Author Topic: Jake Raab Vs Senor Vinnie  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
Jake Raab Vs Senor Vinnie
« on: June 16, 2019, 04:13:27 PM »
 Post all roleplays for this match here.

Limits: 10,000 word maximum, 1 roleplay per week maximum

Good luck!  
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!

Offline Jake Raab

• "The Fiery Target"
    • View Profile
    • Jake Raab
Jake Raab Vs Senor Vinnie
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 11:47:34 PM »
 Archery pin shoot tournament day. Phoenix, Arizona. Saturday 29th June. (Off Camera)

It's something very unusual for a man who's been about shooting arrows on archery boards as it wasn't a typical club day Darren, who was Jake's archery coach, signed a few archers to portray their arching skills, representing their archery club in a tournament called pin shoot tournament. One of the competitors wasn't able to take part due to their mum, being struck with cancer. Darren selected Jake to replace them due to his potential of being a top archer.

Jake's feeling nervous, shaken up about the tournament as he had never taken part in anything like this before. Although thankfully, he had one of his friends who also was selected to take part in the tournament, Gary. Although Justin Mountain was there as well, being on hand to witness Jake shooting arrows. As of right now, Justin's talking to the coach, William, who organizes these events to get archers together to set up a plan for Jake.

Gary: "Relax there, buddy."

Jake Raab: "Nothing is relaxing about this. What if I miss up against these experienced archers?"

Gary: "I can tell you right now; not everyone here is experienced. Some of these have only done archery once or twice. Experience has nothing to do with this tournament; you'll gain it in this."

Jake Raab: "That seems encouraging to know I'm not the only least experienced guy here. You've done this tournament before then?"

Gary: "Yes, three years in a row and I love every minute of doing this hobby, not taking it so seriously, compared to some at the club."

Jake Raab: "Crazy to think until yesterday, I only came here for the tournament. Now, I've been told by Justin last night I have a match at Into The Void eight Supershow for Sin City Wrestling. He didn't tell me who my opponent is, but will show me who I'm facing against in the tournament itself."

Jake folds his arms in disgust as he knew nothing of what happens in the tournament as it's the first time he's competing, not just for himself, but to represent the Gilroy, California club as well. William had everyone gathered up in a line as he told everyone to go into their groups. Because Jake didn't have much experience, he was in the beginner group where the targets were 30 metres close to them.

There was one archer who points at Jake in his group and says this.

Beginner archer: "You're a wrestler in SCW, aren't you?"

Jake Raab: "That's right, The Fiery Target, Jake Raab."

Beginner archer:" Oh, wow, I didn't expect an SCW wrestler to be here."

Jake Raab: "Nor did I, until my coach told me to replace someone and originally, I was going to be here just for the tournament. Now, I have to wrestle tomorrow night, but for now, I'm focusing on shooting arrows on all targets and whoever's face I'm targetting tomorrow night."

As Jake says, everyone turns their head towards William who went down with the rules of the tournament and the maximum score was one hundred and sixty points. There are twenty-one targets all laid out in front of them, although they all had face targets to hit. Although Jake was taken to a particular area where he was still competiting with others, but with a twist on things. William told everyone to take their shots, but Jake wasn't going to, and William says this.

William: "Reason, why you aren't shooting archery targets, is because me and Justin decided to unveil who you'll be facing against at Into The Void eight Supershow. Plus, it's different for you as although you're still apart of the tournament with points for grabs, it's just a twist of things and the nose is the target to get. All the other parts of the guy's face are usually nine, eight, seven and onwards. Miss the face completely, no score."

Jake Raab: "I got you."

William: "Good; now follow me."

Jake was taken to the far side of the archery posts as he sees the many paper targets, labelled with numbers on a man's face. Jake comes closer and sees who his opponent is, and William asks a question.

William: "Who do you see?"

Jake Raab: "Senor Vinnie."

William: "Good, you've had a history with him before?"

Jake Raab: "Yes, in tag matches with and against each other. Admittedly, I wasn't expected to wrestle. Was expected to come here to compete in this tournament. Well, I better get to it, looking at Vinnie's eyes before laying my twenty-one targets of him with my arrows."

William nods and agrees with Jake; he should leave him alone, although he pats his shoulder and wishes him luck in the tournament. Justin stands well back from Jake who was about to look in Vinnie's eyes, a man he hadn't seen in ages, a man who has a golden briefcase from winning a ladder match against five other wrestlers back in January.

He signals for the bow and arrow sign, just like he does before his matches as he lines his arrow carefully at the target and shoots the arrow that lands in the mouth area of Senor Vinnie. He moves to the second target and shoots him in the nose area. From then on forth, he shot many of the targets. Majority of them hit Vinnie's nose, although some are located at the ears and the eyes.

Jake waits for William to check over, but while he waits for William, Justin comes over to him and says this.

Justin Mountain: "I say you did a good job here with the targets."

Jake Raab: "I felt angry for some reason again while shooting at the arrows."

Justin Mountain: "Has it got to do with something that happened in the past with you and Vinnie?"

Jake Raab. "Yeah, like I've been unable to beat this guy. I cost him the tag match, and I lost straight up against him in the tournament, one I'm banned from because of my lack of effort."

Justin Mountain: "That's the past. Although he'll remember the past, the fact is that you and Senor Vinnie have never faced each other one on one, and you're better at solo matches than in tag matches."

Jake shakes his head; it seemed to be a Raab family thing when it came to tag matches, none of them apart from Markus and Samuel had any success in the tag division, well mostly down to Jake not having a friend to talk to in SCW. He grinds his teeth and says this.

Jake Raab: "I'm also sick of being alone in SCW. It seems nobody wants to hang out with me."

Justin Mountain: "I understand, but it's also because you haven't tried. Everyone else seems to get along great. After all, didn't you hear me when I said you should make friends with Ben Jordan?"

Jake Raab: "I know I should, considering he was the only friend Markus has, but he has issues to deal with at the moment, almost similar to Konrad's actually, but only Ben hasn't gone off the rails, Konrad from watching SupremeCW Breakdown this week has."

Justin Mountain: "Why not show Ben Jordan how much you're willing to be friends with him by assisting or talking to him with his issues?"

Jake Raab: "That's a good idea. Maybe I can become a hero that way, instead of just proving with my win and loss records. Maybe I'll also challenge Kedron Williams for a match as well."

William comes a few minutes later as he checks the targets Jake hit as he nods at Jake, asking him a question.

William: "Are you sure you are a rookie?"

Jake Raab: "Of course."

William: "Because from what I can see, nearly all of the targets of your arrows apart from a couple have been spot on. Good job, Jake, you're through to the second round."

Jake went to look at the other targets others have done, and to his surprise, he did better than the majority of the competitors in the tournament, although ten archers did better than Jake, he smiles, finally at least a small accomplishment he achieved in the archery tournament. The beginner archer came back to Jake and said this.

Beginner archer: "Senor Vinnie, huh?"

Jake Raab: "Yep, seems like it. We've got a lot of history, regarding being tag partners both together and against each other. Now, it seems SCW want me to get Vinnie ready for the SCW champion who I have no respect for whatsoever."

Beginner archer: "But he defeated Fenris for the title."

Jake Raab: "I could care less what that prick has done, insulting and trashing Lord and Konrad Raab behind their back is not worthy of my respect."

Beginner archer: "I understand. Trashing family members is wrong, especially if they aren't apart of the company."

Jake Raab: "Even I wouldn't stoop that low to insult his family as I'm not a scumbag like he is, hence why I refuse to talk about him."

Beginner archer who has yet to say his name nods at Jake before William gets everyone who went through to the second round in their positions and places again before William shouts fire to all beginner participants. Jake does without any hesitation which then got him, up until the final when he was going up against the most experienced beginner there was, Blake.

Justin Mountain: "That aggression Jake, seems like you're fired up."

Jake Raab: "Fired up to beat Blake and Senor Vinnie is correct, after all, I wasn't nicknamed Fiery Target for no reason you know. I was made to do this hobby and made to be a wrestler. I've done everything by myself without anybody assisting me, changing into a better person."

William: "Oh, wait a minute, you are a good person, and that's from what I've seen today."

Jake Raab: "No, I wasn't. If you call me trashing on the owners to a point, I got a title shot out of it, along with acting like a dickhead a good person, I don't know what planet you're from. I regret and hate myself every day over it."

William looks over at Justin, and he nods to know Jake's telling the truth about the past of his mistakes and William says this.

William: "You lacked experience; that's why you did the things you did. However, it doesn't seem like you lack experience with this. I go to say in a few months, you'll promote yourself to the expert class in no time when you have time to show up. Anyway, let the finals begin."

Because it was the final of the beginner's tournament, everyone kept quiet, and Jake was brought a lot closer to Blake, considering all the other archers were out. Both Blake and Jake were careful with their targets this time around as Jake smirks at Senor Vinnie as he shoots at nearly all the nose targets, except for eight arrows, while Blake missed the middle target by twelve arrows. Jake was declared the winner, earning respect from Blake and other archers as they shook his hand and holds up a cup of winning from his group.

Jake Raab: "I finally accomplished something in archery. This is better than winning my first wrestling title, one I've earned with hard work, instead of trashing this archery club to get there."

William: "Congratulations, Jake. Usually what we do with the winners is they go up against the other winners of the tournaments we have today and have the same amount of metres you've done today."

Jake Raab: "I'm not afraid of going up against experienced archers. After all, taking risks is what I do in the ring in every single match anyway, especially if it means taking risks against the experienced Senior Vinnie."

Everyone, including William, nods at Jake's thought process of how he approaches the wrestling business as he takes himself in line to go up against the rest of the winners an hour later. William had to make 21 more print outs of Senor Vinnie pictures for Jake to shoot as he placed them on the targets Jake's meant to hit. Once everyone took positions, they were told to go, although William whispers in Jake's ear.

William: "Try your best; nobody's expecting you to win."

Jake nods before turning to the targets with his arrows and hits them very carefully. He's a bit intimidated on the others shooting rapidly than he did. He had the lowest score of all the experienced winners, but it was a good challenge for Jake to witness, and he earns respect from everyone, and he says this.

Jake Raab: "Wish it was like this from everyone in SCW, but they keep dwelling the past, just like I know Senor Vinnie will. Anyway, I have to go now, got a match to prepare for and see you guys soon."

Jake collects his bow before he opens his bag and places it, along with the wrist protector, the medal and the cup in there. After he zips it up, Jake puts the bag on his shoulder before he walks back to the hotel to get some warm-up done for the match against Senor Vinnie in the hotel gym, before heading to his hotel room, three hours after gym work to head off to sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things will not be the same as in the last match, Vinnie. Jake's Camera (On Camera)

"I had no idea I was wrestling this Sunday at Into The Void Eight Supershow, until Justin Mountain, one of the SCW trainers told me last night because the truth was, I came here mainly to win the beginner's archery tournament I won yesterday. It's the first trophy I've won since the Honor title, but the difference between them is I worked my butt off to earn this cup I won early this morning.

However, now I have to wrestle against Senor Vinnie, my real job than sticking to a hobby I've done earlier. Of course, Vinnie is a tough wrestler, I remember facing him in tag matches as my partner, and against each other and well, I guess that's why nobody in SCW wants to team with me or be my girlfriend.

I have nobody to talk to or interact because of my past, but how many times I've said I've changed? I feel like I'm repeating myself on the record because nobody has noticed any changes I've done since that time. Same goes to Senor Vinnie who'll go and brag about his wins over me and how I've let him down.

I admit I did let him down in the tag match and being the one to defeat me in a tag match, can't change the past, but what I can change is the future. Problem with all of that is that win against me was in a tag match. We've never fought in a one on one environment and if I'd known earlier about us fighting, damn right I would've done a lot more to promote it.

I know you got a big match coming up against Austin which you deserved to face due to the briefcase you hold, but imagine if that's on the line in this match and I defeated you for the three count or by submission? What would that mean for your championship challenge against Austin?

I can see you've done tag matches with Amy, being another thing you've succeeded and I failed in finding a tag partner to team with. I want to be a tag competitor, but I can't seem to find a female wrestler, willing enough to do so and a female who's single or could be my friend. I've had no one guiding me to the top; I've not had my cousins getting involved because they are focused on their own companies.

You are a threat and a big target for me, but as the title states, things will not be the same this time around because unlike the tag tournament, I'm more focused and determined to defeat you. I certainly have more confidence and pride for myself, than some punk kid who disrespected SCW and getting title shots out of it when I shouldn't have been anywhere near it.

I've learned from my behaviour and became a better wrestler and not only that but found my own identity of being The Fiery Target because everyone views me as a target each time I step in the ring. Why's that? Because I've stepped up and changed, something a few wrestlers refuse to see because they are stuck in the past, refusing to see changes I've done to myself over the last few months,

I know your an intimidating guy who could use the brutal and violent style on me, but you know what? So can I as most of your wins have been impressive, even the mixed tag matches with Amy you've had lately, but this match truth been told is your toughest competition you've had in a while. I've indeed scratched and clawed my way up the top without help and consistently improving to be the top wrestler in this company.

Because that's where I want to be, but not only you're in the way of doing that, but I got to earn it. I haven't bitched or complained since March, and I don't intend to because I learned about the business quicker than a rookie should. I have no problems getting my hands dirty if I have to and no issues showing you how much Jake Raab has changed.

No problems how much motivation I have to win, although you have a bit more because of the golden briefcase, as people said, if I win this match, it will be one of the biggest wins of my wrestling career because of the level of wrestling you produce in the ring. It also means I have to step my ass into gear as well as I will come to the ring and shoot arrows out of my ass and do everything it takes to win the match because I will and can win, something everyone must believe in themselves they can do. I will either pin or submit you, showing the champions how much of a mistake it is to overlook me and even yourself as well. That's all I have to say, see you in the ring, Vinnie."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 12:45:19 AM by Jake Raab »
>