Author Topic: Dead Men Tell No Tales  (Read 333 times)

Offline Griffin Hawkins

• View Profile
    • Griffin Hawkins
Dead Men Tell No Tales
« on: March 22, 2019, 10:29:30 PM »
  I love international travel. It gives me a chance to see the world. This time we were headed to Dublin Ireland for Climax Control. As soon as me and my image consultant Geoff Matthens landed, we checked into the hotel and decided to take a look at this country. On this bright morning, we looked at the buildings around us on the cobblestone road as there is massive land in the distance.

Griffin Hawkins: Ah yeah, here we are in the heart of Ireland. Isn't this place awesome?

Geoff Matthens: Why can't you be cranky in the morning like normal people?

Griffin Hawkins: Jesus...someone's a grump. I figured you'd like travel.

Geoff Matthens: I do..I'm just trying to get used to going overseas.

Griffin Hawkins: Once you settle in, you'll have some fun.

Geoff Matthens: You need to remember this isn't a vacation Griffin, we're here on business. You've got your first match back in this company...first impressions mean everything.

Griffin Hawkins: I wouldn't call this a first impression, I was here before remember?

Geoff Matthens: I know that..but you've been gone for such a long time, this is your chance to pick up where you left off. And it starts with Kedron Williams.

Griffin Hawkins: I'm well aware. I'm on the road to some gold, and it all starts with him.

Geoff Matthens: So..anything you know about him?

Griffin Hawkins: Uhh...not much really...why?

Geoff Matthens: Did you know he is apparently a Warlock?

I then stop dead in my tracks.

Griffin Hawkins: What?....

Geoff Matthens: Apparently word around town is he is some kind of satanist or something...

Griffin Hawkins: Oh man...this freak is going down! I'm gonna kick his ass straight to hell!

Geoff Matthens: Whoa whoa whoa..relax...don't get so stressed out. There are other ways to do this...

Griffin Hawkins: ...Call the Ghostbusters?

Geoff Matthens: Um...no, I was thinking we speak to the dead. See if we can get answers on how to defeat Kedron.

Griffin Hawkins: You really sure about this?

Geoff Matthens: Absolutely. I'll ask around and see if I can find someone who can speak to those on the other side and we'll meet up tonight.

Griffin Hawkins: While you do that, I'm gonna go get something to eat...wonder what the food is like around here..

As he walks off, I can't help but wonder what this is going to do...I never spoke to a ghost before, hopefully I don't end up raising the dead or anything, that would make me look bad in my return to SCW...

------------------------------------------------

What is it with me and creepy places? Somehow I always end up going near one like a haunted house or a cemetery. I figured I listen to Geoff and do this and hopefully ward off any bad spirits who may visit me during my match. This may sound silly to you, but I always come prepared. And so we met up at BallyGally Castle later that night just as the sun was going down. We went downstairs where a man and a woman were setting up what looked to be a pentagram drawn on the stone floor.

Griffin Hawkins: ....Are you sure this will work?

Geoff Matthens: Trust me, I've seen TV, this always works.

I noticed a red haired man in all black, he shakes my hand.

Whitten Ashby: Hey..Whitten Ashby, you must be Griffin.

Griffin Hawkins: Yeah..nice to meet you.

Whitten Ashby: This is my assistant Dolores Briggs.

Delores Briggs: Nice to meet you sir. We heard about your problem..me and Whitten have been doing this for years and we have not failed once. Just have a seat.

Me and Geoff sit in the middle of the pentagram where the Ouija Board is resting.

Whitten Ashby: This castle is haunted by Marion McGavin. She often frequents this old place from time to time. Perhaps she can help you ward off the spirits.

Geoff Matthens: Let's see if she's here first.

We all put our hands on the board.

Whitten Ashby: Marion...are you here with us?..

The marker on the board moves slowly towards yes.

Griffin Hawkins: Holy shit...

Delores Briggs: Someone ask her something else...

Griffin Hawkins: Okay..um...does anyone care about the Kardashians?

It slowly moves towards.....No.

Griffin Hawkins: Damn..not even the dead like them very much..

Geoff Matthens: I think you should ask her about something SCW related.

Griffin Hawkins: Okay...will I be a champion again one day?...

It slowly moves towards Yes.

Geoff Matthens: Well I'll be..you will be champion once more..

Griffin Hawkins: Well..I do have aspirations for the Roulette Title. I wanna ask something else. Uhh...will the Ottawa Senators ever win a Cup?..

It moves over once again to...No. Is this thing serious?

Griffin Hawkins: Oh come on! They just need new management!

Geoff Matthens: Griff!...I think it's time to get serious.

Griffin Hawkins: Okay okay...will I beat Kedron Williams?

I hope for a yes...but then it goes to no.

Griffin Hawkins: This game sucks! I'm not playing anymore!

I get up and leave the room, Geoff quickly follows me as he stops in the hallway.

Geoff Matthens: Hey..its okay. This is just the ghosts opinion..

Griffin Hawkins: Well this ghost is a bitch! She doesn't even know hockey!

Geoff Matthens: Just calm down..we'll just ask her some more questions about Kedron, okay?

Griffin Hawkins: ....Fine.

We go back in and see both of the spirit guides working the Ouija board...it looks as if there is wheels on the bottom of the cursor.

Griffin Hawkins: You lied....

Whitten Ashby: I...we..

Angrily I go for him, but Geoff has to hold me back.

Griffin Hawkins: You lied! You Irish bastard! You mocked my love of hockey! I'm gonna kill the both of you!

He manages to pull me out of the castle as I'm trying hard to go back in.

Geoff Matthens: Will you please calm down!?

Griffin Hawkins: I will not calm down! We're gonna see if the Irish really bleed green!

Geoff Matthens: Look, if there is anything this should teach you, its not to listen to anyone's opinions on your match...alive or dead. This Kedron guy..yeah he's probably dark and scary and all that, but being scary doesn't win you matches..wrestling does. That's what got you this far, and that's what's gonna get you the victory.

I don't know what it was...but he made a lot of sense. I shouldn't have to go through all of this.

Griffin Hawkins: Kedron's going down..I'll see to it.

Geoff Matthens: That's the spirit. Just go out there and fight. Let's head back to the hotel, this place is creepy enough at night.

Griffin Hawkins: You go on ahead..I'm gonna go take a walk.

He nods to me before walking away, I take one last look at the castle before walking away from this creepy run down place. It didn't matter if Kedron was a warlock or not...he would meet his end one way or another.

------------------------------------------------

Cameras open up to what looks to be....a gallery. Pictures are framed on display for the camera man to see. I step from out of the shadows, dressed in a all black suit and tie with my hair in a ponytail. I look to the camera and speak.

"I make my return to Sin City Wrestling...in one of the more successful companies I've wrestled in. We've all seen my return at Blaze of Glory..and now, I am no longer in the referee stripes. I make my return against an unknown. A mysterious warrior who is shroud in mystery and darkness...looking to spoil my return match. The Son of Salem...Kedron Williams. Not much is known about this man other than his dark history. He's looking to bring his brand of darkness into Sin City Wrestling. But as history has shown...darkness can be purged by light, and I am that light."

I step between the paintings, making sure I am seen.

"Kedron is a man cloaked in darkness, many believe I will be the first victim as he begins his reign of terror of SCW. I think otherwise. See Kedron, I never faced you before...but I have faced your type. I've been in the ring with guys who claim to be all big and dark and scary and what have you. Clowns..Zombies....once I beat the hell out of a Priest. The point I'm trying to make Mr.Williams is that I'm not intimidated by you. Whatever smoke and mirrors or mind games you have planned..they don't move me. Because I've seen everything in my long career..and nobody has been able to intimidate me in the slightest. The ones before you paid the price for their sins against humanity..and it's time you do the same. But before that, I'm gonna give you an education."

I go over to what looks to be a picture of a black headless horseman.

"I know what you're thinking..this is the Headless Horseman from Sleepy Hollow. Well..it's not. This is the Dullahan. In the Irish Fairy Realm..it spread fear in the hearts of those in Sligo and Down. It is known for being one of the more feared creatures in the old Irish tales. Like the Dullahan...I built a reputation for myself in my last visit here in SCW..taking on the likes of James Tuscini and Dmitri, and like the Dullahan, both were slain and fell at my feet as I went off into the night. Kedron..do you really want to join them and the rest of the warriors who thought they could take me down and return home triumphant? I advise you to look through my matches and see what I am all about..see that I am the real deal."

I go to a picture of a brave warrior on a horse.

"Finn McCool..a warrior of Irish Mythology..a giant if you will. He and another giant known as the red man shouted threats to one another from across the sea. Many wondered when the clash between these two titans would happen..and now centuries later...two men are standing across the ring from one another. One will walk away victorious...the other will go home in defeat. See Kedron...this isn't my first time here in SCW, they know who I am. But for you...this is a chance for a first impression. Do you really have the right to walk around with a badass name like the Son of Salem?"

I slick my hair back a little bit.

"See Kedron...you don't realize it yet, but you stand in my way of the inevitable. I came back to SCW because I have some unfinished business here..and anyone who knows me, knows that I hate to leave things unfinished. The last time I was here, I was one of the more dominant stars on the roster...and hopefully you bothered to look into the past and see how I dealt with threats to my legacy. You think you're the first dark and scary looking guy to come down the pike and get in my way? Last time I was here, I beat a Vampire...if I wasn't intimidated by him, what makes you think that I will be by the likes of you."

I see another picture on the far left. I smile and walk up to it. It looks to be a woman who is flying through the air..her long dark hair cascading down to her shoulders.

"The Banshee....her wailing screams will ring in your ears..they usually mean the end is coming. While I may not have her pipes, I let off a metal yell when I am decimating my opponents.  Do you really know what is coming Kedron? Do you know the Irish heroes...the Irish ghosts that we have seen tonight? You look to have seen your fair share of ghosts and demons. But what's gonna happen when you come across someone who isn't afraid? Someone who is looking to burn you from where you stand?.."

I step up to the camera man, making sure to be seen.

"If you're gonna show up to Dublin Kedron..you better show up correct. Because I am coming to pick up where I left off here before Sin City came to a close.
You don't scare me Kedron...you don't intimidate me in the slightest bit. I've seen people like you all my career and they all act like they are just going to come in and take over SCW, scaring their enemies into thinking they'll be sacrificed or killed. I've seen fear, I've seen intimidation....and you come nowhere close to it. At Climax Control...I'm gonna burn you at the stake. The City of Dublin...is gonna get rocked."

I then turn away, going into the shadows as the camera man focuses once again on Finn McCool one more time before packing everything up.
user posted image

Accomplishments
Internet Champion(Final)
2017 Future Star Of The Year
Roulette Champion(x2)