Author Topic: A meeting behind closed doors  (Read 339 times)

Offline The Jersey Devil Diva

• View Profile
    • Joanne Canelli
A meeting behind closed doors
« on: April 29, 2014, 01:02:10 PM »

Act 1: New outlook

Ma·fi·a>[mah-fee-uh, maf-ee-uh]
noun

1. a hierarchically structured secret organization allegedly engaged in smuggling, racketeering, trafficking in narcotics, and other criminal activities in the U.S., Italy, and elsewhere.
2. a. ( lowercase ) a popular spirit of hostility to legal restraint and to the law, often manifesting itself in criminal acts.
b. a 19th-century secret society, similar to the Camorra in Naples, that acted in this spirit.
3. ( often lowercase ) any small powerful or influential group in an organization or field; clique.

Also, Maf·fi·a.

Origin

1870-75 < Italian  < Sicilian:  orig., elegance, bravura, courage; of obscure origin; the word's history prior to the 19th century is unknown, though many fictitious ideas have circulated regarding its age, source, etc., due to the organization's modern notoriety.

\'user

The scene opens on the beautiful city of Kinshasa. The night had settled in casting it's darkness over the desert and jungle, while the city was lit brightly shimmering against the darkness that tried to over take it. The camera goes over the city, and comes to a stop at the Fleuve Congo Hotel that was lit from top to bottom. The camera moves to the interior of the hotel that was done in hard wood, and brass. The brass shimmered in the bright light of the lobby as the camera moves once again, heading toward one of the many conference rooms that was a few floors above. The scene soon changes to one of the smaller conference rooms where we see a group of at least a dozen people sitting around a long table, where we find the Jersey Devil Diva herself sitting at the head. Reno, Rude and Scarpaci sat talking with the other bodyguards on side of the room, as the heads of the five families discussed certain business. The only one that seemed to stand out was a rather large black man in a dark suit sat back listening.

Joanne: Gentlemen, welcome to the city of Kinshasa. I'm thankful to see you all here, and out of your comfort zone of the states, and Italy.

Don: Giovanni: We're glad to see that the case against you has been dropped. The feds have tried that with all of us at least once and couldn't get it to stick.

Don Vincenco: Yes, it is good to see that you have beaten them once again. The feds don't know when to stop.

Don Franco: Yes, we're all glad to see you free once again. But what is this man doing here? I thought you said that it was a private meeting?

Joanne looks at him with a smirk, and gets to her feet, and walks to where the rather large man sits.

Joanne: I would like to introduce you my connection here in the Congo, Stalon. He is a gun runner, and smuggler, with connections in at least three corners of the world. He can help with shipments into the states and keep it quiet and under the radar.

Stalon: Don Canelli is correct. I can ship things quicker and at a lower cost then your other connections.

Don Franco: What makes you better then the other suppliers we have? How do we know that we can trust you?

Joanne walks back to her seat, all the while looking at Don Franco, with a fake smile plastered upon her face. She would bide her time, and by the time it all happened it would be to late.

Joanne: Are you questionin' my judgement? Stalon came highly recommended through a close friend, and I trust them with my life. Now if you have a problem with what I'm doin' you know you don't have to stick around right?

Don Franco: If my father was here, he wouldn't agree with what you've done. You dragged us all here and for what? A meeting that won't last more than an hour or so?

Joanne bites her lip and leans back in her seat.

Joanne: Your father never questioned me or my methods. I paid for your tickets, and your rooms, and made sure that the feds wouldn't bother us here. The people of the Congo don't really care for the Feds, so I know we're safe here from pryin' eyes. Do any of you feel the same way? Did I inconvenience any of you?

The others just shake their heads, as Franco gets up and heads to the restroom, as Joanne motions for Reno and Rude over to her. She whispers something to them and they nod, as they follow Don Franco into the bathroom. A few minutes later Reno and Rude come out of the bathroom with a young man that was the attendant trembling a bit under their hands.

Joanne: Excuse me gentlemen. I have to go and take care of somethin'.

They all get up, as she does, and she walks off heading toward the bathroom. She opens the door and slips inside, closing the door behind her.

Joanne: Fuck, it's smaller then I thought...

He stands at the urinal as Joanne grabs him from behind, and slams his face into the wall above it.

Joanne: You really want to talk back to me boy? I've put up with you for too long, and the shit that you've been sayin' about me!

Joanne turns him around and grabs his collar. His head had a small scratch on it from where she slammed him into the wall. Blood trickled down his face, and Joanne hits him with a hard right, and then another sending him to the floor.

Don Franco: You can't do this to me! Do you know who I am?

Joanne: You're a little fuck that thinks he knows better then I do! If you father was here and he questioned me I would do the same thin'! Don't you dare ever speak to me that way again, you little piece of shit! I'm the Don of fuckin' Jersey Shore and you answer to me! Do you understand?

He looks at Joanne with his left eye starting to swell. He spits in her face, breathing hard.

Don Franco: Go fuck yourself!

Joanne: Fuck me? Fuck me? No fuck you! You are a worthless little fuck that I should have put of his misery a long time ago! The only reason I keep you around is because of your father, and I don't want to put him through losin' a son! Even someone as worthless as you! But if you want to be treated like a piece of shit then I'll treat you like one!

She hits him with a hard right and sends him to the floor. Blood splatters on the floor as he hits it hard face first. He holds his nose, as Joanne just smiles looking down at him. She kicks him a few times and he clutches his ribs as she grabs him once again, by the back of the head, and shoves his face into the urinal. He struggles against her, and she soon lets go, and walks into one of the stalls and tosses a roll of toilet paper at him.

Joanne: Clean yourself up. You're a fuckin' mess!

With that Joanne walks out of the bathroom, and back out into the room to where the others are still sitting, talking among themselves.

Joanne: Sorry about that... Now where were we?

They start to talk among themselves once again, as Don Franco runs out of the bathroom, with a bloodied nose, and soaking wet. His bodyguards appear by his side, as he heads for the door.

Franco Bodyguard: Boss what's wrong?

Don Franco: Nothing! Let just get the fuck out of here!

Franco Bodyguard: Are you sure boss?

Without another word Don Franco runs out of the room, with his bodyguards following behind. Joanne just smirks as she leans back in her chair.

Stalon: Is everything all right Don Canelli?

Joanne: Everythin' is fine Stalon. He just needed some help findin' somethin'...

The men at the table laugh, and they start to talk about business once again, but this time undisturbed. The time passes and soon they all rise from the table and head for the door, leaving Joanne and the boys alone.

Reno: It's a shame that Don Franco couldn't stay for dinner.

Rude: I think he might have already had a bite...

Scarpaci: If she left any teeth in his head...

Joanne: I did... Just not many... Why don't you guys go on ahead and make sure that our guests are taken care of? I'll be right there.

Reno: Are you going to be all right? I mean Don Franco could come back and...

Rude: Nah man, he's not going to come back. I mean she totally humiliated him from the look of him when he came out.

Joanne: I'll be fine. It's a couple of floors down, and I can handle myself. Now go.

Joanne just smiles as her phone begins to ring, as the guys walk out the door. She soon answers her phone, and leans against the table.

Joanne: Hello? This is her. Thank you for that warm welcome. I'm glad to be back actually. What can I do for you? I see... Really? No, I'm just surprised that I have a shot already... I just got back and... No, I'll be there. No thank you, and I don't need luck... I make my own.

With that Joanne hangs up, and heads for the door, with her heels gently clicking on the regal red carpet under her feet.

Joanne: My first week back to the SCW and I have a chance to get my hands on the Bombshell Roulette Title. I've had it before, as well as the Tag Titles, but it would be nice to have it again. Emma you and I have been team mates and rivals to some point, and now you hold somethin' that all of us have either had our hands on at one time, or want for the first time, depends on how you look at it.

She walks down the hallway and pushes a piece of hair back from her face, as she reaches the elevators and presses the button.

Joanne: Emma now you know this isn't goin' to be an easy match. Both of us know each others moves, and what to do to brin' the other down to get what we want. I know you're goin' to hold back in this match, but me... I'm not goin' to hold back. I'm through playin' nice, and playin' games. I've tried playin' nice, and holdin' back on my opponents. When we stand in the middle of the ring Emma it's not goin' to be a pretty sight by the time I'm done with you. You want to keep your title, and I want to get it from your hands, just to show that I am the best once again. Your title reign is going to end very quickly, and once again I will have the title over my shoulder while you lay in the middle of the ring with nothin' left.

The elevator doors open and she steps inside and leans against the back of the car, and the doors close. Joanne watches the numbers starting to slip down to the main floor.

Joanne: Emma the last time that you and I were in the middle of the ring, you cost us the Tag Titles that we had. I don't like to hold grudges, but you, you cost somethin' that we managed to hold onto for a while until we lost them... And you... You were the reason that we lost them. Payback is a bitch and so am I. This match isn't goin' to end the way you want it to Emma, and I don't plan on stoppin' when the bell sounds. In this business it's eat or be eaten, and I don't plan on losin' this match, or walkin' out of that ring without the Bombshell Roulette Title. You've done a lot since you've been here but that doesn't mean anythin'. I've been in this business a long time and with each and every opponent that I've faced I've made sure they would dread my name as long as they lived. I'm not someone that you want to mess with. I mean I grew up in a family that basically will beat the holy shit out of you before tryin' to talk somethin' out. Emma you use wrestlin' moves to take down your opponents, I beat the shit out of them until there is nothin' left of them. You use simple moves while I beat people into submission and use anythin' that I can to win my matches. To you this is a job, to me this a stress relief! I don't do this for the fans, I do this for me! I do it to win, and to get titles that I know I deserve!

The elevator finally reaches the main lobby and the doors slide open. Joanne steps out, passing by a few people that stood around the lobby waiting on others before they headed out into the night for the evening. Joanne makes her way toward the restaurant with her high heels clicking on the marble floor.

Joanne: Emma I'm not afraid to break bones, or to shed blood. I'm not afraid to go beyond whatever I have to do to win, and play for keeps. I will destroy anythin' or anyone that stands in my just to get what I want, and if that means I have to end your career just to keep mine goin' then so be it. I'm not goin' to walk away from this match, nor will I let you keep that title. No one is goin' to help you in this match, not this time. No matter what Odette or anyone else has told you or how much they've trained you, it still won't be enough to stop me. I've said what I'm goin' to say, and I hope you will heed my words and not step into the middle of that ring on Sunday night. If you do you know how this is goin' to end Emma... You're goin' to be in the middle of the ring broken, battered, beaten, bruised, and bloodied wonderin' where you went wrong. I'll tell you where you are goin' to go wrong... Standin' in the middle of the ring with me, for what we both want!

She gets a few glances as she walks through the lobby, and a few pictures are snapped as she passes by, while others whisper about her. She ignores them and continues on her way.

Joanne: The only thin' that I ever ask for in my matches or in promos that my opponents show me respect, but I never get it, and that's what pisses me off. Do you really think that you're better then I am? Hardly. I'm a veteran in this business and have held title after title and proven myself on several occasions! Do you really think that you can stop me Emma? If you think you can then come to the middle of that ring on Sunday night and show me how bad you want to hold onto that title, and do whatever you have to do to stop me. It's nothin' personal Emma... It's just business... We are the Mafioso; and we get paid to kick your ass! See you soon.

Joanne smiles to herself, and looks at herself in the full length mirror that was in the lobby before she wanders into the restaurant to join the others as the scene fades to black.
>

"We are the Mafioso; and we get paid to kick your ass!"

Hits: 14  Survivors: 13

Current Bombshell Internet Champion
Bombshell Tag Champion
Bombshell Roulette Champion x 1