Author Topic: ● DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK ●  (Read 286 times)

Offline GUY

• View Profile
● DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK ●
« on: July 21, 2017, 05:51:57 PM »
 OOC: This is not the best, but I didn't want to no show. I've got to work and I'm not sure if I'll even be off work before the deadline. It's one of those things. Can't control it.
Maybe next time I'll manage time better / won't have to work extra shifts I'm not meant to be working because people quit.

\'user

● KNOCKED DOWN ●

The biggest event that SCW produced all summer long Summer XXXTreme Five was very much under way. Fans could be heard cheering loudly as they were enjoying whatever action was taking place at the time. However there was one person that wasn’t as chipper or as great of a mood as everyone else. That someone happened to be none other than Cadence Carter. The young woman had managed to find herself a quiet little corner on the gigantic cruise ship they were all on for the next day or so. At this point they had been on for over a week and it was getting a little old, but it would be coming to an end soon enough. Nevertheless she found this quiet little corner to herself and just sat there.

Her eyes were shifted to the ground. Her hair was a sweaty mess. Sweat could be seen dripping down her arms and down her abs. Made a lot of sense considering it wasn’t that long ago that she had just been in the ring. The night hadn’t been very good for her. Seeing as Cadence had taken her first loss since arriving to Sin City Wrestling. It wasn’t like he record was anything truly special. She was two wins and zero losses in, but now she was two and one. Wasn’t something to be that upset over. Wins and losses were apart of the business. Though the thing about this young woman was she took everything so serious. Everything she put her heart and soul into meant the world to her. So coming up short was a bigger deal to her than what it would have been to some.

At that moment peeking her head around the corner was none other than Pussy Willow. She looked back at the camera crew that she was with. Holding up a finger almost as she was signaling for “one second” before they all started rushing in with their usual tendencies. She headed around the corner and took a couple steps towards Cadence. Clearing her throat a little as a way to get the attention of the California native. Sure enough Cadence looked up at her.

C A D E N C E ● C A R T E R
the future headliner
“... Oh, hi.”

P U S S Y ● W I L L O W
the inside scoop
“Looks like right now is a bad time. I was wondering when you might be able to give some exclusive comments for the website?”

the future headliner
“Now is fine. Guess it’s as good of time as any right?”

P U S S Y ● W I L L O W
the inside scoop
“If you insist, just looks like right now you’re taking the loss a little rough. Didn’t want to put you on the spot right away.”

the future headliner
“Well, no one is going to take their first loss very well. But it isn’t just about the loss tonight, it is about the performance I had in general. That was the worst I had ever had in my young career. I know I could do better and people deserved to see better.”

She had a small amount of sadness in the tone of voice that she was using. Cadence started to push herself up from where she was sitting and getting herself in a standing up right position.

P U S S Y ● W I L L O W
the inside scoop
“I might not be a performer in the ring, but I’ve had my fair share of fumbles and mishaps doing my job. There has been plenty of times that I know that I could perform better, but it didn’t happen. That’s part of life. You can’t let it define you. You get back up and you do better next time.”

the future headliner
“I never said that I was going to let this define me. That’s the last thing I am going to do, especially when I know that I can perform better than I did. But at the same time until that chance comes for me to redeem myself. All people are going to remember this horrible performance. All people are going to remember is how poorly I did in that ring. They say you’re only as good as your last match and this match wasn’t good.”

P U S S Y ● W I L L O W
the inside scoop
“By your standards of yourself it wasn’t good. There’s nothing wrong for putting pressure on yourself and there’s nothing wrong with expecting yourself to do better than what you did. But also you have to look at it like this. Tonight those fans were cheering for you. Tonight those fans loved everything that you were doing out there. A lot of people are looking at you as one of the future women on the roster. Win, lose, or draw. You had the crowd and they loved you. They enjoyed what they saw. Sometimes that’s way more important than having your hand raised in victory.”

the future headliner
“We all look at things differently. I am thrilled that I could hear the crowd cheering for me. I am grateful than I’ve gained some fans and that they think I have a bright future. It has been a truly humbling experience, but that’s why I need to do  better. Because those same fans deserve to see better at me. They deserve to see me performing at my best. They deserve to see me at the top level. And they’re going to get that soon. Right now I can’t change what happened. I have to deal with it. It’s a heard pill to swallow, but eventually I’ll be given a platform to be able to bounce back.”

A bit of a deep sigh escaped the lips of Cadence. She truly sounded determined, but at the same time it sounded like what had happened in the ring was bothering her a whole lot more than she was willing to lead on.

the future headliner
“I’ll tell you what though. Since you’re presenting me the opportunity to wait until I’ve collected my thoughts and have a better head on my shoulders before I talk about tonight’s loss. I’m going to take you up on the offer. I do feel like getting my head on straight and understanding what happened out there is best.”

Nodding her head a little bit. Cadence made her way right on past Pussy without making any more eye contact. Pussy Willow had turned herself around to watch as Cadence made her way away from her. She had taken just a couple of steps and turned around the corner. Thankfully in doing so she wasn’t around anyone at all. Cadence found herself alone again. Something that she needed to finish collecting her thoughts. Taking a couple of steps towards the side of the cruise ship for that brief moment. Looking out at the moon as it caused the deep blue waters to glow. There was something about this that seemed so settling. Something about this that told her that somehow someway she was going to end up being alright. Soon, SCW would see what Cadence Carter was truly capable of.

● DON’T CALL IT A COMEBACK ●

Since the sun had come out the heat in Los Angeles had been damn near unbearable. It was so hot that the moment you walked outside it felt like your breath was being taken away from you right away. As hot as it was, this day didn’t prevent the young Cadence Carter from dragging her behind out of bed. Not just dragging her behind out of bed, but it didn’t prevent her from engaging in her mid-day jog. Coming back to the apartment complex that she lived in. every inch of the short blonde was covered in sweat. For a moment she grabbed the gate in front of the apartment and leaned against it to catch her breath. That sun beating down on her didn’t let up, but this was the price one paid to be a wrestler.

Finally standing up up right. Cadence used her the back of her wrist to wipe away the sweat forming on her brow. Then pushing open the gate to her apartment complex she began to walk in. Pulling her iPhone out of her back pocket. Seeing the several notifications that have popped up. Some ranging from text messages to twitter notifications and even some of them being Snapchat. Despite not being that big of a deal at this moment in her life. She was a pretty popular woman. Holding her phone up, Cadence tapped on the camera option on her phone. Bringing up the video portion and began to speak directly to her phone.

the future headliner
“Ladies and gents. Boys and Girls. Children of all ages. Even kittens, puppies, and adorable mini pigs all around the world. Allow me to reintroduce myself. I am Cadence Carter. Some call me a future headliner, but none the less I am a SCW superstar. Something that I take pride in. Although after my last performance, I could very easily see why people might question that logic. I could very easily see why people might wonder if I truly am proud of being a superstar for this company.”

A large smile was spread across the young woman’s lips. That type of a smile seemed to support her logic when it came to her being proud.

the future headliner
“My first couple of matches I had in this company were matches where people didn’t expect me to do very well in. Both matches people were almost betting one me to lose. Which honestly it doesn’t offend me, nor do I hold it against someone. I’ve been wrestling on the professional level for under a year now. Most girls I’ve been in the ring with have had more experience than me and without a doubt it makes sense to put money on them. However, I ended up finding a way to get through those matches. Found a way to end up with a win. Then in my first pay per view match. I had some people actually rooting for me. I had some people that thought I might be able to take that win. But then I ended up dropping the freakin’ ball.”

There was a slight change in her facial expressions. A very small pout consumed her lips. Her forehead wrinkling up a little bit.

the future headliner
“I will openly admit that was the worst performance I have ever had inside of a wrestling ring. Trust me, I know that by being in this business less than a year that I am going to have some bad matches. Especially when there is so much to learn, but on that night I let my inexperience show in the worst way. Pretty much, I went out there crapped the bed as the expression usually goes. I felt like I let down so many people on that night. I let down the few people that believed in me and that thought I could go the distance. I let down friends and family that have been supporting me on this journey. I even let down the opponents I was in the ring with. Although, I might not have truly liked either one of them. Point still is they deserved me at my best and they didn’t get that. Needless to say I am not very pleased with myself.”

Cadence proceeded to shake her head from side to side. Each word that came out of her mouth describing the loss that she took at Summer XXXTreme basically summed up how she felt. It was something that she was beating herself up over. It was a pretty bad loss, but at the same time losses happen like wins happen.

the future headliner
“Over the last few weeks in thinking about it. I’ve been beating myself up over it. But at the same time as much as I’ve beaten myself up over it. I also told myself that the first chance that I was presented with to redeem myself that I was going to do just that. The first chance I got to bounce back from such a horrible performance I was going to do what needed to be done to ensure that happened. That being said this coming Sunday, I have been informed that I’ll be competing at Climax Control. More importantly, I’ll find myself in the ring with one of the members to the Elders. Going one on one with Alana Allure. And honestly, from the moment I found out about this match. That’s where my attention has been.”

All of the sudden this sound of confidence had taken over Cadence’s voice.

the future headliner
“This might upset Alana, but at the same time I am not going to be someone that lies. The truth be told I don’t know much about Alana, other than the fact that she’s part of the Elders. Which honestly, the only thing I know about the Elders is that at one point in time they used to be a big group. At one point in time they used to be one of the biggest things going in SCW. Heck, even one of the biggest things going in professional wrestling. Kind of seemed like everyone knew who they were. But from what I’ve established in the last few years. The Elders have lost most of their hype. At this point they’re kind of just there. Again, that’s not meant to be disrespectful or to upset anyone. Although, it is just me stating the facts and seeing what I see. Not to mention from what I’ve established Alana has never truly been anything on her own...”

For a moment there was a very brief pause that consumed the air. Almost like Cadence was letting those words kind of sink in a little bit. There seemed to be a small edge coming from Cadence thus far. An edge that no one had seen out of her the first couple of matches she had under the SCW banner.

the future headliner
“All the respect in the world to you, Alana. You’re a woman that has actually stepped between those ropes and therefore you instantly get respect. It doesn’t matter if you’ve never been a big name on your own. It doesn’t matter if you’ve been attached to the Elders the entire time or not. You’ve stilled stepped into the ring and like I said because of that you get respect. Truth be told, I am actually looking forward to getting into the ring with you. Based on the fact that I know you’ve been around slightly longer than I have and with that being said I know that being in the ring with someone that has more experience than you do, means that you’re going to learn something. At the same time though Alana. I intend to make you learn a thing or two about me in the process. Course the most important thing I want you to learn is that there will not be any quit in me.”

Cadence made sure to let her eyes look directly in the lense of the camera on her phone. She displayed a set of series eyes as a way to tell the story of just how much she truly meant business.

the future headliner
“From what I understand this is your return to singles actions in quite sometime. There is a chance that you could be a little rusty. After all it is a different dynamatic when you got to be in the ring by yourself and rely on yourself the entire time. There isn’t going to be someone to tag in the moment you get tired. There isn’t going to be someone to tag in the moment that you find yourself in a little bit of trouble. There isn’t going to be someone else to lean on to help you get the job done and to get the win. It’s all going to be you. Something, I am sure that you’re more than aware of. But this being your first match that’s been one on one in a while. I imagine that it’s going to be a tad bit difficult. Guess that’s one advantage I do have. I’ve never had to rely on anyone or been in a situation where I’ve needed to work as a team. It’s always been me from the start and it’ll always be me in the end. Although, I honestly hope that you’ve been preparing for this match as hard as I’ve been preparing.”

Those words that escaped the young woman’s mouth sounded like they were a warning, more than just a suggestion. Once again seemed to be a matter of where Cadence was asserting herself a little more.

the future headliner
“Like I said in the last match I had. I dropped the ball and I made a complete fool of myself. That is something that I have to bounce back from. Every chance I have gotten. I’ve been in the gym. I’ve been working on my cardio. I have been linking up with my trainer and going over new moves in the ring. I’ve been working on my in ring awareness. Heck, you name it. I’m doing everything that I can to improve it. Because I never want to be as embarrassed as I was ever again. It’s alright to lose. You’re not going to win them all, but to have the performance that I had. That’s simply unacceptable. So, you see Alana I have been busting my behind for this match. Not because I am against you. No offense or anything, but it’s the match that is making me push heard. It’s the match in general that is making me make sure I step my game up. That is why I hope that you give it everything you got. That is why I hope you have been preparing and training as hard as I have. Because if you haven’t, then I hate to break it to you sister but you’re going to get blown out of the water.”

Sure enough that last sentence was going to be something that stuck out in the mind of her opponent. Without a doubt it was pretty obvious that Cadence was going to be prepared when Climax Control came around.

the future headliner
“Folks, don’t refer this as the comeback of Cadence Carter. Instead you can call it the Arrival of a Headliner!”

With those words escaping her lips. Cadence proceeded to blow a kiss towards the phone in her hand. That was the final message so to speak as she hit the button that stopped the recording. This was going to be something that would have the fans of SCW talking when it was officially released to see. Maybe more importantly than that it was going to have Alana Allure paying a little more attention to Cadence than she might have been already. Needless to say when Climax Control rolled around on Sunday Night. The fans were going to find themselves getting a real treat. Two ladies with something to prove laying it all on the line for the sake of their enjoyment and for the sake of a win.