Author Topic: The Andrews Invitational Begins  (Read 273 times)

Offline Shane Hawthorne

• Five Feet of Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Violet Amelia Holt
The Andrews Invitational Begins
« on: May 26, 2017, 09:40:32 PM »

\'user
Viewer Discretion is Advised

Night had fallen in Las Vegas as Travis Nathaniel Andrews was standing on his balcony holding a glass filled with Knob Creek Old Kentucky Bourbon. A slick smirk was sitting on his lips as he looked out at the puddles forming from the heavy rainstorm that was running through Nevada. Travis was enjoying the peaceful sounds from the rainfall as soft footsteps echoed across the tile floor in his bedroom. A woman with long red hair draped across her shoulder steps out onto the balcony while holding a cigarette in her between her fingers on her right hand. A small trail of smoke escapes from her mouth as Travis keeps his eyes pointed toward the horizon.

“What can I do for you Ureka?” he asks while taking a slow sip from his glass. “Oh I think you know what you can do Travis,” she answers while taking her left index finger and running it along his shoulder. Travis snickers a little before grabbing her hand and bringing her in front of him. “Is your brother willing to meet with me?” he asks before softly kissing the back of her hand. Ureka takes a long drag of her cigarette and lifting her eyes up towards the awning covering them. She slowly blows the smoke out of her mouth. “He will meet with you but only if you can guarantee the money is worth it,” she states.

Travis releases her hand and turns half right face as his eyes land on the small building next to the house. “Just set the meeting up Ureka,” he replies while taking a bigger sip from his bourbon. He swirls it inside his mouth before letting the liquid slip down his throat. Ureka takes one final drag from her cigarette before slamming into the copper colored ashtray sitting on a small white round table. “I’ll try my best but you have to understand Travis. My brother isn’t someone you should fuck with if this deal goes south,” she warns Travis. “I understand the consequences,” he assures her. Ureka sighs a little before giving him a small peck on the cheek. “It might take me some time,” she says as she wipes off his cheek with her thumb. “You have three days,” he states.

Ureka nods her head before turning to walk back inside the house. She stops at the bed and picks up her purse. “I’ll call when I land,” she says while reaching into her bag and pulling out her umbrella. “Okay,” he remarks without turning his head. His eyes turn back to the horizon as a streak of lightning cuts across the sky like a knife. Ureka sighs again. She tosses her purse onto her right shoulder when her eyes see Shawna standing in the doorway. “Take care of him,” says Ureka as Shawna looks confused.

Shawna looked like she had just woke up as her shoulder length brown hair was still tied up into a bun. Her eyes were a little puffy as her cheeks looked a little flushed. “Everything alright boss,” she says while rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. “Yes,” he responds while turning to face his personal assistant. “My god Shawna,” he shouts when his eyes land on her. “You look like hell,” he retorts while placing his glass down. “I just woke up,” she says. Travis walks over toward the wall and presses the talk button on his intercom. “Gerald,” he calls through the speaker. “Yes, how may I be of service sir?” answers Gerald as he was standing near the front door. “Bring Shawna a cup of coffee and bring me some food,” he orders.

“Right away sir,” Gerald calls back while moving towards the kitchen. “Boss, what is going on?” asks Shawna as her voice breaks. “Jared Langston is looking to do business with us but I don’t know much about him,” he answers vaguely. Shawna wipes her eyes more while Travis keeps his eyes pointed away from her. “If that’s the case then why was that bimbo here?” asks Shawna. “What bimbo?” Travis asks cautiously. Shawna looks over at her boss before shaking her head. She knew he was up to something but it wasn’t her business to question it yet. Shawna was about to ask another question when Gerald distracts her with a cup of coffee and a tray of miniature hot pockets.

Shawna takes a sip of her coffee before taking a deep breath. “Thank you Gerald,” she says with a smile. Gerald tips his head before walking out of the room. “Boss,” she says while turning her eyes toward Travis. “What?” he questions while turning to look at her. “Have you heard from Ralph?” she asks trying to change the subject.

“N….,” Travis begins to answer when he gets interrupted from some static coming from his speakers. “What the fuck?” he asks out loud as Shawna shakes her head. They both walk out of his bedroom and notice some fancy news reporter standing in the foyer. “Who the fuck is that?” whispers Shawna as Travis looks at her. “I have no idea but I plan on finding out,” he answers.

“Can I help you?” asks Gerald as he stands with his hands positioned at his side. “Is this the home of Travis Nathaniel Andrews?” asks the reporter as Gerald gulps a bit. “I’m not at liberty to answer that question ma’am,” he answers not knowing what this reporter was looking for. “My name is Lauren Mayhew and I am a reporter for The Network,” she introduces herself as hands Gerald one of her business cards. Gerald looks at it then looks back at her. “Ma’am, if you value your career then I would suggest leaving this home,” he tries to warn her. “My career will be fine,” she assures Gerald.

Gerald is just about to respond when the sound of footsteps echo down the stairs. He looks out of the corner of his eye and notices Travis making his way down. “Ma’am, I really think you should be goin….,” Gerald starts to say when a voice cuts him off. “Lauren Mayhew, what in the hell are you doing in my house?” asks Travis as he steps down off the final stair. Both Gerald and Lauren turn their heads as they see him standing there still holding his glass of bourbon in his hand. “Hello Travis, how are you this fine day?” asks Lauren as she taps her right index finger next to her cheek.

“Cut the shit Lauren,” answers Travis as he takes a few steps further. “We both know you are looking for some kind of top story,” he says with a smirk. “Come now, the public wants to know what you plan on doing this Sunday,” implores Lauren. Travis takes a quick sip of his drink before turning towards the living room. Lauren follows him as Gerald turns to head for the kitchen. “My dear Lauren, why must you fall into that pitiful snare like all those who have gone before you,” he says with his signature smirk.

“Are you suggesting that I’m like everyone else?” she asks with a similar smirk. “I’m not suggesting anything but if you think this little fact gathering mission you are on is going to give that dog face gremlin anything to use against me then you had best get your sorry carcass out of my house,” he says without any hesitation in his words. “Are you talking about Ryan Keys?” she asks. “No, I’m talking about Jason Voorhees,” he remarks with a sarcastic tone. “Yes, I am talking about that wanna be Stretch Armstrong doll who is going to become the first person to take part in The Andrews Invitational,” he answers with anger in his voice. “Do I hint a bit of anger in your voice?” asks Lauren as she reaches inside her shoulder bag for her notepad and pen. “Give a point to the journalist who should be thanking her lucky stars that I’m even talking to rotten pig scum,” he answers while looking at the replica Roulette Championship belt positioned above his mantle.

“I will ignore that last crack you just made about reporters and ask if you can defeat him,” asks Lauren with while sitting down on the large sofa. “If I can defeat him!” shouts Travis as he slams his hand down onto the mantle. “That is the same thing people said when I faced Chris Shipman the second and third time. Do you know what happened to him Lauren?” asks Travis while clutching his fist tighter than oil drum. “This isn’t about that Travis and you know it. This is about the world proclaiming you to be nothing more than a crying little bitch,” she says with a slight chuckle underneath her breath.

“Do you think I give two shits about what the world thinks about me? If that was the case then I would have left a long time ago. Seeing that I’m looking forward to placing that wormwood fucktard into a thousand little knots, tells you that I don’t do this for the world. I do this for me. I don’t do it for the money. I just do it for the fun. You see Ryan Keys is just like everyone else. He fights for right and wanting to be famous. He dreams of being that knight in shining armor for all the sex crazed females who come to these shows looking for him to remove every article of clothing that he wears,” Travis starts while looking at Lauren. “Before you ask another stupid question, let me finish my thought first. Chris Shipman thought I was an easy target before I made him sing like a mockingbird. Which I did not once but twice. Now tell me, did Ryan Keys ever do something like that huh?” he says while looking at Lauren.

“I don’t know but Ryan….,” she starts to say, “Exactly,” Travis blurts out while cutting her off. “That’s exactly my point. Ryan hasn’t done it so tell me why should I waste my precious time on living in his dream world. What does it do for my career to face some nitwit with no true talent? It doesn’t do anything for my career but I promise you after Climax Control 180. Ryan Keys will be just another afterthought once I’m finished with him. He’s flexible body will be put to the test just like Chris Shipman was tested,” Travis pauses so he can take another sip of his bourbon. “How can you be so sure that your strategy will work?” asks Lauren as she jots a few things down onto her notepad.

“Why would I share that kind of information with you? I will say that Ryan Keys has no idea what awaits him this Sunday. He thinks it’s going to be just another match with Travis Nathaniel Andrews but that won’t be the case,” Travis answers with another smirk. “Why not?” asks Lauren with a curious look on her face. “For one, I’m not the same Travis he once faced. I have changed myself into someone with nothing to lose and everything to gain. Ryan will try his best to be another fly without wings but he will not succeed,” responds Travis. “And why is that?” replies Lauren.

“Because I’m going to splat him like a fly swatter and if you want to know how just tune into Climax Control 180,” begins Travis as he turns back toward the mantle. “Ryan will be the first of many to fall at my feet. He will join Chris Shipman on the list of those who have tapped out to me. I just hope his pathetic body can handle the torture that I put him through and if you moronic shitheads have a problem with that,” he pauses for a few minutes before looking back at Lauren. “Then cry yourselves a fucking river, build a damn bridge and deal with it,” finishes Travis before looking down at Lauren. “Now get the hell out of my house,” he orders with a smirk.

Lauren gets up off the couch and smirks back before walking off towards the door. Travis turns as the scene goes black.