Author Topic: Bring On The Ghosts!!  (Read 925 times)

Offline Bobbie Dahl

• View Profile
    • Bobbie Dahl
Bring On The Ghosts!!
« on: April 21, 2023, 04:12:18 PM »
As a young child and even into her early teen years, Bobbie Dahl was never much into stories of haunting and mysterious disappearances or anything of the supernatural sort. Even though she was very outgoing and carefree about just anything, those stories did indeed scare her, even if they were myths or proven to be false. Hell, even the movie The Blair Witch Project had scared her when it first came out! And that is something she hates for anyone to find out because looking back, that movie was dreadful and clearly not true.

But these days? Bobbie is less afraid of those types of stories, or at the possibility of ghostly spiritual encounters. She’s done a lot of growing up and maturing over the years, and as long as you show any fear, that is when things could take a turn. Not to mention, after becoming a fan of the show Supernatural and her beloved Winchester Boys, Sam and Dean, and their Angel protector(?) Cas, she’d simply welcome any spooky situation for a chance to have them come along and save the day. Even though they’re not real.

So when it was announced that everyone would be camping out in haunted woods by order or Mark Ward, she was all too anxious to get to Romania and set up their camping site. Artie, however, was not as thrilled as Bobbie.

Artie: I can’t believe we’re doing this. I’m not gonna be able to get any sleep, because I just know a ghost is going to tickle my feet or something!

The pair are making their way through the woods as Bobbie tries to find the perfect spot to set up camp. Bobbie laughs, and Artie just stays in complete defense mode and he jumps at the sound of every cracking twig or call from a wild animal. He’s also clutching a flashlight in both his hands, clearly ready to use it as a weapon if need be.

Bobbie: Artie, relax! There’s nothing to be afraid of! Tickling your feet is the least of your worries, anyway. That’s just those spirits having a little fun at your expense.

Artie: Or it’s you making me think that a ghost is messing with me. I don’t like this one bit, Bobbie! What if a bad ghost really shows up and tries to harm us?!

Bobbie stops walking suddenly, causing Artie to bump into her in the process. She turns around and places both her hands on Artie’s shoulders, remaining much calmer than her man.

Bobbie: Nothing is gonna happen! Besides, if it does, The Winchester boys always come to the rescue!

Artie: Bobbie, Supernatural was a TV show. None of it was real. And besides, even if it was, you saw how the show ended.

Bobbie’s expression quickly sours.

Bobbie: Well THANKS for reminding me of that, Artie! But a girl can still dream, can’t she?! Ok..looks like this is a good spot to set up camp!

Artie looks around, even more nervous than he was before. He shakes his head and wants to continue searching for a better spot.

Artie: Here?! No. No way! We’re in the middle of the woods and no one else is around. Let’s just keep walking until we find some other SCW people to camp by.

Bobbie drops all of her gear in the ground and crouches down as she begins going through their equipment bag. She clearly ignores Artie’s pleas for a better camping spot. But to Bobbie, this is the perfect spot.

Bobbie: Nonsense! This is a great spot! Jack should be along later so we’ll have a camping buddy and you won’t have to worry. The more you show fear, Artie, the more likely we are to actually—

Artie: AHHH! SOMETHING JUST POKED ME!

Artie jumps forward, practically cowering behind Bobbie and she laughs again. She starts spreading the tent prices around, trying to put them in order for easy set up. As she begins assembling the tent, and enlists Artie’s help, a little while later they hear footsteps coming through the woods. Artie braces for a spooky encounter, but Bobbie just waits for whoever is heading their way. Once they are in view, Bobbie’s face lights up, as it’s none other than her partner, Jack Washington, angrily toting his camping gear.

Bobbie: JACK! YOU MADE IT!!

Jack let’s put a sigh and grumbles under his breath.

Jack: Yeah, unfortunately. This whole camping thing is ridiculous.

Jack is about to continue walking to find a better camping spot, but Bobbie stops him.

Bobbie: Where are you going?!

Jack: I’m going to find a spot to put up my damn tent. You two have fun with that mess you’ve got going on.

Bobbie: There’s plenty of room for you to pitch your tent right next to ours! Yeah, I know what I said and I’m not taking it back!

Jack looks around and shakes his head.

Jack: Screw that. I’m not camping right here. I was told there’s a better area up ahead, so that’s where I’m going. You two want to stay here, that’s on you.

Artie: See, even he doesn’t like it. Let’s just go with him!

Bobbie: Ya’ll are a bunch of pussies! Scared of a few ghosts and wild animals that probably won’t even show up! Can’t we just make the best of this and have a good camping trip before we win our semi-final match on Sunday!!

Jack just shakes his head, wanting no part of it and he can tell that Artie doesn’t either.

Jack Look, I get that you picked up the win for the team in our last match so…good job. But us being buddy buddy outside of the ring, still isn’t happening. I don’t know why you picked this shithole spot for camping, but hey, that’s your reason. I’m not getting sucked into whatever crap you want to do the next few days, so I’m going to—

Before he can finish what he was saying, Bobbie snatches his equipment bag out of his grasp! Jack’s jaw drops and he glares at her, and Artie backs up nervously.

Jack: What the hell are you doing? Give me my stuff back! Now!

Bobbie: Nope! There’s nothing wrong with camping in this spot with us and bonding for a few days! It gives us a chance to talk strategy for our match against Calvin and Dawn, because lord knows we’re gonna need some good strategy!

Jack: You might, but I sure as hell don’t. I can handle Calvin Harris just fine, and honestly, I’m sure you can handle Dawn, too. We won’t need any strategy other than what I’ve been saying all along. Don’t screw up, and we’ll be fine. And then it’s on to the finals and the very last time we have to deal with teaming together.

He tries to get his equipment bag back again, but Bobbie backs up and keeps the bag from him. She refuses to give in.

Bobbie: You are so stubborn, I swear!! Look, I promise I won’t be super annoying while we’re camping out. Just do me this one last solid, and I won’t ask you for anything else everrrrr again. I promise!!

Jack actually lets out a laugh and shakes his head.

Jack: Yeah, like I believe that for a second. You say that and next week it’ll be on to the next annoying stunt to try to get me to be best friends with you. Would you just give me my equipment now?

Bobbie: Are you going to set up your tent and camp here with me and Artie?

Jack stares at Bobbie, even more annoyed. He wants to snatch the bag right back, but knows he probably couldn’t even if he tried. There was simply no getting out of this. He would have to deal with it and get it over with.

Jack: FINE! Just give me my damn bag so I can set up my tent.

Bobbie squeals in delight and then happily hands Jack his bag. He snatches it away, and then drops it on the ground to begin going through everything he needs to set up his tent. Bobbie and Artie get back to their own tent just feet away from him, and Jack continues to shake his head and mumble under his breath. At least this was for a few days, he thought. What’s the worst that could happen?

Later that night…

Bobbie and Artie are sitting around their campfire. Artie is still looking around nervously, as the entire atmosphere has grown more eerie than earlier in the day. Bobbie, however, is happily roasting marshmallows to make s’mores and is singing various campfire songs. Jack? He’s already got himself holed away in his tent, refusing to come out. And wishing he had ear plugs.

Bobbie: JACK! S’mores will be ready soon! Get your butt out of that tent!!

Jack: OH MY GOD WHY DID I AGREE TO THIS?!

Bobbie gets up and walks over to Jack’s tent, attempting to let herself inside, leaving Artie by himself by the fire. Unbeknownst to either of them, a shadowy figure is slowly approaching their campsite, getting closer and closer to Artie. It suddenly wooshes past him and he leaps up with a high pitched scream and runs off!</>

Artie: AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

As Artie runs off into the woods, Bobbie jumps up and rolls her eyes.

Bobbie: Artie! Smart idea running away from a ghost and going further into the woods at night!  COME ON YA SCAREDY CAT!

And with that, Bobbie has no choice but to rush off and try and find Artie, saving him from getting into more trouble. This gives Jack at least a few minutes of peace and quiet, which he welcomes whole heartedly.

>

Woooooweeee! We did it again! We made it past round two and beat Bane-O-Mac(sorry, had to!) and Laura Phoenix! And the best part?! I SCORED THE PIN! I didn’t fail! I didn’t lose it for our team, so I can at least shove that in Jack’s face. Although, I have a pair of something else I’d rather…NEVERMIND! Focus, Bobbie, focus!

So we’re moving on to round three- the semi-finals! And let me tell ya, it’s not getting any easier! Though, it’s not supposed to, is it? Because the other three teams still in this have also made it this far, and they’re just as hungry for that spot in the finals that to lose now…well, it may feel worse than losing in the first round. Maybe just my opinion, but maybe I’m wrong, too! Either way, the closer we get to the finals, the more nervous and anxious I’m getting because it just feels so…REAL!

Jack is starting to open up…a little. He’s definitely more trusting having me as his partner, but I can feel that deep down, he’s still waiting for me to drop the ball. He’s still waiting for me to be the reason we don’t make it to the finals and then win the whole thing. And I get it. I’m more outgoing than he is. I’m carefree and try to see the fun in everything. He thinks that’s a bad thing and maybe to a point, it is. But…it also softens the blow a bit.

What blow? The blow for IF we do lose. That heartsinking moment that we’ll feel when our opponents hands are raised and we’re sitting there…defeated. Now I’m not saying that will happen or that I want it to happen, but I just like to be prepared! Jack will probably ring my neck when he finds out I said that, but come on…ya gotta admit it’s not a bad idea! We can’t win them all!

But we reallllllllly want to, anyway! Which is why when I saw who our third round match was against, my jaw hit the floor. I really wasn’t prepared for this. I mean, it’s not J2H and Devona, sure. But it’s the next worst anyway. Calvin Harris and Dawn Warren! Well…worst possible at least with HALF of the team. Because Calvin Harris is a former champ and despite my feelings about the guy, he’s one tough cookie! I know Jack will be confident that he can beat him, because he already has, but Calvin isn’t about to let him do it again. At least not without one hell of a fight!

I’m gonna be honest here. I don’t like Calvin Harris. I’ve never interacted with him, no, but I know enough from the SCW history books to have a bad bad taste in my mouth when it comes to guys like Harris. Sure, he MAY be different from the last times he was in SCW and may say he’s changed and blah blah blah, but come on. A cheetah doesn’t change its spots! Or something like that. Given the right circumstances, Calvin will do exactly what he did before, so I don’t trust him. He MAY get his hands on the World Title eventually, but what about when he loses? And on the first defense?

Waaaaaahmbulance! He’ll piss and moan and leave like he always does! It’s a wonder why he was even let back in the first place, but hey…like I said. Maybe he has changed. Regardless, that is why Jack HAS to beat him. To stop him and Dawn from getting to the finals and THAT much closer to a World Title opportunity. Which…isn’t he related to the guy currently holding the title anyway? Weird, but what do I know! I don’t need to worry about him too much because I can’t fight him anyway(thankfully!) Nope, my job is to solely focus on his tag team partner…Dawn Warren!

Ok, ok, ok. Let me get this straight. This woman…can I even call her that?! Anyway, this woman calls herself “The Pink Puppy.” Seriously?! Look, I know I’m a bit out there myself and have done and said some crazy things but come onnnnnn, honey! Get a freaking grip! How old are you, anyway?! Five?! Wait…is this match going to be legal? I’m not gonna be arrested for child abuse or something, am I? Because I seriously think this chick is a child in a grown woman’s body or something! She’s certifiable!

Then again, just take a look at her family and who she’s connected to! They’re all nuts! Especially that brother of hers! He’s the biggest whack job of all! So naturally the sister turns out to be a bit of a loose noodle too. But really, I shouldn’t be mean about this. Clearly the girl wants to make a name for herself and not be looked at in a negative light like the rest of her family, so I get it. I totally get it!

But Dawn, honey, you’re going about it the wrong way. Look there’s nothing wrong with being positive and upbeat ya know?! Ya just gotta…tone it down sometimes? Running around calling yourself the pink puppy and barking like a dog and what not…makes ya look CRAZY! You can be a dog lover all ya want. Hell, I am too. I love my baby Loki more than anything. But, there’s a fine line between loving my dog and parading around calling myself a dog! They do have conventions for that sorta fetish, ya know. Furry conventions?

Annnnyyyywayyy!

Look, Dawn, I get it! Ya want to be seen as a serious threat on this roster! What better way to do it than to win the Blast From The Past Tournament and go on to get that World Bombshell Championship match. Maybe win it, if you’re lucky. But, honey, ya got a long way to go before that! You and Calvin may be a threat, but I think everyone knows that he’s the real threat of your team. You’re just along for the ride while it lasts! If you’re anything like your family, you’ll be so inconsistent, not a single person will take you seriously or ever consider you a threat!

But, I’m gonna hope for the best here. I’m gonna walk into this match, expecting you to give it one hundred percent, because I’d expect nothing less in a tournament of this magnitude. Don’t just sit back and let your partner do all the work, because that just ain’t fair to him. And that’s coming from someone who just doesn’t like him anyway! Your family likes to do a whole lot of talking and then…well, disappoints.

So what am I gonna see this week, Dawn? Am I gonna get a rookie who holds back and lets her partner handle most of the workload hoping it will get them to the finals and then maybe the win? Orrrrrr…am I gonna get the hungry rising star you think you are, desperate to prove yourself to everyone watching?! I’ve been where you are, Dawn. Hell, in some ways I still am. I’m not a rookie anymore, but I’ve yet to truly achieve everything I was hoping to achieve when I first started out in this company and in this business!

But I’m determined-not desperate-to prove myself. I’m fighting tooth and nail to prove that I’m not a joke and I’m not a failure, and the further I get along with this tournament, the closer I am to finally achieving success! And the crazy part?! I didn’t even sign myself up for this tournament! It wasn’t even on my radar, but I guess I needed a little nudge to get me going, and now that I’m here…I’m not ready to stop!

You picked the wrong year to enter this tournament, Dawn. Because I’m not giving up. I’m not accepting defeat! Especially not when Jack and I are THIS close to the finals and me getting one of the biggest wins of my career so far! I’ve never been more determined in my life, and the fact that I’ve been put up against three women so far who are new to SCW is making me even more determined because this is MY year to shine!

It’s nothing personal, Dawn. I really do hope one day you prove that you are MUCH different and more SANE than your family. And I hope you taste a bit of success. But as of right now? As long as I have anything to say about it…

That ain’t gonna happen. 2023 Blast From The Past Winners are gonna be Bobbie Dahl and Jack Washington. Team…I STILL CAN’T FIGURE OUT A GOSH DAMN TEAM NAME!!!

Ah well…ya’ll get the point. We’ll have a team name soon enough, but either way. BOBBIE AND JACK FOR THE WIN!!

Toodles!
!
>