Author Topic: ● SLAYING THE DRAGON ●  (Read 324 times)

Offline GUY

• View Profile
● SLAYING THE DRAGON ●
« on: November 24, 2017, 06:01:24 PM »

\'user

● LIVING UP TO A LEGACY ●

Los Angeles, California was such a beautiful city. It was a city where there was always something to do and a city where there was always such much life. Granted a lot of people that didn’t live in LA didn’t get the appeal. Even some people that did live in the city had grown tired of it. Though it could be said that those people were simply people that were negative and didn’t know how to enjoy what they had. Cadence Carter wasn’t one of those people and she enjoyed every aspect of Los Angeles. Even days like today, she still found joy. She found herself walking up a hill.

She had flowers in her hand and her Roulette Championship slung over her shoulder. As soon as she reached the top of that hill. Her eyes were gazing on an entire cemetery. A place where loved ones of people have been put to rest for years. Cadence found herself beginning to walk in a specific direction. The way she stepped and the way she had a direct direction in which she was heading made it known she had been here before. Not once, but quite a few times. After a few more steps Cadence found herself coming to a stop. Stopping directly in front of a rather large headstone to say the very least.

As she stepped forward for a brief moment, she place the flowers that had been in her hand on top of the headstone. Only for her to take another step back and then she proceeded to take a seat in front of the headstone. Folding her legs up in a bit of an indian sitting like formation. Removing the championship from her shoulder and placing it down in her lap. Looking at the headstone before her with a slight smile on her face. Despite this being a bit of a sad situation. Cadence was always able to find the positive in everything. Finding herself speaking up at that moment.

“ It’s been quite sometime since I’ve visited. ”

She lowered her head for a brief moment.

“ Kind of makes me feel like a bad person. It isn’t like there’s anything more important. It’s just that things are really starting to take off for me. So much in fact that I’m doing less and less with modeling. Doing more and more with wrestling. I know that will make you proud. Speaking of making you proud... ”

Cadence found herself reaching down into her lap where the Roulette Championship was sitting. She held it up and turned the front plate towards the headstone.

“ Everything is starting to take off because of this. I’m starting to make people see that I am much-much more than just a pretty face. I’m starting to force people to see that I can hold my own in that ring and that I’m going to be around for quite sometime. I’m starting to force those people that were haters to become believers in me. Sure, I know that I’m not going to convert everyone and I know that there’s going to be a lot of people out there that are still going to have bad things to say about me. That’s never going to change. That’s simply how the world works. I’ve come to understand that more than ever with being in this business. Point is, I’ve made it. There’s not a single person that can take this away from me. I just wish you were here to enjoy it with me. ”

Her face found itself starting to scrunch up into a little bit of a frown. It was sad for anyone to lose someone that they were close to. It seemed to be even sadder when they lost someone before they could share a big moment that happened in their life with them. Cadence slightly shook her head as she placed the championship back down in her lap.

“ Matter of fact I wish you were around for more than just being able to enjoy this championship victory with me. I felt there was so much still to learn from you. Professional wrestling was your life. From the time you were little until the very day you left this earth. You could have given me so much information on the ins and outs of the business. As a man that had been to the top of the mountain. You could have helped me mentally prepare for what I am going to have to deal with.
You’d give me tips on how to deal with the pressure.

How to continue to improve in the ring, as a champion, and so forth. There was much knowledge I could have gained from you to make sure that I did justice to the family name. But as much as you could have taught me as a wrestler. I know there was much-much more you could have taught me as being my other brother. I really wish we would have met sooner. I wish we would have a longer relationship than we did. I wish that you would have been around my entire life. Maybe that’s selfish of me. I’m not really sure, but I just know that I really-really wish we would have had more time together.
”

Nodding her head in a bit of a somber manner. Cadence found herself continuing to peer at the headstone that was before her. Deep down there was so many layers to this girl that no one knew about. No one in wrestling knew much about her personal life. There were even things that her girlfriend didn’t know about her. With those bright eyes still locked before her, she spoke up again. Submerging herself in this world that was just her and her deceased brother.

“ Kind of an example of just how unfair life can be at times. You grow up your entire life thinking you’re an only child. Then eighteen years later, you find out that you aren’t. That you have an older half brother and everything changes. Of course, I wanted to know everything about you. I wanted to know what you did for a living. I wanted to know if we had similar looks, if we had similar tastes, if we had anything in common, and if we didn’t what made us so different from each other. Boy, did we find out we couldn’t have been more different than each other.

However the one real similarity we had with one another is the fact we didn’t give up on our dreams or our goals. No matter how unrealistic they seemed and no matter how hard it would appear to get there. Nothing and no one ever stopped us from achieving our goals and our dreams. Not many people in life can say they’ve made everything they’ve ever wanted to happen to actually happen. We’re a special breed. I guess that’s why during your time, you had a lot of people that disliked you. More than people that liked you and makes sense why some people dislike me. But at the end of the day, I’m really glad we had that in common.
 â€

That smile starting to cross back over her lips. Again finding that small amount of joy that she could in an otherwise pretty sad and depressing situation.

“ If you aren’t here to enjoy this with me. If you aren’t here to give me the proper advice going forward, and if you aren’t here to be that big brother I’ve always wanted. Then in my opinion I am left with no real option but to make sure that your legacy is remembered. Only way I know how to do that is to keep the name alive in the wrestling business. I need to make sure that as long as I’m wrestling. I never shame your name or the legacy you built for yourself. I have to be as good as you were. Which, I’ve got a long-long way before that’s ever going to be the case. But at the same time I refuse to give up. I’m going to keep getting better. I’m going to ensure that I am one of the best women’s wrestlers to ever compete in SCW. I’m going to be one of the best women’s wrestlers to ever compete in the business. A goal that might seem too hard. A dream that might seem impossible. To which means nothing to people like us. ”

Keeping that smile spread across her lips. Cadence found herself starting to get up to her feet, slowly pushing herself up. Once she was fully in a standing position. She reached out and placed her petite hand on the headstone looking down at it. Her gaze still looking at the engraving on the front of it.

“ In the end all I can hope for is that you’re looking down and watching everything that I do with a big smile on your face. As long as that’s the case then I know that I’ve done your memory and your legacy the right kind of honor. And when we see each other again. I hope to hear the words: “I’m proud of you” for they would mean the world to me. For now though, rest easy big brother. ”

Patting her hand gently on top of the headstone. Cadence then found herself turning around and starting to walk down the same path she had walked up to reach the headstone of her deceased brother. Bringing her hand up to her eye. Using her thumb to wipe away a small tear that had formed. There was so much in her life that she had already had to deal with at the age of twenty one that it should have broken her. Yet no one knew it and no one would ever know it as long as she kept fighting the way she has been. As long as she kept going forward and as long as she kept giving it all that she had. Going forward is what she would do, right back to the Arizona on Sunday. For all eyes would be on her once again as people would see if she was truly ready with her first title defense taking place.

● SLAYING THE DRAGON ●

Less than twenty four hours from now Sin City Wrestling would find themselves invading Tucson, Arizona. It would be the first time in two weeks where Mark Ward and Christian Underwood were back in control after the Queen and the King for the day had a chance to show what they were capable of. That being said in their first match back it seemed that they decided to give the fans a treat by having two title matches taking place. In the main event Crimson was scheduled to defend the SCW Roulette Championship. Then when it came to the other title match the SCW Bombshell Roulette Champion, Cadence Carter would be putting her championship on the line for the first time since winning the title back at High Stakes.

It was one of the matches that were becoming one of the most talked about matches of the week and it was a match that many people wanted to see. For the obvious reasons. That being said a lot of people were wanting to know how the champion was going to respond to the news of her defending the championship. Well that being said it wasn’t going to be too long at all before those people got a chance to hear from their champion. Cameras found themselves rolling in at that particular moment. Cadence found herself standing right outside of the very building she was set to compete in a day from now. She had that championship displayed on her shoulder and a bright smile on her face. She wasted no time at all beginning to speak and address SCW.

C A D E N C E ● C A R T E R
[ scw roulette champion ]
“ I am twenty eight days into my reign as the Sin City Wrestling Bombshell Roulette Championship. Twenty eight days in and I find myself set to compete in my very first title defense. To which I’ll be honest with you. I am a little surprised by this title defense. For a couple of reasons exactly. The first being that I am surprised that it took the company twenty eight days before they decided to have me defend the championship. ”

Taking a brief moment to pause. Letting it register that all of this was a surprise to her.

“ I’m surprised because I figured that there were people within the company that didn’t see me as a valuable champion. Maybe not so much the men in charge, but I figured that there was someone on this roster that didn’t see me as much of anything. Let alone as a great Bombshell Roulette Champion. Therefore I figured that that person would eventually get in the right ear which would then lead to me defending my title right away. Not that it would have been a problem for me. The moment I won this title from Samantha Marlow. I had every intentions of being a fighting champion.

I’ll defend the title every single week if that’s what it came down to. Did not make a difference to me because I want to prove just how good I am. Against whatever talent that SCW wants to throw at me. Whether they’re better than me, as good as me, or not so good as me. I’d been down to face anyone at any given time. To which kind of brings me to the second reason I was shocked when it came to my very first title defense as the Bombshell Roulette Champion. For the person I’ll meet in the middle of the ring at Climax Control this Sunday is the self proclaimed Dragon herself, Trinity Jones.
”

Cadence nodded her head a little bit. Trinity Jones was slowly but surely starting to make a reputation for herself. It was a slow build in getting her name out there, but at the same time it was happening. Right away it was a given that Cadence was going to find herself in a challenge. However at the same time it was a challenge that Cadence would accept and take on without a problem at all.

“ Now like I said, I’m down with facing every single woman on this roster. There isn’t a fight that I won’t take. But at the same exact time this came as a surprise. I figured that before Samantha Marlow chose to ride off into the sunset. That she would capitalize on a rematch. After all she is technically owed one after being the former champion. Not to mention when you look at the times the two of us had each other in the ring. It was a bit of an instant classic if you will. For whatever reason Samantha and I just clicked. In clicking the two of us ended up putting on one hell of a show.

The very first time we met in the center of the ring for the championship. I wasn’t as ready as I could have been. Now, I won’t make excuses or take anything away from Samantha. Like I’ve said before she’s a great talent and there is a reason she held the championship for as long as she did. But the truth was, I was not as ready as I could have been. Therefore because I made that mistake. Samantha made sure that I paid for it. She showed me how good she was and then made sure that my goal of being champion was stalled. She defeated me and showed me that I had a lot to learn.

That loss though did prepare me for the next time that the two of us did face each other. In which I made sure was sooner rather than later when I pulled out all the stops to win that contendership. Only to march myself into High Stakes and showed Samantha what I could truly be capable of. In the end it didn’t matter the stipulation and it didn’t matter what Samantha tossed at me. I was far too much for her to overcome and the gold went home with me. That left us at one win a piece. That’s a tie and to some people that wouldn’t make one person over the other better. To some people that leaves a lot of questions unanswered.

I happen to be one of those people. I have to question, what would happen if the two of us faced off one more time? Would I be the winner? Would I still keep this championship? Or would this be a situation where Samantha was the one that walked out with her hand raised in victory and the title right back around her waist? Is it a situation where I got lucky? Was my win a fluke? All of these questions with no answers. Which is why I expected that the two of us would be seeing one another in at least one more match. But it seems that retirement and riding off into the sunset is way more important to Samantha. Good for her.
”

Those few words that came out of her mouth was show casing the amount of respect that Cadence had for her. Granted there was a lot going on with he said/she said kind of stuff in regards to Samantha and Cadence’s last time in the ring together. At the same time based on what people were saying. It didn’t appear that Cadence felt the need to have anything to say about that situation. Seemingly moving right along.

“ That being said though, as much as I might have been shocked. I realize now what the goal is and what I am up against. You see for the most Miss Jones. You’re a little bit of a mystery. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but because you’re a little bit of a mystery. It’s kind of heard to judge what I am up against. But after doing the right thing and doing a little bit of research. I’ve come to understand that you’re not that much different from me. By that I mean, you’re a lady on the roster that is doing her best to find her way. In the sense that you’re trying figure just exactly where you fit in around here. Trust me as someone that has been in that exact spot. It’s not easy and it’s not very fun at all. To be quite frank, it sucks. ”

Cadence spoke with some real emotion in her voice. Nodding her head just a little bit as she spoke.

“ At the end of the day though as I am sure you’re starting to understand. That’s part of the business. You’re going to struggle more so in the early stages of coming into a company than you will in the later stages. Because by then you’ll have your feet up and under you. You’ll have thousands upon thousands of fans and you will have showcased your talent a numerous of times. Right now it’s just rough. I have seen some of those matches you’ve had Trinity and there’s no denying that you’ve got quite a bit of talent. You’re going to one day have a very-very bright future here in Sin City Wrestling. Heck, even if you choose to leave one day. You’re going to find a lot of success outside of the company.

However from an outside perspective Trinity. Allow me to give you a little bit of advice and that advice is simply this. In the year two thousand and seventeen. In today’s world of wrestling, it takes a lot more than being a great wrestler to go on to be one of the best and to become a champion. Allow me to elaborate on that. I get it, you’re this bad ass woman that is just a beast in the ring. But what are you doing to connect with the fans? What are you doing to make yourself more approachable by those fans? What steps are being taken for the company to put more stock behind you? What is that you’re doing to make yourself more marketable to Sin City Wrestling? Because from what I can see, you’re not doing anything at all.
”

She went from nodding her head to shaking her head. It was a shake of disappointment more than anything else. Her eyes remained locked on the cameras. It was like she was speaking directly to Trinity at that moment. Based on that Cadence was sure there would be some type of response to it, but she was far from done when it came to speaking her mind.

“ Now don’t sit there and think for a second that I am carrying myself to be better than you. Or that I am sitting here pretending that I’ve got all the answers. That’s not the case at all. I never consider myself truly better than anyone. Especially not when I’ve only been wrestling close to two years and I know that I’ve got so much more to learn. By no means at all do I have a grasp on everything. I myself and still learning quite a bit with every night that I step into that right. But at the same time what I have understood is that there is much more to wrestling than the actual wrestling part.

Like I said you’ve got to be approachable, you’ve got to make a connection with the fans, and you’ve got to put yourself in a position where you’re very marketable. That’s what the higher ups are looking for in SCW. Someone that can without a doubt help build SCW to that next level. The company is always in search of their next big star. Right now, I wouldn’t consider myself a star. I however would say that I’ve made a connection with many of the fans that show up. I would say that I’ve made myself as marketable as I can be. And I would say that I am one of the most approachable people on the roster.

But there’s also one other thing about me that I would say that does stand out compared to you. Every single time I touch a microphone or every single time I step between the ring ropes. I can draw emotion out of every single fan that is sitting in that seats. Speaking a couple of words and I can make an entire crowd cheer for me. By just a couple of moves in that ring, I can make people get behind me and root on my success. Even if things aren’t going my way. Even if I’m out there getting my behind handed to me. My connection with the fans is so deep. You can hear them chanting, rooting me on, and wanting me back in it.
”

There was a small trail of goosebumps starting to form on the back of Cadence’s neck. It’s like she could hear those people cheering for her at that exact moment. Truth be told there was nothing like having an entire crowd cheer for you. It was something that couldn’t even be put into words. It was one of the best feelings one could get out of the professional wrestling world.

“ Can the same be said for you, Trinity? And of course, I’m not being sarcastic when I say that. It’s a legitimate question to which I want an answer to. Because from an outside perspective and from what I’ve seen by standing outside of the picture. I’ve never seen the entire crowd in unison get behind you. Every match you have. You’ve got a few fans that will cheer for you and a few chants that are pulling for you to win, but those are the fans that appeal to your style of just being a wrestler. However the majority of fans don’t know what to make of you. The majority of fans are sometimes cheering for the wrong person. All because you’ve never made a connection with them or gave them a reason to support you.

And maybe in the end that’s your goal. Maybe just maybe Trinity, you don’t want a connection with the crowd. Maybe just maybe you don’t want them cheering for you. But at the same time I’ve got to be honest with you. Those fans that are in the stands every single night. They are what makes and breaks us. For a lot of people that is a very hard pill for them to swallow. But I realize things for how they are. If those fans like you, you can have one great career and one that might seem easy. But at the same time if those fans hate you. It’s going to be a lot tougher than anything else you’ve experienced and it will cause your career to stall at moments. Then it’ll depend on just how good you are to overcome all of that.
”

Letting those words come out of her mouth was a way to get Trinity to think about everything that Cadence was saying. She was doing her best to put things into perspective and doing her best to possibly get her opponent to think outside the box a little bit when it came to what she was going to be faced with in twenty four hours. Then again people weren’t going to listen if they didn’t want to listen. That’s something that Cadence herself had began to understand. Not everyone wanted to hear the truth and not everyone wanted to be helped.

“ Trinity, I am not telling you how to go about your business or how to go about your career. That’s not me at all, but all I am doing is pointing out the facts of life. Or more so the facts to how things work around here. If you don’t want to make a connection with the crowd and you want to take the hard road. Then by all means you go ahead and do just that. Though once again playing devil’s advocate here. I just got done saying that if you take that road. It’s going to be a tough one and you’re going to have to be pretty damn good to be able to overcome things.

And like I said you’re good. You’re a very good wrestler, but are you that good? Because as I’d like to point out. Your win loss record here in SCW hasn’t been the best. I don’t know how many matches you’ve won or how many you’ve lost. But at the same time I do know that you’ve lost way more than you’ve won. Sure, you’ve given it quite the efforts. You fight hard and you fight with everything you’ve got. In the end though it’s lead to a lot more losses than wins. So, the question I have for you is are you sure this is the path you want to go down? Are you sure that you really want to take the hard road over the easy one?

And in case just mentioning that isn’t enough to paint the picture for you Trinity, then I do have one last thing to get off my chest. One last little tid bit of information. I’m the Bombshell Roulette Champion for a reason. I’ve obviously proved that I’ve got some of the talent between those ring ropes. I can also prove that my win-loss record is just a tad bit better than yours. I’ve won more than I’ve lost. Then of course there is the fact that I do have those fans firmly behind me. The moment the two of us are in the middle of that ring with each other. Hundred to thousands of people are going to be cheering for me.

They’re going to want me to win. Nothing that you do when we step into the ring with each other is going to be well-received. By making yourself not approachable and not having a connection with the crowd has prevented us from being able have an instant classic. It has prevented the two of us from having the crowd rooting both of us on and has prevented us from having a possible five star match. It isn’t going to be even. It’ll be one sided. So, do you think you’re ready for that? Do you think you’re ready to have an entire arena rooting against you? And do you really think that you’re truly prepared to be in the ring with me?
”

That was a question that Cadence was asking, but it was also a question that a lot of other fans were asking. This was going to be Trinity’s first shot at the championship. It very well might even have been the biggest match of her career. Therefore was this a moment that she had taken the time to prepare for. Was this a moment in which Trinity had saw coming and did what she could to make sure she made the most of the opportunity. That was very much in the air and no one would know the answer to it until the two of them stood in the ring with one another.

“ If it were me and I had to answer for you. I don’t think you’re truly ready for any of that. It’s a different ball-game when you’ve got an entire crowd against you. I’ve dealt with that one time. In my very first match before I signed with SCW. Hearing an entire arena be against you and want you to fail is not something that is fun to deal with. It certainly does play a role on your mindset. They did get inside of my head and it did make me question myself. On that night, I had one of the worst matches I’ve ever had. Even if I did win that match. It was crap. It was sloppy and it made me never want to wrestle again. All because I let the crowd get to me because they didn’t like me. This goes back to what I said before. Those fans decide on a lot of things. Those wrestling fans have a lot of pull and they decide on a lot of things with this business.

Therefore being in that position before Trinity. I don’t believe that you yourself are ready to have an entire arena truly against you. I don’t believe for a single second that you’re going to adjust well to having those fans booing you all the way and cheering for me the entire time. That’s going to play a role on your mindset and it is going to beat you up in a mental aspect. It’s going to wear you down and it’s going to make you question a lot of things. Therefore proving my point that you weren’t ready for this situation just yet. Much like I think it’ll be a matter of time before you learn first hand that you weren’t truly ready to be in the ring with me just yet. Like I’ve said before. You’re good and I’m sure you’ll give it everything you’ve got, but will it be enough? In the end, I don’t think that’s the case at all. You’re not ready to be the SCW Bombshell Roulette Championship.
”

Standing there looking right at the cameras. Cadence began to shake her head from side to side. There was a very good chance Trinity might not have liked what she heard. There was a chance that she might have considered that to be disrespectful. There was even a chance that some fans would think that way too. At the same time though as Cadence had said in the past. She knows she can’t please everyone and she wasn’t going to try. Not to mention she shouldn’t have been sorry for what she believed in. Holding her head up high as she lifted the championship from her shoulder.

“ This is something I’ve worked hard to achieve. This is something I’ve wanted ever since I got into the wrestling business. And most of all this is something that I don’t want to let go of anytime soon. Therefore I’m going to fight with everything I’ve got to ensure that it stays with me. That’s not the type of fight, you’re prepared for. You think this is just another match and you think this is just another chance to prove yourself. But that’s not the case, Trinity. Instead this is the real deal. This is the big time and you aren’t ready for that. That’s why I can say when Climax Control comes to an end. I’ll not only be known as the SCW Bombshell Roulette Champion, but I’ll also have a new name. It’ll be the Dragon Slayer, because rather you believe it or not. You’re getting slayed on Sunday! ”

That confidence in Cadence’s voice seemed to stand out more now than ever before. After all she had told SCW several times before. She had to have confidence in herself. Because if she didn’t believe in herself then no one else would believe in her. It was that confidence that was making her a star in her own right. It was that confidence that had helped her secure a victories It was that confidence that helped her become the SCW Roulette Bombshell Champion. It was also that same confidence that could in fact play a role in her match against Trinity Jones. With the cameras fading to black, it left everyone wondering what was going to happen when the two of them did meet. It was going to be a match no one wanted to miss.