Author Topic: DOWN BUT NEVER OUT × CC  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Calvin Harris

• View Profile
DOWN BUT NEVER OUT × CC
« on: June 06, 2023, 05:54:03 PM »

[ OOC: Good luck dude! ]

Climax Control 363 had just come to a close for the night. Cameras were still rolling trying to get all the backstage footage they could. It just so happened the cameras caught a dry-blood stained Calvin Harris sitting against the wall. He was clearly in a bad state of mind. The expression was all over his face. And rightfully so after being screwed out of the SCW Heavyweight Championship earlier in the night. He brought his head up and just happened to notice the cameras there. Scoffing in disgust.

CALVIN HARRIS: Is this how you like seeing me?

His anger immediately transferred to the cameras.

CALVIN HARRIS: A bloody and broken mess? Someone that has no feeling in my left arm right now. Someone that just had to have a conversation with my seven year old who was bawling his eyes out. Asking if I was okay. Asking why I couldn’t become champion. Asking why I couldn’t stand up on my own after that match. Is this what the SCW faithful want to capture? Me in my worst moment?!

That’s when Calvin found himself pushing off the wall. Getting to a vertical basis and walking towards the cameras that were being held right on him.

CALVIN HARRIS: I don’t know why that would be the case. Since I have stepped back into this company I have been doing everything I can to prove I’m a changed man. But not just that, to also prove that I’m a guy this company can rely on. Someone that’s going to do right by it. A superstar they can be proud of having on their roster. I’ve taken every bad comment made about me. I’ve listened to all the whispers of how I couldn’t be trusted. I’ve made the most of every bad situation I have been put in. I’ve been a fighter. I’ve given everything I’ve got and I continue to fall flat on my face.

For a moment he ran his hands through his sweat and blood soaked hair. The visible frustration could be seen all over his face.

CALVIN HARRIS: I came up short in the Blast From The Past tournament. Fine, it happens. That’s on me. I should've done more. I should have been on my A-Game. So, I got back to the drawing board. And next thing you know I got some asshole accusing me of something I didn’t do. To get the heat off him. Trying to take my livelihood away. So, I get a chance to make it right and I get a chance to make that man eat his words. Only for me to drop the ball again.

I could blame it on the attack from behind. I could blame it on being busted open and losing a good amount of blood. I could even blame it on the fact he had people get involved. But the fact of the matter is... I wasn’t GOOD ENOUGH in the end. I’m the reason I’m not standing here as your SCW Heavyweight Champion. And there’s no other way to put it. No other way to slice it. No other way to put into words. I simply wasn’t good enough and it showed out there tonight. Which brings question: What’s next?!

A brief pause fell over him. Those eyes of his seemed to be filled with more emotion than he had ever shown previously. The smallest amount of water works forming in those tear tucks. Not before he was quick to wipe them away.

CALVIN HARRIS: According to everyone here. The next thing is to just throw me into another match. I haven’t even had time to process tonight. And I’m already being told, I need to be in Phoenix next week. I’m being told they’re throwing me in the ring with someone else. Not knowing what condition I might be in physically, emotionally, or mentally. I’m just another spoke in the wheel right? It’s got to keep on going. It’s got to keep on moving forward. Cause if not, if I’m holding the thing up. They’ll just pop me out and put someone else in place of me. Honestly, seems kind of fucked up to me when you break it down. Seems a little unfair in some ways.

But maybe, I’m the one in the wrong here. Maybe just maybe I’m the one that’s not thinking clearly here. Taking something way more personal than I should be. But I can’t help to feel the way I do right now. I was given a hell of an opportunity tonight. I’m thankful for that. Don’t want anyone to feel like I’m not, but at the same time. I didn’t do what I wanted to do. I didn’t do what I needed to do. I feel like I’ve let everyone down and their response is just keep moving forward. That’s what they see as what’s next, but when I look at things. I have to say it from the bottom of my heart. I don’t know what’s next. And the reason for that is, I don’t know if I believe I’m an asset to this company anymore.

Once again he found himself shaking his head from side to side.

CALVIN HARRIS: At this moment, all I can think of is... Maybe, coming back to Sin City Wrestling was a mistake. Maybe, just in general coming back to professional wrestling was a mistake. Can’t help but feel like I’m wasting the time of every single fan that buys a ticket. Can’t help but feel like I haven’t proven my worth to the likes of Christian and Mark. Can’t help but feel like I’m taking a roster spot from someone that might be a little more deserving. And after tonight, I feel like it kind of just confirmed everything. It might be time for me to go away... and maybe never come back this time.

Slightly shaking his head from side to side. He let it lower for a second. Trying to collect his thoughts in what was without a doubt a very emotional moment for him. He finally looked up and made eye contact with the lens of the camera once more.

CALVIN HARRIS: ... Just get out of my face.

Following those words Calvin cupped his hand over the lens of the camera for a moment pushing it and the cameraman backwards lightly. Long enough to pass him and start to walk down the hall. That was the last image seen. Leaving all of the SCW fans to wonder what could possibly be next, or if they did in fact see the Highlight of the Night for the very last time.

Days had passed since the last Climax Control. Ever since the one they call the Highlight of the Night had made it back home to Seattle. He had refused to talk about what happened that night. He wouldn’t watch any footage. He just wanted nothing to do with that night. It was still a very sensitive subject and rightfully so. However, at that moment he was being forced to walk down a long hallway of a very cold hospital. The words “being forced” were used because his wife Alessandra was making sure it happened. She walked side by side with him. He seemed only a little annoyed.

CALVIN HARRIS: Don’t you think this is a little dramatic?

ALESSANDRA REYNOLDS-HARRIS: Dramatic? The man is hurt, Calvin and mind you. You’re the reason that he’s hurt.

CALVIN HARRIS: I’m the reason? I’m the reason?! Nah, I’m not taking blame for that. I DIDN’T tell him to come down to the ring on Sunday. And I damn sure DIDN’T tell him to try and treat that old prick like he was an angry bull. He brought that all on himself.

ALESSANDRA REYNOLDS-HARRIS: No, you may not have directly told him to do any of that, but he did it because he’s your friend. He did it because he felt like it was the right thing to do. He did it because he was trying to see to it that you won the championship, dumbass!

Both of them stopped walking as she was giving him a little glare. Clearly not pleased with any of his words or actions up to this point. Truth be told an angry Alessandra wasn’t one he enjoyed dealing with too often. Couples have their issues from time to time but if you piss her off. It’s going to be a whole lot more than just an issue.

CALVIN HARRIS: Sure fine, I’ll entertain that as the idea. But this is still over dramatic. The man is acting like he’s dying. I took far worse of a beating than he did!

ALESSANDRA REYNOLDS-HARRIS: How dare you try to invalidate the pain he’s going through. Physical, mental, and emotional. Don’t be an asshole, Calvin!

CALVIN HARRIS: Who’s side are you even on here?! I’m your husband!

ALESSANDRA REYNOLDS-HARRIS: And that man in there is family at this point. Best friend you’ve ever had that’s for certain. So, you need to go in there. Check on him. Let him know you’re here for him.

CALVIN HARRIS: I’m not going to go in there and act...

ALESSANDRA REYNOLDS-HARRIS: Don't say make me say it twice!

The little glare in her eyes only intensified. Sighing heavily, Calvin realized this wasn’t going to be a war that he was going to win. Hell, it wouldn’t even be a battle he won. He just turned and proceeded to grab a hold of the door that they stopped in front of. Entering the room, it was clear who he was there to see. Laying there in a hospital bed with a massive bandage wrapped around his head and looking a bit on the weak side was none other than GUY. A nurse was standing there looking over his chart before looking up at him.

NURSE JOY: Well Mr. Guy, you’ve been here since Sunday and doctors can’t seem to pinpoint. The issues with the symptoms you’re telling us. We treated you for the back issue. There was no bruising of the spine or any issues with it. There’s been no head trauma. All in all, you’re looking like you’re in perfect health. We’re going to be looking to discharge you today.

Guy who had been laying there in the bed with his head tilted to the side and looking off into the distance. Slowly and very weakly turned his head towards the nurse speaking in a low tone.

GUY: ... I ... guess ... that’s ... okay!

NURSE JOY: Honestly, sir. There isn’t much we can do for you. We see nothing wrong, and at this point. It’s wasting our hospital’s resources and forcing you to pay more for no reason.

GUY: You’re ... the ... expert ... on the ... matter.

CALVIN HARRIS: Oh cut the shit. Dude!

As soon as those words came out of Calvin’s mouth. The Nurse and Guy quickly turned their head in his direction. Calvin taking a step towards the hospital bed.

CALVIN HARRIS: Get your overdramatic ass up out of this bed. So someone that actually needs it can have it. Acting like you got thrown out of a third story window or some shit.

NURSE JOY: Excuse me sir, but I don’t think that’s any way to talk to a patient. Regardless of their actual medical condition.

CALVIN HARRIS: Listen lady go back to nineteen ninety eight and jump into a gameboy color alright? I’m trying to help you more than anything here.

The gasp that escaped that woman’s mouth said it all. She was more than offended and didn’t like what was being said. She found herself turning and quickly leaving the room. Leaving just the two friends alone for the time being. Guy just looked up at him. Still with that ‘weak’ stare and speech.

GUY: ... Calvin ... you came ... after all.

CALVIN HARRIS: Motherfucker! I’m not playing with you. This isn’t a scene from ET. Get your ass up. We’re going home.

GUY: ... Guy ... Guy .... Guy Phone Home!

Instantly, Calvin found himself rolling his eyes a little bit. He grabbed a hold of the blankets and proceeded to pull them up. Before forcing Guy to sit up in the bed.

CALVIN HARRIS: I got my ass handed to me on Sunday and I’m walking around just fine. If you can’t take a little ass whooping from time to time. Then wrestling isn’t for you.

GUY: ... But you’re not... champion.

CALVIN HARRIS: What the hell does that have to do with anything right now? I’m more than aware, I didn’t leave with the championship, numb nuts. I don’t really need to be reminded of the shortcomings.

GUY: ... That’s ... all ... I ... wanted.

CALVIN HARRIS: You ain’t the only one dude. Being champion would be nice, but shit happens from time to time. I should have seen it coming.

GUY: ... I ... failed ... you!

For a moment there was silence amongst the two of them. It had actually begun to set in on Calvin, just exactly why this situation had taken place. It was clear why Guy was being overdramatic with the entire situation. He put blame on himself that he had no business doing. Calvin stood there as he slightly shook his head.

CALVIN HARRIS: Nah man, you didn’t fail me.

Shaking his head for a brief second.

CALVIN HARRIS: You did more that night than some of the people I came up in this business with. You did more that night than people I once brought into this company to have my back years ago. You did more in that match than a lot of people would have. You knew from the start. Things weren’t going to be fair. You knew from the jump off. It was going to be a whole lot of bullshit. And you made sure to jump the gun. Kick that shit off right. Honestly, have to say seeing that dementia ridden fuck storm around the ring like an angry bull is some of the funniest shit I’ve ever seen.

That night may have been a little bit of a blurr. He had really gotten his bell rung that night, but for the most part he could remember it. He had a small smirk spread across his lips reliving that memory.

CALVIN HARRIS: It stings that I didn’t leave with the SCW Heavyweight Championship, but it isn’t your fault. Just like it isn’t your fault that I didn’t win Blast From The Past. That’s all on me. I have to dig down deep and find myself again. I gotta find that talent I once had. The last thing I want to be known for is the guy that’s now the choke artist when it’s time to get the job done. Somehow, some way, I’ll figure it out. But you’ve done more than enough as a friend, man. And I appreciate it. Cause you could have abandoned this ship a long time ago when you found out we couldn’t be tag team champions.

If anything there was a reassuring smile on Calvin’s face. He wasn’t the most emotional human being in the world, but that had a lot to do with just him as a person. All of the sudden GUY shot up from the bed and proceeded to rip the IV out of his arm. Turning out not to be such a good idea. He shouted in pain.

GUY: Huzzah! Not good, not good!

CALVIN HARRIS: What did we learn?!

GUY: That deep down inside that little black heart. That needs to grow three times large, loves me!

CALVIN HARRIS: Woah, woah! Pump the brakes there homie. No one said anything about loving you. I just said I appreciate the friendship.

GUY: Nah, you love me. It’s okay, I love you too buddy!

Those words resulted in GUY quickly wrapping his arms around Calvin in a brotherly embrace. Clearly, physical touch is not being one of the Highlight of the Night’s needs or wants in this moment. Slightly pushing him back.

CALVIN HARRIS: And let’s not do that...

Once the embrace was broken. The door to the room came open. Standing there just peeking inside enough was Alessandra.

ALESSANDRA REYNOLDS-HARRIS: You two kiss and make up yet?

GUY: Kiss? No. We’re working on that.

CALVIN HARRIS: The fuck we are!

ALESSANDRA REYNOLDS-HARRIS: We can work on the bromance later, but something about you pissing off the nurse was mentioned we stormed out of here. And she said she was bringing back security. So now might be time to leave.

GUY: HUZZAH! TO THE GUY-MOBILE!

Like nothing had ever happened. GUY went rushing out the door that Alessandra was standing in. Leaving Calvin to shake his head from side to side just a little before starting to walk out of the room himself. It was rare in the wrestling business that genuine friendships were made. After all, most people were always looking to get ahead and stab someone in the back if that’s what it took to get there. So if anything Calvin should have considered himself lucky. That wasn’t the case with Guy. Instead the friendship was in fact genuine and he very much had the Highlight of the Night’s best interest in mind. Who knew where things were going to go from here? But at least it was a guarantee he always had someone in his corner when it mattered the most.

With the trunk open to the family SUV. Calvin was in the middle of tossing his gearbag in it. In forty eight hours Climax Control would be live in Phoenix and he was set to be part of the show. Now there were still a lot of questions in the back of his mind. After such an emotional week the previous week, but at the same time. He knew he couldn’t just bail or be done after a set back. That wasn’t in his character. He reached up and grabbed the trunk to close it just as he could hear some screaming.

DAAAAAAAAAAAD!

Thankfully, the child screaming his name hadn’t made their way into the garage yet. That would have been ear piercing with the walls. However, he turned himself around just as his youngest was walking into the garage. It was hard to imagine at times he was a father of a ten year old and a seven year old. Oliver looked at him with a puzzled look when he saw him.

OLIVER “OLLIE” HARRIS: Where you going?

CALVIN HARRIS: You know it’s Friday, bud. Dad has to get ready to go to work.

OLIVER “OLLIE” HARRIS: No.

CALVIN HARRIS: Yes, I always leave on Fridays. I wrestle on Sundays. We’ve had this talk plenty of times, little man.

OLIVER “OLLIE” HARRIS: I said no!

Now his son wore his heart on his sleeve. A very emotional little boy. Not to mention creative as could be. Never really a problem child, but to have him be so “blunt” and “assertive” wasn’t really in his wheelhouse. Calvin found himself kneeling down in front of Oliver and looking his son in the eyes. No sooner than he kneeled down Oliver was quick to come forward. Placing his tiny hand on the forehead of his father. His fingertips grazed over the stitches he was wearing thanks to the ring post.

OLIVER “OLLIE” HARRIS: You got an owie still.

Those few words made everything make sense. Calvin had no sooner than got backstage last week and Alessandra was calling with a very upset Oliver on the phone. And now more than anything he was concerned.

CALVIN HARRIS: You’re right I still do, but you know what? That’s what the stitches are for. It’s there to help it heals. By the time I come home. They should be out. I’ll be healed. Dad will be as good as new.

OLIVER “OLLIE” HARRIS: No, no wrestling this week.

CALVIN HARRIS: No, I do have to wrestle this week. But it’s going to be fine. I’m not going to get hurt. It isn’t going to be like last week. That’s all in the past. Nothing for you to worry about.

OLIVER “OLLIE” HARRIS: I said no, daddy.

This was a much harder conversation that he had anticipated in having. Oliver was barely even a year old when he had stopped wrestling the first time. So this was already a change for the child seeing his father leave every week to wrestle. Anow now after seeing Calvin brutalized, it was a hard thing for him to deal with. Let alone be okay with his father going back into that environment. Calvin proceeded to lift up his child and got to a vertical basis.

CALVIN HARRIS: Dad is more than aware that what you saw last week was scary. That’s not something you should’ve seen but more importantly. That’s not something that should’ve happened. But you know wrestling is kind of like you playing tee-ball this summer. You’re going to fall down. You’re going to scrape your knee. You’re going to bump your head. Accidents and injuries happen, but if you love it. You keep going. You love tee-ball right?

OLIVER “OLLIE” HARRIS: I guess so... yeah?

CALVIN HARRIS: What do you mean you guess so? I see you at practice every week Out there trying to hit the ball as hard as you can and send it over the fence! Don’t try and fib to me, you little monster!

He gave his son just the slightest tickle under his neck, making the young boy laugh.

OLIVER “OLLIE” HARRIS: Okay! I love it! I love it!

CALVIN HARRIS: Mhmm! That’s what I thought.

OLIVER “OLLIE” HARRIS: But...

CALVIN HARRIS: No, there’s no buts kiddo. You love tee-ball and you’re willing to take the hardships that come with it. Just like Dad loves wrestling and I do the same. Me being able to do this is what makes me happy, and also what makes it so we can have all the nice things we have. From time to time. I’m going to get hurt and that’s okay. I’ll always get back up. I’ll always recover. And I can promise you. That you’ll never have to see what happened this past week happen again. That was too much. A line was crossed, but it’ll never happen again.

OLIVER “OLLIE” HARRIS: Are you sure?!

CALVIN HARRIS: I promise, kiddo. Never again. Now do you think you’ll be okay with me going to work this week?

OLIVER “OLLIE” HARRIS: Mmmm....

The little boys gears were turning. Calvin couldn’t expect a young child to really process everything that was said to him. Hell, he didn’t really even expect Oliver to be okay with him leaving. All he could do was hope that it was a smooth transition. What he saw was traumatizing and too much for a child to have to deal with. He looked his son in the eyes before Oliver finally just nodded his head.

OLIVER “OLLIE” HARRIS: Yeah, it’ll be okay!

CALVIN HARRIS: My man! Now let’s go bug mom for a little bit before I leave shall we?!

He began to carry Oliver from the garage into the house. The little boy’s giggle was music to his ears in a lot of ways. At least he wasn’t afraid to see him go anymore. But that was another factor on Calvin’s mind. What he had gone through with his uncle had affected his family in one of the worst ways possible. And he didn’t know what was next. He didn’t know what step to take. One thing was for sure. There would come a time and there would come a place where he got a little measure of revenge and that was going to taste oh so sweet when that day did come.

The question going around is: Will I or won’t I be at Climax Control this week?

Standing there eyeing the cameras on him was the man they called the Highlight of the Night. For a second or two Calvin just stood there with his eyebrow arched up

I guess that’s rightfully so. Because a week ago when you last saw me. The last time I stood in front of a camera. I was a broken man. I was a bloody man. I was a man that had just suffered my worst loss since coming back to this business. And to top it all off. I was going through a bunch of emotions. Ones that I couldn’t even convey into words very well. In that moment I may have lashed out and may have given off the wrong impression when I said it might be time for me to walk away and never come back. As much as I might have been broken mentally and physically. The last thing I have ever wanted to do was give off the impression that I was a quitter or that I was someone that was going to give up when things got tough. Because that’s not who I am.

I’m a thirty four year old man who was dealt a very crappy hand to life the moment I was brought into this world. From having a mother who walked out on me when I was just a few weeks old. To find myself in a serious car accident that nearly took my life when I was just getting started in this business. And even at one point before I signed a deal with my first contract with SCW some many years ago. I was dealing with a crippling cocaine addiction because I was struggling with the death of a friend of mine. Now I bring all of that up to point out. If I didn’t give up then. If I didn’t quit on myself then. If I didn’t just essentially roll over and die then. Why the hell would I do it now?! All over one wrestling match? All over one piece of shit human being that happens to be a member of my family? Nah, we ain’t doing it!

The small smirk that was formed on that man’s lips said everything it needed to say. A week ago he was a shell of himself, but this week. After a little bit of seemingly restored confidence. He was back which who knows what that could really mean for the future.

After what took place last week. You can bet your ass that I’m still very upset about it, and I know there’s going to come a time. There’s going to come a place. There’s going to come a situation where I’m going to get my hands on that old piece of shit. When I do, I’m going to make sure I make every single wrong that was done to me right. As well as making sure I spill his blood all over that damn ring, but now isn’t the time. Instead now is the time for J2H to get his retribution and I look forward to seeing his announcement this week. But that’s not the only thing to be looking forward to. Nah, the main focus for me this week is a man by the name of Alexander Raven.

Simply mentioning that man was enough to strike fear into the hearts of some of the people in the locker room. It was certainly enough to scare some of those loyal SCW fans. Rightfully so, the man Calvin was set to go up against was a bit of a psychopath. Especially when it came to dishing out and taking pain. An element that no doubt put Calvin at a disadvantage.

Alexander, this is going to be the first time the two of us have ever shared the ring with one another. Surprisingly if I’m being quite honest. Because your name is a name that came up quite a bit when I was coming back to Sin City Wrestling. You are someone that some people have said is the standard for what one can take or cannot take inside the ring. You’re a man that’s all about punishment. You’re a man that’s willing to put your own physical well being at risk. Just for the sake of seeing your opponent’s blood. Just to see your opponent writhing in pain. Just to hear your opponent scream in agony. Can’t say that it’s my thing, but clearly it’s yours and it’s worked out for you.

After all that approach got you and Luna set to compete at Summer XXXTreme for the nearly re-introduced SCW Mixed Tag Team Championships. That same approach is the reason why you’re a former SCW Roulette Champion. As well as having one of the most impressive SCW Internet Championship reigns. Nearly six months before you were dethroned. And that same approach is what had you having what I would have considered match of the night back at Into The Void with Jack Washington. So not only are you someone about pain and suffering, but you’re also someone that can go between those ropes once the bell rings.

While I’d rather face the version of you that can put on a good match and go out there tomorrow night to tear the house down with me. Go out there and prove why we shouldn’t be overlooked as the undercard or like we’re not as important as some jackass Heavyweight Champion we have. While that’s why I want to, I can also tell you in the same breath. I’m not afraid of the other version of you. I don’t care how violent you might want to get. I’m not intimidated by how much pain you might want to cause me. I’m damn sure not scared of you in any capacity, my man. And maybe that’s something that makes your nipples hard or gets your jollies off. By having someone say they’re not afraid, but it’s more than a saying. I’ve got no problem meeting you with the same damn energy you meet me with!

A brief close up of the man’s eyes. Every word that he said was meant and it showed with the emotion in his eyes. Now whether or not that was going to work out in his favor. It remained to be seen, but at the very least he stood his ground.

You know when you think about it though, Alexander. You’ve got more riding on this match than I do. Something that I am sure is in the back of your head. Right now all eyes are on you and Luna. I’d even go as far as saying that you’re the favorites to win the gold. So without a doubt all eyes are going to be on this match. All eyes are going to be all on you. People are going to want to know how you fare against a former two-time SCW Heavyweight Champion. People are going to want to see if you’re really about that life. If you’re really someone that can be a major factor around here. So the pressure is on for you, more than it is me. They already know what I’m capable of.

Regardless of what might have taken place last week in my match. People around here know that I can step up in any main event and put on a hell of a show. People know that I can be a vital contender for any championship at any given time. People saw me take that old prick to the limit last week. People saw me take J2H to his limit in our tag contest. People know that I’m that dude when the bright lights are on. But they’ve only seen small flashes of hope out of you. You’re just given them a sample. A tease. You’re leaving them with blue balls there Alex and no one likes that shit. So now you have to show them what you’re truly made of in what is going to be your biggest test to date.

The narrative that The Highlight of the Night was painting was no doubt a questionable one. In a lot of ways it came off arrogant, but in the same light in a lot of ways it came off as true. He had proven himself a bunch and while yes, Alexander had proven himself from time to time. It hadn’t been on the level that Calvin had done so. Still that little smirk remained on his lips.

Now before you get all bent out of shape and start with your conspiracy rantings, Alexander. I do recognize what I said might be a little arrogant. Maybe even a little egotistical. Maybe just maybe it isn’t right to hold myself so high up on the totem pole so to speak when it comes to saying I’m your biggest test to date. But at the same time, can you name someone that’s been a bigger test? I mean that whole heartily. That isn’t meant to be showing any shade or anything like that. I guess you could say Jack Washington right? It’s no secret that the two of you have gone to war with each other. Jack has been to the top of the mountain as well. But if I’m being honest. I don’t think he’s the test. Again no shade, but Jack is a lot like you. He’s shown a lot of promise. Lots of flashes of being great. Lots of potential there but it comes and goes in waves. Never a constant.

So who else? Maybe you see that person being someone like Miles Kasey. The very man you lost the Roulette Championship to some months back. Now again, this is no shade to Miles. I think he’s a fantastic dude. Puts on one hell of a match every single time he steps into the ring. I’d even say, he’s better than me at times between those ropes. Man is just a beast, but he’s yet to reach the top of the mountain. He’s yet to reach up and grab that brass ring. He’s yet to break the glass ceiling. He’s been close, oh so close. And I know one day it’s coming, but at this moment. He’s not that guy. He’s not that test. He’s not been your biggest challenge yet. Truth be told Alexander, we could go down the roster one by one. Of every person you have shared the ring with. But it’s all going to point to the same things. They just haven’t provided that true test yet. It’s all going to come back to me being that test.

Being that biggest challenge for you. But even that may be the case. I’m not the type to let that go to my head and allow it to be a reason to brag. It’s just a fact to me. I know who I am and what I can do. If anything I take honor in being the biggest test for you, Alexander. Now whether or not it means anything to you that I’m your biggest challenge remains to be seen. You could blow me off. You act like none of this applies to you. You could act like none of it’s true. That’s your choice to do so, but as a man that once had an ego like that. I will tell you. Don’t let your ego blind you. Don’t let that ego of yours fool you. Because that shit can be one of your biggest downfalls. That would lead you down a path you truly don’t want to go. And at the same time I’ve got no problem taking advantage of that. If it leads to my hand being raised in victory in the end.

Calvin found himself letting a small little shrug escape his shoulders. Each word that came out of his mouth was starting to paint a picture that maybe just maybe he was looking for a fight. One that people would have to assume just based on who Alexander was. He’d have no problem giving it to him.

You see Alexander, in the end I still have to be about me. In the end I still have something to prove. I still have to find my way here in Sin City Wrestling. At one point I was one of the best. I was the top guy. I was the best damn thing in this. Bell to bell. No one could touch me. On the mic, no one could outshine me. I want--- no better yet scratch that. I NEED to capture that again. Losing to you isn't a disgrace but losing to you is going to further put me behind. I’ve already failed enough to be in a position where I’m behind. I can’t afford any more setbacks.

I can’t afford to further fail. It’s not going to work out in my favor if that’s the case. So understand I’m coming with everything I got. I’m swinging for the fences and I’m bringing a fight to you. That simply put you’ve never had brought to you before. We’re going to discover whether or not you sink or swim. But as far as I’m concerned, you gotta drown in order for me to get to where I need to be. Take this as a learning experience. Find a way to take something from this contest. Cause, it’s alright going to be the Highlight of the Night and maybe even the HIGHLIGHT of YOUR career!

Those ended up being the final words to come from the man. Calvin just left a lasting image of that small smirk plastered across his face. As the cameras found themselves fading to black. Now those fans in Phoenix, Arizona had another reason to look forward to Climax Control. For the only thing they were going to get was a knock down drag out fight between these two men. A fight that just might end up being the best damn thing seen this week.