Author Topic: ● ZERO RESPECT ●  (Read 305 times)

Offline GUY

• View Profile
● ZERO RESPECT ●
« on: December 08, 2017, 05:05:19 PM »

\'user

● THE SHOCK HEARD ‘ROUND THE WORLD ●

The sun was shining brightly out in Los Angeles. It wasn’t exactly the warmest out, but it wasn’t unbearable by any means. The west coast never was. It was the mid-west and the east coast that most people wanted to stay away from this time of year with all the cold weather. Before long snow would start to fall and it just wasn't a good thing. Cadence however had taken advantage of the slightly warm weather to go on a jog. When she came back to her apartment. She was a little out of breathe, but it felt good to get her blood pumping somewhat early in the morning. Coming up the steps into her apartment. She made a beeline right for her fridge, popping open the door and snatching the nearest water bottle she could get her hands on. Untwisting the cap and bringing the bottle up to her lips. Taking a big gulp from her bottle. As she turned herself around Cadence’s eyes found themselves locking on her girlfriend, Jasmin. Cadence pulled the bottle away from her lips with a smile forming on them.

C A D E N C E ● C A R T E R
[ bombshell roulette champion ]
“ Look someone’s finally awake! ”

J A S M I N ● M A R Q U E Z
[ the girlfriend ]
“ I would still be asleep, but you left your phone behind and woke me up. ”

“ Oh? Sorry about that babes! I just didn’t need to take it with me on the jog. Didn’t think I would be reached this early this morning. Guess, that’s what I get for thinking huh? ”

[ the girlfriend ]
“ Uh, yeah. I suppose so. But uhm, I hope you don’t mind. Kind of just out of habit when waking up out of a dead sleep. I answered the phone for you. ”

“ That’s fine. Who was it? Anyone important? ”

[ the girlfriend ]
“ You could say that, but I think you should sit down for this. ”

“ For what? ”

[ the girlfriend ]
“ For what I need to tell you. ”

There was quite the serious look in Jasmin’s eyes at that moment. From how serious it was, it kind of made her feel a little awkward. Made this unsettling feeling in the pit of her gut. She had no idea what she was about to be told. It didn’t sound like good news one way or the other. Walking herself around the island that was smack dab in the middle of her kitchen. She sat down in one of the chairs that were up to it. Her eyes still focused on Jasmin.

“ What’s the issue? ”

[ the girlfriend ]
“ Well when I answered the phone. It was very obvious from the start that it was someone that worked for the company you’re wrestling for. They started off by telling me about this mixed tag match that you’re meant to be competing in this week. ”

“ They’ve never called people before about matches. We get emails. There had to be something more to that phone conversation. ”

[ the girlfriend ]
“ Yes there was. That's why I asked you to sit down. The main reason for that phone call was to inform you that the company is closing down in January. ”

“ Excuse you? They're doing what? ”

[ the girlfriend ]
“ Yep, that's what they told me on the phone. The company is choosing to close up shop in a month. They want their talent to be informed. I know it wasn't my phone call to take and I'm sorry. Like I said it was out of habit. ”

“ I'm not even worried about you answering my freaking phone. I'm more worried about what the hell I'm going to do now... ”

There was a look of defeat and a look of distraught covering the young blonde’s expression. This was not the news she was expecting to hear. For the last several months she worked so hard. Night in and night out. Doing her best to get herself in a position to succeed. She finally does just that. Her name is out there. She’s won gold. And just like that it is going to come to an end. Jasmin lowered her head some, feeling bad for her partner. Taking a couple of steps towards her.

[ the girlfriend ]
“ I wish I had an answer for you. ”

“ That makes two of us. ”

[ the girlfriend ]
“ Look, I know you’re upset Cadence. It’s horrible timing, at the same time. You can’t let this get you down. You’ve still got a few weeks left and in that time. You can prove so much more. Make a lasting impression on all of Sin City Wrestling. You gotta look at the positive in the situation. ”

“ Make a lasting impression that ultimately isn’t going to mean anything in the end? Yeah, sounds like a gigantic waste of time. ”

A slight glare was in Cadence’s eyes at that moment. Shaking her head a little bit in pure frustration. That’s when she pushed her upset out of the seat she was sitting in and made eye contact with Jasmin.

“ I don’t mean to take this out on you, but right now I just need a few minutes to myself. I need to wrap my head around all of this. I just need to figure out what do I do from here. ”

Nothing more to be said as far as she was concerned. Cadence walked right on past Jasmin and headed down the hall that lead to her bedroom. She gave the door a bit of a hard swing behind her the door slamming shut. Cadence flopped herself down on her bed and looked up at the ceiling of her bedroom. All she could focus on was how much this sucked. Like she had said. She had worked really-really hard to get herself in the position that she was in at this moment. Now all of it was about to mean nothing. In the end when SCW closed it’s door. All that hard work would be for nothing. Her championship reign would be for nothing. All of this was going to be a giant let down. She couldn’t see any positive to it, but at the same time she did have a job she had to do. In which she was going to do at the best of her ability regardless.

● ZERO RESPECT ●

Twenty four hours from now Sin City Wrestling would be having one of their last shows before closing their doors. That was the news that was making headlines all across the professional wrestling world. Even with the sad news that was making it’s way around. The logic that the show must go on was still a thing. There were still some shows left on the company’s last leg and therefore they should be treated with importance. At that moment the cameras found themselves opening up. As soon as they did their attention was locked on the blonde bombshell and more importantly the Bombshell Roulette Championship, Cadence Carter. A small smile was on her lips as she began to speak up.

“ So, this is one of the few stops on the end of Sin City Wrestling huh? Reno, Nevada is going to get to see Sin City Wrestling one last time. Meaning that it might very well be the last time that they see some of the current crop of stars that are on the roster. Myself included. Because at this moment, I don’t know what’s going to come of me. This might be the last time I’m in Reno for a wrestling event. In a few weeks when SCW closes it’s doors. It might even be the very last time I step into a professional wrestling ring. There’s so many unanswered questions at this stage. ”

Nodding her head just a little bit. There was a tiny amount of somberness to her voice when she had spoken. Really set the tone for how upsetting this news was for her.

“ But you know what? Even if everything is up in the air. That’s not going to stop me or prevent me from doing my job until the very last day. That’s what I was hired to do. Not to mention you guys are behind me now more than ever. I’d be a complete and utter bitch just to leave you guys high and dry. I’d be a complete and utter waste of space, if I just gave up and stopped giving you guys what you deserved. All because of this one thing. That’s not who I am. Therefore tomorrow night. You’re going to see me here in Reno. Tomorrow night, you’re going to see me inside the Pioneer Center and in the middle of that ring. Tomorrow night, you’re going to see your SCW Bombshell Roulette Champion. Putting it all on the line, like I know how to do and like each of you deserve. ”

A small amount of cheer seemed to fill her voice when she spoke that time around. Almost like she was trying to hype herself up. Yes, it was sad news. However as she pointed out. All the fans still deserved to see their favorite superstars give it all they got as they were going out. They deserved to see things go out with a bang.

“ For the first time since I have signed my name to the dotted line in Sin City Wrestling. I’ll be competing in a tag team match. Not just any tag team match though. It’s an intergender tag match, which is a new experience all on it’s own. Meant to have my back is Caleb Storms. As the two of us take on the woman that’s becoming my arch rival here in SCW, Samantha Marlow. Along with her stalker and the ever so creepy ass clown named Anthrax. Well, I can tell you right now  Caleb and I’ve got zero in common with each other. There’s actually no real reason for us to have ourselves in a tag match with one another. In that being said, I’m not even sure how the two of us are going to gel when we get out in that ring together. That in itself could end up being the downfall of this team.

Although, at the same time I’ve always said that I welcome any and every challenge that I’ve been met with. Therefore as far as I am concerned. I am going to do everything that I can to make it work. On the flip of it though. I do have to realize that maybe, I don’t have it nearly as bad as my counterpart does. Samantha has herself in a pretty bad position. Teaming with a guy that’s pretty much done everything he can to stalker. At this point charges could be pressed, but how do you press charges against a deranged clown in the first place? I don’t even think that’s a thing. At the same time though. As much as Samantha has been running her mouth. Or should I say letting her sister run her mouth about me. I can’t say that I feel that bad. If anything she kind of deserves the situation she’s in. After all we all know that khrama can and is a bitch.
”

Cadence’s eyes had a bit of a glare to them. That was a message in itself as it seemed to be driving the point home. By no means at all was she fond of Samantha these days. In the past week that much had been proven. There was a good chance that things were only about to get worse as time went on.

“ I do find it kind of fitting that the two of us are going to find ourselves in the ring with each other so soon here Samantha. If you ask me, it’s been a work in the making. You see when I defeated you at High Stakes for the SCW Bombshell Roulette Championship. The very championship you see sitting over my shoulder at this moment. I figured that there was going to be a rematch between us. Not that I ever had an issue with that. Being the former champion, you deserved that rematch. Though right away there was rumors going around that you were retiring. Therefore I didn’t think nothing of it. But every week following that. There was something coming out of your sister’s mouth. Which, at this point I’ve pretty much tied into the fact that it was your thoughts. She’s just the one saying them.

But regardless like I said last week. When I heard those things being said. I tried to let it roll off my back. I tried not get too bothered by it. I didn’t see there was a reason to be confrontational. As far as I was concerned. I considered you, Samantha a real woman. I figured if you really had anything to say about me. You would have just approached me about the situation at hand. However I very quickly realized that wasn’t the case. For the weeks and weeks continued on with things being said. It finally transferred into things such as you let me win. It continue with things like I didn’t deserve to be champion. That I was a fluke, so on and so forth. It started to grind my gears, so last week I had something to say. And everything I said then, I still stand behind. In my opinion all of this could have been avoided if you just came to me like a woman and asked for the rematch.

However now as I understand Samantha, you’re like most of the girls on this roster. You’re a dirty nasty snake that’s just waiting in the grass waiting for the perfect time to strike - in the sense of a sneak attack. And I am sure that you thought the next time we saw each other was going to be for my championship. I am sure you believed that the next physical confrontation between us was going to be a rematch. To which you likely had the thought that I would be so frustrated and so irritated that I wouldn’t be thinking straight. Only to put you in the driver’s seat and having the advantage over me. All of which you likely believed was going to bring the championship back home. That being said though Samantha, I think it’s safe to say that you’re not as bright as you might like to believe that you are. Cause as you can see all of that is wrong.
”

Shaking her head just a little bit at that particular moment. People could only wonder how Samantha was going to take things that were coming out of the champion’s mouth at this point. At the same time there was no getting Cadence to change her mind or her tune. She had already believed that things were a certain way. That’s all there was to it.

“ Obviously this isn’t the rematch. You’re meeting me far too soon, probably way sooner than you have expected. And you know as much as you probably don’t want to hear this. This could end up being the very last time that we are in the ring with each other. After all from what is going around. Your career is going to be on the line at the two hundred show. Should you lose that match, Samantha. That’s it. You’re finished. You’re done. No rematch for you. All of that is a very real possibility, considering that when your career is on the line. You’re going to find yourself in the same exact situation that you’re in right now. You’ve got to team with Anthrax and that just doesn’t seem very pleasant at all when you think about it. In the same breath though. That’s not my problem. It has nothing to do with me. You lose, then you lose.

After all the backhanded shit you’ve had to say about me. I’d say it was well deserved in the end. Like I said though, that’s none of my business really and that’s something you have to focus on in a few weeks. Instead my focus is where your focus should be. It’s on tomorrow night’s match. I am honestly and truly looking forward to being in the ring with you this time out. For the moment that the two of us find ourselves in the ring with each other for the first time. It’s going to result in me walking right up to you and slapping the taste right out of your mouth. That slap is going to be filled with a ton of rage. Matter of fact that slap just might be enough to knock you unconscious. Because I’m hitting you with everything I got. I want every bit of bitterness to come out of me when it came to what you’ve had to say about me. If it slumps you, then it slumps you. Again, well deserved.
”

That said all that it needed to say at that point. Cadence had finally been pushed too far when it came to Samantha, or at least what she believed about Samantha. Being pushed to that point there was no going back. She rearranged the title that weighed heavy on her shoulder for a second. Purposely drawing attention to it, almost as if it was another shot at Samantha.

“ Of course I am not going to take anything away from you truly, Samantha. I know that you’re one tough chick. I’ve never said that you weren’t. So there’s a very good chance that a slap won’t put you down for good. But that slap is more so just to get that anger out of me. Because at that point, if you’re still in the fight. I won’t be as angry or as bitter. Therefore I’ll be a hundred percent focused. And that’s where you’re going to find yourself in a lot of trouble. Because after all that’s been said about how you let me win and how I don’t deserve to be champion. When I was called a fluke. I knew then that the next time we found ourselves in the ring with each other. I had to literally out wrestle you at every damn corner. Doesn’t matter to me that you’ve been wrestling longer or that you’ve got more experience than me. Now it’s truly a matter of being out to prove that I am better than you. ”

There was that confidence that Cadence had been known to speak with. At this point it might have been a little bit ego-fueled. However at this point no one could truly blame her for how she felt.

“ Honestly, Samantha. I wouldn’t blame you one bit if you hid behind Anthrax during this match. Sure, you might not like the guy. You might even be scared of the guy, but at the same time. Anthrax is the one person that can save you this time around. If you hide behind him and if you let him do all the work. Then you’re not ever going to have to worry about me proving that I am better than you. Not to mention, you’ve been hiding behind your sister for the last several weeks. Instead of just having the lady-balls to say the things yourself. What’s the difference in hiding behind someone else once again? Or is this a matter of you don’t want people to see just how much of a coward you truly are? You’re one of those people. It’s okay to be a coward when no one knows. But when everybody has their eyes on you, then it isn’t acceptable?

Eh, whatever floats your boat at the end of the day Samantha. All I can tell you is there was once a mutual respect between the two of us. Or at least I thought there was. I respected you. I respected what you had done. I respected what you had accomplished over the years. I thought that you had some respect for me in the sense that I was a hard working young gal in the business that didn’t come in entitled. But apparently, you only respected that as long as I was taking anything from you. See the moment that I defeated you. The moment I became the SCW Bombshell Roulette Championship. It seems all of that went out the window. Ah well it is what it is. I now know who the real Samantha Marlow is. And that’s fine, because I no longer have any respect for you either. My only goal is to embarrass you and prove without a shadow of a doubt I am better than you.
”

Once again Cadence let it be known what her goal was. By saying she wanted to prove she was better than Samantha. That was going to make things a little more intense when they finally met each other in the middle of the ring. The encounter just might be one of the most talked about encounters for this show. Even though the company was dying down. This rivalry was still very much alive. Cadence’s eyes locked on the cameras again as she spoke up.

“ I’ll leave you with these final words, Samantha. I’ve said numerous times that I am a future headliner. But now I can just say, I’m going to make headlines out of making you my personal bitch! ”

In that being said those were Cadence’s final words. Not only were they her final words but that was the message that put the nail in the coffin. From this point forward there was no chance at all that the two of them would ever have any type of relationship between each other. No chance in hell the two of them would ever be friends. Nothing like that. It was officially dead between them and everything that happens from this point forward it was going to be heated. It was going to be bitter. It was going to be brutal. There was no way to end it other than that. As the cameras faded out to black leaving everyone to wonder what would truly happen when the two of them finally met on Sunday night.