Author Topic: The Las Vegas Screwjob  (Read 363 times)

Offline Nick Jones

• View Profile
    • Nick Jones
The Las Vegas Screwjob
« on: May 31, 2013, 04:34:57 PM »

Two weeks ago...

The scene opens up inside of the home of Nick Jones, a few days before the Climax Control that saw his shocking turn against his longtime friend and ally, SCW Co-Owner "Hot Stuff" Mark Ward.  The camera shows the homes dining room, which is currently populated by Nick and the entirety of his entourage; Diana, Big B, Tony, Max and Jimmy, who are all sitting around the dining room table for dinner.  As the dinner continues on, there is a variety of casual conversations that are ongoing, until one in particular stands out from the rest, with Jimmy addressing Nick with a question.

Jimmy:  So Nicky, baby, you got any big plans for the show this week or what?

Nick seems to be taken a bit back by the question and looks rather paranoid as he quickly snaps back at Jimmy.

Nick:  Big plans?  What?  No.  Why would I have any big plans?  I mean, come on, that's ridiculous.  There's nothing for me to have planned!

Everyone else at the table stops and looks at Nick, everyone seeming very confused by his peculiar reaction to Jimmy.

Jimmy:  I didn't mean anything by it, baby.  I was just asking.

Nick:  Well don't, alright?  It's just another show like any other week.  What would I possibly have to plan for?

Diana:  You do have a match this week you know.

Big B:  Yeah, against that Alk...  Alek... Alexy... well, you know!

Max:  It's pronounced Aleksei Koji.

Big B:  Yeah, him!

Nick:  What, you think I don't know that?  Of course I know that!  I just meant, other than planning for my match, there's no other plans I would have.  Why would I, right?

Diana:  Who knows, I think Jimmy was just making conversation.  What's with you, honey?

Nick:  You know what?  I don't need the freakin' third degree from you people, alright?

With that, Nick pushes his chair away from the table, gets up out of his seat and storms off out of the dining room, leaving everyone else behind looking very perplexed by this whole thing.  After a few moments of silence, the group returns to their meal as Diana is the only one who dares to comment on all of that.

Diana:  I think everyone bugging him about this whole Team SCW crap has really started to drive him to the point of insanity.

Tony:  You's ain't friggin' kiddin'.

Diana:  Hey now, I'd be careful how loudly you say that.  Let's be honest, I'm the only one around here who can get away with getting caught saying something like that.  The rest of you would probably get your asses fired.

Big B:  Nuh-uh!  Nick would never do that to any of us.  And plus, he's my cuz!  He would never do anything like that to me.

Diana:  Yeah, if you say so.

Diana rolls her eyes at Big B as she returns to her meal, while B seems to be completely oblivious to the sarcasm of Diana's comment.  The rest of the group continues eating as the scene cuts away.

The scene opens back up inside of the living room, where Nick is now located and is already in the midst of cell phone call.

Nick:  Listen man, I don't know how much longer I can keep this crap up.  Everyone around here is starting to ask me all these freakin' questions.  If we're going to do this, we need to do this NOW before someone figures out what the hell is going on!

As Nick carries on his phone conversation, in the background it can be seen that the door to the kitchen cracks open a little bit as Diana appears to start heading out into the living room to check on Nick, but instead stops and seems to be listening in on Nick's conversation as he continues on.

Nick:  Great, then let's do this damn thing already.  Enough wasting time with this crap, we need to strike while the iron is hot.  I'm telling you, nobody will ever see this coming!  When all is said and done, Nick Jones will be standing tall in the center of the ring and the entire damn arena and everyone watching at home won't believe what they just saw.  It will change the whole landscape of what's going on around this place right now, and it will never be the same again after this.

Diana seems somewhat shocked as she hears this conversation, all while Nick stops talking and seems to be listening to whoever he is on the phone with.  After a few moments of silence, Nick begins to speak again.

Nick:  Ok, great.  I'll see you on Sunday, man.  Yeah, bye.

Nick then hangs up the phone, at which point in time, Diana continues on into the living room.  As soon as she pushes her way through, Nick hears the door and quickly spins around to see her in, and begins stumbling over his words as he starts to speak before she has an opportunity to say anything.

Nick:  Oh yeah, that was, um... just my mom.  Yeah, just a quick call to see how things were going.  You know how it is.  She's always nagging me about stuff.

Diana looks at Nick very suspiciously, obviously not so convinced of his story given what she heard of the conversation, but instead chooses to play along.

Diana:  Oh really?  How is she doing?

Nick:  Um... fine.  Yeah, everything is, you know... good.

Diana:  Glad to hear it.  I hope you sent her my best.

Nick:  Yeah, of course.  You know, I'm going to go finish eating.

Nick goes to walk past Diana back into the dining room, but Diana steps in front of him to stop him for a moment.

Diana:  Can I just see your phone real quick?  I left mine charging upstairs and I just want to check what the weather is supposed to be like tomorrow.

Nick seems hesitant and looks down at the phone still in his hand and after some time, slowly starts to extend it towards Diana.

Nick:  Sure, I um... guess I have no reason why not.

Diana quickly snatches the phone out of Nick's hand and then looks down at it, but realizes Nick is simply standing there watching what she is doing.  Diana then stops and looks up at Nick and gives him a slight smile.

Diana:  You don't need to wait for me, honey.  I'll just be a minute.  Head on in and I'll be right there.

Nick:  Oh, um... ok.

Nick clearly begrudgingly leaves Diana behind with his phone in her hand and she waits until he finally disappears out of view into the dining room.  As soon as he does, Diana quickly starts to press a few buttons on his phone and appears to be looking through some things.  After a couple of seconds, she seems to have found what she is looking for, but looks a bit displeased with the findings.

Diana:  Caller blocked?  What the hell is going on here?  I don't like this one damn bit.

Diana stops and thinks things over for a few seconds before eventually exiting out of what she was viewing and turning off the screen to Nick's phone.  She eventually the turns and heads back into the dining room, looking very unhappy with the whole sequence of events as the scene fades.

<hr width=50%>

Earlier tonight...

The scene opens back up backstage at the Bellagio in Las Vegas, Nevada, just moments after NeWA Lord of the Ring has gone off the air.  Back in the locker room area, Nick is seen in the backstage area and he is absolutely furious at the outcome of the night's events and is completely trashing the locker room, throwing around and breaking absolutely anything and everything he can get his hands on, as Diana and Tony watch on.

Nick:  THIS IS COMPLETE FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!  THESE MOTHER FUCKERS HAVE FUCKED MY OVER FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME!!!

Diana:  I'm so sorry baby, I really can't believe this happened.

Nick:  This is fucking pathetic!!  I should be the NWA World Heavyweight Champion and every fucking person in every fucking company in this entire fucking alliance damn well knows it too!

Tony:  You's knows it, boss.  If dat Spike guy...

Tony doesn't even get to finish his sentence as Nick cuts him off.

Nick:  Fuck that shit!!  Don't believe that garbage for one damn second.  As much as I may hate that son of a bitch, I know damn well this isn't on him.  He's not the one who cancelled this match, and he's sure as hell not the one who made sure I didn't walk out of here as NWA Champion.

Diana:  What are you going to do about it?

Nick:  Oh, I won't be rushing to any decisions on that.  No, no, I need to make sure I do this all right.  When all is said and done, I will make every rat bastard responsible for this forever live to regret the day they thought they could get away with fucking over Nick Jones!

Tony:  Damn right, boss.  What about 'til den?

Nick:  Until then?  Well unfortunately for them, it looks like there's three sorry sons of bitches who are about to find themselves in the wrong place in the wrong time.  Come Sunday night, I'm going to be taking out all of my anger on that stupid ass teddy-bear loving freak show and his stupid ass kid's birthday party trickster of a partner.

Diana:  Maybe I shouldn't be asking this, but... what about Jordan?

Nick:  None of this was ever about Jordan, but if I step into the ring with him then so be it.  I will be more than happy to beat the ever-loving shit out of anyone I can get my damn hands on.  I'm about to remind all of these mother fucker of the one thing that some of these stupid shitheads seem to be dumb enough to have forgotten: it ain't braggin' if you back it up and whether or not these shitheads let me have the title that is rightfully mine; they will all be reminder that I'm not the least beat cocky, hell no... I'm the mother fucking BEST!!

At that moment, Nick grabs a nearby chair and throws it against the wall, smashing it into dozens of tiny little pieces, before turning and storming off out of the locker room, with Tony and Diana quickly following behind as the scene fades to black.
>