Author Topic: Not A Quitter  (Read 381 times)

Offline Kate Steele

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • "The Nurse" Cynthia Warren
Not A Quitter
« on: May 02, 2014, 06:03:47 PM »

So here we are and it won’t be long before Climax Control is upon us. I have the opportunity to really move my career in the right direction when Electra and I take on the team of Veronica Taylor and of course Delia. Two women who love to proudly call themselves the Mean Girls. Two women who rather deal out insults then focus on actually, going into detail on how a person looks visually and how they are beneath them in social status and all the like. Instead of worrying about the only thing that matters in a wrestling company. Their ability how to wrestle.

As far as I go I know exactly what is going on when Electra and I face the likes of Delia and Veronica Taylor. The two of us are entering a match in which we are the newest people on the roster. Electra has already showed she has what it takes to pull out a victory. After all when it came time to that fatal four way match Electra pulled out the win by pinning me. Am I mad about it? Sure I might be a little disappointed about it. Let’s face it nobody wants to lose in their very first match, and now I have to team with the same very woman who defeated me in my first match here.

But in a fatal four way match it’s my fault for losing. After all you need to have eyes in the back of your head. You need to be alert and you just can’t focus on one particular wrestler when you have two others who are looking out to win just as much as you are. Electra happened to be that woman and the reason she won our debut match is because she simply wanted it more. That’s what it comes down too. If you all think that there is something going through my mind where I will let what happened in one match get the better of me you have another thing coming.

I will be looking to step into the ring at Climax Control with the intention to unite with Electra to take out the two of you out. Not by gloating about how pretty we look. Not by claiming how much of a model the both of us can be, not even by boring you to death about how we physically. What Electra and I will do in that ring is flat out show why we are simply better than you. On paper the both of you easily have the advantage in this match. Because unlike Electra and I we haven’t really had the chance to team up with one another. However this is the area where the both of you have the advantage.

You both know each other’s personality, you both are friends, and you both know what the other is going to do when you step into the ring. That is nonexistent between Electra and I. However what will pull the two of us together is our desire to win. Electra just as much as I would like to come down to that ring and do whatever is necessary to look towards the future of our careers. We both want to pull out that win and you can bet on everything that we will successfully be able to unite for the sake of bringing home that win.

Electra are you ready to show these two shallow women what the two of us are all about?

Are you ready to put that first match between us so we could work together to beat the Mean Girls in this one. Let’s be honest here had the match been one on one between us it definitely would have gone a different way than what it did.

That’s not being bitter or anything. That is me being truthful and honest. But no need to cry over spilled milk. Two girls are in serious need of learning a lesson, and this week we will happen to be the two ladies that will teach that lesson to them.

Veronica and Delia the nurse will see you now. You two look like you are in need of a check up…

A Few Weeks Ago
Charlotte, North Carolina

Cynthia, Jimmy, and their two year old Terra found themselves in Charlotte, North Carolina. To be more precise they were sitting down in a car outside of Cynthia’s parents house. Cynthia parents have always been anti wrestling, and with the passing of their son to cancer. The Murphys didn’t want to see another child lost or in pain for that matter. The two of them had gone through enough suffering with Richard. Cynthia’s eyes opened wide up as she stepped out of the passenger’s side of the car. She slowly makes her way to the back seat where she helps Terra out of the car.

“Mommy do we really have to see Grandpa and Grandma? Everytime we come here all you ever do is fight…”

Cindy bends down as she stares into the eyes of her little girl. She hugs her tightly as she replies back to her. “Yeah… Your daddy wants to see them. Don’t worry we won’t see them long. I promise…”

Cindy shifts her eyes over to Jimmy as she places her hands on her sides. She slowly begins to run her fingers through her hair as she speaks to him. “So why are we at my parents house?”

James shuts the door behind him as he slowly makes his way towards the door of her parents. “Babe you know as well as I do why we are here. We shouldn’t try to sugarcoat it or hide it for that matter. We are here to drop Te…”

Cindy quickly cuts him off as she grabs her daughter by the hand. They all walk up to the door and James doesn’t hesitate to knock on it. A few moments go by and finally the door to the Charlotte home opens up. Standing on the other side of that door is a middle aged woman. She smiles as she gives the family a huge passionate hug.

“Come in, come in… Your father and I have been expecting all of you…”

Cindy just shrugs her shoulders as she embraces her mother back. The two of them hug as she looks back at Terra. “Terra say hello to your grandmother…”

“Hi nanny!” She screams as she runs and gives Mrs. Murphy a long passionate hug.  “Hey there pumpkin you are going to have a good time here… I have cookies baking in the oven. We are going to have a good time together. I have coloring books, new toys for you, and even bought tons of Spongebob DVDS… Come on why don’t you come inside so Grandma can show you…”

The two of them walk inside the home. Why were James and Cynthia there? That question could be answered very simply. They were there to drop off Terra so that Cynthia and James could focus on helping Cynthia improve as a wrestler. With the busy schedule of SCW in front of them. Taking care of a child didn’t really fit into the mold of everything. Cynthia didn’t want to go through with it but she knew she didn’t really have another solution. As she walks inside her childhood home her father is standing there in the door. “Hey Cyn…”

Cynthia however doesn’t pay any attention to him as she instead walks right by him. She makes her way to her deceased brother’s room and she just stands there staring at his empty bed. She slowly walks inside as she picks up a picture of the two of them together. She let’s a long sigh escape her lips as she stares at a picture of the two of them.

“You know… No matter how much you stare at that photo it’s not going to bring him back. Everything happens for a reason Cyn. It’s how you adapt to whatever life throws at you is what counts in the in.” That voice came from Cyn’s father. He walked into the room beside her as he stares at the photo with her. Cyn however backs away from him as she shakes her head in disgust at the elderly man.

“What the hell do you want dad. If you are here to ridicule me on why I chose wrestling. Why I chose to give up nursing and what not I really don’t want to deal with it. You know as well as I do that I really don’t want to be here. The only reason I am here is because it’s physically impossible to travel across the entire world and bring Terra with me. It’s just not a healthy thing to do. I mean Jimmy and I could manage but right now at this point in my life my focus has to be on wrestling. I have to be fully committed at it, and once I set my mind on something I just need to follow through with it and fight for what I believe in. I hope you can understand…”

The father just shakes his head as he glances back into the eyes of his daughter.

“Cyn I perfectly understand. Sometimes you have to do what is best for you. I am not going to question what you want to do in your life. The only thing I ask is that you give it your all. I won’t lie to you. I will be the first to admit that I didn’t appreciate you throwing  a college degree and a good job in nursing away just to be barbaric choosing a sport that goes against everything that nursing is about. But this isn’t about giving up on something. This is about doing what Richard would have wanted. Your brother always saw you as a good athlete so there’s nothing wrong in trying to chase that dream…”

“Dad?”

“Yes dear?”

“Do you think he will be proud of me? Do you think that I could possibly make him smile in heaven?”

“There’s no doubt in my mind. You know how much that boy loved you… Just focus Cyn and you can do anything. Let your mother and I worry about Terra. You focus on getting better and showing everyone why the Warren family aren’t a bunch of quitters…”
user posted image

user posted image