Author Topic: Truth and Consequences  (Read 871 times)

Offline Austin James Mercer

• View Profile
    • Austin James Mercer
Truth and Consequences
« on: October 14, 2021, 06:23:32 AM »
Truth and Consequences

Austin wasn’t ready for this.

He had been pacing back and forth and his kitchen for the last 25 minutes. Every single time he thought he came to a conclusion on what he wanted to say and how are you wanted to say it a new problem came up in his mind. His stomach ache, his heart raced. And he had a headache that hasn’t disappeared for days. After talking to the lawyer Austin realised he needed to come clean with Amy. He had to tell her everything that happened.

But let’s rewind a little.

Amy had issues with her ex-boyfriend, the father of her son. And her ex-boyfriend’s parents. The parents had come into Amys life demanding time with their grandson. In the beginning Amy was open to it, that was until they started making demands that work for exceeding what anyone in their position should have even tried. As time went on and Austin tried, in vain, to mediate everything that was happening between them, it became exceedingly more clear that Austin would have to be honest with his sister about the past.

You see, Amy had found out that Austin went to see her ex-boyfriend, a man named Xavier who she believed was dead. She thought Austin had just found him, talked to him, and hidden the fact he was alive from her. The truth was much darker. The truth was that Austin went to see Xavier, he threatened him, hit him, and told Xavier that if he ever stepped foot near Amy or her son Austin would break him in half.

He acted like a protective older brother. Instead of a respectful older brother.

But now Austin had a decision to make. If he hid what he did and Xavier turned up and told the truth it could damage Amy’s reputation and the case against the Coates family. And for the last 24 hours Austin had played out every eventuality of the conversation with his sister in his head and in none of them did he come out unscathed. He knew it was wrong, to not be honest with her, he also knew that what he did back then was wrong. He was angry and frustrated and hated the fact this piece of trash human being took advantage of his sisters good nature.

He had the conversation with himself, thinking over everything that she might say back to him, everything that he could use to try and get her to see his side while also apologising. And Austin would apologise.

He closed his eyes, took a deep breath in, and turned to move towards Aimees room. A large den sized studio on the ground floor of Austin’s home. It was a large room with its own shower and bathroom, a small room with the door where Amy could put her son, Austin‘s young nephew. It was good for her to get away but close enough the family that she could always rely on them. And for The last few months everything had been great. Amy had got herself together, she was working, she wanted to fight all of this to keep her son happy and healthy and do the best for him and for his future.

But now Austin stood right outside the door his hand balled into a fist ready to knock. But for a man who gets into physical altercations for a living, for a man so large and imposing, he was sure as shit scared of his little sister.

Knock knock

”Come in!” her voice was light and melodic. Almost as if she was singing. Austin took a sharp breath in and pushed the door open, Amy looked up at him and smiled, some clothes in her hand as she folded her freshly dried laundry. ”Hey Aus, what’s up?” she gave him a warm smile, she kept at her work folding her and her sons’ clothing. The room was clean kept impeccably organized, her long brown hair the exact same color as Austins was tied back away from her face. She had started working out and was in amazing shape. Amy had been taking great care of herself, she had come so far from the young girl that Austin found in that mental hospital all those years ago.

He swallowed hard, folding his arms over his chest as he stepped around the room. ”So, I’ve been thinking and…Amy we need to make sure Xavier and his parents can’t blindside us…” his voice was strong and confident, trying to lie to himself and Amy through tone.

She gave him a small not spinning off the balls of her feet and turning towards the bureau in the corner. She opened the top drawer and pulled out a stack of papers. Turning back to Austin she gave him a slow not and held them out in front of her proudly. ”Way ahead of you.” Austin reached out taking the papers and looking down at them, names, dates, a small description of things that happened. Where Amy was and why. He raised his eyebrows looking up the page back to his sister. ”Already contacted most people on that list, they will vouch for me…if asked.”

Character witnesses. Austin smiled and gave her a nod, it was smart and a great move on her part. He chuckled and handed the papers back. But then he swallowed hard again and shook his head remembering why he came in here in the first place. ”Thats a great start but….it’s not just you and your past.”

”What do you mean?”

Austin let out a loud and forceful sigh. He reached out lightly touching his sister on the shoulder and leading her towards the bed to sit down. ”You better sit down….I have something to tell you…” Amy sat on the edge of the bed, Austin folded his large arms back over his chest, he took a deep breath in before starting. This was going to be a long night, with a lot of explanations, a lot of apologies. And every inch of anger he was about to receive he earned it. But that is what families do.

Burial.

”As if there was ever any doubt.”

Austin growled and smiled. His long hair was down, flowing over his back and shoulders as the boyish grin that was now hidden behind a bushy beard twisted upward.

”Tempest and I are still the reigning and defending sin city wrestling mixed tag team champions. And the sad truth is, that the question people are starting to ask themselves isn’t when are we going to lose these championships. It is if we are ever going to lose these championships. If you look at Tempest, and you look at me, you look at what we can do and the kind of domination that we can impose on every single other person who we face in these matches then the answer is clear. We will be the champions until we choose to no longer be.”

“J2H Is a legend in this business and this company. He came back to team with Crystal, he wanted the mixed tagteam championships and he also wanted to be me. Contrary to popular opinion I am still a sort after scalp in this company. A former Internet champion a former world champion. Those are titles and Championships not given out freely, you need to earn your way in this company and being a former world champion get me a certain amount of respect. Or at least should.”

“J2H is still a legend.”

“But, I think we now know that if he ever decides to come back to this company he will need to put some work in to recapture his former glory. Because just coming into this company and jumping in the ring expecting to be successful against someone like me is a grave mistake and a error that you think he would be smart enough not to make. However, do any of you think it is a little bit unfair that after Tempest beat Crystal like she was nothing Crystal gets a opportunity at the bombshells championship? Don’t you think that is a little unfair? The truth is that my tag team partner could run through most of the bombshells division with ease.”

He starts to get fired up, pacing back and forth before throwing his right arm out and pointing as if to illustrate his point.

”Part of me thinks that maybe I am holding her back. That without being in a tagteam with me are defending these championships tempest would hold one of the other ones by now. Whether that is the Internet the roulette or the world bombshells championship she is dam sure good enough to take any one of those championships when she feels like it. Something that our opponents definitely have trouble with. Especially Violet Amelia Holt.”

“How are you Violet?”

“You know it actually pains me to admit this. But I’m actually impressed with you. I am impressed that somehow after being completely destroyed last week you somehow got a title opportunity. I am impressed that after you got annihilated last week you are still going to drag your broken, beaten, decimated body down to that ring and willingly face a woman like Tempest.”

“I guess when everyone is scared to face the champions you just take the stupid ones and put them against us right?”

Austin couldn’t help but laugh, when he finished he let out a deep breath and tilted his head sideways.

”I’m also not sure whose ass Lincoln kissed to get this shot. The guy disappears for months and then waltz’s back in and gets handed a championship match. All after deciding to run his mouth about miles getting championship opportunities. Well what about you Lincoln? How many championship opportunities are you going to be handed? You didn’t deserve the roulette championship match and you don’t deserve the mixed tagteam championship match yet here you are and I bet I know what you’re going to do “Mr incredible”.”

“See you are going to come up and start running your stupid little mouth about me. You are not going to pay me the proper respect. Despite the fact that every single time you and I have been in the room together I have beaten you. And I don’t just mean I’ve straight out windows that have meant nothing. I have beaten you down and made you look like nothing. I have embarrassed you. And instead of you taking those losses and using them as fuel to make yourself a better competitor and a better man you have ignored them, you have taken all meaning out of them, and you have just gone about your business making the same mistakes over and over again and you have done nothing but tread water in this company.”

“Those who make the same mistakes are doomed to repeat them Lincoln.”

“Miles May have failed in his opportunities together championships in this company but he has acknowledged his shortcomings and tried to get better with each match. Each moment. And he has shown respect to people who have earned it and people who have beaten him. This is something that you could do that would earn you a little bit of foresight, it is something that you could do to make people realise that Lincoln Daniels is not a joke. But I know that my advice is falling on deaf ears because you just won’t listen. You have never listened. And you are going to get in that bring overconfident make the same mistakes that you always do and I am going to put you right back on your ass..”

“Then Tempest and I are going to raise our championships in the air, we are going to be a vision of champions that you can never live up to all come close to being, and we will go onto our next challenge while you and violet slip into mediocrity, a place where you belong at a place that you are stuck until you start to realise you need to listen to people who are better than you instead of fighting them. Good luck Lincoln because you know damn well against me you are going to need it”

>