Author Topic: The Other Crystal  (Read 905 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
The Other Crystal
« on: April 07, 2023, 11:34:31 PM »
Off-Camera

Friday, April 7, 2023
Office of Seleana Zdunich
Zdunich Zoological Gardens
Los Angeles, California
6:01 PM  PDT

It had been an interesting week for Seleana Zdunich. She and her sister had lost their tag team match and thus their championships and her daughter-in-law had also lost on the same card in the main event. Now she was to focus on her next match with Krystal Wolfe but even before that got her on Sunday, Seleana was going over things here for the zoo.  Several animals were to be added to their collection in the next week and certain paperwork had to be completed in advance. As she looks over what is left to do, Halo arrives in the doorway to the office. 

Seleana Zdunich: HayJo?

Halo nods to her mother-in-law.

Halo: Hey, Mama Sel.

Seleana cocks her head, concern seeping into her eyes.

Seleana Zdunich: What’s wrong?

Halo shrugs almost as if nothing matters at all.

Halo: Who said anythin’ was wrong?

Seleana sits back in her chair and allows her head to become more upright again.

Seleana Zdunich: You are keen to talk, ja? 

Halo starts to retort but then catches herself and simply nods.

Halo: Yeah, Mama Sel, I am…

Seleana nods invitingly.

Seleana Zdunich: What troubles you?

Halo exhales heavily.

Halo: I did it again.

Seleana frowns in confusion.

Seleana Zdunich: Did what again?

Halo shakes her head, her hands balling fists.

Halo: I let him bait me into somethin’ stupid… again!

Seleana nods, comprehension dawning for the Swedish woman.

Seleana Zdunich: And this angers you, ja?

Almost shaking, Halo’s eyes squeeze shut, her fists rising up in front of her as her frustration threatens to explode.

Halo: I should have…

Throwing her head back in anger, Halo pounds her fists against her own thighs.

Halo: Goddammit, I should have known better! I knew somethin’ was comin’ and I let him do it again!

Her head returns to its original upright position and then droops forward slightly, her eyes still squeezing shut even as they start to burn.

Halo: I knew the first night I should have just shut up and let him be the idiot who skipped his chance to be the man but NO, I couldn’t do that. I had to let him bait me into given’ him a chance that I KNEW was…

She pounds her right fist again.

Halo: FUCK! 

Seleana nods slowly.

Seleana Zdunich: And now you feel you have allowed it to happen another time?

Halo nods, her eyes slowly opening as angry tears stream down her face. 

Halo: I knew he would do somethin’, I knew it and when the time came I…

She falls into a chair on the other side of the desk and sits forward in it, her head falling into her hands.   

Halo: All it took were the magic words, and caw, caw, bang, fuck, I’M dead…. again!

Seleana nods understandingly.

Seleana Zdunich: You have done well to not allow that to happen as often as it once did, HayJo. It was only a few years ago when you would be in a far darker place after such things.

Halo takes a deep breath and then nods in acknowledgement.

Halo: Yeah, no getting wasted off my ass this time. I am NOT letting him do that to me!

A smile washes across Seleana’s face.

Seleana Zdunich: It has been a long time for that, ja?

Halo nods.

Halo: Yeah… not since y’all caught sneakin’ blow into Brit’s room at y’all’s house.

Halo looks up at her mother-in-law, surprise slipping through her anger, frustration and shame.

Halo: I’m still amazed that didn’t get me thrown the fuck out right there.

Seleana shrugs as if the idea is patently ridiculous.

Seleana Zdunich: You were hurting. It was not what you needed. 

Halo swallows hard.

Halo: Five words… that was all it took…

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: It took eight when I did it.

Halo looks up in shock.

Halo: Do…what now?

Seleana nods to her knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: You remember, ja? 

She raises her right hand in a fist,

Seleana Zdunich: En Kristen Rättighet.

Halo stares at Seleana’s fist and then nods slowly.

Halo: A Christian Right.

Seleana lowers her head.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, all he had to say to me was, “What are you going to do about it?”

She lowers her fist back behind the desk.

Seleana Zdunich: Then I was fired.

Halo nods, almost allowing herself a small smile.

Halo: Punchin’ your boss and breakin’ his face will do that.

Seleana nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: My punch cost me a job and set me on a path to several things.

Halo: And mine cost me a match and a championship because I let him…

She pauses as she shakes her head, ashamed of herself and her faults. 

Halo: All because he said , “You’re just like your father.”

Halo shakes her head.

Halo: And I’m makin’ him right and that’s what drives me the craziest. My Daddy gambled away everything, always makin’ sucker bets to try to go big and make up for losses rather than just cuttin’ bait and I… 

She trails off and Seleana nods to her pointedly.

Seleana Zdunich: And you?

Halo looks at her mother-in-law.

Halo: I keep lettin’ him get me to take risks I know are bad because I don't wanna be Daddy. I don’t wanna let everyone down like he did!

Just as before, Seleana nods understandingly.

Seleana Zdunich: And he knows that. He knows that choices made in desperation to avoid something often lead right to it. So what is he avoiding?

Halo frowns, confused.

Halo: What?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: He continues to bait you into things, ja?  What is he hoping to avoid by doing that? What does he fear?

Halo ponders this for a second.

Halo: He keeps tryin’ to avoid fightin’ me straight up.

Seleana nods in agreement.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, he does.   

Halo nods to herself.

Halo: So what I need to do is quit worryin’ about where he’s tryin to send me, and focus on where I wanna go because it’s probably his worst nightmare…

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, it just might be.

Halo smiles gratefully.

Halo: Thanks, Mama Sel.

Seleana stands up and walks over to her daughter-in-law.

Seleana Zdunich: You will figure it out. Keep the faith in yourself, Älskling. You are capable.

Halo smiles and hugs the older blonde woman, Seleana hugging back.

Halo: You always know what to say. 

Seleana shrugs, smiling sweetly.

Seleana Zdunich: I try.  Sometimes it is good, ja?

Halo nods back.

Halo: Yes Ma’am.

On-Camera

Friday,April 7, 2023
Driveway
Zdunich Residence
Los Angeles, California
10:07 PM  PDT

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich standing in the driveway of the home she shares with her wives, Crystal and Diamond, a rather large light illuminating the area so that everyone can see the tall blonde Swede in her blue jeans, Wildside T-Shirt and black Nikes.  She glances down at the shirt and grins.

Seleana Zdunich: Krystal Wolfe…

A small smile comes to her face.

Seleana Zdunich: A Slayer, ja?

She nods almost to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: You make a move no one saw coming and now you seek the rewards of that move with the Saviors.

She shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: I am sorry to say it will likely not matter.

She shrugs again, this time almost sadly.

Seleana Zdunich: You can win a championship soon and it will not give you what you want. It will not make you the star you wish it to.

Her eyebrows raise as she looks into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: I can hear you asking, “Why not?” and adding more about how you do not care what I think and that I do not know you.

Seleana laughs to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: That is why it will not work. 

She smirks into the camera as if she knows a secret that no one else does.

Seleana Zdunich: Attack whoever you want, friends, family, it will not matter, Krystal. There is one unfortunate truth that will stop you.  It is the same one that is thrown at me many times.

She nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: My wife.

Seleana looks down at her feet, annoyance creeping in.

Seleana Zdunich: My wife has already, or better or worse made her name. Done many things that got her attention both positive and negative. She has done it all and continues to do so in multiple companies whether anyone wants her to or not.

She shrugs, exhaling heavily.

Seleana Zdunich: It is what she does, call attention to herself.

She looks up to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: And that is what is your problem. You are the “Other Krystal.” My wife has made it so that anyone who tries to make a name for themselves with that word will always be the second one mentioned because she cannot help herself. She is an attention magnet. Just when you think she is finished, she switches polarity and achieves more by sucking it up the other way.

She shrugs almost apologetically.

Seleana Zdunich: Nothing you do will ever match her propensity for that behavior.

She rashes her index finger.

Seleana Zdunich: Turn on friends, she did it first, she did it more often and she did it worse for pettier reasons. 

A second finger joins its brother.

Seleana Zdunich: Turn on family?

She almost laughs.

Seleana Zdunich: She has gone to war with so many of her own family, the question now is no longer who will she turn on, it is who will she turn on next and for how bad a reason?  You will never match the levels that she has sunk to in that regard.  You will always be the second one. “Krystal With A K” will never be talked about as much or in the same manner as my wife, ask Christian Underwood. 

She almost laughs again.

Seleana Zdunich: Or most of the rest of the rosters of nearly every other company out there as she has managed to join so many and anger or, at least annoy, countless others. Christian is just the most prolific in his public annoyance.

She nods again as she glares directly into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: So, come at me Crystal Number Two, I am ready for whatever you can throw at me.