Author Topic: Moving forward  (Read 390 times)

Offline Ben Jordan

• View Profile
Moving forward
« on: May 09, 2014, 05:11:51 AM »
 Madagascar.... yes people, it's a real place. It's not just a movie, it's real.

Ben Jordan sits on porch of The four star Tsara Komba Lodge luxury holiday home, rented for this leg of the tour.

Ben: Being in charge of booking mine and Emz travel stuff has been pretty bloody handy. You wanna show a bird you mean business, you show her the best ya can, ya know people?

Ben sits in a wicker chair, a laptop in front of him on a small table. The moonlight falls down on the vast ocean in front of him.

Ben: Probably wondering why it's another night time, evening promo but here's the thing. Over here in Africa, time isn't much different from the UK, it's about an hour in front, and that's about it, but considering I spend a lot of time all over the place, my sleep is proper messed up, so I sleep when I want. It's not like I'm booked a lot. Not like I really do a lot, so getting up to film a promo like this is pretty bloody rare. That's why me and the missus end up being public with tweets, for two people who love to spend a lot of time with each other, both sleeping at random times is a bit of a bitch. Anyway, excuse me for a second would ya?

Ben taps away on the laptop in front of him.

Ben: I've learned a lot while I've been here. Mostly about how lucky some people really are and simply don't know it. Everyone pisses off to their posh gaffs with central heating and running water and forget the rest of the world. They forget all the stuff going on elsewhere in the world and live in their own little bubble. Some might, not me. Check this.

Ben waves his hand towards the camera, beckoning it close. The camera turns around to the laptop to show the wiki page of Madagascar.

Ben: Yeah, yeah, wiki, I know, but look at that. Ninety percent of the country live on two dollars a day. How stupid is that when people in America, England, all over the place spend more on a cup of coffee at Starbucks? Girl Scout cookies cost more per box then these people get to live on.

Ben shakes his head, looking at the screen.

Ben: Cigarettes, alcohol, things wrestlers use to relax after getting walloped in the ring, all cost more than what these guys live on.

Ben looks up at the camera.

Ben: Make ya feel proud, eh?

Ben slowly shakes his head at the screen.

Ben: Christian, Mark, Erik, take my match fee this week and find a charity out here that deserves it, would ya? What you're paying me will help go a long bloody way out here. A lot longer than it will go in America.

Ben closes the lid on the laptop and looks at the camera.

Ben: Well, while I got you here, I might as well talk about the match. I know I was a bit of a replacement. I'm fine with that, because this is actually quite an interesting opponent for me. It's a guy I've sat and watched since his debut, with a little bit of interest if I'm honest. Now I've never been a massive fan of "throw myself around the ring, hurt myself to get cheers" style of wrestling. I've never been an overly massive fan of the limit pushing that a lot do. I prefer the old school style of wrestling, the style that used to have the heroes and villains over the people who whack each other senseless with chairs, but my opponent is that style, and part of me respects that, the other part of me thinks he's bloody loopy.

Ben lets out a huge yawn.

Ben: Sorry bout that, never can tell when the urge will kick in to sleep. Michael Hardy, now this is a geezer willing to put his bollocks on the line for a title, any title, Bombshell title if he could convince the powers that be, that he's a bird. This fella feels the need to have a bit of gold to define him. Michael, mate, let me give you some advice me ol' mucker. Gold does not define the man, the man defines the gold. You don't need title belts around ya to know ya something special. If that was the case, believe me when I say I would have come to SCW after being a triple crown ACW champion, and gone for everything. People already know who I am without the belt around my body. People actually send angry tweets that I am not on TV as much as I used to be. I can make a name for myself without having a belt around my waist and so could you geezer. You could be known as the enigma, not a champion, and people will still remember who you are and what you've done.

Ben puts his elbow on the table.

Ben: I do it for entertainment, and it's pretty clear who we're gonna be entertaining in the ring on Sunday. People with a bit of cash to burn, or people who are spending a lot of what they've saved up, just to see us put on a hell of a show. Are we gonna let them down Michael? Are you gonna bring a B game to this one? Cause I'm not mate. These people in these poor countries spend an arm and a leg to see us, when they don't have that kinda wonga. It's our job to give them the best damn show they could ask for. It's our job to show them just what we can do.

Ben nods firmly.

Ben: It's our duty to give them their money's worth Michael. We have to, so are you gonna bring everything you have for the fans, or not?

Ben yawns again.

Ben: Now me Michael, I have every single intention in the world to bring everything I can to this match, everything because that's what the fans are paying to see. They wanna see the best, and I'm gonna give them that, but this will pose a slight problem for you Michael. My best is pretty bloody good, I mean seriously decent stuff. Being at my best helped me gain more than a few career highlights, it has made me become very well known and I'm a little worried after your last showing that you won't be able to keep up.

Ben holds his hand up straight.

Ben: I know, I know, you won your match, but sorry mate, CrasH was pretty amazing in that one, and is getting a lot of praise for that match. Gonna say it now, CrasH is a future Heavyweight champ, being the first to say that one.

Ben puts his hand back down.

Ben: Back to my original point here. I think Hardy got a little out shone by his partner last week and it worries me that I will be giving it my all and Michael, you won't be able to keep up. You need to Michael or you don't really stand much of a chance in this one. You need to be able to keep up in the ring with me or you might as well get down to South Africa early and give this match a bit of a swerve. I've done well lately, not too many loses on the record, and I don't really fancy a loss against you. No offense geezer, but I am an absolute diamond when I win, and not so nice when I lose and I'm looking at being nice this week, I'm looking for the win and you're just unlucky you got me as an opponent this week, cause that puts you in a bit of trouble. Coming to win my old son, coming to win.

Ben covers his mouth, covering another yawn.

Ben: Looks like that's me lot for now. I'll see ya Sunday Michael, bring everything you got, yeah?

Ben picks up the laptop.

Ben: Laters people.

Ben walks in to the holiday home as the camera fades.

Six hours later. Ben paces up and down in the living room area of the holiday home, his phone in his hand as he paces. He looks down on the phone.

Ben: C'mon! C'mon! C'mon!

Ben runs his hand through his hair, nervous looking as he stands dressed in beige khaki shorts and a buttoned up short sleeved white shirt. On his feet, a pair of flip flops causes the wooden boards to creak underneath as he steps forward before turning around. His eyes stay on the phone, not noticing Emma Rose standing at a doorway, watching Ben as he paces nervously. Emma moves behind Ben as he turns around, wrapping her arms around his waist. Ben jumps in the air, spinning around to see Emma.

Ben: Bloody hell darling, nearly just jumped out of me skin.

Emma move her head back, looking up at Ben as he puts his hands on her shoulders.

Emma: Are you ok? You've been jumping around like a flea since you got out of bed.

Ben swallows hard, wiping his forehead.

Ben: Yeah, I'm just...

Ben starts to fumble for his words.

Ben: You know.

Emma places her hands on Ben chest.

Emma: No Ben, I don't know. What's going on?

Ben: It's like this baby. I'm waiting on this call, right? It's a call that could change everything, proper everything, yeah?

Emma scratches her head, her eyes narrowed, burning in to Ben's eye.

Emma: What the hell are you talking about?

Ben: I'm telling ya, I'm telling ya, relax will ya?

Ben moves away from Emma, pacing up and down, looking for the right words. He takes a deep breath, wiping the sweat forming on his forehead with the back of his hand and spins back to face Emma with his forefinger pointed towards Emma.

Ben: I did something a while ago, a little while ago, two, maybe three months, it could have been four months, no three, definitely three.

Emma: Ben!

Emma's voice raises, causing Ben to stop pointing his finger towards Emma.

Emma: Will you just tell me already?

Ben: Ok, ok.

Ben takes another deep breath as he looks towards his redheaded princess. He exhales a long breath and looks at Emma. Moving towards her, her places a hand on her shoulder.

Ben: I went and bo....

Before Ben can continue, the phone in his other hand starts to ring.

Ben: Hold that thought baby.

Ben puts his finger up towards Emma and strolls away from her, leaving her cross armed across the room. Ben hits the button on the front of the phone, raising it up to his ear.

Ben: Ben Jordan here.

...Pause...

Ben: Great to hear from ya, how's tricks?

...Pause...

Ben: Brilliant. So what's the news?

...Pause...

Ben: End of the month? Yeah, won't be a problem. What I'll do is get a transfer to you in the next couple of hours, and you can tie up the loose ends and stuff and I'll fly back for a few days next week and sign the contracts. Just to be sure, it's a done deal, right? They've signed and you have that in your possession?

...Pause...

Ben: Brilliant news, I'll see you next week.

Ben hits the button on the phone, placing it down at a nearby sideboard and turns to Emma.

Emma: Well, what was all that about?

Ben clinches his fists together.

Ben: YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH! RESULT!

Emma bites her lower lip, looking at Ben as he runs towards her. Ben lifts her off her feet, and Emma wraps her arms around Ben's neck and legs around his waist. He spins her around and an uncontrollable smile crosses her lips. Ben puts his head next to Emma's, slowly tracing his lips up her shoulder and on to her neck, gently kissing her. Emma can't help but giggle at Ben's antics as she grips a hold of the back of his head, softly grabbing on his hair.

Emma: Ben! Put me down! What's going on here!?

Ben places Emma down on to her feet, before putting his hands on her cheeks, and kissing her firmly on the lips, his hands running down to the small of her back, and pulling her body closer. Ben pulls away with a smile on his face.

Ben: Baby. You go on down to the beach just outside there. I'm just gonna grab something and I'll be with you, ok?

Emma: Ummm, ok.

Ben kisses Emma against quickly.

Ben: Love you baby!

Before Emma can say anything to Ben, Ben charges off in the direction on the kitchen. Ben opens the fridge, pulling out a bottle of champagne. He places it on the kitchen work surface before moving across the room. He lifts the top off a chest freezer and pulls out a bucket, filled with ice and shuts the top down.

Ben: What? Plan for everything, just in case.

Ben winks towards the camera as he places the bucket on the work surface next to the bottle and picks it up, and places it in to the ice bucket. Ben spins on his heals and turns to a cupboard above his head. He opens it with his left hand and pulls out two champagne flutes with his right hand. He places his left hand on the cupboard again and pushes it shut and moves back to the ice bucket. Leaning down, Ben wraps his arm around the bucket, picking it up and moving out of the kitchen. He talks to himself and he walks in to the living room.

Ben: You can do this Ben. That call was only phase one, but now we gotta get phase two going or phase one isn't gonna mean a damn thing. Not a thing at all. You can do this, it's nothing different, you're always together anyway, things just change that instead of a few things, everything will just be in one place, no more staying at my place in London. Then it will happen in America too. Be no more rushing off to pick something up from your own gaff, or trying to make time for each other. If she says yes Ben, it will be ok, first that place, then we'll look for something closer to work too, or we can go in to my rented place... STOP!

Ben stops himself from talking and takes a deep breath.

Ben: We gotta get her to say yes to this one first, then we'll worry about. Getting ahead of ourselves a little here. I know your nervous Ben, but we got this. I've done more nervous things than this.

Ben gives himself a reassuring nod and walks through the door. He looks around, seeing Emma in the not too distance. Ben walks towards Emma quickly moving to her side. She lowers her sunglasses and looks towards him as he sits by her side, placing the ice bucket in front of her and puts the bottom of the two glasses a little deeper in the golden sand, keeping them steady. Emma looks down at ice bucket.

Emma: Champagne? Ben, it's still the morning.

She turns her head towards Ben, her shaded eyes looking at Ben as he looks away from Emma.

Ben: Well, I could have some big news

Emma: Are you pregnant Ben?

Ben's head jolts around to a smiling Emma. Ben slowly shakes his head.

Ben: Behave would ya? Nervous enough as it is.

Emma: Awwww, is Benny scared to ask a girl to the prom? Poor Ben.

Emma smiles once more as taps him on the head, emphasizing her mocking tone.

Ben: Turn it in love. I really do have something important going on in me dome.

Emma: Ok.

Emma's face turns straight as Ben takes a hold of her hand, wrapping both his hands around hers. He closes his eyes for a few seconds and takes a long deep breath. As he opens his eyes, he turns to Emma.

Ben: Well, remember we've been talking about that underground house, that's really expensive but has a lot of great stuff in it.

Emma: The one we've been joking about?

Ben: Yeah, that one.

Ben moves one of his hands, running it over the back of his neck. He bites his lip nervously for a few seconds before speaking.

Emma: What it about it, Ben?

Ben: Well, I've bought it.

Emma pulls her hand away, moving her head back and lowering her sunglasses to look at Ben.

Emma: You've done what?

Ben: I bought it. That's what the phone call was about. It was my lawyer, paperwork's signed by everyone else involved, just needs my ol' John Hancock on it and it will almost be mine.

Emma: Almost?

Ben: Well that's the other thing. You see, it's paid for, had the money moved to an account a while ago, but I never wanted to have just my name written all over it.

Emma: Ben...

Ben puts his finger on Emma's lips.

Ben: Please darling, let me finish this before I lose me bollocks.

Ben moves his finger away from Emma's mouth.

Ben: We've been together for a while, and we never should have been apart from when we was kids. This should have happened years ago. We should have gone through more highs and lows together. I guess it hit me that I spent so many years away from the woman I always should have been with and I don't want to spend another minute apart really. That place is in England, I know we're elsewhere a lot, but I want that to be our home.

Emma: Our home?

Ben takes both Emma's hands in his and looks at her.

Ben: I love you Emma, I wanna spend as much time as I can with you. That document needs your name on too, because I want us to live together... so, will you move in to our brand new underground house.... with swimming pool in the bedroom?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Is that more commitment I see there, Ben? Well, it's time for a little intermission here. Wanna find out what happens next? Might wanna go watch Emma's promo.
>

Cockney King.
SCW World Heavyweight Champion
SCW Internet Champion
SCW Roulette Champion
SCW Tag Team Champion (3x)
SCU Underground champion
ACW's only Triple Crown Champion.
Super J Cup Winner 2013.
Twitter: @CockneyKingBen