Author Topic: Fighting for Redemption of Jake's behaviour.  (Read 397 times)

Offline Jake Raab

• "The Fiery Target"
    • View Profile
    • Jake Raab
Fighting for Redemption of Jake's behaviour.
« on: May 24, 2019, 11:43:55 PM »
 Acting class: Getting over a lack of confidence, standing in front of a camera private lesson. Huntington Beach, California. Thursday, 23rd May. (Off camera)

Both Jake's acting coach and his wrestling trainer have talked a lot about Jake's lack of willingness to stand in front of the camera, doing his stuff like he's been told to do many times. Jake's always fearing the worst of him saying the wrong things and hating himself for it. Although they see Jake saying he wants to turn over a new leaf of his life from the early days of SCW, it always came across as if it was forced.

All day today, they had the cameras out with Jake firing shots to the archery targets. Edgar and even Justin knew it was the only thing stopping Jake from being a star of SCW. It was confusing for the pair of them as they got Jake's character down, but it's the fear of being judged and lacking confidence was the problem, and they do a few more tapings of Jake before they stop for a little while and Edgar says this.

Edgar Davies: “Why aren't you committing to be in front of the camera yet?”

Jake Raab: “Because I just want to wrestle and win.”

Justin Mountain: “Be honest, Jake. You said to me you're not confident and you still hate yourself for the things you've said in Germany. We are going to continue until it makes you understand and realise you aren't going to go anywhere in your career if you only wrestle. That's why it leads you not getting title shots in the first place.”

Jake Raab: “I only got them because of the comments I said, and everyone said, and they were right; it was a stupid thing for me to do. It's something I regret doing to this day. Should've kept my head down and get right to work.”

It bothered Jake to see the patterns of him not having any confidence to stand in front of the camera and talk. He even tried last week, and he says this.

Jake Raab: “The only reason why I didn't do it last week was not only I lacked confidence, but what am I meant to say when my opponent last week didn't say a damn thing about the match?”

Justin Mountain: “He has a point Edgar, he had Blade Alexander who didn't say anything about the match. Not to mention, I see Jake's too shy to make new friends as well as backstage. When someone says hi, he says hi back.”

Edgar Davies: “You shouldn't give a damn about people judging you, be a star and proof you're worth a damn. It's not the MMA world dude, it's wrestling, and you need to be the fiery target.”

Justin Mountain: “Especially when your opponent this week is going up against Kale. Yes, we get you had to leave for a bit due to the death of your cousin's husband's dad, we're sorry about that, but now you have no excuse not to go around and stand in front of the camera and speak.”

They had a point; Jake needed to know who his opponent was and fast when the guy he's fighting is an SCW title contender after winning the Blast From The Past tournament. It was something Jake had to prepare for, especially when it comes to having another match twice in a row.

Edgar Davies; “You need to feel the energy and be yourself, be the guy the kid's fans you'll gain by firing arrows from out of nowhere.”

Jake Raab: “Yeah, I know I need to do something backstage to get camera attention on myself, but when I was lost what to say, that's the problem.”

Justin Mountain: “We're also concerned about the comments of you not being genuine with the comments of turning over the new leaf of your career. I don't know if you meant it at all. The way you spoke and the way you had a body attitude, you looked like you wanted to say something more to me, especially about two other wrestlers.”

Jake Raab: “Look, I meant every word about wanting to turn over a new leaf and forgetting the past of what they've done. Besides, they have other goals to focus on, likewise with me, earning my way to the top of the ladder. Anyway, we should continue with the sessions.”

Which is what they agreed on as Jake had to be completely focused on Kale who could very well beat Jake, especially he's on an undefeated streak as of right now. They continued where they left off with the camera stuff and Jake, focusing on wanting to be known as The Fiery Target, making a twist into the character he wants to be. Jake begins to understand how important it was to be a star and people taking him seriously as a wrestler.

They see Jake finally for the first time since he started the acting school, begin to see Jake's confidence, doing whatever he wants to do with the arrows, even trying to line them up and firing at the targets. Jake has a smile on his face, nodded on the job he's done after five hours on-camera work as it wore everybody out.

Justin Mountain: “Now, do you feel confident standing in front of the camera?”

Jake Raab: “A bit. It's just baby steps right now. I want to get more confident.”

Edgar Davies: “To do that, you will get your ass backstage and talk. Even if you hate the thought of it, be completely different like being a guy who's all about firing arrows to the archery targets and being a fiery target in wrestling.”

Justin Mountain: “Of course at this point, everyone's eyes will be on Kale, to see if he can defeat you in the ring, considering the guy hasn't had a single loss yet in his career, but that's why SCW have you placed against him because they know you can be on par with him. They know you'll give him good preparation for the SCW title match.”

Jake Raab: “I agree, although I will not say the champion's name mainly because I want to leave things with him and me in the past. Already, they made comments, but I'm no longer going to pay attention to them. They can say whatever they want, but it's not true, nothing they say will cross my mind anymore because I'm only focused on targets in front of me, not ones behind me. I do think they got their hands full anyway.”

When Jake said that, Justin and Edgar nod and applauded Jake for the encouraging speech, he had to tell the teachers to never give up in something he dreams of doing. The session was over as Jake then heads straight down to the gym to work out, with Justin Mountain watching him from the background. He receives a text on his phone, and he looks at Jake as if he's seen a ghost. Jake was coming over anyway, and he says this.

Justin Mountain: “Have you joined another company lately?”

Jake Raab: “Yes, I have. I can't name the company cos you know, rules as apart of SCW, although they don't stop you from signing to other wrestling companies, it's just me wanting to get better in the ring. Also, I want to find a girlfriend that I don't think I'll be able to find in SCW as most of them are taken. I want to get a girl in my life too, but you know about that story sooner than later. The point is I will go on and become the top wrestler in SCW and do anything it takes to defeat Kale, and I will do nothing, but help him be ready to go for SCW title and winning it.”

Justin Mountain: “I'm proud of you for something you've wanted to do to join another company, even if some people don't get it.”

Jake Raab: “They won't, but I don't care anymore because Kale is in my way, I'm going to do everything it takes to give him his first ever loss in SCW, only the fiery target can give him a fight he deserves, especially facing the SCW title contender is huge. I can only think about helping him a bit and see how he does, but the top wrestler will win.”

Jake continues to do training as he wanted a piece and quiet, for five hours. After that, he heads straight back to his apartment, having a very exhausting day from doing camera confidence better, but also some gym work to ending off the day of it being very successful and knowing he's more than ready to take on Kale.

-----------------------------------------------------

Are you ready to reach levels you've never reached in your life? Jake's camera (On camera)

“Wow, how things have changed with me facing against the top champion to Kale being a title contender. Let me congratulate you on your big Blast From The Past win with your tag partner. You deserve the shot for the SCW title, and I also know you'll win as well because you deserve to be champion with the amount of hard work you've done around here, proving yourself time and time again.

I can't say one bad word about Kale when he's undefeated. Of course Kale, you're in my way this week, and I have to do something, even if you aren't, but I will make you ready to take the opportunity with your hands and do anything possible to win the title.

But while your wins are incredible, you're last solo's win I believe was against Caleb Storms, but you need to find something to be aggressive and bloody violent as I know you can be. You have nothing, but my respect, even if you'll likely call me all sort of names under the sun because of my past, but you've earned respect from everyone in the locker room.

While I can't wait to face you because you're dominant, but you know what they say about dominating streaks come to an end, right? I'm sorry, but it's not going to be your night tonight because I'm the toughest wrestler you've come across in your entire career so far. You do have some weaknesses in your game as everyone else does, but I'm a threat to you on getting the loss because I'm on redemption to prove myself to be the top wrestler of this company.

You might be the bigger target for me to hunt down than I am, but you have to come in the title match with a killer instant wrestling style which is the only way you can beat against them, and you are facing the fired up Jake Raab who will target some parts of your body. I will go all out of bringing you the best match anybody has ever seen and tear the house down of the arena in Reno, however, I will be the one who will beat you to capture for the three count because your undefeated streak is over.

Everyone can see it coming, and it will happen tonight, despite you being in the position to face the SCW champion, but I wish you all the best of luck because you will need it since I refuse to lose. I can't afford to lose because I will earn my way to get a title shot, the way I should've been doing many months ago, but I learnt from that and gotten better for it.

Good luck because you're going to need it against an opponent who's full-on fire and a guy who is your target to win this match, unleashing arrows in my ass. I will beat you down until I stand in the middle of the ring to win the match, breaking that undefeated streak you have, being one of the few guys that can do it. See you out there, Kale.”
>