the most remote of moments that upsets you; that brings a sense of burning hot rage to your soul.

It's sad how much my own ‘beloved mother’ centered around both for me and my past, my memories. I used to wonder what it was about me that made my mother treat me the way she did. Was I a problem child? Was I the bad boy she always accused me of being?

No. I realized she was this way with every child.

Jack’s Mother:
Oh dear Lord! What is wrong with that boy!?

Jack’d the Ripper:
I can still remember her shrill scream. I can still remember the way she made poor Georgie Sillik cry out of his one good eye in my kindergarten class at pick up time. You see, Georgie only had. One. Eye. He was born with a birth defect. He had an eyelid, just was born without the tissue used to see with. He was a completely normal looking kid, it just looked like one eye was always closed and instead of the roundness of an eyeball behind is flat since it’s missing. There was nothing scary, or weird, or gross about him.

Jack’s Mother:
Get out! GET OUT! You can't be in here! You're scaring my precious boy!

Jack’s mother actually grabbed the small child by the arm and attempted to physically drag him from the classroom, almost sparking a physical altercation with Georgie’s own mother who had just arrived.

Jack’s mother had been brought before the Principal with her demand that the disabled Georgie be removed from class and separated from the rest of the children. Especially HER child!

Principal Spooner:
For the LAST time Missus Corbyn! We are NOT going to move that poor child from his class over your personal discomfort and prejudices!

Jack’s Mommy:
ExCUSE me!? This is NOT about me! This is about my son and the other children, both of whom that freak is scaring!

Principal Spooner:
Of course. Then you da  kindly explain why none of the children, your own included, ever acted scared of Georgie before. In fact, they regularly play with him during recess.

Jack’s mom opened and closed her mouth, unable to fathom a response until…

Jack’s Mommy:
Well… fine! If you won't move that child from my son's class, then I INSIST you move MY son!

Principal Spooner sighed.

Principal Spooner:
I suppose THAT we can do.

Jack’s mommy smiled with a smug satisfaction.

Jack'd the Ripper:
Bad memories. We've all had them, some more than most. How about you, Milo? I can only imagine what your childhood had to have been like. What with a name like Miles. Did your mommy and daddy think you were going to be an accountant or work for the HMRC?  Oh, your parents must have hated you so much to saddle you with a name like that for the rest of your life. The names the kids must have called you. The torment.

Well, never worry Miles. I'm here as a friend. To help remind you that life could be worse. To help you to understand that as bad as things have been, you could be in a much worse place. In fact, I can guarantee it. Because when we get together for our little play date, I'll put you there. Personally.

Because that's the sort of friend that I am.
[/font]