Author Topic: The Journey Begins  (Read 442 times)

Offline ragdoll

• View Profile
    • Becky "Ragdoll" Jones
The Journey Begins
« on: October 05, 2012, 04:07:56 PM »
 It feels like I have spent my life eating in diners like this, as I glance away from the suit as he reads his folded newspaper. Looking around the diner I watch the pink polyester wrapped waitresses as they busy themselves attending to the other diner patrons and pouring coffee, the diner awash with the sound of random conversation and frying sounds coming from the kitchen, while somewhere in the background the old jukebox plays to itself a variety of 45’s. Returning my attention to the rubbery scrambled eggs in front of me, I thoughtfully push them around my plate, not having any real intention of actually eating them, as the suit now looks up from his newspaper.

The Suit: You know you shouldn’t have ordered the eggs if you weren’t planning on eating them.

Ah the suit dressed as always in one of his fancy ass suits, looking like even Don Draper would call him up for dress tips, while proving an interesting fashion counter to my jeans and hoodie combo, while my hair is tied up as per usual rather than it’s spiked up look, I like to wear to the ring which while attention grabbing there, only grabbing the wrong kind of attention here.
I now sigh slightly before answering him.

Becky: Yeah I know, but I live in the blind hope that somewhere there has to be a diner, which could actually do something so simple as making scrambled eggs without screwing them up.

He looks slightly bemused by this comment as he now places the paper onto the table as he continues to look at me across the booth.

The Suit: Still I was surprised to see that you weren’t already in Australia ahead of your big comeback with SCW.

Becky: Well as much as that is true, I don’t really do well in hot countries. I mean why else do you think I choose to live here in the Mid-west, which if you havn’t realised it yet, isn’t exactly the warmest of places, hell we class an overcast day here as being a pretty nice day.

I say with a laugh, as I finally give up torturing the eggs and push them away slightly, as I pick up my tar black coffee, blowing on it slightly before taking a sip and feeling the caffeine run through my bloodstream, while at the same time feeling the pangs for a cigarette which black coffee always brings out in me. Darn these clean leaving folks who frown on me and my socially unacceptable habits.

Becky: Still I’m sure you didn’t have me meet you here, so you can discuss my travel plans, Hasn’t the company got a job they need for me to be doing, or is you taking me for breakfast here, all part of their cruel and unusual punishment for me. After all they are pretty much responsible right now for my attempt to get back into the wrestling game after five years, hell I could be pretty much considered retired so god knows why I think that this is such a great idea.

The Suit just continues to look at me wearing his usual poker face, meaning that even if he knows something he sure isn’t going to give it away.

The Suit: Well if it makes you feel any better, the Company are not punishing you, infact they are just going through something of a dry spell in the areas which utilise those special skills of yours. Still they are happy to see you keeping yourself busy with this new personal project, even more so when it provides you with at least a handy cover for your assignments.

Becky: And here is me thinking that they would be atleast be covering my travel costs. I mean have you flown cattle class recently? I can tell you this much it ain’t that much fun.

The Suit: Well we wouldn’t want you breaking your cover now would we and plus it was your choice to choose an indy company like SCW for your grand return to the ring, so for now I would get used to it or perhaps find a company more liberal with their cash flow.

I snort slightly in contempt at this last statement knowing that there is nothing wrong with the company.

Becky: Yeah well I knew if I was going to make a comeback that it was going to be against the best and not just a bunch of bimbo airhead models, that some trainer had taught a couple of moves to.

The Suit: And this company is different how?

A says with a slightly intrigued look on his face, almost as if he still doesn’t quite believe what I’m saying.

Becky: Well a quick look at their roster alone will show you the sheer diversity of wrestlers they are currently home to and true they might have your typical airheads, but there are some unique and more importantly real talented ladies on that roster. I mean this could finally give me the challenge that I was missing back when I called it a day.

The Suit nods, as I take a gulp of coffee grimacing slightly from the bitter taste as the cheap taste hits home, but still it’s doing the trick in keeping me fuelled right now which is all that really matters. It’s at this point which I see him reach down onto the seat beside him and picking up a a4 brown envelope, which he now slide across the table to me, as I pick it up with a slightly quizzical expression as to what it is.

Becky: Err okay and what is this? I thought you said that the company had nothing for me right now?

The Suit: This is just a gift from the company as they thought that you might find it useful and plus you should know that the company likes to reward loyality.

Becky: Yeah yeah, even a supposed loose cannon like myself?

A slight smile growing on my face, as a tear open the envelope pulling out a number of blown up photos, each with a series of notes paper clipped to each photo relating to each of the photos.

The Suit: As I said the company likes to reward loyalty

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lollipop" by Framing Hanley blasts over the arena PA, as I walk out dressed in my ring gear, my bandana wrapped around my forehead while my hair is now spiked up into it’s more recognisable style. Microphone in hand I punch the air raising a slight cheer from the crowd, some of which it is comforting to see remember me from the last time I held court in the squared circle, as I head down the ramp quickly entering the ring and pausing for a moment as I look out at the gathered crowd as they look on egerly awaiting my address. My entrance music now slowly fading I bring the microphone to my lips and begin to speak.

Becky: Ladies and Gentlemen, you join me here on the eve of an exciting new era here at SCW, for tonight we are on the brink of an era of true bombshell dominance, as for too long the attention has been in the wrestling world focused on the guys, with the girls being left to play dress up wrestling Barbie, fighting in slap and tickle style matches, while the guys got to have all the real competition.

Tonight though I make not only my debut with this company and not only my long awaited return to the squared circle, but the kick starting of a new era of real competition for the bombshell division, because I didn’t come out of retirement to dance the cooch or wrestle filler matches while the guys get all the attention.

HELL NO! I’ve come back to kick some ass and show just what us girls are capable of tonight we are going to kick off the era of the badass bombshell and my journey to the top, as I will be taking on not one but two bombshells, both keen to prove that they have got what it takes to make it in this company….I hope they are ready for a reality check!

I say with a laugh as my words receive a reasonable size cheer from the crowd, no doubt more skeptical at this point, considering that to many I was untested talent with the time away from the ring certainly not helping my reputation as a badass fighter, but soon that would all change come the end of this weeks match.

Becky: So who am I facing I hear you ask. Well this week I will be facing off against Jaya De Carlo and Evelyn Ross two equally feisty ladies, who both feel that they have what it takes to face me in this ring! Well guess we will soon see as I plan on making one hell of a debut here and if it means cracking the skulls of a couple of disillusioned bombshells then so be it.

Still I have to say that I love the spirit you’ve been showing Evelyn and I really hope that you bring it to the ring and prove me wrong that your not just another of these airheaded bimbos that seem to clog up this industry and I’d be interested to see just how you handle facing off against a real fighter like myself. Now as for Jaya a girl I hear likes to talk I’ve yet to see any sign that you will even be showing up this week, so perhaps you can claw back some credibility when it comes to our match and maybe even earn my respect, otherwise you might soon find yourself the first casualty in this war, for I have no time for airheaded bimbos and tonight I will show you just what happens to those who want to stand in my way. So to Evelyn and Jaya and any of the other members of the bombshell roster watching this….it’s time to come out and play!!
>.