Author Topic: Death by powderpuff...to paraphrase Bubbles...Sam Marlowe will be Hardcore  (Read 697 times)

Offline Sam Marlowe

• View Profile
    • Samantha Marlowe
“Let me clarify some things for you Johanna,” says a soft voice.

Sam Marlowe looks into a mirror that she is sitting in front of.  Set on the table top in front of her is an assortment of items.  She is dressed in a silken robe, her hair pulled up to lightly cascade down over the collar of the white cloth.  Behind her, a canopy bed can be seen in the mirror that is covered in a white lace coverlet and the canopy of white tulle and lace that is draped around it.

“I get it that you are so dominant and as a part of Wolfslair, you are a cog in the wheel of success that your gym mates.  I can openly and honestly agree with that self promotion,” Sam says with a soft sigh as if admitting it was something that physically hurt her.  “I know you talk a big deal about how you and your teammates are forces to be reckoned with.  I have watched you in the ring and I admit you rightfully claim that you have dominated.”

Sam looks at herself in the mirror and then looks downwards to a set of small crystal jars and bottles.  Reaching down, she picks up a bottle with a light golden liquid inside of it.  Pulling the lid off, she brings the bottle to her nose, and sniffs delicately as her eyes close in pleasure.  Putting a fingertip on the top of it, she twists it up and down then straightens it again.  The glint of perfume on the fingertip disappears as she runs it along her neck under her left ear.

“People keep talking about how I need to give up and just step out of the spotlight and quit.  For too long I have listened to them and to that little voice inside here,” Sam says as her perfumed finger taps lightly against her temple.  “I get it.  I haven’t been as hungry for the titles and the spotlight and every thing that comes with being the top bombshell in Sin City Wrestling.  I mean the desire is there but the doubts drowned it out.  The lack of people really caring about what was happening to me ate away at my confidence.  I felt alone, unwanted, and it colored the way I was in the ring.  Can you imagine Joanna?  You have Wolfslair to stroke your ego, to tell you that you are good enough.”

Again, a sigh escapes Sam as she caps the perfume bottle and sets it gently back on the table top.  Reaching to a crystal decanter, she takes a soft fluffy brush and then pulls a palette of makeup towards her, flipping open the lid.  Swirling the brush into the color, she brings the brush upward to stroke color over a half closed eye.  The soft shade of green wings upward at the tip of the eye before Sam opens it to smile softly. 

“I ask you, who do I have huh?  I get the weekly hashtag dubya cee dubya from Roxi Johnson and don’t get me wrong Joanna, I am extremely grateful for that but that is all I get of appreciation.  But other than that, everyone that I considered positive influences in my life have disappeared.  And out of all of them, I alone remain.  I alone continue to wrestle.  Now before you say that ‘boo hoo Sam Marlowe is crying’ I want to clear up something for you Joanna.  I continue to wrestle because I still have the desire to go into the ring and perform for those that really appreciate me.  The fans that have written to me, the people that support me,” states Sam as her brush moves over her other half closed eye, “I go to the ring for them, to give them the best Sam Marlowe I can.  For me it isn’t how many wins I have, no, for me it is giving the fans one hundred percent of myself in the ring.  Can you claim that, Joanna?”

Sam sets the brush down and reaches for another brush to rub it into another color and accents her browbone before talking once more.

“Joanna, I know that you are dangerous and I get that I am probably the underdog in this fight.  My daddy however always says that it isn’t the size of the dog in the fight, it is the size of the fight in the dog.  And given your obvious Germanic attitude and strength, you are the big dog in the fight.  But that doesn’t mean that I am going to be the one to let you use that to your advantage.  I may not match up in size or attitude however, the size of my fight this week is nothing short of rottweiler determination.  I am prepared to get into the ring and step right up to you,” Sam offers to her reflection.

Twisting her head from side to side, Sam compares the eyeshadow on each eye before plucking up a small pencil.  Uncovering the lip pencil, she leans forward slight and begins to line her lips with a dark chocolate line which prevents her from speaking for a moment.  Satisfied, she caps the pencil and returns it to the small crystal bottle on the table top.

“I want you to know Joanna, I am not afraid of you and I could care less how you see this match.  For me, this is going to be a challenge because I want it to be,” adds Sam as she picks up a small cylinder and unwinds it to reveal a dark berry lipstick that she swipes across her bottom lip.  “I am sure with your confidence; you don’t consider me a threat at all and that is good.  It means you will take me for granted in that ring,” muses Sam before rubbing her lips together.  Raising her chin slightly, she offers a half smile at the mirror before talking once more.

“I am aware y’all can really hurt me considering that this week we are in the ring in a powderpuff death match,” states Sam.  Do you even know that that could involve Joanna?  I mean you are probably someone that doesn’t really understand what this could entail.  But let me enlighten you Joanna so you understand what could be involved.”

Sam reaches towards a rather flat cylinder and pulls the top from it.  Inside it looks like a feathery item resting there, a satin ribbon across it with a small bow in the middle of it.  As Sam pulls it upwards, a soft sprinkling of powder rains from the puff.  With a smile, she lightly taps it over the tip of her nose and across her cheeks.  The perfumed powder envelops her in a cloud of scent.  She pulls the puff away from her face only to have it drop to powder across her decollage.

“I am not sure what is going to be expected with this match this week,” offers Sam slowly.  “But as a southern debutante, I know all about using a powderpuff and most will say that this puff is nothing when it comes to wrestling but if you have ever been in a cloud of perfumed talc, the choking factor makes it so much different from a regular weapon.  Growing up and preparing for my debut…I learned to survive the choking powder.  So, I know just what needs to be done to fight through it.  Let me ask Joanna…do you?”

Setting the puff once more into the talcum powder, Sam puts the container to the side.  Standing then reaching down, Sam pulls at the robe’s belt to open it to reveal a green retro sundress that a debutante would wear in the fifties.  Pulling her arms out of the robe, she drapes it over her arm as she backs away and fixes her skirt.  Tossing the robe onto the bed, Sam fluffs her hair and then blows a kiss at the mirror before turning to leave the room.  Just before she does, she turns back and addresses her image in the mirror as if she is talking to Joanna herself.

“See, I am not backing down this week on Climax Control Joanna,” Sam vows as she leans in and runs her finger along the corner of her mouth.  “You will probably need to prepare for the fact that in the ring, this powderpuff death match could be the death of you this week.”

Almost in emphasis, Sam once more pulls the powderpuff from its container only this time, she slams the puff into the mirror’s surface obscuring the image of her in the mirror.

A computer screen can be seen, a facetime call being initiated by a hand that can be seen typing on the keyboard.  Suddenly the screen lights up to reveal an image of Pussy Willow in a larger image of Sam Marlowe who smiles at her friend.

“Pussy, what do I owe the pleasure of your call?” asks the redhead who is seen getting comfortable on a rather large papasan chair.  Dressed in a pair of daisy dukes and a happy go lucky ray of *expletive* sunshine, Sam looks relaxed.

Pussy herself is dressed in a halter with her blonde hair pulled back.  “You know Sam that I always like talking to you.  But this time is business.”

Sam chuckles.  “All business and no play makes a Pussy a…”

“Don’t you dare say that I am a dull girl Sammi!” exclaims Pussy with a half angered look. Sam offers the interviewer an apologetic look.  Unable to hold on to the anger, Pussy gives a smile to Sam and then continues to speak.  “I actually wanted to talk to you about the match coming up against Joanna Kreiger.  Considering that you aren’t really having a good time in the ring with a losing streak right now.  I have to ask you if that is going to be a factor when you step in the ring with her.”

Shaking her head, Sam rolls her eyes and then sticks her tongue out at Pussy who only raises an eyebrow at the image of Sam but doesn’t speak.  The silence stretches out for a moment then Sam breaks and begins to speak.

“You know what Pussy, this week’s Climax Control is just the time to turn things around you know.  I know I have been losing lately but now I am making a change.  See, I am not going to worry about win or lose, I am looking at surviving this powderpuff deathmatch.  Speaking of which, do we even know what a powderpuff death match is?”

Pussy looks thoughtful for a moment then shrugs and raises her hands in a ‘who knows’ motion.  Sam chuckles.  “I guess with Candy being hired to help out while Christian is on vacation, and given the fact that she lives for glittery, sparkly fancy matches like a glitter bomb match or now a powderpuff deathmatch, she wants to make Sin City Wrestling into a place to brighten up the fans and bombshells lives,” offers Sam.  “I get the whole death match idea but why add powderpuffs to the mix?  Is she expecting us to beat each other with large powderpuffs or something?  Like a killer pillow fight or something?”

“Don’t be giving her any ideas Sam.  Who knows what gimmick she will come up with next?  But lets focus on your opponent, Joanna Kreiger.  She is quite the athlete and will definitely be someone that can beat anyone in the ring.  Do you have any idea how you are going to beat her?” asks Pussy.

Sam half turns away from the camera as if listening to someone to the side.  A smile crosses her face then she turns back to the screen.  “I am not sure how I am going to beat her Pussy.  She is a big bad woman who could probably squash me like a bug.  I guess first and foremost I have to stay out of her reach.  But I also have to bring the fight to her.  That will probably be something that she won’t expect.  I mean she is one heck of a wrestler with the skills to beat every bombshell on the roster.  And she has.  She has been a champion, she has beaten everyone she has come up against.”

“That isn’t a great strategy Sam,” interrupts Pussy with a look of concern.  “You better think of something better.”

“Sure, I will walk into that ring and beat her in the middle of the ring with little to no difficulty,” teases Sam.  “I know what I am facing and I have been preparing for this Pussy.  I know that I am going to have to rely on my skill, my high flying moves and then when she isn’t looking, put her into the Sammiwrap or somehow find a way to beat her into submission.  I know what I have to do Pussy.”

“That is good to know Sam,” says Pussy as she looks downwards then back up at Sam while biting her lower lip.  “I know you don’t like hearing what your opponent says but there is one thing that I really have to ask.”

Curiosity peaked, Sam leans towards the screen with her eyebrow raised.  She tilts her head slightly and softly responds. 

“Go on…”

Pussy swallows slightly and then once more looks down then back at Sam.  “Joanna has gone on the record stating the following…”

Pussy plays a soundbyte of Joanna’s comment.   “But, you never quite reached the same heights as your contemporaries did you? You never got to the same level as Mikah, Mercedes Vargas, Roxi Johnson or even Crystal Zdunich. The Bombshells from back in the day who always seemed that step above you. They always had your number and even though you’d get a big win here or there, at the end of the day they are world champion calibre athletes and you’re not.”

Facepalming, Sam can’t begin to believe what Joanna said.  Sighing, she looks at Pussy again and begins to speak.  “Did she really say that?” asks Sam only to see Pussy nodding her head in the affirmative.  “Oh my goodness…well, she is speaking the truth somewhat.  Just not the whole truth.”

“You mean that you aren’t mad at her comment?” Pussy asks incredulously.

“No, I ain’t mad Pussy.  She is right…I never quite reached the same heights as Mikah, Mercedes Vargas, Roxi or Crystal…I surpassed them.  Not to toot my own horn but if she took the care to look into it…I was the one to beat Mikah to end her streak with the Bombshell championship.  And where is Mikah now?  And Crystal and Mercedes…I beat both of them in the same match for my second Bombshell championship.  I love how she has discounted all my championships.  I guess someone that doesn’t pay attention to the past will be doomed to repeat it.  The question isn’t will she lose…it is how badly will she be beaten in our match.”

Pussy smiles at the comment.  “That is the confidence I like to hear from you Sam.  So, last question…Are you ready for the match on Sunday?”

“Can anyone be ready for a match that has never happened in Sin City Wrestling?  I will tell you this Pussy, I am ready for whatever Joanna is going to bring to the match because I know she will be coming to bury me and have prepared for the worse.  But then again, will she be ready for what I am bringing on Sunday?  I think not.”

A rumble can be heard over the connection and Sam appears to be looking off screen before she once more directs her eyes to the facetime call.  “I wish I could stay Pussy and talk more but Colton just got home and we have some plans to make and a hotel room to reserve when we head to San Fran for Climax Control.  As always, it’s been a pleasure speaking to y’all.”

“Nice talking to you too Sam…see you Sunday!” exclaims Pussy as Colton Myers appears behind Sam to wave at Pussy before the call is disconnected.  Pussy reaches up and using the mouse, she clicks the window closed and the last thing seen is the screen of the computer going to black.