Author Topic: Welcome to the new age of NXT!  (Read 356 times)

Offline Steve Ramone

• This message has been paid for and delivered by the champ the fa
    • View Profile
    • Steve Ramone
Welcome to the new age of NXT!
« on: April 29, 2014, 08:58:59 PM »
 (Spike used with permission from Spike)

Steve wasn’t in action last week but he made his voice heard in a big way by announcing his new affiliation with Spike Stagg’s NXT Stable which had seen a resurgence as of late with the additions of Jon Dough, Connor Murphy, The Guns For Hire and, of course, Steve and who knows who else will be added to the stable as the weeks pass.

Not long after he joined NXT he asked Mark Ward for a match, any match, on the next Climax Control and he got his wish, namely a one on one match between him and the rising star known as Devon Justice, Devon has seen some success since he joined SCW a few months ago but Steve wants momentum going into his match against Gabriel at the next, as of yet unnamed, Supercard, can Steve win? And what part, if any, will Gabriel play?

Backstage at Climax Control, Yamoussoukro, the Ivory Coast
April 27th 2014, 23:00pm

Nope, I still don’t know how to pronounce the city’s name.

That aside though tonight’s show had the effect I intended, it got me into NXT and showed Gabriel that I have allies who can help me when I need it and if the Seven Harmless Jokes decide to get involved then you bet that I’ll be calling on them for aid.

So why am I mad at the Seven Deadly Sins as well since they are the good guys?

It’s simple, it has more to do with association than anything else, those idiots have been jumping to Gabriel’s aid even after he and Odette turned their back on the SCW Universe, if they do get involved at some point then trust me, their faces will be meeting my foot real soon but as long as they stay on the sidelines and worry about their own business I won’t go after them.

Though amusingly, that is the one thing that I’ve been criticized over ever since this debacle started last month! Never mind the fact that they cost me my match against Geno at the start of the tour.

Speaking of the tour Climax Control has just ended and most of the roster has left by now, the only ones who have stayed behind are myself, Jessie, Spike and the bosses and I don’t think that Mark and Christian will be here for too much longer since the show has just ended, pretty much the only thing that’s keeping me here is a request that I made to Mark during the Roulette Title Match, what request was that?

I requested one match next week at Climax Control, against anyone on the male roster.

Now, that could end extremely badly for me because Mark could use it as an excuse to book his new hired muscle Deimos in a match but I don’t care who I face! I have a lot of things to get off my chest regarding the recent situation with Gabriel and I can’t wait until the next Supercard for it to get off my chest so this match could be a perfect opportunity for me to do just that.

“Hey Spike, thanks again for letting me in!” I commented as I shifted my weight in my chair, Spike was currently packing his bags and getting ready to leave and since I have already done that about ten minutes ago I am just chilling at the moment. “Besides my concerns about the Seven Harmless Jokes getting involved with my feud with Gabriel I’ve always been about the future of wrestling, especially since I made my wrestling debut at the age of nineteen.”

“Anytime Steve and if the Sins get involved we’ll help in any way we can.” Spike responded with a nod. “Emphasis on if, they have been neutral in the whole situation and they seem to be more occupied with Mark’s newest stable than anything else.”

“First off, I give Hot Stuff International five minutes before Mark gets bored and disbands it.” I responded getting a laugh out of them. “Second, just because they seem to be busy with Mark doesn’t mean they can’t get involved so I’m keeping an eye on them just encase, speaking of Mark I should be getting news on my next opponent soon.”

“I’d say it took some serious balls to request a match against anyone from the boss who hates NXT but then I remembered who I’m talking with.” Jessie chimed in and I laughed at that, before I could respond a stage hand opened the door to the NXT Locker Room and handed over the next card, I took it and read it. “Am I in action?”

“No, I guess they figured that making you wrestle three times in a row was too harsh.” I responded as I shook my head. “Congrats on beating Jade by the way, that was a great match.”

“Thanks Steve.” Jessie responded and I grinned when I saw a certain match on the card. “Did your match get announced?”

“Yep, and it’s not against Deimos!” I responded with a grin. “It’s against Devon Justice.”

“Gabriel beat him in his return match, didn’t he?” Jessie asked as she read the card and we nodded in response. “If that’s a coincidence then I’m eating my watch.”

“Agreed but provided Gabriel doesn’t get involved it should be a good opportunity for you to send a message to him.” Spike nodded in response. “Just be ready for Gabriel!”

“Hey, I introduced my foot to emo boy’s face before and I’ll do it again.” I responded before turning to Jessie. “Can you put some Maiden on? Something that’s not as well-known as something like Number of the Beast.”

“You got it Steve!” Jessie responded before playing a song on her Laptop, soon afterwards the song “The Clairvoyant” from Iron Maiden’s “Seventh Son of a Seventh Son” album played and I grinned.

“Awesome choice!” I responded with a grin, I was almost tempted to sing along but considering how badly my cover of Simple Plan went over I decided against it and just enjoyed the song from start to finish.

But eventually I gave into temptation.

“There’s a time to live, there’s a time to die, when it’s time to meet your maker!” I sing along to the song to the annoyance of Spike and Jessie, yeah, I’m not exactly Bruce Dickenson! It was then that I realized that the lyrics reflected my current situation with Gabriel.  “Come to think of it those lyrics fit the Gabriel situation.”

“What do you mean?” Jessie asked and I turned to her.

“There’s a time to live, when I signed up for Blast from the Past II I was just tooling around trying to recapture my GWA magic and this Gabriel feud has brought me back to my GWA peak in my opinion.” I explained and Jessie nodded before I frowned. “There’s a time to die, when it’s time to meet your maker, on the other hand Gabriel could end my career permanently and it’d die and go to meet its maker.”

“When you put it like that then yeah, I can see what you mean.” Spike agreed with a nod as I turned to him. “Anyway I’d better get going! We have a big week ahead of us next week in Kinshasa.” Spike added before leaving.

“What he said.” Jessie agreed before picking up her bag having already packed up her laptop, her brother and fiancé had already left as I had promised to give her a lift. “Are you coming Steve?”

“I’ll meet you in the Parking Lot I want to get my promo done now.” I explained to her and Jessie nodded before leaving, now that I was alone I decided to start on my promo. “There’s a common theme in wrestling companies nowadays, more and more they chose to focus on already accomplished wrestlers whilst giving the young talent the shaft and the young talent they do give a chance to are guys like Andrew Garcia who have a connection to an already established wrestler but me? I made my debut at the tender age of nineteen and I’ve been wrestling off and on ever since, what do you think my stance on this is?”

I think you can guess.

“That’s right, I’ve always been about the future of wrestling because even though I’m twenty six years old I’m already a seven year veteran and the future couldn’t be brighter! That’s just one reason I made the call to Spike and he welcomed me with open arms! However this week I get to face another man who’s considered to be the Future of wrestling Devon Justice!”

This should be good.

“Make no mistake about it Devon, I requested this match! More specifically I asked for the best young talent that hadn’t already been booked and I got you! And you know what? I can’t help but feel that the fact that you were the return opponent of my old friend Gabriel helped in Mark’s decision to make this match happen so this match will send a message to Gabriel in more ways than one.”

What message is that?

“The first message is obvious, I need momentum going into the May Supercard and this match may just give me the momentum I need, but on top of that I have one goal going into this match, beat Devon clean! I saw the match and Gabriel needed the help of Odette to set in motion the events that would lead to Devon’s defeat! That won’t happen in this match and if anyone wants to try anything my foot would like to say hello to your face!”

That said…..

“I know it seems like I’m selling Devon short but trust me! I’m not! The guy’s a great talent in the ring and I’m sure that we can put on a great match! But kid, I’m focused on one thing and one thing only and that’s winning this match and sending my messages to Gabriel, I know you’ll put up a great fight because you remind me of me in my GWA days, young, hungry and not willing to back down from anyone!”

Trust me, I’ve been there.

“Devon, you have a bright future in SCW, that I’m sure off but unfortunately for you I’m your opponent and I have goals that extend beyond this match….” I trailed off before yawning a bit. “Sorry, I’m a bit jet-lagged from my constant journeys across Africa, anyway as I was saying, this match will be a great one but in the end it will end with my win!”

It’s as simple as that!

“Gabriel, if you even think of getting involved then you’ll just run into my foot again! Beyond that though this is a bad situation for Devon because he is caught in corsairs of one of SCW’s hottest feuds, win or lose someone’s going to get involved! I just know it! But in the end there can only be one winner and you’re looking at him.”

And with that I decided that it was time to wrap things up.

“Devon, I wish you luck in this match and hopefully it won’t end with any interference like my match at the start of the tour did! This is a new era of NXT and with the help of the other new members I will usher it in starting with my defeat of you and Gabriel! Devon, just remember that there’s nothing to fear but fear itself and there’s no one to fear but “The Fearless One” Steve Ramone!”

I stood up and left as the scene fades.
user posted image