Author Topic: The Irish Setter  (Read 419 times)

Offline Roux

• View Profile
The Irish Setter
« on: August 05, 2017, 12:02:04 AM »
 â€œSo here I am, in my first singles match in... I don’t really know how long it's been...”

Killian taps a finger on his bottom lip.

“Regardless, for the first time, I cannot tag in Porter if I get in trouble. I suppose most guys would feel intimidated. Might start getting anxious, especially when the so-called formidable group of the “bad boys” is involved. I mean they are the champs right?”

Killian smirks.

“What’s that they say?  Bien mal acquis ne profite jamais? In other words, when you have gained something without proving you're worthy of it, you can't really have pride in it, can you? So that is why Porter and I have not come in demanding title shots from day one. We have come in asking for the opportunity to show we deserve a chance. To be honest, look at the state of the tag team division as it stands. There is much room for improvement. And... well, not only are we talented & experienced but we are attractive and charismatic. Everything you want in a champion and what better way to promote your company and its talent than to have that, times two, holding SCW gold. So it is fortunate that the management team did not take long to see that they were missing a golden opportunity. Now they recognize  that Black Sheep have proven they are everything they need to help bolster the tag team division to its former glory.”

He brings a highball glass to his lips, the ice clinking in it. The liquid is clear so it's impossible to guess what the glass contains.

“So that brings us to this Sunday’s match. Where yours truly takes on one member of The Bad Boys, Mickey Carroll. Oh but anyone that thinks this is going to be fair has failed to read the fine print on the match card. While I get Porter in my corner, Mickey has got Dax and Giani in his.”

Killian rubs his chin

“Now I do recall that only two members of Bad Boys hold the tag titles so why have two people to my one. I want to use my normal arrogance to say they need those two guys to equal my one... I mean was Giani even relevant before Dax lured him in? His dick is obviously bigger than Veronica's and that’s saying a lot... that ‘guy’ seems pretty masculine.”

He smiles before taking another sip.

“Now before you go accusing me of homophobic slander let's take a step back shall we. Bad Boys has been nothing but a joke since its inception. I suppose Dax is an alright talent on his own and all, but he believed creating a joke about them being gay fuck buddies was such a bold thing to do. But it's okay because Dax is making fun of himself right?”

Killian shakes his head.

“It's a joke that you have to make fun of your own insecurities with your preference of partner. For example, I am French Canadian with Lesbian partners as parents. This is a joke waiting to happen, yet I didn't come down the ramp waving my red and white flag while wearing a beret eating poutine did I?”

Killian finishes the rest of the glass.

“But hey, you want to own that by not only disgracing yourself but millions of other LGBTX members be my guest. I guarantee that there will be quite a few that will tell you that you should know better. But who am I to judge right?”

He lounges back in his seat.

“And who is Mickey Carroll? Is he well accomplished on his own? Nothing right? His only known thing is being tag team champs with Ben Jordan. I can relate. However, I don’t use the black sheep name to get noticed. As for being a hot headed Irish lad... or is it English? Does it matter? No, because you could be a mud man from the Peruvian tribe of kindagotnoballs and I will still put you down like a lame and blind Irish setter. That’s facts. Another fact, when you let anger be your guide, it will get you lost. You really should find a new strategy.”

Killian’s phone starts buzzing. He takes his phone out from his pocket, swipes the screen to silence it before looking back at the camera

“I have never NEEDED Porter. Just like Porter has never needed me. Maybe that sounds auspicious for identical twins but it's true. We didn't even hang out with the same group of friends in high school. We had difference extracurriculars. We even differed academically. The whole word ‘Partner’ isn't about being dependant on someone. It's support yes, but it also involves a great deal of trust. It is being insync. No one can say that either one of us carries our team.”

His phone buzzes again. And then gives a dinging sound of a text message. Killian rolls his eyes and then aggressively shuts off his phone completely.

“The Bad Boys? Well isn't it obvious that Dax is the face of it, even though Giani supposedly spearheaded it? Hey wasn't that how the Mean girls started too? Veronica claims she formed the group but people always associate Delia with being its leader. Isn’t that funny. So you really are the lesser duplicate. Hmm. Must suck to be so unoriginal that you have to take an idea created by a woman with the IQ of a lima bean and STILL only be champions because you have had to face teams that barely manage to scrape by in SCW.”

He moves a hand to his breast pocket, pulling out a pipe and a box of matches.

“Believe me. Hot tempers, steroid induced muscles, tattoos, beards, fear of being hit on... none of these things are intimidating. In fact, some of the toughest men I have ever faced have been 5’4, 125 pounds but man, you get one of those guys mad and they will run you down like a steam train.”

There is a knock at the door. Killian sighs deeply and rolls his eyes.

“So it doesn't matter what you say Mick, I will get into that ring without a single fear or regret. I invite you to do your worst, because it will never be as bad as mine.”

Killian stands, purposely leaving the camera running, he angles it so you can see a perfect shot of the entire door of his apartment. He walks over, hand on the knob he winks. He then pulls the door open just as Porter has his fist raised to knock again. Porter drops his hand back to his side, and offers a forced smile.

“You may very well be the slowest person to ever exist.”

Killian motions for him to enter, and Porter brushes past him without a second thought, only stopping in his tracks once he sees the camera pointed in his direction. He points towards it, and looks back to his twin.

“What’s all this?”

Killian puts a hand on his brother's shoulder and points toward the camera.

“Me proving that we are a cohesive team but also independent enough to be able to be successful in singles competition.”

Now even the forced smile fades from Porter’s face.

“To prove that point you needed to ignore calls and texts and irritate me for no reason? Sound strategy.”

Killian rolls his eyes.

“Yes, because I was filming. I have already finished my promo for my match.”

In disbelief Porter looks back and forth between his brother and the camera. It takes a few seconds for him to process it, but once he does, he smirks.

“You mean to tell me that you did all this, all by yourself?”

Porter shakes his head and chuckles.

“First time for everything I guess.”

Killian punches him in the arm. But it's obvious it's not hard.

“Do you want a drink?”

He walks forward and shuts the camera off plunging the screen into darkness.

Killian smiles widely as the well dressed blonde in front of him opens a velvet box. It's too big to be a ring, but the excitement on his face is evident. He can see her blue eyes light up as she pulls the gold chain from the box. The gem on the end is light green, the peridot is the August gemstone. It was a fairly inexpensive one at that, however the 10 .5 carat diamonds that surround it change that entirely. She grabs his hand across the table.

“I could say you didn't have to do this but you would find some way to justify it so I won't bother.”

Killian squeezes her hand back.

“Don’t let anyone say you don’t learn quickly Cece.”

She slaps his hand playfully. “Jerk.”

“You love it.”

He leans back in his seat as a waiter comes to refill their wine glasses.

“Happy Birthday Ma Mie. I love you.”

Cece starts to talk when they both hear a familiar voice to their left.  They both look to see the identical copy of himself and his girlfriend being seated by the hostess when she glances over to Killian and then back to Porter. He winks at her as she scurries away turning red. Cece shakes her head.

“You think she never saw twins before.”

Killian is only half listening as he watches his brother, waiting for him to finally notice they were only seated a table apart. Porter does not notice the duo he reaches for Nevaeh’s seat to pull it back from the table. It is then that he meets his twin’s eyes, and sighs heavily.

“Literally of all of the places you could have gone…”

He seems irritated, which is not surprising. However, Nev seems overjoyed by the coincidence. She smiles politely at the both of them before taking her seat and looking up at Porter.

“You don’t have to let it bother you. This was going to happen eventually.”

Killian stands, walking over to Cece. He takes the necklace from her hands, clasping it behind her neck and then he offers his hand. She takes it and grabs her purse as he pulls her gently toward his brother’s table.

“Well isn't this a fortunate accident. You know I was telling Porter that we needed to have dinner together.” he is speaking directly to Nev. He offers a hand. “A pleasure to finally meet you.”

LShe places her hand in his, not even hesitating for a second. The whole thing makes Porter roll his eyes, as he chooses to focus more on the tables coming together evenly instead of as they were. Nev does not take her eyes from Killian.

“He told me that you would see it that way. I don’t know what all the fuss is about.”

A smile crosses her lips, talking about Porter like he was not there was sure to irritate him.

“The way I see it, none of us are going anywhere, so putting it off just seems silly.”

Her eyes drift from Killian across the table to Cecily.

“How rude of me, this is my girlfriend Cecily Bell. Not to be confused with her sister Becky. She is also an identical twin.”

Cecily sighs. “Never a dull moment when you have a trouble making twin with the same face.” she glances at Porter and gives him a smirk.

The comment manages to draw him into the conversation.

“You would think you would know better than to date the evil twin then. I’m not sure this one knows how to stay out of trouble.”

The table shakes, and Porter’s eyes come off of Killian and to Nev. Clearly she had kicked him, or otherwise gotten his attention. Her words come out polite enough though.

“Can we not all just get along?”

Killian smiles. “I knew I was going to like you Nevaeh. I also knew you would be good for my Poor sheltered big brother.”

He pulls out a seat for Cece before taking the one next to Porter.

The waiter returns, bringing the couple’s glasses over and pouring more into the others. Cece takes a sip.

“So, how do you two intend to handle the obvious setup on Sunday?”

Porter chuckles, but when he looks up the glare Nev gives him tells him to play nice. Despite his obvious reservations, he is able to answer Cecily politely.

“If you know a game is rigged going in, you can either play and lose, or try and level the playing field. I don’t know about you, but losing is not really my thing. We chose the latter.”

Cece tilts her head. “And how do you intend to do that?”

Porter and Killian exchange looks before looking back at the girls. Killian smiles.

“You bring in an equalizer. For as many plans that Bad Boys have, we are already ten steps ahead. You girls don’t have to worry. We got this all wrapped up.”

There is a chuckle from Killian before he takes another sip.