Author Topic: Fresh and New  (Read 347 times)

Offline Calia

• View Profile
    • Calia James
Fresh and New
« on: March 22, 2019, 11:22:20 PM »
 <div style="width: 645px; margin: auto;">
RECORDING

|CALIA|
“I was never the girl that got picked last.  I was always the girl who got picked first, no matter what.  So, when the Blast From the Past drawings started and my name wasn’t drawn first, I was very disappointed.”

A girl is seen sitting on what appears to be one of the bleachers in the stands of the Richmond Park in Dublin, Ireland.

|CALIA|
“I’m sure the next thing you’ll tell me is that the drawings were random and there was no way that I could have been chosen first.  It was a random draw; nothing to do with picking favorites.”

The blonde leans back a little more, her left leg straight and her right leg bent at the knee.

|CALIA|
“But I’m always picked first.  And I’m going to be your favorite, SCW.”

STOP RECORDING

DATE: 3|18|2019

Calia had flown to LAX airport to have Haleigh pick her up before she flew to Dublin to meet back up with Jack.  She had convinced him to go on his own so she could have some time with her sister.  She hadn’t seen Haleigh since January and she missed her something terrible.  She was starting to feel as if Haleigh didn’t even really need her anymore.  But now they were sitting in the apartment that Haleigh shares with Josie.

|CALIA|
“I was beginning to think that you forgot about me, Hales.”

Haleigh rolls her eyes at her identical twin sister as Calia nervously twists her hands in her lap.

\HALEIGH\
“Don’t be so dramatic, Calia.  Just because I spend the majority of my time with Jordan doesn’t mean that I don’t love you anymore.  You used to exclude me when you were Jack for the first half of your relationship.”

Calia rolls her eyes and huffs a bit.  She hadn’t wanted to admit that she had been that way with Jack at one point too.  She didn’t want to believe that Haleigh could so easily attach herself to some boy, either.

|CALIA|
“But you were still in Colorado and I could still see you!  And now you’re in California and I never get to see you! And when I facetime you, you never answer!”

Calia was struggling with letting her sister have her own life and it showed.  Haleigh had always been the one who was easy going and went with the flow but Calia struggled.  She struggled with the fact that her father left her and Haleigh at seven years old and didn’t want a relationship with either girl.  

Calia looks around the apartment before looking at Haleigh.  Haleigh was a little tanner than she was due to the time she got to spend in the warm, California sun.  Calia much preferred Colorado to California.

|CALIA|
“I just miss you, is all.  I wish that you lived closer.”

Haleigh smiles at her sister before choosing to change the subject before they both got irritated with one another.

\HALEIGH\
“How are you feeling about this Blast From the Past thing?  Are you ready for it?”

Calia shrugs her shoulders as she moves to get comfortable on the couch.

|CALIA|
“Physically?  Yes.  I’ve been training for it for a long time and now it’s actually time to actually do something with all that training I had.  But mentally?”

She lets out her breath slowly between her lips before shrugging her shoulders.  She had checked into some of the stuff that SCW put out and it was intense stuff.  She was sure that she had bitten off more than she could chew.  She was never going to be like Dani Weston, Evie Baang, Mikah, or Alica Lukas.  She didn’t think she had it in her.

|CALIA|
“I don’t think I’m going to fit in there.  Every match I’ve seen from the Bombshells that are employed there are so good and I am barely mediocre.”

Haleigh rolls her eyes at her twin sister.  Calia was never holding herself accountable for the things that she could do.  Haleigh tried to boost Calia’s confidence multiple times but she just couldn’t seem to get Calia to see it from her point of view.

\HALEIGH\
“You must be somewhat ready, Lia. You just haven’t had an actual match yet.  Who’s to say you can’t be like them?  And don’t be like Mikah, she’s a bitch.”

The twins had had an uneventful meeting with the future Hall of Famer and it hadn’t worked out in their favor.  Haleigh wanted Mikah to mentor Calia but when Mikah realized that there was a lot of turmoil in Calia’s life, she backed out.  She didn’t want to deal with any sort of negativity due to her pregnancy and instead, hooked Calia up with Ally.  Ally had been a wonderful trainer and worked well with training Calia and getting her up to par.

|CALIA|
“She might be a bitch, Hales, but she’s the bitch that holds a lot of records in SCW.  She even used to claim that she was the measuring stick for all of the Bombshells and for the future Bombshells to come.”

Haleigh just rolls her eyes.

\HALEIGH\
“She’s pregnant now, Lia.  She’s not some measuring stick now.”

Calia gives Haleigh a look, clearly not believing a word that Haleigh was saying.  But there was only so much that Haleigh could do for Calia.

|CALIA|
“Haleigh, even though Mikah’s pregnant, it doesn’t mean that the things she did in SCW don’t hold substance.  I have to look at everything that I’m getting into.  And if I want to be the best, I need to model myself after her.  After all, she was only in SCW for almost six months when she first held the Bombshell Championship.”

Haleigh just smiles and shakes her head.  Calia was going to be too hard on herself and Haleigh hoped that Calia would advance in the first round otherwise, it was not going to be a pretty sight.

\HALEIGH\
“Isn’t your team facing the current Bombshell Champion and her partner in this round?”

Calia nods her head.

|CALIA|
“Yes, that’s why I have to make a statement in my very first ever match in SCW!  I have to prove that I belong because I’m facing the Bombshell Champion!”

Haleigh sighs as she pulls her hair up into a messy bun on the top of her head and grabs her laptop.

\HALEIGH\
“The things I do for you, Calia.”

RECORDING

|CALIA|
“There’s this piece of me that has to be perfect and it’s the part of me that I can’t seem to get rid of so, instead of getting rid of it?  I’m going to work with it.”

She looks around the field for a moment, taking in her surroundings for a moment or two.

|CALIA|
“I’m new to SCW.  I’m new to wrestling and I’m young.  I have so much going against me that winning this match is not going to be easy for me.  Not at all.”

She shakes her head no before pulling her C&C stocking cap down over her ears.

|CALIA|
“Even if I’m new to the craft, it doesn’t mean that my opponents are better than me.  Is my current opponent the current Bombshell Champion?  Yes.”

She nods her head in agreement with her words.

|CALIA|
“Is she also a whiny bitch?  Yes, yes she is.  Didn’t she throw a fit about the triple threat match she was booked in against Dani Weston and Christina at Blaze of Glory?  Or was that a different Alicia Lukas?”

She raises an eyebrow.

|CALIA|
“She should have been happy to have been booked at all, the ungrateful little bitch.”

She reaches up and pushes the hair from her face.

|CALIA|
“I hate ungrateful little bitches.”

STOP RECORDING

Date: 1|28|2019

Haleigh and Calia had arrived in Chicago late the night before. They checked into their hotel and almost crashed instantly. Now they were wide awake and sitting in a nearby Panera Bread waiting for Mikah Green to show up.

|CALIA|
“What if she doesn't show? What if this is a mistake?  And her training school is in New York City! How can she train me from there!?”

Calia was a hot mess. Her boyfriend or well, currently her exboyfriend had broken up with her the day before.

\HALEIGH\
“She will show up. And I read somewhere that she is looking into moving her training center to Chicago so that when her baby is born, she can be closer.”

Calia gives Haleigh a look but is quiet for a moment before taking a bite of her cinnamon crunch bagel.

|CALIA|
“It doesn't mean that she has to show up today. She is pregnant…”

Calia had the tendency to look at life with the glass half full. It was completely opposite of Haleigh.

\HALEIGH\
“You have very little trust in people, Lia. She is probably running late, she has a child and a husband that she has to deal with.”

Calia rolls her eyes at her sister's trusting nature. Calia didn't understand it; she didn't understand why their father leaving them didn't affect Haleigh like it did her. They had the same father, shouldn't Haleigh feel the same?  But no, Haleigh didn't. Calia felt abandoned and often wished her father would have taken her with him. But her father wanted absolutely nothing to do with them.

|CALIA|
“Fine. I'll be quiet.”

Calia grabs her mocha coffee and takes a drink before her eyes move over to the door as a blonde walks in. Calia instantly knew it was Mikah. And if you hadn't known, you'd have never have guessed that she was pregnant.

|CALIA|
“She's here.”

Calia points over to the blonde beauty as Mikah walks to get herself a drink and something to eat.

\HALEIGH\
“Don't stare, Lia. She knows what we look like.”

Calia nods her head as she takes another bite of her cinnamon crunch bagel. Mikah orders herself an everything bagel with cream cheese and a simple strawberry fruit smoothie.  Calia watches as she waits for her bagel and drink before looking around and spotting the twin girls at a booth. Calia watches as Mikah walls over and sits down across from her and Haleigh.

||MIKAH||
“I didn't realize you two were identical twins. When Haleigh messaged me to set up this meeting, she had only said twin sister. But this...this is so weird. I am a twin as well but she is fraternal.”

Calia noticed the way that Mikah talked about her twin sister as if she wasn't a real person.

\HALEIGH\
“I didn't think it made a difference.”

Calia watches Mikah's face. She knew Mikah was in a successful place and a happy place but she could see the emotions on Mikah's face. Calia knew that a piece of her still had that cunning part that came from competing.

||MIKAH||
“You could actually use this to your advantage. This twin thing. But only if Haleigh learns the exact same moves as you, Calia.”

Calia raises an eyebrow. That thought had never crossed through her mind.

|CALIA|
“You mean, Haleigh could pretend to be me?”

Calia watches Mikah nod her head.

||MIKAH||
“Yes. There are times that I wished Mikayla and I were identical twins so that she could pretend to be me so I didn't have to be at an event that I didn't want to be at.”

Calia frowns.

|CALIA|
“There were events you didn't want to be at?”

Calia seemed shocked that Mikah hadn't wanted to participate at all times. Wouldn't she have really wanted to?

||MIKAH||
“I loved my job, don't get me wrong. I see the looks you both are giving me. It was the wrong timing a lot of the time.”

Calia understood that. Wrong timing was her middle name.

||MIKAH||
“But let's get down to business. Before I can agree to take you on to mentor you, I need to know about your personal life. Who's in it and anything else.”

Calia takes a deep breath.

|CALIA|
“Well, I am from Colorado. Haleigh is my twin sister.”

She was babbling a little bit.

||MIKAH||
“No, no. I mean things that could possibly distract you from the job or things that could make me look bad. I am not going to put any effort into you if you are going to fuck me over in the end.”

Calia looks surprised for a moment.

|CALIA|
“I...my boyfriend just broke up with me yesterday because he thinks I can't trust him. And our dad left us when we were seven years old…”

Mikah holds a hand up to stop Calia from talking anymore.

||MIKAH||
“Say no more. That right there is enough for me to say that I can't work with you. You seem to be involved in that and that is enough for me to say I cannot do it. For one, it may be too stressful for me and my baby and two, you seem way too involved in that mess.”

Calia looks shocked while Haleigh looks pissed off. Mikah holds a hand up again to stop either of them from speaking.

||MIKAH||
“But I will refer you to my mentor and the woman who trained me. She is good with basket cases and ungrateful people.”

RECORDING

|CALIA|
“I used to be an ungrateful person. I never appreciated those in my life as I was still waiting for the other shoe to drop or looking for somebody's acceptance that I was never going to get. Ever.”

[BCC6CC]She smirks at the thought.[/color]

|CALIA|
“I began to see that being ungrateful was causing me in my life. And yet, here's Alicia Lukas being an ungrateful bitch because she had to be in a repeat triple threat match at Blaze of Glory.  She doesn't realize how lucky she is. How she should have been thanking her bosses for even putting her in the match. Because she won, didn't she? She got the Bombshell Championship back and now, she's sitting there all--well, not pretty let's face it but sitting there all high and mighty on top of food chain.”

She shakes her head a little bit.

|CALIA|
“And now, she gets booked in this match for the first round of the Blast From the Past tournament against me and my partner Hitamashii or whatever his name is. She probably thinks she has it easy and that she has the win in the bag.”

She laughs a little before moving and sitting up and crossing one leg over the other.

|CALIA|
“She is probably sitting on her high horse and feeling as if she's already won this tournament. She probably thinks she can win this match on her own without relying on her partner.”

She laughs again.

|CALIA|
“But here's the thing. Just because I am a new face and new to this whole world, it doesn't mean that I am a pushover. I may be small but I have the ferocity inside me to help me beat her. And her partner. And as for my partner, well, let's just say that he better be bringing his A Game.”

She rolls her eyes at the thought.

|CALIA|
“I knew that the chances of me getting my boyfriend as a partner were very slim but to get a person who I know absolutely nothing about and hasn't reached out to me? Well, that's a slap in the face.”

[Color"#bcc6cc]She just looks around before looking back at the park.[/color]

|CALIA|
“And speaking of slaps in the face, I can't wait to slap you in the face, Alicia.”

STOP RECORDING

Date: 3|22|2019

Calia sighs as they sit in their hotel room after an afternoon of preparing for Sunday's edition of Climax Control. Calia was lounging on the bed in a pair of NIKE capri length leggings and a quarter zip Nike pullover in a light purple shade. Jack was writing something down.

|CALIA|
“I miss Lincoln. And Haleigh.”

Jack couldn't be sympathetic toward the dog. He wasn't a dog lover but Calia loved that dog.

|JACK|
“I am sure that Lincoln misses you too. As for Haleigh, I cannot speak for her.”

It was the best that he could do when it came to the dog. She looks at him with a weird look on her face.

|CALIA|
“I have never been this far from Haleigh. Ever. The farthest we have been away from each other is when she is in California.”

Jack wanted to be empathetic for her but he didn't have that special twin connection that Haleigh and Calia had with one another.

|JACK|
“I'm sorry babe. But you know she's thinking about you and cheering you on from Cali.”

Calia sighs but nods her head. She knew that Haleigh was being super supportive of Calia's new adventure.

|CALIA|
“I know. But it is still so weird.”

She understood that Jack didn't completely understand their connection. And that was okay. She enjoyed being with him, too.

|JACK|
“Hey, I'm here. I'm glad you're here too.”

He moves over to her and gives her a hug before sitting next to her.

|CALIA|
“I am glad you're here too. I do appreciate you being here with me too.”

She smiles at him before grabbing his hand and lacing her fingers with his.

|JACK|
“Are you excited for this weekend, Cali?”

Each of the people in her life had a different nickname for her and Cali was Jack's.

|CALIA|
“Nervous. I do not know if I am ready.”

Her emotions were showing on her face. She looks at him and he squeezes her hand.

|JACK|
“You're ready. I've seen you in the ring and you're ready.”

She looked unsure, even as he tried to reassure her.

|CALIA|
“But I am going up against Alica Lukas. She is the current reigning Bombshell Champion…”

She holds a nervous look.

|JACK|
“And I have a partner who is probably not too reliable. We will power through it.”

She offers him a smile before leaning in and kissing him.

|CALIA|
“I love you.”

He smiles and kisses her again, trying to give her a little more confidence.

|JACK|
“I love you too.”

RECORDING

|CALIA|
“Two short days are left for both of us to wait through before the time runs out and we're stepping into the ring.”

[Bcc6cc]She holds up two fingers.[/color]

|CALIA|
“I am sure that you're a great competitor, Alicia. But as a person? You seem sort of shitty.”

She leans back against the bleacher seat behind her, relaxing a little more.

|CALIA|
“I know that you're the Bombshell Champion. I know that you're banking on that being intimidating to little old me. Because I'm brand new to the company. And if you scared me, I would definitely been intimidated.”

She smirks a little.

|CALIA|
“But you don't scare me. The only thing that scares me is that I could possibly win and advance to the next round. I am good in the ring because I put everything that I have into learning a new skill. I may be tiny but I am mighty.”

She stands up and adjusts the skinny jeans she was sporting.

|CALIA|
“This isn't like facing Seleana or Dani Weston. And while they're good in the ring, you could have studied them. You could have watched hours and hours of footage of their matches to study their style but what can you do about me?”

She smirks arrogantly at the camera.

|CALIA|
“There is nothing you can research about me. You can stalk and go through my Twitter but you will find nothing of use to you. You will find out that I love my dog and argue with my boyfriend.”

She smiles at the camera.

|CALIA|
“And none of that will help you in finding out what I am going to be like when you step into the ring with me. I am a wild card and you won't know what to expect. But me? I get to watch all of your previous matches, Alica…”

She smirks again before looking around.

|CALIA|
“And I will know what to expect when it comes to stepping into the ring with you. And as far your partner? I'll let Hitamashi deal with him.”

She starts to walk away from the camera, not saying anything else as she leaves the area.

END OF RECORDING