Author Topic: “Facing my Fears!”  (Read 512 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“Facing my Fears!”
« on: June 25, 2021, 09:58:26 AM »
Caleb had stamped his spot in his second Roulette Title Match in a row on PPV picking up the win over Lincoln Daniels after he hit the Metal Storm! However, he might not make it to Summer XXXTreme IX in one piece because this week on Climax Control, he has a one on one match against Fenris! And this time, Caleb challenged Fenris! No, we’re not kidding and to be honest, we’re not sure what’s going through the young metalhead’s mind but can Caleb win?

Backstage at Climax Control 303. Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday the 20th of June 2021, 18:00pm

Another PPV, another Roulette Title Shot, and I’m planning to make this one count.

But before that, I have this match coming up on Climax Control 304, you probably heard me talking about it during my promo against Lincoln Daniels earlier this week, either way, now that I’ve fought my way into another Roulette Title Shot at Summer XXXTreme there’s only one thing left to do next Sunday at Climax Control 304.

Well, okay, there’s two things for me to do, one: beat Fenris and two: make it to Sunday night without angering Fenris.

I returned to the backstage area after my match against Lincoln where I found Katie waiting for me, and like the week before she wasn’t happy.

“The stage hand gave me next week’s card whilst you were wrestling Lincoln.” Katie stated as she messaged her forehead with her free hand. “Your rematch against Fenris has been booked for next week’s Climax Control, it’s the third match on the card and it’s being listed as a Special Challenge Match.”

“Can I see it?” I asked Katie and she nodded before handing me the card, aside from the match between me and Fenris the only match on the card that involved one of my friends was Krystal’s first Roulette Title defence against Maki which was the penultimate match on the card right before the non-title Main Event between Mark Cross and Goth. “Huh, Team Dragon and Wolfe occupying the top of the card.”

“Yeah, I noticed that too, wouldn’t be surprised if Krystal shows up to next week’s Climax Control in her Dragon and the Wolfe t-shirt.” Katie joked before I handed her the card back. “Gabriel’s offer to train at the Go Gym is still good and under the same rules as last week, just don’t be surprised if Fenris shows up to train.”

“At least with Fenris, I won’t be making fun of his nickname over and over like I did against Lincoln.” I responded before checking my iPhone for any messages that I might have gotten whilst I was out wrestling. “For one thing, I’m going to be actively avoiding angering Fenris!”

“I would say “thank God for that” but Fenris is notoriously short tempered.” Katie sighed as she ran a hand down her face before motioning to the cafeteria. “Come on, we may as well catch the rest of the show.”

“Agreed.” I nodded in agreement before I followed Katie back to the cafeteria.

Caleb’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thursday the 24th of June 2021, 18:00pm

This week has been interesting to say the least.

Between Krystal training at the Go Gym for her Roulette Title Match and Mayhem Survival Qualifier on Underground and me training for the match against Fenris the Go Gym has been a hotbed of activity this week, and that was before Fenris turned up to train for our match!

It’s gotten to the point where I elected to give myself the day off today and just hang out at home with Lemmy, both so I could avoid injuring myself during training and so I could hang out with my Labrador for the day and no one at the Go Gym was blaming me for that idea.

I was in the back garden playing fetch with Lemmy when I accidentally threw his tennis ball over the fence and try as he might, Lemmy didn’t have the leaping ability to get over that fence, fortunately for us someone was on the other side.

“I take it this is Lemmy’s?” Katie’s voice rang out from the other side of the fence before she threw it back into the garden, Lemmy quickly grabbed the ball with his mouth and soon afterwards Katie came into the back garden with Krystal. “Either you threw it to hard or Lemmy accidentally knocked it over the fence with his nose.”

“I threw it too hard.” I admitted before Krystal closed the garden gate behind her and Lemmy ran up to the two women with his tail wagging. “How was training?”

“Long and hard, at least for me anyway.” Krystal admitted before the Bombshell Roulette Champion knelt and stroked Lemmy who would probably be licking her face if not for the ball in his mouth. “I was already training extra hard for the Roulette Title Match against Maki, but then SCU threw me and Ari into a tag team Mayhem Survival qualifier against the Masked Grime members Celeste and Orchid and threw my plans for the week out the window.”

“At least your track record against the Masked Members of GRIME is good.” I suggested with a shrug before motioning to the Roulette Title that was around Krystal’s waist. “I mean, you beat Royal Purple to win that title.”

“Technically I beat Royal Purple and Violet Amelia Holt to win the title, and Royal Purple won my first match against her.” Krystal corrected me as she stood up and Lemmy walked over to Katie for some affection. “Albeit by pinning Alice Knight after me and Mercedes Vargas took each other out but the point still stands.”

“As far as Maki goes, well we think you can beat her.” Katie chimed in as she stroked Lemmy. “But Celeste and Orchid are two people we’re not sure about because they are complete anomalies, at least after Royal Purple unmasked herself as Faith Simpson, we understood why she had so much success in such a short time.”

“If you mean her Roulette Title reign then you mean beating Johanna Krieger by throwing Kool Aid at her face and Sam Marlowe because she fell off the side of the cage half a second after Sam did.” Krystal commented as she folded her arms. “If I can help it, then my DQ win over Bella Madison two weeks ago will be the only blemish on my record as Bombshell Roulette Champion and hopefully once I get past Maki and Bea Barnhart at Summer XXXTreme, I’ll get that rematch against her for the Roulette Title.”

“You can only hope.” Katie nodded in agreement before Lemmy walked back up to me and dropped the tennis ball at my feet. “Try not to throw it over the fence again Caleb, that thing nearly landed on Krystal’s head.”

“I’ll try.” I nodded before I picked up the tennis ball and threw it, this time managing to keep it within the confines of my back garden as Lemmy gave chase after it.

Caleb’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Friday the 25th of June 2021, 11:00am

*Promo time*

Well, here we go,

“I know we’re halfway through the year and all, but I think I managed to get myself a lock for, at the very least, a nomination in the “WTF/Holy Shit Moment” Award in the Year End Awards for actually going ahead and challenging Fenris to this rematch! But as I said on Twitter after the card went live on the SCW Website, this match is about overcoming my fears and solidifying my status as a legend in the making and I can’t do that if I’m going to cry out in terror every time Fenris’s name is mentioned around me!”

Nope, I can’t!

“You all know the history between me and Fenris at this point but I’ll recap it anyway, I faced him and Courtney Pierce in the second round of the 2018 Blast from the Past Tournament and lost, months later, after he kicked off Kyle Kavanaugh’s head to win a match I started to worry about facing him in a match and low and behold, I got booked against him in what was likely intended to be a one off match for a warm-up for a future match that I can’t really remember, the point is, that match started the tradition of me being scared shitless off Fenris!”

I said as I shook my head.

“Because how dare I worry about facing a guy who can kick through walls and has a temper that’s almost as short as my dog’s attention span, am I right? Somehow that led to me being added to a World Heavyweight Title Match, thus making history by being the first guy to be against being added to a World Heavyweight Title Match but I digress! And after that, I was tricked into facing Fenris in a Lion’s Den Match! Need I remind you that Fenris is a former MMA Fighter and I’m not, so I was already entering that match with a distinct disadvantage!

Seriously Christian, why?!

“That match was meant to be the last one between me and Fenris aside from me getting into the Six Man Elimination Match for the World Heavyweight Title at December to Dismember II, and my main issue going into those two matches was that I had found a way to piss off Fenris beforehand! What’s that? You want details about how I managed to get on the bad side of a short tempered former MMA Fighter? Sure!”

How I survived the first time is a mystery!

“The first time was when he lost the World Heavyweight Title to Austin James Mercer whilst I was competing in that year’s Blast from the Past Tournament and I stupidly tweeted the words “THANK GOD” after he lost the title, now to be clear, I was still in the tournament like I said and I had just as much chance as anyone else in that tournament at winning the whole thing and I wasn’t celebrating the fact that Fenris lost, I was celebrating the fact that I wouldn’t face Fenris if I won the thing! And I just sounded like a politician trying to BS his way out of a major scandal, haven’t I?”

Albeit two years after the fact!

“And if that wasn’t bad enough, I went and pissed him off again when I qualified for the Six Man Elimination Match at December 2 Dismember just a few months later! This time by saying on camera, at Climax Control, that I was hoping that Fenris would get eliminated before me! And that sound heard across the world was every single SCW fan/wrestler alike face-palming hard at my stupidity and to be honest? The most I can say about that incident was that I was hoping that it would improve my chances at winning that match, not that it made much of a difference in the long run!”

As evidenced by the lack of “SCW World Heavyweight Champion” among my achievements.

“That brings us to this match and knowing my luck, I’ve probably pissed off Fenris just by bringing up the two times that I had pissed off Fenris previously! But on the off chance that I managed to avoid shooting myself in the foot before the match even started for the third time in a row, Fenris, this match is about me conquering my fears and right now, if I’m going to solidify my status as a legend in the making, then I’m going to have to do the unthinkable, I have to beat Fenris in a wrestling match!”

I can already hear Mark and Christian laughing their asses off.

“And before you go quoting Bender from Futurama by saying “HAHAHAHAHA, oh wait, you serious? Let me laugh even harder! BWAHAHAHAHA” let it be known that I have been training at the Go Gym for this match and I know that if I try to wrestle Fenris at his pace and in his style, I may as well just lay down on the matt and let him pin me for the easiest win of his wrestling career! But by wrestling my style of wrestling against him and keeping him off his feet, my chances of winning this match go up astronomically!”

It’s that simple!

“You had the advantage against me in the Lion’s Den Match Fenris and that was before we even entered the ring! But in this normal wrestling match with normal wrestling rules in a normal wrestling ring, I have the advantage if I don’t try to beat you at your own game, namely strikes and submissions! But by taking to the skies and keeping you off your feet, I stand a much better chance at winning this match! Either that or I send myself flying into a roundhouse kick and the security staff spends the rest of the night searching for my head in the cheap seats!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up,

“And I’m quite sure that Mark and Christian are dying from laughter as I finish off this promo! Fenris, we’ve faced off six times if Mercedes Vargas is to be believed, honestly? I only remember the four times that I’ve brought up but that’s either me misremembering or my memory being affected by your kicks! But this time will be different, because not only is this match about facing my fears and conquering them, but it’s also about finally picking up the win over you because you had better brace yourself because there’s a storm brewing, otherwise you’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms!”

I went to play with Lemmy in the back garden as the scene fades.
user posted image