Author Topic: Don't Worry, Be Happy  (Read 274 times)

Offline Ben Jordan

• View Profile
Don't Worry, Be Happy
« on: January 22, 2016, 07:31:41 AM »
 Another beautiful Havana day greets us as the sun beats down early morning outside the home of Ben Jordan. The brown wooden door creeks open and the man himself walks out dressed in khaki combat shorts, a white buttoned up short sleeved shirt, sunglasses handing from the collar, and sandels on his feet. The camera moves in closer, focusing on Ben and down to his sandels before back to Ben's face.

Ben: What? If they're good enough for Jesus...

Ben pulls the door closed behind him, locking the door with a key and dropping the jinggling set in to his pocket, before buttoning the pocket up. He takes the sunglasses from the front of his collar and places them over his eyes.

Ben: Welcome to a fine Havana morning people, you know who I am, that's why ya watching this ol' thing. People bang on about themes to their promos and all that jazz, and I haven't really thought about it too much, but I guess this one is gonna reflect me opponents this week.

Ben turns, moving a move down the steps in front of him, jumping down one at a time.

Ben: Trust me, lot harder coming up these bad boys when you've had a mojhito or seven, but anyways.

He reaches the bottom, looking across at the sea wall, just across the road from him.

Ben: My opponents this week are proper laid back fellas, don't take life too serious and has a ton of fun while they're doing it. Of course it's The Surf Boys.

Ben looks either side of the road, his eyes aware for oncoming traffic. Seeing none, he strolls across the road and looks at the sea.

Ben: Takes me breath away every time I get me 'aris out of the house.

He turns his eyes back to the camera.

Ben: This people reflects everything you need to know about Narly and Radical, this is a piece of them, ya know?

Ben turns to his right, walking past an older gentleman. Ben quickly nods his head to the man.

Ben: Morning mate.

The man nods back towards Ben has he keeps on walking, the camera catching the almost clear blue water to the side of Ben.

Ben: They're chilled out poeple, without the need of Netflix, they worry about nothing at all, and that my friends is the way forward. It's part of the reason I moved to this place cause I wanna be just like them in so many ways.

He puts his hands up as he turns to the camera on his right hand side.

Ben: Not in the way where I get attacked by farm yard animals, and sea creatures and stuff, that's really not my kinda game, but when you look back on these two geezer, they have been around for donkeys, people get proper excited when they see their name mentioned on the shows and they have fun, that's what I wanna be when I grow up.

Ben winks at the camera before continuing to walk, quickly stepping down three steps cut in stone. In front of him lies a busy street market, fresh fish caught directly from the ocean and sold on stalls minutes later, fresh fruit, clothes and fabrics are all seen hanging from stalls.

Ben: Imagine this right on ya doorstep, doing ya shopping here, kicks Asda and Tesco's right in the nuts.

Ben scratches his head.

Ben: For you Americans, think Walmart, that's what I'm banging on about.

Ben puts two thumbs up to the camera and continues walking.

Ben: Anyways, lost me train of thought thinking about smart price brands and stuff.

Ben clicks his finger

Ben: Oh yeah, being like The Surf Boys. They've done something else I wanna do, and I don't mean jump in that water, they've held those Tag Team Championships that Jonesy and I really wanna get our hands on. Really wanna get me mits on those bad boys.

Ben walks past a fruit stall and the man behind it picks up a nearby fruit and loops it in the air towards Ben, before callinghis name. Ben turns and catches the yellowy green fruit as gravity takes over and fires a quick thumbs up.

Ben: Cheers mate, will catch ya on the way back as usual.

The man tips his hat to Ben as Ben faces the camera.

Ben: Do it every morning. Still can't work out what this thing is though, but it ain't half bad.

He looks at the fruit in his hand before moving on down the market a little more.

Ben: Anyways, back to those Tag Titles. I made a challenge, waiting on Cons to let me know and someone books them to face Raab and his fella, which means I look like a complete donut for making that challenge, but end of the day, doesn't matter if it's Raab and his bloke, or Connor and Tim, the goal is still there, no one has moved the goal posts and I know that the focus stays the same.

Ben taps the side of his head as he continues to stroll along at a slow steady pace.

Ben: Now I know so many have written The Surf Boys off in this situation, but it's not the case to write them off when they've actually knocked people on their arses that you didn't expect. It doesn't matter how many wins or loses ya have, when ya get that lovely, lovely gold, it shows you got something there and I'm pretty damn aware of that, and I reckon they wouldn't mind grabbing the belts again, they beat us, they will have their shot but the thing is, we ain't gonna turn up just to lose this one.

Ben nods towards a younger woman who gives him a wave, before continuing to talk.

Ben: Tag division is heating up something rotten right now, you got poeple like The Surf Boys back on TV, you got The Nobodies, The Monstimals, looks like you got that CJ fella and Eric Steel knocking about too. Grimm saves Jamesy boy last week, that could be a team for all I know, things are getting hotter than a Playboy shoot there, but I can tell ya, me and Jonesy wanna be top of the pops with this one, we wanna be the team everyone's chasing.

Ben moves through the crowd and moves to another sea wall. He leans his elbow on the top of it, looking down at the water crashing against it.

Ben: When ya being chased, it's no worry to me, you accept the fact everyone wants to come after what you have, I'm chilled at that point and that people is where ya should be in life. The Surf Boys prove that's possible and that's what I'm after and it all starts with a big three points for Jonesy and meself when we come up against you fellas. Step one, beat some former champs, step two, get the shot, step three, win the belts and relax.

Ben points his finger at the camera.

Ben: That's what it's all about my friends, not worrying and being happy and when we get through with The Surf Boys, I ain't gonna worry no more because Jonesy and meself are heading up to the top of the division, we're heading for the gold and like Mo Farah having a little jog, we won't stop till that gold is in our mits.

Ben smiles.

Ben: Anyway my lovely people, I gotta get going, I gotta race some redhead to Vegas, in the mean time, don't worry be happy, be like The Surf Boys and relax. I'll catch ya all on Sunday! Laters people.

Ben salutes the camera as the scene fades out.
>

Cockney King.
SCW World Heavyweight Champion
SCW Internet Champion
SCW Roulette Champion
SCW Tag Team Champion (3x)
SCU Underground champion
ACW's only Triple Crown Champion.
Super J Cup Winner 2013.
Twitter: @CockneyKingBen