Author Topic: The Journey Back: Part I  (Read 429 times)

Offline DrakeGreen

• Mr. Showtime
    • View Profile
    • Drake Green
The Journey Back: Part I
« on: September 11, 2015, 09:12:08 PM »

"There's no place like home... -Dorothy; from The Wizard of Oz.

[The scene fades in to a small office. The walls are old but solid oak with the finish slightly faded. In the dim light we can see the name of the glass door. "Roy Taggart, PI". Behind the desk is hardened looking older gentlemen, who more than slightly resembles Ray Liotta. He stares at the glass door as if he were expecting it to open and after a few moments, sure enough it does. In walks Drake Green. Wearing a black suit with a white shirt and a dark blue tie loose around his open collar. He has a cut on his lip and his hair is a mess; he looks like he's had a rough few days. He takes a step through the door way before Roy Taggart cuts him off.]

Taggart: I was wondering how long it would take you to figure it out. You know, after all these years, I almost wanted it to be you.

Drake: I just want to know why, Roy? After everything we've been through...how could you?

[Taggart stands up in an angry burst.]

Taggart: Because I deserved it. I put my blood and sweat and tears into this for years and for what? A lousy paycheck and a handshake? Thanks for coming, Roy, You're a great guy, Roy. You're always dependable, Roy. Well I had enough!

[He shouts at Drake, forcing the former SCW World Heavyweight Champion to step back a foot.]

Taggart: I'm not gonna be anybody's old reliable sidekick anymore.

Drake: What about my father, huh? What about all the years you spent with him. With me? Does that not mean anything to you, Roy? You're willing to throw away our friendship...

[Drake steps a bit closer to him.]

Drake: You're willing to throw everything that my father gave you...for this?

Taggart: YOUR FATHER GAVE ME NOTHING! He gave me a chair to keep warm for you so you can swoop in and get all the glory. So I can be your sidekick like I was his all those years ago. Well it ain't happening, pal. Not anymore. Now I'm only gonna ask one time.

[Taggart stares at him before pulling out a .38 revolver from inside his suit jacket, pointing it straight at Drake.]

Taggart: You're either against me....or you're with me.

[The two exchange a long stare before Drake holds his hands up in the air.]

Drake: It's your play, Roy. But I'll never be with you on this one.

CLICK

[Taggart pulls the hammer back on his gun, still pointing it at Drake.]

Taggart: It's a shame it had to end this way. Sorry, partner.

[He brings his gun up straight but before he can pull the trigger, Drake slips out a 9mm.]

BANG!

[Roy grabs his chest but it's too late. Red blood starts to seep through his white shirt. He falls back onto his chair, dropping the gun to the floor as blood drips from his mouth and his eyes roll back into his head. Still pointing his smoking pistol in Roy's direction, Drake finally lowers his gun and walks toward his fallen friend. He stands over him, holsters his gun, and then nods at Roy's fresh corpse.]

Drake: No....I'm sorry partner.

CUT!

[A loud ringing bell is heard as lights flash in the room.]

Taggart: How'd that look?

[Drake's dead friend now stands up and is alive and well. A man runs over toward them, it is action movie director Michael Bay.]

Bay: That was amazing. I can't believe we got that in one take. I'm gonna need some reaction shots from you Drake but why don't you guys take a break for a minute.

[Drake nods as he walks off what is now clearly a Hollywood movie set.]

July 1st, 2015 - Set of "Jack Hammer 2: The White Rose" Paramount Studios; Hollywood, CA - 3:30 PM

[Drake walks over to wear a man with slicked back blonde hair is standing. Wearing a bright pink shirt under a blue suit with a matching blue tie, Barry Goldstein starts clapping and smiling as Drake walks up to him.

Barry: Bravo! Bravo! I think we got a statue in your future, kid.

[Drake shrugs his shoulders as brushes past Barry and grabs a bottle of water that is sitting on a counter behind him.]

Drake: Yeah...maybe a Razzy.

Barry: What are you kidding me? This thing has little golden man written all over it, Champ.

Drake: Yeah, right. You don't win Oscars with terrible dialogue and no plot. And don't call me that any more.

Barry: Don't call you Champ? You are the Champ.

[Drake shakes his head.]

Drake: No, I'm not. I'm an actor in a shitty movie.

Barry: Drake...what's going on with you?

Drake: I just...

[Drake looks around the room the large Paramount set.]

Drake: Look, I like doing the movies and everything. I really do. But this just isn't it for me right now.

Barry: What the fuck, kid? You can't just walk off this fucking set.

Drake: No one said anything about walking off the set, Barry. I honor my commitments. It's just...I want to-

[Barry cuts him off.]

Barry: Oh no...not back-

[Drake, in return, cuts him off.]

Drake: Yes, Barry. I want back in.

Barry: Drake...I'm sorry...but there is no way Mark Ward is gonna come around. I mean last time I called him he said rather let me fuck him in the ass with a large orange traffic cone than resign Drake Green. I mean...I'm sorry, kid.

[Drake smiles.]

Drake: He said that?

Barry: Well I may have used my own words but the point is the same. He's not gonna do it, Champ.

Drake: I have faith you'll figure it out. Call Christian, he's a nice guy.

SLAP

[Drake slaps Barry on the shoulder and starts to walk back toward the set.]

Barry: Drake?

Drake: Just do it, Barry. Just get it done. That's where I wanna be.

[Drakes walk back on the set as Barry pulls out a small vile, twists it open, and quickly blows a bump of cocaine up his knows. As soon as he does he frantically covers it up and looks around to make sure no one saw him. And then he mutters under his breath.]

Barry: Not a fucking chance that happens...

[He looks over to Drake who is now filming again as the scene fades out.]

"You and I have been here before, Casey. More than once. Actually, more than twice. And each time the result is the same. I'm not sure why Mark Ward chose you as my first opponent but to be completely honest, I couldn't care less. It doesn't matter who gets in that ring with me. It doesn't matter if I win or lose. What matters is the show. What matters is how entertained the SCW Universe is. You and I have a history, a history that seems to be repeating itself. Years ago you flocked to the side of another corrupt, sleazy, piece of shit boss named JJ Dixon. You catered to his every need, enjoying your time as his hired muscle. You relished the idea of being his chosen one. The hand picked to star to carry his ACW World title, and what Happened? You lost."

"I don't hate you, Casey. I really don't. I know that deep down inside somewhere there is a good man just hoping and wishing to break free. I can see that hidden in your eyes. But for some reason, you continuously make terrible choices. You keep backing the wrong guy and you keep coming up short. This time won't be any different, Mr. Williams. It's not because I need to win to prove a point or that I need this for the fans, because I don't. You're going to lose this Sunday in Uruguay because evil never wins. You chose the your side of the line, my friend, and just like every time before...it was the wrong side."

July 20th, 2015 - Outside of Bakersfield, CA - 10:00 AM

[The scene sets in outside of a run down looking cement building. It has over grown shrubbery around it and a gravel driveway leading up to it through what seems like a heavily wooded area. A Ford pick-up truck comes pulling up the driveway as it stops in front a short, black haired woman, wearing a tight black t-shirt and blue jeans hops out. Her arms are covered with tattoos and eyes are as blue as the sky. She is Jenny Green. Around from the other side of the pick-up truck comes Drake, wearing a red and black flannel button up over a white v-neck t-shirt and faded blue jeans. He walks up next to her and smiles.]

Drake: Well?

Jenny: Well what?

Drake: I just bought it.

Jenny: What do you mean?

Drake: What do you mean, what do I mean? I just bought this place. Closed on it yesterday.

Jenny: Isn't it like, condemned?

[She has a genuine look of concern and worry on her face but Drake just laughs it off.]

Drake: No it's not condemned, man. Here check it out.

[He walks toward the door and unlocks, holding it open for Jenny to walk through.]

Jenny: Umm...I'd rather not.

Drake: Just go inside.

[She begrudgingly listens to her older brother. As she walks in she notices the place looks almost as run down as the outside. There is an old boxing gym in the middle of the wide open floor with some beat up gym equipment in one corner and some lockers in another.]

Jenny: What is this place?

Drake: It's an old boxing gym. Some former World Champ used to own it but it's been abandoned for a while. There's an apartment in the back.

Jenny: Apartment? You can't be serious, Drake. You can't live here.

Drake: Why not?

Jenny: This place is a dump.

Drake: Look just go check out the apartment.

[Her eyes glare at him.]

Jenny: Do I have to?

Drake: Just go.

[He points at the hallway next to all of the lockers. She hesitantly heads in that direction. The hallway is long and narrow but the paint is noticeably brighter and more well maintained the rest of the place she has seen so far. After a couple of turns, they come to a large medal door.]

Jenny: What is this a bunker?

Drake: This is my favorite part.

[Drake puts another key into the high security lock and opens the door. As they walk in, the lights turn on automatically. Jenny's eyes widen as she looks around.]

Jenny: Wow.

[Nestled in the back of the third-world looking gym is a state of the art, ridiculously expensive looking condo.]

Jenny: Are you kidding me?

[Drake laughs.]

Drake: I told you a former world Champion lived here.

Jenny: Was it Floyd Mayweather? Jesus, Drake...

Drake: See why I bought it out now. Just needs some updates out there and it's perfect.

Jenny: Are you gonna turn the gym out there into a part hall or something.

[She giggles.]

Jenny: What the hell are you gonna do with that huge space anyway?

Drake: I figured I'm just gonna clean it up and use it to train. Add a proper wrestler ring in there and add some Crossfit stuff.

Jenny: You gonna find any time between all these movies you keep making, Superstar?

[She smiles and punches him the arm playfully. Drake half smiles at her and then gets very serious.]

Drake: Nope. No more movies.

Jenny: Oh no...gonna be a hermit up here in the woods?

Drake: No, Jen. I'm going back.

Jenny: To SCW? That dude fucking hates you. He's never gonna give you a new deal. You said so yourself.

Drake: I know...

[He rubs his slightly over grown beard.]

Drake: But I don't care. I'm gonna find a way. It's where I belong. It's where I need to be.

[The scene cuts to black.]

The most magical, the most fantastical Showstopper of all time...

Former SCW World Heavyweight Champion

[4x]
Former SCW Roulette Champion [1x]

Twitter: @The_RealDG