Author Topic: Illegal Activity?  (Read 841 times)

Offline The Jersey Devil Diva

• View Profile
    • Joanne Canelli
Illegal Activity?
« on: April 19, 2013, 08:20:58 PM »

Act 1: Challenge Accepted

“I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.”
Mark Twain

\'user

The scene opens on the Canelli estate. The late afternoon sun burned through the windows of the vast estate, as the white clouds floated in silence high above. The grass on the front lawn had already started turning a bright green, while the trees that lined the estate grounds started to bloom out in bright colored buds and flowers. Kids played behind the high walls that surrounded the other homes away from the prying eyes of the press and nosy neighbors, while gardeners tended to the latest perennials that had gone into the ground just a week before.  The camera soon focuses on a large part of the Canelli estate around the back of the house that held the indoor swimming pool. The glass windows were steamed up from the heat within. The camera soon focuses on a figure lying on one of the lounge chairs, wearing nothing more than a deep blue two piece bikini was Joanne. She had been relaxing for the last two weeks until Erik had called her to be at the show. Her day had been filled with meetings and the usual duties of a Don, but now it was time to relax, and just enjoy the rest of the day.  She stares out over the water lost in deep thought not moving, but just sitting and watching, as if waiting for something.

Joanne: Karina are you wonderin' why I didn't come out to the ring that night and beat your ass when you threw out that challenge out for me? Well let me enlighten you. I don't waste my time on pathetic little pretenders that think they have a snowballs chance in hell against me. I helped Necra beat the shit out of you that night because you not only crossed her, but me as well. I'm not here to make friends, or to win titles, but I'm here to prove just how good I really am, and if that means gettin' into that ring with you again, then so be it. We've stood toe to toe more than once and this time around you will be on the mat by the end of this mystery match and I'll be the one to walk away from it all with another win under me.

Her eyes never leave the surface of the pool as she stares down at the bright blue water.

Joanne: I've been in this business a long time and learned that it's nothin' more then a game of numbers when you really think about it. The more people you have on your side, the better you feel and you know that you will always have someone watchin' your back. Tell me Karina will you have someone on your side cheerin' for you, tellin' you that it will be all right after you lose the match? Or will you walk away from our match and go to no one? My team will be behind me no matter what happens, and I know there are a lot of them that would love nothing more than to get involved in this one... Who knows... maybe they will.

She smiles to herself, as the door to the pool area opens. Reno and Rude walk in, and sit on either side of her.

Reno: I thought we would find you in here. Are you coming with us to pick it up?

Joanne: I need to get dressed but I'll be there.

Rude: Are you sure? I mean shouldn't you be training for your match next week?

Joanne: Not really. I'll be ready to face Karina by next Sunday. I mean I've already faced her a couple of times and managed to hold my own against her. Let me go and get dressed, and I'll meet you downstairs in a bit.

Reno: We can handle it if you don't want to go.

Joanne: The last time they jipped us, and I want to make sure we get what we deserve.

Reno and Rude both nod, and head out of the pool area as Joanne gets up and adjusts the lower half of her bikini. She leaves the pool area and heads for the stairs leading up to her room. She reaches her room, and heads to the closet and pulls out a tight fitting shirt and pants and sets them on the bed. She faces away from the camera and undoes the clasp of the top part and tosses it to the side, before slipping the shirt over her head, and grabs the pants and walks behind the changing curtain that was by the bedroom door. She soon steps out, and is fully dressed. She grabs a pair of shoes and a leather jacket before heading out the door and down the stairs.

Joanne: In little under a week Karina you and I will be put into some kind of match, by the Roulette wheel. It's funny isn't it? A game of chance can and will lead you to your downfall. I'm not goin' to back down from the match no matter what they throw us into. I've been in a lot of matches in my career in other feds and I've always managed to get through each and everyone and next Sunday night won't be any different Karina. You think you can beat me? The last time you stood against me didn't fair out to well did it?

Joanne reaches the bottom of the stairs, where the guys were waiting for her.

Scarpaci: We put the call in, and it'll be waitin' for us when we get there.

Joanne: Good. Let's go.

They all head out to the car that was at the bottom of the stairs and get in. The limo soon pulls out of the long driveway, and passes a white van with the words "FLOWERS BY IRENE" on the side. The camera moves inside and we see FBI agents sitting inside with listening equipment all around them.

Agent Smith: They're on the move.

Agent Jones: They're going to get the stuff they mentioned on the phone. This could our big break in this.

Agent Smith: Lets get going, or we're going to lose them.

Agent Smith gets into the drivers seat and starts to follow behind Joanne without anyone really noticing. The van was a good distance back, and wouldn't be spotted.

Scarpaci: Are you ready for your match next week sis?

Joanne: I will be. But Karina had some nerve to throw that challenge out that night. I don't know who she thinks she is, but she's not goin' to be standin' long enough to challenge anyone else on Erik's side.

Reno: I have to admit she as pissed at what you and Necra did to her the week before.

Rude: Even though it was pretty damn funny.

Joanne: Can I help it if Karina picked the losin' side? So far we hold almost all of the Bombshell Titles at the moment, and they have one.

Joanne leans back in the plush crushed velvet seat and stares out the window at the city passing by. The match wasn't going to be easy, and Karina might get the upper hand if a match type in her favor, but she wasn't going to let that happen no matter what she had to do.

Reno: Besides we'll be at ringside to help you out if you need it.

Rude: Yeah, we'll toss Karina back in the ring to you if she manages to get out, or even stand by the end of it.

Joanne: I know, and by the end of the match Karina will wish she was dead. I'm makin' sure that I'm walkin' out of that ring with the win under me and she is left with nothin' but pain and misery. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty.

They soon pull off of the turnpike and head toward a strip mall that stretched on for a bit. They pull up in front of a small restaurant with a sign that read:

"SPEEDY'S CHINESE AND PIZZA EMPORIUM"

in bright lights across the front. The car stops, and Joanne steps out with the boys following behind. They head inside and head for the counter not knowing what was going on outside. The FBI had gathered and waited for their chance. Joanne and the boys reach the counter, where a little Chinese man stood. He smiled and came around the counter as Joanne took his hand.

Joanne: It's good to see you again Speedy.

Speedy: You're five minutes late. What took you so long?

Joanne: Traffic. Is it ready?

Speedy: Of course. If you hadn't put two of my kids through college already then I would tell you to get lost... Everything is ready and after you leave we're closing up shop for the night. You cleaned us out.

Reno: Awesome.

Joanne: How much do we owe you?

Speedy: The usual. Plus tip. Cash only!

Rude: We know... Here.

Rude takes out a wad of cash and hands it to Speedy. The little man smiles and walks back behind the counter to put it into the till for the night. As he does the sound of smashing glass is heard, as a swat teams comes crashing through the front window, and front door of the small restaurant. The swat team draw their guns as Joanne and the others put their hands up.

Speedy: Who's going to pay for damages?

Agent Smith: That's enough out of you Speedy! We have you now Canelli! We heard everything and now you're going to be put away for good!

Joanne: What do you think is in those boxes?

Agent Jones: We don't have to think, we know Miss Canelli. This is your biggest shipment of drugs yet!

Joanne and the others burst out laughing as the two agents draw closer to the counter to examine the contents within.

Speedy: I don't know where you think you are but I don't run that kind of business. I sell Chinese food and Pizza. But you can look inside the kitchen and see if you spot any crack cooking things.

Agent Smith: I'll start with this pizza box. It's easy enough to put a...

He opens the box as his face goes white. Inside the box was a perfectly crafted hand tossed pizza with a number of toppings, still steaming. He closes the box as Joanne folds her arms in front of her.

Joanne: A pizza maybe? If you want to know what the rest is, look on the menu that has thin's circled... That's what we ordered for dinner.

Reno: Is it illegal to order out now?

Rude: Damn if it is, I'm going to call my lawyer! Rodney King will have a field day on your cracker asses!

The agents back away, as the sound of sirens are heard coming toward the plaza. Two cars pull in, and they pile out surrounding the building and the swat team that had arrived a few minutes earlier. A dark haired, rather built man walks through the broken front window shaking his head.

Joanne: It's good to see a friendly face at least. They tried to arrest us for orderin' dinner Blitskin.

Blitskin: They did? When I call their superiors they are not going to be happy. Miss Canelli and her associates frequent here on a regular basis, and so does the police force when they are on break. I can tell you right now that there is nothing or illegal activity going on here gentlemen. Now Speedy can file charges against you for breaking his windows and front door, and I hope he does.

Speedy: I want someone to pay for damages and the trauma...

The agents couldn't believe what they were hearing. Everyone was against them, and they didn't have a leg to stand on. They turn and head out, and get back in the van as does the swat team. They soon pull off, leaving Joanne smiling all the while.

Joanne: Gawd damn FBI don't respect shit! Speedy I'll get everythin' fixed for you, but go after those two assholes for the trauma you suffered. Now if you excuse us we are goin' to home to eat.

Blitskin grabs Joanne by the arm and smiles leading her to the limo that was waiting for them.

Blitskin: Since I have you here, we haven't gotten our cut for this month yet...

Joanne: It's in the trunk. I was goin' to brin' it you in the mornin'. But if you want it tonight then I'll get it for you. Hold this.

Joanne taps on the trunk and it pops open, revealing a suitcase sitting in the middle of it. She takes it out, and hands it to him, taking back the bag of food from Blitskin.

Blitskin: Nice doing business with you Miss Canelli. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Blitskin opens the door for Joanne and she slides into the backseat with the guys following behind. The night hadn't gone like she had planned, but it was eventful none the less. The FBI would always try and take her down, but they never could get anything to stick. She had most of Jersey under her thumb and that was the way it would always stay.The limo soon pulls off leaving the scene and the tail lights fade into the darkness as the scene fades to black.

>

"We are the Mafioso; and we get paid to kick your ass!"

Hits: 14  Survivors: 13

Current Bombshell Internet Champion
Bombshell Tag Champion
Bombshell Roulette Champion x 1