Author Topic: Shamu, the killer whale...  (Read 893 times)

Offline D Block

• View Profile
    • D.J "D-Block" Williams
Shamu, the killer whale...
« on: August 02, 2012, 04:47:02 PM »

Hotel Bar at the Dream Inn Santa Cruz, CA.
Time:
Monday Night. July 30th.

Let me set the scene for you. We open up to the restaurant/bar of this 3.5-star hotel. As we scan the area the first thing we notice is the oval-shaped island bar in the middle of the room, with stools lined all around the outside. In the middle of the bar is a long fancy stand, which is where they display all their varieties of liquor, wine, and tap beers. Above all that a glass frame is positioned, with the lettering “Dream Inn” displayed on it. The way it’s all set up you can easily see through it to the other side of the bar. On the outer edges of the room there are many tables positioned for dining. The place doesn’t appear too fancy, but it’s a nice relaxing atmosphere none the less. There aren’t a whole lot of people in there on this weeknight. As it’s about 9 o’clock and most of the dinner crowd as already left. All that remains is one couple sitting at one of the tables, and a couple of different groups spread out at the bar. The camera starts to focus on one side where we see DJ Williams sitting alone.

In front of him is an empty plate of food and a tall empty glass. Also beside him, in front of an empty stool, sits another empty plate and glass. Giving us the illusion that he did have someone with him at one point. The camera zooms in closer to DJ. He is just sitting there watching the TV screen in front of him showing the Olympics. Every now and then he takes his eyes off that and starts messing around on his I-phone. After a few moments the bartender appears.

Bartender:
I can take these plates out of your way, if you guys are done. And can I get you anything else?

DJ looks up from his phone for a moment and checks out both of the empty glasses. Then he looks back down and starts texting on his phone as he says.

DJ Williams:
You can set us up with two more Budweisers.

The bartender nods his head, grabs the empty glasses, and walks over and fills them up. He quickly returns and places them in front of DJ and the empty stool and walks away. DJ takes a sip and begins checking out more of the swimming event that’s currently showing. Just then DJ’s short statured manager, Ashton Gibbs, comes walking into the screen. He comes up and puts his phone on the bar and sits down next to DJ.

DJ Williams:
Shit man…You went to the bathroom like fifteen minutes ago. What kind of work were you doing in there?

Ashton Gibbs:
What you clockin’ me now?

DJ Williams:
I’m just saying…Fifteen minutes…Must have torn that shit up.

Ashton Gibbs:
Nah…actually for your information playboy…When I was in there I got a call from the SCW offices.

DJ looks away from the TV and at Ashton. You can tell he looks very interested in what that call was about. He hides this excitement and plays it cool.

DJ Williams:
Yeah….What’s the word?

Ashton Gibbs:
Well…it appears your name has been ringing out the last twenty four hours. You’re return last night has people talking.

DJ Williams:
As if there was any doubt?

Ashton Gibbs:
Of course not man…But I think it came off even bigger than we imagined. I told ya your names been trending huge on my twitter feed. And SCW just said they phones have been blown up.  Seems like it was a big shock to a lot of people that you were the returning superstar.

DJ Williams:
Good stuff…Was a good plan to keep it under wraps…I'm sure it was a big shock too lots of people when I came out there. Wonder who else people had in mind?

Ashton Gibbs:
I heard Blade Alexander’s name was thrown out there.

That name quickly catches DJ’s attention. DJ shifts his focus back onto the Olympics as they are now summarizing the last race. DJ takes a swig of his beer as you can tell he is in deep thought. He sets the beer back down slowly and looks back to Ashton.

DJ Williams:
Fucking Blade Alexander….

Ashton Gibbs:
I figured that name would bring some emotion to ya. Shit…the way you guys were beefing during your first go around

DJ once again pauses and ponders on that name.

DJ Williams:
Oh ya…we definitely had some history all right…Would have been cool to see that through. Seeing as how he beat me in the company’s first ever main-event.

DJ once again quickly ponders the his floating thoughts. He begins to softly shake his head and a smile comes to his face. You can tell the thoughts leave him and he is more relaxed.

DJ Williams:
Ah well…the dude ain’t here no more. Guess I will have to settle for busting some other heads around here instead.

Ashton Gibbs:
And we know there’s plenty other bitches who could use a reality check.

DJ Williams:
Indeed…Now what else was that phone call about? I’m sure it wasn’t just calling to say how great my return was for the company. I imagine there has to be some kind of blowback from my statement I made last night.

Ashton Gibbs:
Yup…They decided to set up…

Just then Ashton loses his train of thought, as something catches his attention out of the corner of his eye. A big smile comes across his face as he turns around in his chair. Then he subtly shouts out

Ashton Gibbs:
Damn baby…you got a pretty face like me!!!

DJ turns to Ashton with a weird ass look. Clearly he knows Ashton is no longer discussing SCW business with him, and that he must have spotted some girl that he liked. So DJ decides to turn around and take a look at her. His unimpressed facial expression tells it all. Into the shot comes a black woman in a blue dress. She has herself done up nice, and I suppose you could say she does have a nice face. However the rest of the body is not what a lot of people go for. As she is a pretty big lady. She comes walking over behind the stools with a one part smile, and one part confused look on her face.

Pretty face/Big Girl:
I’m sorry…were you talking to me?

Ashton Gibbs:
Yeah baby…I said you have a pretty face like me!

Pretty Face/Big Girl:
Well aren’t you sweet.

Ashton Gibbs:
Yeah and you look sweet baby.

DJ can’t hide his unenthused looks anymore. He rolls his eyes and turns around and takes a drink of his beer. Meanwhile Ashton sits there will a really cheesy smile on his face.

Ashton Gibbs:
So what’s your story?

Pretty Face/Big Girl:
Well me and my friend over there…

She points out her friend across the bar. As we look over we basically see her double mint twin. She is basically the same girl. A decent face, bigger, and even a similar blue dress. DJ continues to show his disinterest and watches TV, while Ashton still has that big grin and he gives her a wave

Pretty Face/Big Girl:
We’re staying at the hotel for a work convention in town….But now that it’s over we thought we would go out and have some fun!

Ashton Gibbs:
Sounds like trouble!

Pretty Face/Big Girl:
Oh it always is with us two...HEHEHE…

Ashton Gibbs:
Maybe I should tag along…I’m sure I could find some trouble for us to get into.

Pretty Face/Big Girl:
I don’t know… you’re a pretty small guy…You think you can handle two big beautiful women!

Ashton Gibbs:
Oh in deed baby…I’m a grown ass little man... I maybe small, but I’m big at the same time if you know what I mean!

Pretty Face/Big Girl:
Oh…you’re funny!!!

DJ gets a look on his face like he’s ready to puke. Seeing his manager hit on this girl is too much. He sits there quietly now texting on his phone again with his back turned to them.

Pretty Face/Big Girl:
So what about you guys? What you doing here?

Ashton Gibbs:
Well my man here is a professional wrestler and I’m his manager. We had an event here in town last night!

She gets a big excited look on her face. And starts semi shouting at DJ.

Pretty Face/Big Girl:
OMG!!! That’s so awesome…I don’t know much about wrestling, but I think that’s really cool and hot! Wrestlers always have such nice bodies…Maybe I should start watching more!!!

DJ doesn’t even respond to this excited woman. He remains sitting in the chair on his phone. Ashton jumps in too avoid the silence.

Ashton Gibbs:
Yup and you’re looking at one of the future great ones of this business. He just came back and he’s going to be huge!!

Pretty Face/Big Girl:
That’s so cool…So you’re like…kinda… famous? Can I get a picture with you?

She takes out a camera that she had in her purse she was carrying. DJ turns around and thinks on this situation. Did she just refer to him as kind of famous? Shit that’s an insult. Don’t ask to take a picture with me and ask a stupid ass question like that. You don’t deserve my picture if you don’t know who I am. Besides I wouldn’t take one with you anyway…Now of course these were just the thoughts in his head. He decided to respond with a different approach.

DJ Williams:
Sorry…I can’t. Sin City Wrestling doesn’t allow it’s wrestlers to partake in any photos or give autographs without consent.

Did she buy it? DJ looks at her as she puzzles what was just said. Ashton just shakes his head at DJ for coming up with such a ludicrous lie. She thinks it over a little more.

Pretty Face/Big Girl:
Damn…that seems a little aggressive. Company won’t let you take pictures on your own time. Jeez!

She bought it…Nice…Ashton stops shaking his head at DJ, who now has a smirk on his face. The girl stands there a little down about not getting the picture, but Ashton picks her up.

Ashton Gibbs:
Lucky for you baby. I’m not under contract! So I’ll be happy to take a picture with ya.

Ashton hops of the stool and stands next to this lady twice his size. Ashton grabs the camera from her and gives it to DJ. D-Blocks puts on a very fake performance like he’s excited to take the picture. With a big cheesy smile on his face he lines the two up.

DJ Williams:
Ok…One…two…say cheese

Click here to view the photo. Too Big to fit in my promo

DJ hands the camera back to the women and turns around to his beer and TV. The two remain standing behind him and quietly talk.

Pretty Face/Big Girl:
I don’t think your friend likes me very much.

Ashton Gibbs:
Nah girl…He’s just shy and intimidated by pretty women.

Pretty Face/Big Girl:
Well he shouldn’t…he’s cute….

Ashton Gibbs:
Yeah that’s just how he is though, but listen can you give us a minute. We talking a little business at the moment. We can come over when we done.

Pretty Face/Big Girl:
Oh..Ok…come over when you’re done sugar!

And with that she walks away and Ashton sits back down. DJ just shakes his head at him.

DJ Williams:
You a dawg man…

Ashton Gibbs:
What?

DJ Williams:
You have no shame man. The fact that she would eat your ass as an appetizer doesn’t turn you off at all, huh?

Ashton Gibbs:
Hell no boy…You know I don’t mind me some curves…Shit I love all women…. Chubby…. Skinny… Black… White…Asian…I love em all…There’s no shame in my game!

DJ Williams:
Clearly…now snap out of your pussy trance and get back to what the phone call was all about. What did SCW set up?

Ashton Gibbs:
Ya…well apparently Jamie Staggs didn’t get too much enjoyment out of you knocking his ass out last night.

DJ Williams:
Shocker…So let me guess the little bitch is whining about it?

Ashton Gibbs:
Appears that way as SCW has set up a match for you and him at Summer XXXtreme!

DJ Williams:
Oh yeah? They want me on that boat, huh? Didn’t take them long to throw me in a match. I’ve only been back one day!

Ashton Gibbs:
As if there was any doubt. They are trying to push this Super Card has their biggest night of the history of the company! Of course they gonna take advantage of the press that was caused with your return. They would be damn fools not to book you!

DJ Williams:
Yeah I know. I’m just surprised they moved so damn quick to make it official. And I’m even more surprised to hear that it’s Jamie Staggs. Doesn’t that bitch know it’s just gonna be me laying his ass out again?

Ashton Gibbs:
Well embarrassment is a bitch! It plays tricks on ya. Makes you want revenge even when you don’t have the talent to back it up!

DJ Williams:
Well I hope he’s ready to look like a damn fool again. Because I’m not going to play around with the dude. I’m gonna lay his ass out again!

Ashton Gibbs:
Well make it happen. Because we need to carry forward this momentum we got from your return. So get your ass on that boat and take over that whole damn show. And when you get back we can talk where you go from there!

DJ Williams:
What do you mean when I get back? Why you talking like you won’t be on that bitch too?

Ashton Gibbs:
Come on bro…You know how I am with all that. I can’t swim…I get sea sick…And I’m sure you remember the story of me getting attacked by a dolphin that one time.

DJ Williams:
Dude… stop playing. I’m not trying to hear that whack ass dolphin story again…Besides…How can you tell me your scared of a small ass dolphin, but your’re not scared of Shamu over there (points to the women), that big blue whale?

Ashton looks over at the girl again. He can’t help but smirk at her resemblance to a whale in that big blue dress. He looks past the girl and continues his resistant with the boat

Ashton Gibbs:
I just can’t do it man…I’m just not built for that water…Last time I went on this dudes boat I puked the whole time…Shit wasn’t pretty…I don’t need to be showing that side to the SCW cameras.

DJ Williams:
You’re just going to have to deal with it my dude, because you’re getting your ass on that boat.

Ashton Gibbs:
I can’t I…

DJ Williams:
Maybe I’m not being clear enough. YOU WILL BE ON THAT BOAT! I need my manager there…We both set out to make a huge statement for my return. And this Super Card is coming at the perfect time. We would be damn fools to let it pass without a huge splash!

Ashton pauses for a moment and thinks on it. He must clearly have a huge water phobia as he is sweating just thinking about it. But DJ did make a strong point. This event is the perfect chance to make some more noise to follow up last night. He finally comes to a conclusion.

Ashton Gibbs:
I’m there man!

And that’s all DJ needed to hear. He nods his head and then picks up the rest of his beer and slams it. He digs in his pocket and throws out a couple of bills to cover the tab.

DJ Williams:
Good shit man. Now I’m going to head up to my room man. I’m beat and I want to get my ass to the gym early tomorrow.

Ashton Gibbs:
Wait..what…it’s early…What about those girls man? You’re not going to wing man me?

DJ looks over at the women again. Seeing their size one last time confirms his decision to leave. He looks back to Ashton.

DJ Williams:
Nah…that’s all you playa!

With that DJ leaves the bar to go up to this room and finish the rest of the promo. The camera stays on Ashton as he sits there and finishes his beer. He looks over at the women and sees them waving back at him. He shrugs his shoulders as if to say it’s time to do work. He then heads over to join them.

"Welcome To D-Block"<size>

>

HAHAHAHA…Jamie Staggs…Why so mad bro? You act like you never got your ass laid out in the ring before. I mean come on dude. That’s all part of the game ain’t it? There’s times when you may get challenged…There’s times when there ain’t no stopping an attack from happening…And yes…there are even times you get knocked the fuck out…but in those times you’re supposed to be a man. Not throw a tantrum…Not go online to your fans and explain the only reason it happened was cuz it was a cheap shot…No…that’s not what real men do. Because a real man would have simply gotten up, shook that shit off, and came back at me…But obviously you showed just what kind of bitch you truly are…Sure I ambushed you. I will give you that. Sure you were turned around when I came in and attacked you…but you know what…I don’t give a fuck how it looked! I set out to make a statement in my return, and that’s exactly what I did.

And you know something… I think you might be over thinking this whole situation a little too much. So do yourself a favor sport, get outta your own head, because that can’t be a cool place to be…Truth is…I didn’t single you out! I didn’t hand pick you as the one I wanted to attack to mark my return in SCW. And I certainly didn’t choose you because I thought you were high on the pecking order here and I wanted your spot. No…It wasn’t for any of that. And maybe if I didn’t bust yo head so hard you might remember that you ain’t the only one I knocked out. Oh no. Matt Barnes felt my wrath that night too… And you can be damn sure I wasn’t using his sorry has to make a statement. Not a fucking chance was that in my mindset.

Truth is Jamie; there was no rhyme or reason as to why I attacked you two. None at all. You just happened to be the two poor fools who were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The real reason is simple. Like I told everyone when I was in that ring at Climax Control…now that I’m back in SCW…things are about to change. Since I left; the product of this company has taken a nose dive. I walk in the back now and see so many soft ass bitches, that like to act like they are a big deal, but when it comes down to it they are about as talented as a bunch of midgets playing basketball. We have fake ass wannabe bad boys like Matt Barnes walking around pretending he’s the ultimate tough guy…A bunch of party boys running around, like they still in college, doing anything they can for a laugh and to stay relevant…The champs here are fucking jokes…Only reason I see most of them holding the title is because they don’t have any other true talent here to challenge em’… Koji...Casey Williams… Kennedy… Frost…Hart…that’s just a battle of the JV squad vying for the Roulette Title….Then you have Sinful Obsession walking around with a long standing title reign…but last I checked it ain’t because they got the talent that deserves the tenure. No…it’s because they are the only actual tag team here…Don’t even try to convince me teams like the Surf Boys are fo’real...I mean come on…the division is just dried up…Leaving S.O the titles by default…And finally the Heavyweight Title just comes down to the lucky six, who have managed to show that they are the big fish of the small talentless pond known as SCW…Shit has just gotten really fucking weak!!

That’s why I vowed that I was here to fuck up the landscape of this place. It’s time to take out the trash and resurrect the SCW my damn self. And it all began on Sunday night. I figured why the hell not start the show off with a bang. By having the “Original SCW Superstar” make an appearance in the opening match. You know…set the tone for the night early… So to me…it didn’t matter who was in that match. I was going in there to make my mark regardless of who stood in my way…So Jamie it’s nothing personal… Eventually everyone here in SCW will have to deal with D-Block first-hand. You were just the FIRST of many, my dude!!!

Just look at it on the plus side…You’ve become relevant again in SCW…Even if it is only for a couple of weeks!!!

Now after I had to sit through listening to all your whining…I did finally hear that you wanted your revenge at Summer XXXtreme. That you were going to kick my ass and show me how the ‘Stagg boys fight!’ Well that’s all well and good my man. I can dig that you want some redemption. I would want it too if my ass got knocked out in front of everyone…but let’s get real…do you really think there’s going to be a different outcome? You really think I’m not just going to lay your ass out again? I mean come on bro. It doesn’t matter if you’re facing towards me or away from me…It really doesn’t. Either way…in the end…you’re going to be my bitch!

I must give you credit though Jamie...You finally did say something that had me cracking up…When you claimed that… since I lost to Blade Alexander in the company’s first ever main-event…and since you beat Blade at one point in your life…that I’m really a pansy and you’re better than me….HMMMMM…Do I even have to point out how ridiculous that jackass logic sounds? Sure… I could make some cracks about how dumb you are for thinking like that, but you are clearly getting sensitive as you must have heard that all before. So I will just leave that be… And respectfully say you have some flaws in your logic. I mean listen…just because this person beat that person…and that person once beat that older dude…and once a long time ago this person beat that one guy…none of that means shit! I don’t care who you beat. And at the moment I could careless that I lost to Blade awhile back. All that matters now is me and you. We are about to find out at Summer XXXtreme who the better man is. And I’ll be damned if I let it be you.

One last thing I want to touch on that you mentioned. You said that I couldn’t hack it here in SCW, so I decided to run away to football…Once again…Wow…You’re thought process is fucking magical…When exactly did professional football take a backseat to professional wrestling? Have you ever heard of anyone in the NFL say, “You know…I think I’m going to retire now and try and make it as a professional wrestler.” Hell no…You would never hear something like that….Because it’s some backwards ass logic… Now there have been a few before me that have started in professional wrestling, and then tried to play in the NFL…Things like that do happen... But that’s because the NFL is the pinnacle of the sports world. It’s a place where only the best athletes go to play…And if you consider yourself a prime athlete, like I do, then naturally you will do what you can to get to that level… So yeah…it’s safe to say I was mentally distracted when I originally signed here…SCW was a distant second on my priority list compared to the pigskin….But don’t get it twisted homie…I wasn’t running away from the ring because I couldn’t hack it…Oh no…I was simply still chasing my dream of playing pro ball!!!  

But that ain’t the case no more; because the NFL is no longer on my radar. I went to tryouts this past year and obviously I didn’t make it…And no…it ain’t because I lack the talent…That’s not the issue… I know Jamie said he knew I would come out and brag about my past athletic history…So I will tell you what…I will spare you all those details…I won’t tell you that I impressed the coaches and scouts…That I out played many others at the tryout…That I have already played a lot of NFL players during my college days and took them to school…No I will spare you all those details…Truth is….The scouts and coaches just couldn’t get past my “character issues.” I was too much of a liability given my track record…That’s the reason I didn’t make it…Whether anyone wants to believe it or not… It doesn’t matter… Either way football is in my past, as I have decided to let that dream go…That’s why I have come back to Sin City Wrestling!!!

And the way I see it...Being here still gets my ass in the spotlight… It still allows me to be the star and show my athletic talents in that ring… And when I think on it a little more…Maybe professional wrestling was my calling all along. Maybe everything that made me wrong for the gridiron…”The character issues”…”The extra baggage”…”the bad track record”…maybe all of that is what makes me a so perfect for SCW…this place has had their fair share of fake ass bad boys…maybe they finally got a real one!!! Welcome Back to D-Block, Bitches!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 05:46:53 PM by D Block »

>>