Author Topic: The Inner Battle  (Read 402 times)

Offline Bobbie Dahl

• View Profile
    • Bobbie Dahl
The Inner Battle
« on: January 03, 2020, 11:24:16 PM »

December 15th 2019
Post December 2 Dismember
What You Didn’t See…

Success. That was the one thing on Bobbie’s mind following her lumberjill match against Keira Fisher-Johnson. The lumberjills proved to be a challenge, of course, but Bobbie rose above that challenge and walked out with her hand held high. Even Dani Weston’s presence couldn’t distract Bobbie enough to cause her to fail against Keira. Nice try though, Dani.

After said match Bobbie’s focus was glued to the television monitor backstage. She wasn’t involved in the World Bombshell Championship Six-Pack challenge, but she was very interested in who would walk out with that very championship.

Bobbie: They should have just booked this as a battle royale. Apparently no one could eliminate anyone quick enough. Amateurs!

Bobbie snickers as she watches the match. It’s complete chaos as all six Bombshells have been released from their pods as they fight to be champion. Some time passes before anyone is eliminated, and when the first elimination takes place, Bobbie waves to the screen.

Bobbie: Oooh so sad! Christina Crystal Hilton whatever’s wife is the first to go! Byeeee honey!

Bobbie laughs as the match continues. She laughs even more a few moments later as Sierra Williams taps out to Christina.

Bobbie: Aaaand would you look at that! Sierra loses again! But she’s sooo much better than me! She’s sooo gonna be champion! Bahahaha! Move along, Sierra!

Bobbie is so wrapped up in the World Bombshell Championship match that she doesn’t even notice that Artie is nowhere to be found. His belongings are even gone, yet she is completely oblivious. The match ends up being decided between the current champion, Alicia Lukas, and the Hall of Famer, Roxi Johnson! Bobbie eyes the monitor intently.

Bobbie: Alicia and Roxi! Now this is what I’m talking about! C’mon, Alicia! Don’t be an idiot and let Roxi beat you! I know you want to face me just as badly as I want to face you!

Alicia’s first pinfall attempt over Roxi is unsuccessful and Bobbie growls im frustration.

Bobbie: C’mon, Alicia! Finish her off! Geez!!

As the match continues, Bobbie’s wish is unfortunately not granted. Alicia fought hard, and she gave it her all, but Roxi beats her to walk out as a three-time World Bombshell Champion. And Bobbie is not pleased at all.

Bobbie: You no-good stupid, bitch! You let Roxi beat you! Roxi Johnson! Artie, can you believe this crap?! Now I gotta set my sights on—

Bobbie turns her attention away from the monitor to where she thought Artie would be sitting. But he isn’t there.

Bobbie: Artie? Artie?!

She stands up from her chair and walks out of the locker room, looking down either direction of the hall.

Bobbie: Artie?!?! Where are you, honey?!?!

As she calls out in search of her boyfriend, a backstage worker is passing by, and he stops.

Worker: You’re looking for Artie? He already left.

Bobbie: What?! No he didn’t! He wouldn’t leave without me!

Worker: Apparently he would. He left with an older woman. His mother, I believe. Not long after the Bombshell Six-Pack challenge started. Sorry…

Bobbie’s jaw drops and the worker shrugs and walks away. Bobbie stands there for a few moments, dumbfounded before her eyes narrow and she spins around quickly and heads back into the locker room. She goes over to her duffel bag and rummages through it until she finds her phone. There are no missed calls or text messages, and she dials Artie’s number, hitting send.

Bobbie: Why the hell would he leave without me?! Artie, pick up your damn phone!

But Artie doesn’t answer. The call goes straight to voicemail and as tempted as Bobbie is to hang up, she leaves him a message anyway.

Bobbie: Artie, baby, why did you leave without me?! Why aren’t you answering your phone?! If this has anything to do with your mother...Look, we need to talk! Just call me back! Love you baby!

She ends the call and drops her phone back in her duffel bag and brings her hands up to her hair. She pulls at it in frustration, and growls.

Bobbie: Looks like I gotta play the bad guy again when it comes to another bitch in Artie’s life. First, Ronnie. Now his damn mother! Ugh!

She growls louder then kicks the bench her duffel bag is on. Luckily nothing goes flying out of it and she walks the few steps over to a chair and plops down, trying to think of a plan to get Artie over being angry this time.

Christmas Day
Coal City, Illinois
The Dahl Family Home…

Ten days. That’s how long it’s been since Bobbie has seen or spoken to Artie. While she had tried calling him a few times after getting back home from Las Vegas, her anger got the better of her and she gave up after three days. So she now finds herself back “home” in Coal City to spend time with her family for the holidays.

Artie was supposed to be here, though. This was supposed to be their first Christmas together as a couple, but thanks to his helicopter mother, that apparently wasn’t happening. Not unless he came to his senses and came back. Which, Bobbie knew he would eventually. She just decided that she wasn’t going to do what she did last time and go completely off the rails without him.

She was better than that. She deserved better than that.

Despite her parents not being happy with her attitude, or her actions, as of late, tradition was apparently still living on within the Dahl household. Every year on Christmas morning, her father would make their favorite breakfast- scrambled eggs, sausage links, hash brown potatoes and homemade cinnamon rolls. His plate had become healthier since his heart attack two years ago, but he wasn’t about to let a tradition go away this year.

As soon as the smell of those delicious cinnamon rolls wafted into her room, Bobbie rose out bed. She took in a deep breath and smiled, quietly wishing Artie were here to enjoy breakfast as well. She narrowed her eyes and shook her head quickly.

Bobbie: Nope! Not going there! He walked away! I’m not gonna be sad about it!

She put on a happy face and made her way out of her room, shuffling her feet down the hall and to the kitchen. Her mother was awake also, enjoying her first cup of coffee for the morning.

Barbie: Morning, Bobbie. Merry Christmas. Sleep well?

Bobbie shrugs and goes over to the cabinet to grab a coffee mug.

Bobbie: Sure and Merry Christmas. Morning, Dad. Merry Christmas. Oh I always look forward to your homemade cinnamon rolls every year! Nothing better!

Ken’s eyes slowly move in his daughter’s direction.

Ken: Tradition and all.

Bobbie: Duh…

Bobbie pours herself a cup of coffee, deciding to drink it black this morning. Her mother is staring at her and she sets the mug down on the counter as her father finishes cooking the last of the food.

Bobbie: Alright, Ma. You look like you’ve got something on your mind, so just say it.

Barbie shakes her head. She refused to do this on Christmas morning, because she knew Bobbie’s temper had a short fuse as of late.

Barbie: No. Nothing on my mind at all, honey. Let’s just sit down and enjoy breakfast.

Ken has already started taking the food to the dining room table, but Bobbie knows better than to believe her mother. It was going to get said eventually, so she should just get it over with. And Bobbie would try not to get angry about it.

Bobbie: Just say it, Mom. Please. You’re going to say it eventually. I’ll be a good girl. I promise.

Bobbie heard a loud snort from her father in the dining room. He appeared moments later but said nothing as he grabbed the rest of the food to carry it to the table. Barbie just lets out a sigh, ready to get things off her chest.

Barbie: Have you talked to Artie yet?

Bobbie: Nope. Not since he left me by myself in Las Vegas. And he’s completely ignoring my calls, so I gave up. He’ll apologize when he’s ready.

Another snort from her father follows, and she takes her coffee and heads into the dining room with her mother behind her.

Bobbie: Got something to say, Dad?

Ken: Me? Oh, no. Nothing to say at all. Just enjoying my coffee. Sit down and enjoy your breakfast…

Bobbie gave her father a sideways glance, knowing full well he was lying too. They all sat down at the table, and started digging into their breakfast in silence, but Bobbie’s mother couldn’t take the awkward silence after several minutes.

Barbie: I can’t take this any longer. The strain this is putting on this family is killing me. Bobbie, you need to go over to the Miller’s and apologize and get Artie back over here. You two have been inseparable for as long as I can remember, but these last few months…

Bobbie: What do I need to apologize for, exactly? He’s the one who left. I’m not going to wallow in self pity like I did last time. The fact is, he’s letting his mother control him because she’s refusing to let him be an adult and make his own decisions.

Ken laughs and drops his fork.

Ken: Is that what you really think? Bobbie, you insulted Eileen. You were extremely rude, and if anyone was trying to control that poor kid, it was you. You wanted to move in with him, but you didn’t want to let him have any say in where. Sorry, but I don’t blame him for leaving one bit.

Bobbie and her mother are both floored. Barbie is expecting a full blown argument to ensue, but to her surprise, Bobbie remains calm as she doesn’t even say anything else. For the moment.

Ken: Speaking of. How is that house or apartment hunting going? Thought for sure you would find something by now.

Bobbie: Boy, you really are eager to get me out of here, huh?

Barbie: Bobbie, that’s not…

Bobbie holds her hand up and her mother goes silent.

Bobbie: It’s okay, Ma. I get it. Besides, I’m still looking. But with SCW going on this year long “homecoming” tour, not sure how much time I’ll have to really look. Maybe I should put it on hold.

Ken: Or maybe you should just look for something around here, like Artie wants, and stop being so selfish.

Bobbie folds her arms and glares at her father. Her mother lets out a sigh and waits for all hell to break loose.

Bobbie: What is so wrong with me wanting to be closer to where SCW is based out of? What is so selfish about not wanting to travel so much? What is so damn selfish about wanting to get out of this god-for-saken crappy little town and state?!

Barbie: Guys, can we please not—

Ken: You never once had a problem with living here, even with the crap you had to deal with in school. You were a tough girl and didn’t care what anyone said about you and you stood up for yourself. Now suddenly you’re making it seem like the whole world has always been against you, and you let it change you. Oh, and trying to move closer to SCW’s homebase is a bit of a moot point, don’t you think? They go on tours, what, twice a year anyway? So it doesn’t really matter.

Ken takes a sip of his coffee and by this point, they’ve all let their food start to get cold. Before Bobbie can defend herself again, though, her father continues.

Ken: And just think what Artie leaving will cause for you in SCW. You went off the rails last time. You even said it multiple times that you can’t do it without him by your side. Good luck winning a title without him…

Barbie: Ken...please.

Bobbie: You know what, Dad? I’ve smartened up since last time. I’m not going to get all depressed and mopey without him, because quite frankly, I don’t need him! I can and WILL do this without him if I need to. I’m not going to chase after someone who walked out on me because that shows me that they can live without me, too!

She pushes herself away from the table.

Bobbie: But thanks for having faith in me being able to do anything on my own. I knew I’d have to prove it to everyone who hates me as it is. I just never thought I’d have to prove it to my own parents.

Barbie: Bobbie, honey…

But Bobbie doesn’t listen. She turns around and storms away, disappearing back to her room. Barbie turns and glares at her husband, but nothing more is said between the two.

New Year’s Eve
Ringing In The New Year The…Wrong Way

In just five days, SCW would be returning to action as they make their first stop on the Homecoming tour. Their first destination? The hometown of the now former World Bombshell Champion, Alicia Lukas. Atlanta, Georgia! And Bobbie found herself booked in action against none other than Mercedes Vargas.

She would focus on that later when she had to. As for now, Bobbie was taking the time to ring in the New Year and get 2020 started on high note! Well...as high a note as she could, because she was spending the night alone this year. Her parents had gone out of town for a few days, and it had been almost three weeks since she had spoken to Artie.

Whatever, she thought. His loss! Now wasn’t the time to have herself a pity party! She’d sit back in the comfort of her family home, drinking her magical concoctions under the safety of their roof and watch New Year’s Rockin’ Eve live from Times Square.

She’s currently in the kitchen, making herself another cocktail as she dances around the kitchen in her pajamas. She seems to be in an overall good mood until she walks back into the front family room with her glass in hand. Her eyes somehow dart to the mantel above the fireplace where she spots a picture of her and Artie together and she stops, frozen in place. She stares at the picture, unable to move.

“You can’t do it without him, you know. Dad was right…”

Bobbie: Huh?! Who the hell said that?!

Maybe she had too much to drink already. She was starting to hear voices. Or...just one voice. And it sounded so familiar.

“You know who it is, honey! You’re letting Artie get away, you idiot!”

Bobbie: Shiiiiit. I made these things way too strong!

Bobbie walks over and sets her glass down on a coaster on the coffee table. She stands up, closes her eyes and takes in a deep breath.

Bobbie: I need to go get some water.

When she turns around to walk back to the kitchen, she stops frozen in place yet again as she looks ahead, directly into a mirror on the wall. She stares at herself, but to her horror, her reflection moves as she doesn’t! And it talks to her!

“This isn’t the alcohol talking, honey! This is ME talking! You! Ya know, the good side! The one that everyone loves and wants back! The one that Artie loves! You’re screwing everything up!”

Bobbie shakes her head quickly. She clenches her eyes closed, thinking she must be dreaming, but when she opens her eyes again, nothing changes.

Bobbie: No. No, no, no, no, no! This isn’t happening! I’m hallucinating!

“Yeah, sure. Call it that. What are you doing?! You need Artie, and you’re just letting him slip farther and farther away?! He’s been there for you...for US...our whole life! Sober your ass up and go over there and get him back! Or, better yet, let ME do it. I’m the smart one.”

Bobbie: Shut up! It ain’t happening! I don’t need Artie! I’m an independent woman and I don’t need a man to accomplish anything!!

Bobbie’s reflection laughs at her. Before she can respond, though, Bobbie grabs her coat and walks outside. She needed fresh air. That would help for sure.

“You’re not getting rid of me that easily. Go on. Go across the street and apologize for being a massive you know what. If you don’t, and we lose him forever, your career in SCW will be damaged forever. Everyone is glad Artie walked away!”

Bobbie plops down on the steps, gripping her head and trying to make “the voice” go away. The voice in her head just laughs, however, only causing Bobbie to get more frustrated. When Bobbie opens her eyes everything is spinning. The effects of her cocktails officially kicking in.

“Whoaaa. Okay. Maybe you should go back inside and sleep it off. We’ll talk to Artie tomorrow…”

Bobbie: Nooo. You’re...right! I need...to go give Artie… piece of my mind!

Bobbie stands up, a little too quickly, and she starts stumbling her way across the street. The lights are on in Artie’s house, so she knows he is home. Or, someone is home anyway.

“Stop! You’re a drunk mess, honey! Turn around and go back home! You’ll make things worse!”

Bobbie: Aaarrrrtttiiiiiee! Baaaaby! ARTIE!!

Bobbie yells loud enough that the whole neighborhood could hear her. The curtain to the front window opens a little and someone peeks out as she continues walking to their house. As she gets to their front yard, she trips over her own feet and falls to the ground, unable to get herself back up.

Bobbie: Artie! Baby! I need to...talk to you!

“I don’t think he’s coming. Hopefully he doesn’t because—“

Bobbie: Artie!!!

Bobbie suddenly starts crying. Yes, crying! She’s yelling for Artie, still lying on the ground and looking up at the sky. She hears the door open and footsteps coming her way as she continues crying.

Artie: Bobbie...what are you doing?!

Her eyes were closed and when she opens them, Artie is looking down at her.

Bobbie: I’m drunk…

“Hello, Captain Obvious..”

Artie: Yeah, no kidding. What are you doing here?

Bobbie takes in a deep breath and tries to compose herself. She opens her eyes again and looks up at her boyfriend. Or was he now her ex-boyfriend?

Bobbie: I’m an independent woman, Artie! If you want to leave me, fine! I can win without you!

“You idiot! Why would you say that?!”

Artie: Well...thanks for that. Good to know.

Artie turns and is getting ready to walk away and leave Bobbie there, but she grabs his ankle and stops him.

Bobbie: She won’t stop talking, Artie! She won’t leave me alone!

Artie: What? Who are you talking about? Please let go of my ankle.

Bobbie: The Good Bitch! I can’t let her come back. She’s...she’s weak!

Bobbie suddenly begins heaving, and Artie has to think quick before she gets sick. He drops down and uses every bit of strength he has to roll her onto her side just in time. He rubs her back, lovingly, and concerned for her.

Artie: We need to get you home, Bobbie. You’ll freeze out here…

Bobbie: I..I can’t...I can’t let people think...I’m weak. I can...do this...alone.

Artie shakes his head and slowly helps Bobbie sit up.

Artie: Uh huh. Sure you can. C’mon. Let’s get you home.

“Tell him you’re sorry! Now! He still loves you, idiot!”

But Bobbie doesn’t say anything. She is slowly helped back to her feet, and then across the street back to her home. Artie helps her to her bedroom, where she collapses down onto her bed. Artie makes sure she is on her side with a garbage can nearby in case she gets sick again.

Bobbie: Why don’t people...think I can…win??

Artie shakes his head.

Artie: I think you can win. But who cares what anyone else thinks? Just get some sleep. You’re trashed right now.

“Time for me to take over! Sorry, Bad Bobbie!”

Artie pulls a blanket over Bobbie and before he can walk away, Bobbie grabs his hand.

Bobbie: Don’t give up on me, Artie..Don’t give...up...

Before another word is spoken, Bobbie passes out as the effects of her cocktails becomes too much to resist. Artie takes in a deep breath and shakes his head. He pats her hand.

Artie: As long as I know that version of you is still there, I won’t…

He leans down and kisses her forehead before standing up and looking down at her.

Artie: You just have to realize that for yourself…Happy New Year, Bobbie.

He then turns and heads for the door, turning off the lights and leaving Bobbie alone for the rest of the night. He turns off the rest of the lights in the house and then leaves, making sure the front door is locked, before heading across the street and back to his own home.

What would 2020 bring for them? Only time will tell…

Happy New Year, people! What a year 2019 was and hot damn what a year 2020 is going to be! I may not have ended the year like I planned-by becoming the World Bombshell Champion- but I DID end it with a win! And mark my words, I WILL become the World Bombshell Champion soon enough!

But none of you think I will, right?! None of you believe that I have what it takes to be the World Bombshell Champion because I lost a few matches a while back and you just CAN’T get over it, nor can you see that those losses shouldn’t even count! But I’m not going to sit here and debate my losses to you all, because I’m moving past that! I just wish all you ignorant assholes would do the same!

What do I need to do, huh?! How many matches so I have to win to be considered “enough” for you people?! Because I seem to be the only one who basically has to win every God damned match for it to matter. Well ya know what?! Fuck that! And fuck you!

I’ve been back since May. That’s seven months I’ve been back to active competition and out of the fourteen matches I’ve had in that time- yes FOURTEEN I’ve lost a total of five. Now- to some that may seem like a high number, but hell, it’s better than Jessie Salco, right?! How many wins has that girl had this year? Has she had any?!

I’ve got nine wins this year. NINE! But again, that must mean shit, because they weren’t all in a row. I’m so damn sick of people focusing on the losses and throwing them in my face, and not focusing on how many times I’ve walked away with the win!

You know who absolutely LOVES to throw those statistics around, all the damn time?! MERCEDES  VARGAS! She’s so focused on the numbers. On the stats, and that’s all she uses against people. And all she brags about is all the records she’s broken and blah blah blah. How old is Mercedes now? How long has she been around?!

Last I checked, Mercedes had gone on her own bit of a losing streak! But if she were to set her sights on the World Bombshell Championship today, ya think anyone would say ‘Oh nooo Mercedes, you better start winning some matches first!’?!?! Hell no! She’d just be given one because of her win loss record BEFORE THAT!

Mercedes has been around a while. I get that. We all know that! She’s old as shit! She’s accomplished alot! SO WHAT! The bitch is also past her prime, and for some reason, I’ve been booked in a match against her AGAIN, even though I’ve already proven myself against her! And despite what the airhead who writes up the match previews thinks, I don’t have to bully or intimidate Mercedes! I’ve already beaten her, and there’s no need!

But fine. Whatever. If the bosses really think that Mercedes will be a challenge this time, I’ll play into their game. I’ll play by their rules! I’ll walk in there, beat Mercedes’ ass again, win my fourth in a row, and keep fighting until I get my shot at the World Bombshell Championship, because that’s my goal and I’m NOT stopping just because people think I’m unworthy! I’m going to give it my all and treat this match as if it were for the title. Why?! Because that’s what I SHOULD do! Last I checked, Mercedes doesn’t seem to do the same. Does she?

She shows up when she wants to. She cares when she wants to. Why? Because she doesn’t have to prove anything else, right? She’s already soooo accomplished, that none of it matters, right? Mercedes, honey, do us all a favor and just RETIRE already! All you’re doing is embarrassing yourself the longer you stay around, because it just adds another loss to your precious win-loss record. If you’re not gonna treat every match as if they ALL matter, then get the fuck out!

Already people are acting as if I don’t stand a chance against Mercedes. Fenris said he’d tongue kiss Caleb if I won. What a stupid bet! He must be forgetting that I’ve beat her before! And NOTHING has changed since last time!

Oh...wait. Actually, it has. My eyes opened to the fact that I was trying to do what everyone WANTED me to do, instead of what I wanted to do! I finally let my aggressive side show, and EVERYONE has a problem with it so THAT must be the reason I’ll lose to Mercedes right? Because I’m suddenly the biggest bitch on the planet?!

Last I checked Mercedes was no saint! She’s a former member of the Mean Girls. She’s STILL a self-centered, overly confident has been that thinks she’s God’s gift to wrestling. Well, guess what? Little Miss Mercedes is gonna get put down like the used up bitch she is! No one can say I wouldn’t be doing everyone a huge favor in sending Mercedes to the nursing home where she belongs!

2020 has only just begun, and I’m going to start this year out right. I’m sure Mercedes is planning on continuing to add to her “record breaking” career, but she ain’t gonna do that against me! I’m going to feed her her first loss of the year and then continue on my own journey. Where will Mercedes go after that? Who the hell cares. Hopefully into irrelevance because she ain’t worth shit anymore.

2020 is MY year! She might have numerous title reigns. She might have the most wins of anyone in the company. She might be this and be that, but let me tell you something. It ain’t about how many TIMES you win something. It’s about what you do with those wins, and last I checked, Mercedes might be a three-time former World Bombshell Champ, but she didn’t hold the title for very long in any reign. She doesn’t deserve to be a champion if she can’t even hold the title longer than a month.

So, Mercedes, say whatever stats you want to about me. Throw it out there that I’ve yet to win a title, or that I’ve lost this many matches and blah blah blah. When it all comes down to it, I’m working my way to be a better wrestler than you. I’m building myself up to be a better champion than you have ever been or ever could be. I’m working my way to being more MEMORABLE than you!

I know people won’t believe it. They’ll laugh at the thought and place their bets against me. Whatever. That’s on them! I’ve got no regrets about anything I’ve done, nor will I regret anything I’m going to do! To you or the bitches that I face after you! You’re all collateral damage on my way to finally getting everything I deserve, and the more that people doubt me?

The more dangerous I will become. You’re about to experience it for yourself on Sunday, Mercedes!

Nos vemos el domingo, puta!

>