Author Topic: "Luck of the Irish!”  (Read 466 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
"Luck of the Irish!”
« on: July 10, 2020, 08:44:18 PM »
 Caleb lost the opening match to Malachi (in what ended up being a Dog Pound Match, fitting as both men owned dogs, following which he participated in a Battle of the Musicians against Teddy Warren on the drums whilst he played the guitar, Caleb would win that battle but despite being set up the following week for a rematch Teddy never showed up to return the favour, however Caleb would have to refocus this week as he had another match to prepare for.

And his opponent was none other than Malachi’s brother Lachlan Kaine, this match wasn’t under Roulette Rules like the match between Caleb and Malachi nor was it opening the show like the match between Caleb and Malachi but both men could use a win with Summer XXXTreme edging closer and closer but can Caleb pick up the all-important win?

Caleb’s hotel room, Las Vegas, Nevada
Friday the 10th of June 2020, 11:00am

Remember when we could go out without masks? Or attend concerts? Good times!

Yeah as we get closer to what would’ve been the dates for this year’s Bloodstock the lockdown has been getting to me a bit, frankly the only thing that has been keeping my sanity in tact since we entered into lockdown was the SCW shows, win or lose at least I had something to keep my mind in one piece and that brings me to this week’s show and my upcoming match, once again I am competing against an Irish Wrestler.

And sure enough, my opponent happens to be the brother of my last opponent.

That’s right, I’m facing Lachlan Kaine in singles competition two weeks after facing his brother in a Dog Pound Match which I’m convinced that the bosses added to the wheel when they realised how many dog owners were on the roster, don’t try to change my mind on this, you’ll fail miserably! At least I won’t have to worry about that stip coming up again this week on account of the fact that this isn’t a Roulette Rules Match but if it does come up again and I’m in the match I’ll laugh my ass off.

Especially if it’s up against Malachi again!

Well, after years of putting it off, I finally went ahead and signed up to a Netflix account, why did I wait so long? I don’t know but my viewing habits have been all over the place, ranging from classic Yu-Gi-Oh to Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers (resulting in me trying to learn the intro theme’s riff on the guitar) to my current viewing pleasure, the 2017 reboot of Cold Case Files which I’ve been marathoning since yesterday.

And no, me and Katie have not been indulging in any Netflix and Chill, having a Labrador in the room with you makes it had to get in the mood for that!

“I swear, the NSA agent watching your Netflix account must be confused as all hell.” Katie commented with a laugh as she watched me check out the documentary series on Netflix, currently on the fifth episode. “Seriously, who goes from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers to a true crime series that opens with the rape and murder of a twelve year old girl.”

“Someone who’s bored as all hell.” I responded with a shrug as I watched the series, Lemmy was lying down next to me and I’m beginning to think that the pooch is as bored of the lockdown as I am, Katie noticed this as well and grabbed one of Lemmy’s squeaky toys and it quickly got his attention as they engaged in a tug of war. “Remember when this year was promising to be one of the most exciting in SCW history?”

“You mean when SCW was doing the homecoming tour?” Katie asked and I nodded. “Say what you will about Jessie but her in ring promo when SCW hosted a show in her home city proved that it was going to be a big moment for the SCW roster members when they reached their hometown crowds, win or lose, I know you had big plans for when SCW came to Syracuse, New York.”

“Yep, and those big plans might go out the window if Covid-19 has it’s way.” I responded as I shook my head whilst Katie lost the tug of war to Lemmy and he paraded around the room with his toy in his mouth celebrating his win. “Saying that I’m almost afraid of what July will bring and we’re already ten days into the month.””

“Based on what I’ve seen on Facebook I doubt you’re the only one thinking that, at the rate we’re going I’m expecting a split ep between Justin Bieber, Nickelback and Rebecca Black to be released next week.” Katie responded half-jokingly and I gave her a look that basically said, “don’t joke about that” and Lemmy apparently agreed as he stopped his victory parade to growl at the suggestion. “Tough crowd, you want to get your promo done?”

“Sure, the episode I was watching was wrapping up anyway.” I responded as I glanced over at the Netflix App on my laptop and whilst Katie got the camera out, I paused the episode so that I could get started on my promo.

“Two weeks ago, I lost to Malachi in a Roulette Rules Dog Pound Match which I’m convinced the bosses added to the wheel as a joke! That being said, two weeks have passed and this week I’m taking on Malachi’s brother Lachlan Kaine in single’s competition, that’s right, two back to back matches against Irish wrestlers who just happen to be brothers, literally the only differences between the two matches are that this match isn’t a Roulette Rules Match nor is it the opening match, talk about luck of the Irish!”

Obvious joke out of the way……...

“Lachlan, you’ve been in SCW longer than your brother and you’ve had more success than him being a former Mixed Tag Team Champion, singles competition wise? Your luck hasn’t been so good but then again I’m not exactly one to talk having won exactly one Roulette Title Reign two years ago when SCW rebooted but if I have my way then my fortunes will change very soon and that starts with a win over you!”

As for the rest, I’ll cross those bridges when I get to them.

“That said I’m not discounting your talent for a second Lachlan because I know you’ll at least give me a decent challenge! Especially compared to my last PPV opponent but I don’t like to talk about how I wasted my time on that idiot! And speaking of PPVs, Summer XXXTreme is right around the corner and whilst Donna did explain how they were going to do the cruise given everything that’s going on in the world at the moment last week on Climax Control I still need to pick up a win heading into that show and you are right in my crosshairs.”

And my line of sight is perfect! I think.

“This match has the potential to be a show stealer between us but personally I’m focussed on building up momentum going into this year’s Summer XXXTreme show and as far as I see it? Your just a rung on the ladder to that show that I must overcome if I want to find some success at that show and I will overcome and beat you in this match if it’s the last thing I do in an SCW Ring! Well, hopefully it won’t be the last thing I do in an SCW ring because I still have the rest of my SCW career ahead of me!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Lachlan, we both want the same thing heading into Summer XXXTReme in two weeks’ time and that’s a win so that we can build up momentum but as far as I see it? I want the win that much more and I will avenge my defeat at your brother’s hands a fortnight ago no matter what so you had better brace yourself because there’s a metal storm brewing, otherwise you’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms as I head into Summer XXXTReme!”

Katie turned off the camera as the scene fades.
user posted image