Author Topic: The More Things Change...  (Read 418 times)

Offline Nick Jones

• View Profile
    • Nick Jones
The More Things Change...
« on: July 13, 2012, 08:43:42 PM »
 The scene fades in to the inside of shopping mall in Malibu, California that seems to bustling with people, shopping like crazy.  It can then be seen, slowly approaching towards the camera as they are holding hands, Nick Jones along with his girlfriend, Diana Roberts.  The two are walking past a whole array of stores when suddenly, something catches the eye of Diana as they walk past as women's fashion store.  Diana quickly pulls her hand away from Nick and makes a dash towards a display window, clearly quite excited by what she has seen.  Diana then spins back around towards Nick with a big smile on her face.

Diana:  Oh my God, this store looks AMAZING.  Is it alright if we duck in for a minute and take a look around?

Nick:  You know what?  You go look to your hearts content, I'll just wait for you out here.

Diana:  Whatever, works for me.

Diana turns and rushes right in to the entrance of the store as Nick rolls his eyes.  Nick then turns and walks towards the other end of the walkway and, being on the second floor of the mall, goes right up the railing and for a few moments, looks around the mall, seeming to observe the various people around them.  As boredom with that seems to quickly overtake him, Nick then pulls his cell phone out of his pocket.  After a few touches to the screen, Nick suddenly seems to become more and more intensely focused on whatever it is that he is doing.  Within a few seconds Nick's fingers are now flying all over the screen and his intensity seems to be replaced by frustration.  After a few more moments pass, Nick's frustration seems to get the past of him as he smacks the screen of his phone before angrily mumbling to himself.

Nick:  Damn stupid angry birds and those annoying retarded green pigs.

Nick continues on with what he's doing, getting more into it as time goes by until suddenly his frustration seems to turn to excitement, made most evident by his sudden fist pump out of nowhere.

Nick:  There it is!  Hey, green pigs, why don't you go ahead and go fu...

In an instance of perfect timing, Nick is suddenly stopped before he can finish the word he was saying, as he is distracted by a tugging he feels on his pants leg.  Nick looks down at which point it becomes even more apparent that it was for the best that Nick didn't finish what he was saying, as Nick sees the tugging is coming from a small boy, no more than a few years old, looking up at Nick with big wide eyes and tugging on his pants leg in order to get his attention.  On further inspection, it's also seen that the young guy is wearing an SCW t-shirt.  Nick looks confused for a moment, seeming unsure of how to react.

Nick:  Um... hi.

Young Boy:  HI!!

The boy waves at Nick with a big smile on his face.

Young Boy:  Are you Nick Jones?

Nick:  In the flesh.

The boy seems uncertain of what Nick means by that, and realizing such, Nick is quick to qualify.

Nick:  Yes, yes I am.

The smile on the boys face only grows upon having his suspicions confirmed.

Young Boy:  Oh wow!  You're so cool!

Nick:  Thanks kid.

Young Boy:  You're like, the bestest wrestler ever!  You had the title for like forever!  Plus it was so cool what you did last week.  That stupid doodie-head Kain was trying to beat up Jordan, but instead you kicked his tushie!  It was GREAT!!

The kid is giddy and giggling now, as his version of the story can't help but have Nick laugh in response.

Nick:  Well what can I say, it felt pretty great.  That's what nice guys are for after all, to help out other nice guys.

Young Boy:  Yeah, it was the awesomest.  Jordan Williams is really cool, and he's my big brother's favorite, but I never got to see him be the champ or anything.  But I always get to watch you and you are great.  And you're way cooler now that you're being nice and helping people and stuff.

Nick:  I'm glad to hear it.  You know sometimes it's not always easy being the nice guy, but it's the right thing to do.  It's good to know that some people appreciate my efforts.  Here, let me give you a little something in return.

Nick starts patting his pockets and after a minute manages to find out and pull out a magic marker.  Nick then crouches down right in front of the kid.

Nick:  Turn around for a second, sport.

The kid is quick to listen, as he spins right around in front of Nick.  Nick then takes the cap off the marker and proceeds to write something on the kid's SCW t-shirt.  As Nick finishes and backs off, the message can be seen:  "Nice guys finish first.  - Nick Jones".  With Nick finished the kid turns back around to Nick with a big smile on his face.

Young Boy:  Wow, you signed my shirt!  That's so cool.  Thanks Mr. Jones!

Nick:  Not a problem, kid.  And feel free to call me Nick.

Young Boy:  Thanks Nick!

Nick puts his hand up and the boy is quick to give him a high five.  The mood suddenly changes though, as a screaming woman is heard as she comes charging up towards the two of them and grabs the young boy.  As she starts to admonish him, it's quite clear she is the boy's mother.

Boy's Mother:  Never do that again!  You can't just go running off like that, you scared me to death.  Sir, sorry he bothered you and thank you so much for not letting anything happen to him.  I can't possibly thank...

The woman stops in mid-sentence as she actually turns her head to look towards Nick, and it quickly becomes apparent that she recognizes him.  The expression of relief on the woman's face is quickly replaced by a scowl as she backs off and takes her son by the hand.

Boy's Mother:  Oh, it's YOU.  You're that rude, disgusting Nick Jones person from that wrestling show.  I don't even want my son watching you on television, and I certainly don't want him anywhere near you.  You are not the type of person I want setting an example for my child, so how about you just stay away?  You should be ashamed of yourself and the way you act.  What is wrong with you?

Young Boy:  But mommy...

Boy's Mother:  Not now!

The woman turns her attention back to Nick.

Boy's Mother:  You're the perfect example of everything that is wrong with people.  If there is such a thing as karma, I'll enjoy knowing that you'll end up spending your life as miserable as you make those around you.  And... what is this?!

The woman bends over and looks at the back of her son's shirt.

Boy's Mother:  It's not enough the horrible example you set?  You have to ruin my sons clothing too?  If I can't wash this out, I'll have to throw it away, because I certainly don't want him having anything associated with you.

Young Boy:  NO MOMMY!

Nick:  Listen lady, I'm sorry if...

Boy's Mother:  I don't even want to hear it from you.  Just do the world a favor and leave us all alone.

The woman then takes her son by the hand and storms off, admonishing him for running off and talking to Nick as they walk away.  As they leave, the expression on Nick's face has vastly changed, as it has now returned to the very familiar look of constant anger and disgust that used to fill his face on a regular basis until recently.  Nick tries to let out a few deep breaths, but it doesn't seem to be enough to make any sort of difference.  A moment later, Diana comes out from the store and walks up to Nick with a bag in her hand.  A quick look at Nick and she can tell something is wrong, and seems rather surprised by this.

Diana:  Is everything alright?

Nick:  I don't want to talk about it.

Nick then looks at Diana, realizing she seems quite happy and noticing the shopping bag in her hand.

Nick:  Well you seem awfully excited?  You having a fun time pissing away your, no I'm sorry MY money away on some stupid nonsense in there?

Diana:  I think you should maybe know what I got before you start passing judgment.

Nick:  I don't know about that, I feel rather confident in my evaluation.

Diana:  You say that now, but I think you're really going to like it.

Nick:  Well what is it?

Diana:  It's a new outfit.  Here, take a look.

Diana holds her bag out and opens it up, allowing Nick to lean over it and look into the bag.  After looking in, Nick looks completely perplexed by whatever it is that he's seen.

Nick:  What are you talking about "a new outfit"?  There's hardly anything in there.

Diana:  I know.  I told you that you'd like it.

A wide smile comes across the face of Diana as she tosses the bag over her shoulder, turns and walks away from Nick, continuing to head further into the mall.  After a moment of thought, a huge grin comes across the face of Nick as he then quickly runs up behind Diana to catch up with her, and throws an arm around her.

Diana:  So what was that about pissing money away?

Nick:  Don't be silly, that seems like a great investment to me.

Diana:  Glad to hear you change your tune.

Nick:  Speaking of changing, I think you need to change into that later tonight.

Diana:  Well that will all depend on how nice you are today.

The comment gets a chuckle out of Nick as the two walk with Nick's arm around Diana, continuing on throughout the mall as the scene fades.

<hr width=50%>

The scene opens back up backstage at the Firestone Fieldhouse in Malibu, California where Nick Jones is seen standing by with SCW Report Miss Rocky Mountains.

RM:  Hi everyone, I'm Miss Rocky Mountains standing backstage with SCW Heav...

Rocky stops herself and clears her throat before continuing.

RM:  Standing by with former SCW Heavyweight Champion Nick Jones.

Nick shoots a dirty look in the direction of Rocky for the stress she put on "former".

RM:  Nick, there's a whole lot of things I think we have to cover tonight, so why don't we start at the beginning.  This is the first time we have spoken since you lost the Heavyweight Title two weeks ago on Climax Control to Rage.  Can you tell us how you feel about all of that?

Nick:  Well Miss...

Stops and takes a deep breath, seeming to fighting the temptation to do what he normally does.

Nick:  ... Rocky Mountains...

A look of surprise, happy surprise, comes across the face of Rocky as Nick has for the first time called her by her correct name.

Nick:  ... things like that are never going to be a particular treat.  There's a lot of details that we can discuss about what took place over the course of that match, but what's the point?  In the end Rage won and I lost, he's the champion and congratulations to him on that.  Now the situation changes, instead of worrying about retaining the title, I'm focused on regaining it.

RM:  I see, but why don't we look at the details of that match.  There was a lot of situations that occurred there, including the involvement of a number of different wrestlers and some other interesting turn of events.

Nick:  In the end, I'm not sure how much of that really matters.  The match decision is what it is, and sometimes those outside factors go in your favor and sometimes not.  You can't focus on all of that because the bottom line is Rage is the new champion, regardless of any help he may or may not have had.

RM:  Well what about you?

Nick:  What about me?

RM:  You had some help of your own, including involvement of both Big B and Tony, as well as some distractions by your girlfriend Diana that were clearly intended to help you retain the title.

Nick:  Now hold on a second there, I think it was pretty damn clear I wasn't looking or accepting anyone's assistance in that match.

RM:  Yet they were still involved, and I never saw any of the members of the Seven Deadly Sins put a hand on you, although I can't say the same for your entourage and Rage.

Nick:  What the hell is the point of all of this?  Like I said, the bottom line is Rage won.  I can sit here and make excuses about the involvement of others or being just removed from the biggest match SCW has ever seen against Jordan Williams...

RM:  Which you won thanks in part to a low blow.

The frustration with the line of questioning is clearly starting to build in Nick, as he has to slow himself down and take a few deep breaths before even responding.

Nick:  ANYWAY... as I was saying, there's always a list of excuses every loser can start making, but in the end you're still the loser and the other guy is the winner.  I'm done with those days and everyone in this company has won matches in a whole variety of ways, and the wins are all that matters, and I've got as many as anyone in SCW and I'll keep racking as many of them up as possible.  But when you lose, the only thing you can really do is brush it off and try even harder to win the next one.

RM:  By trying harder, would that include things such as involvement from the members of your entourage and other illegal tactics?

Nick:  Did it look like I had any interest in any of that two weeks ago?  No, I don't think so, so that should answer your question right there.  Shall we move on now?

RM:  Ok then, let's talk about last week.  You came out to address your loss to Rage the week prior and a very interesting scenario emerged.

Nick:  That it did, and it's developed quite an interesting main event for this evening.  I wanted to come out, congratulate Rage, make the point that I knew I lost, that I was no longer champion and that I had accepted that.  I also wanted Rage to know however, that I'm still due my rematch and have every intention of recapturing my title.  Now Jordan obviously had some different plans and to his credit he had some points.  He had made it clear he wanted another man regardless of what happened with my title defense, and he also made a point that if I had beat Rage, he would be the next in line for a title shot.  It's tough to argue with a lot of what he said, but in the end, I'm still the former champ.  Of course, the little conversation between me and Jordan wasn't quite enough, now was it?

RM:  Apparently not, as that is when Kain came out to join the conversation.

Nick:  Yeah, and Kain made it crystal clear he has some beef with me.

RM:  Well as many of us already know, you had a win over him and Damon Synn a few months back in which you retained your title by what, at the very least, would be called questionable means.

Nick's annoyance hits new heights with those last comments as he shoots daggers out of his eyes at Rocky.

Nick:  Are you kidding me?  It was a NO DISQUALIFICATION match for starters and beyond that, you don't take any issue with Kain jumping me from behind after my title defense against Jordan?

RM:  Much in the same manner you did to him last week.

Nick:  What the hell are you talking about?!?

RM:  Is it not true that you came up from behind Kain last week after he joined you and Jordan in the ring, and hit him with a steel chair?

Nick:  Well yeah, but...

RM:  That was my only point.

Nick:  Do you want to let me finish?!  You know there's a little more to it than that.  You don't have anything else to add to your little breakdown of that situation other than me hitting Kain with a chair?

RM:  What do you mean?

Nick:  Are you kidding me?  That piece of garbage was trying to jump Jordan from behind, I did what I did to save Jordan's ass.

RM:  Oh, I see.

Nick:  "I see"?  Are you kidding me?!  I could have just turned and walked away and let Jordan get destroyed without me having to lift a finger, but no, I did the right thing and saved him from that scumbag Kain.  Yet I'm the bad guy here?  I'm the one getting crap?  What a bunch of nonsense.  Let's just move on and talk about tonight's match already, alright?

RM:  Alright, tonight you actually team up with Jordan Williams as you face off against Kain and Lucas Darby.  Now let me ask you, under these circumstances, why do you feel Jordan Williams should be able to trust you as his partner tonight.

And with that, Nick has finally heard enough.

Nick:  WHAT?!?  ARE YOU SERIOUS WITH THIS SHIT?!?  Enough is enough, I am sick and tired of this crap.  I sit here and say all of the right things.  For weeks now, I try to do all of the right things, and hell, I don't make fun of your name being a euphemism for your giant tits.  Yet here we stand, and question after question the only thing you have to ask me about is sitting here and trying to paint me as the worst guy in the world and somehow even the right things I do are now right.  Forget it.  You want the reality?  Well here it is!  Rage doesn't beat me without the help of 4 people.  It's funny, I don't see you nagging the crap out of him for that, do I?  And you can try to play it off, but the truth is he had already failed once before when it was just one on one, and he sure as hell won't pull that crap off a second time once I get my rematch.  Kain is a punk bitch and got exactly what was coming to him and is damn lucky I didn't do a whole lot worse than a single chair shot, while Jordan should be endlessly thanking me for saving his ass and not laying him out myself.  And as for tonight?

Nick thinks things over for a moment in hesitation, before continuing to speak in a much quieter tone.

Nick:  Tonight is simple really.  Me and Jordan may not be friends, but we've got respect for each other and there's nothing more in this world that either of us cares about more than winning.  As long as this match is going on, both of us know neither of us has to worry about the other, because we're two of the best this company, this business, has ever seen and we're going to go out there together and win this match.  Kain has got himself into a situation he shouldn't have.  He thought he could make a big name for himself, maybe even sneak in a title shot by jumping me at Into the Void.  Then last week he thought he could hang with the big boys and it would mean nothing but good things for him.  Well now he's learned better and this week he's going to have to get us in the ring.  His partner is this Lucas Darby guy and while I don't know a lot about him, apparently he's been impressing some people so far.  Well I guess he's just the unlucky one who decided to get himself aligned with Kain, even if it is for one night only.  I can tell you right now, Jordan and I will have far more fun beating the snot out of Kain, but Darby won't be getting off easy when he's in the ring with either of us.  Jordan's going to show both of these fools that he's too good for them and in the end all you need to remember is that in the end, title or not, I'm not cocky... I'm just the best.

RM:  One more question before you go Nick.  What do you say to those who believe your recent actions are nothing more than a farce?

Nick glares at Rocky and without saying a word, simply turns and walks away.  Rocky seems confused as she watches him leave.

RM:  Geez, what's his problem?

Rocky shrugs her shoulders and walks off as well as the scene fades.
>