Author Topic: Golden Opportunity  (Read 331 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Golden Opportunity
« on: August 17, 2018, 11:36:48 PM »
 Friday, August 17, 2018
Los Angeles, California
Hollywood Hills
The Home of Christina Zdunich
9:04 AM PDT

Seleana Zdunich sits on the couch aimlessly flipping through channels as she waits to see what the day’s plans end up being. The week had already been eventful with both her wife and herself going to the doctor to see how their respective injuries were doing. The doctor had told Seleana her nose should be fine while Christina had told her that the doctor’s said the arm attack wasn’t that bad and that she would be fine as well. Now, as she sits here hoping for some quiet, Seleana’s wife, the owner of the house, Christina Zdunich, walks in and sits down next to her on the couch.  

Christina Zdunich: Hey, Chickie!

Seleana smiles at her wife as she mutes the television.

Seleana Zdunich: Hej Chickie!

Christina nods approvingly at the now silent screen.

Christina Zdunich: Hey, Honey Bun, how are you?

Seleana shrugs as she sets the remote down.

Seleana Zdunich: Okej, how are you?

Christina nods slightly impatiently and yet, nothing out of the ordinary for her.

Christina Zdunich: I’m well.

Seleana can’t help but smile broadly. She always loved to hear that her wife was feeling well even when she had a distinct reason to believe it might not be the whole picture of truth.

Seleana Zdunich: How is arm?

Christina nods.

Christina Zdunich: It’s good…

She shrugs, a playful smirk crossing her beautiful face.

Christina Zdunich: Good enough to please you.

Seleana’s eyes flash as Christina gives her a knowing grin.

Seleana Zdunich: I am glad neither of us was hurt that badly.

Christina leans over and kisses Seleana passionately.

Christina Zdunich: I love you, Babe!

Seleana can’t help but bask in the afterglow of the kiss, that warm feeling she can’t get enough of just flowing over her as they sit there together.

Seleana Zdunich: I love you.

Her hand finds Christina’s and they fold together.

Seleana Zdunich: So, will you explain football to me some time?

Christina almost laughs as she nods.

Christina Zdunich: Yeah, I know you will be good. You are tall.

Seleana snickers.

Seleana Zdunich: You said that before basketball too.

Christian frowns at this mention.

Christina Zdunich: Basketball?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: On the cruise.

Christina nods, her free hand coming over to pat Selean’s as she continues to hold onto it.

Christina Zdunich: Just trust in me.

Seleana leans over and kisses Christina again just as Christina ahd kissed her earlier.

Seleana Zdunich: I am. That’s why I played on the cruise and why I play now. Is really like rugby?

Christina nods, barely considering the question.

Christina Zdunich: Yeah a bit.

She squeezes Seleana’s hand encouragingly.

Christina Zdunich: So what do you wanna do today, my lovely wife?

Seleana smirks back the way Christina usually smirks at her.

Seleana Zdunich: Beside you?

Christina sits back in mock surprise.

Christina Zdunich: Oh you wanna fuck me?

Seleana smiles, clearly loving this.

Seleana Zdunich: ¡Cómo no!  

Christina moves in and the two get to business.  

Friday, August 17, 2018
Los Angeles, California
Hollywood Hills
3:01 PM PDT

Seleana walks around the living room of the house, pacing as she considers what to do next. The announcement of her next match in Sin City Wrestling against Amy Santino in the Gold Rush Tournament had left her practically sweating bullets whenever she had time to actually focus on the match. Amy Santino’s résumé spoke for itself, especially when placed next to Selerana’s, a fact that was more than  little disheartening when she looked at the two on paper next to each other. Finally, after a good twenty minutes, Seleana stops pacing and dials a number to the apartment of her cousin in New York City, Alexi “Storm Zdunich-Priest and Alexi’s husband, Robbie Priest. With both having been active in wrestling for years, Robbie being a multi-time champion himself, one of them would be able to give her some advice.  

Robbie Priest: Priest residence, Robbie speaking.

Seleana closes her eyes at the sound of Robbie’s voice. This was going to be better than she’d hoped.

Seleana Zdunich: Robbie!

Robbie’s surprised voice answers her almost immediately.

Robbie Priest: Sel?

Seleana nods slowly.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja!

The surprise is quickly replaced by happiness.

Robbie Priest: Are you calling for Alexi or Scarlett, Love?

Seleana bites her bottom lip for a second and then nods to nothing in particular, hoping this won’t come off as awkward as she feared it would.

Seleana Zdunich: I… you.

The surprise in his voice returns with a vengeance.

Robbie Priest: Me?

Seleana nods, again to nothing in particular.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja.

Robbie pauses for a second and then his voice comes back, audibly curious.

Robbie Priest: I must confess to being intrigued. To what do I owe the pleasure?

Seleana steels herself.

Seleana Zdunich: I have a match…

Robbie Priest: Right… ?

She sighs heavily.

Seleana Zdunich: It’s another opportunity…

Trailing off, she knew she needed a better explanation for how she was feeling, but what would do?

Seleana Zdunich: And it’s against someone who has literally done it all here in Sin City Wrestling. She’s a legend and she’s back…

She starts to trail off again but Robbie is able to fill in the blanks himself.

Robbie Priest: And you don’t know how to handle this?

Slightly relieved, Seleana nods vacantly.

Seleana Zdunich: I’m honored, I’m…

Again, she starts to trail off and Robbie fills in a blank for her.

Robbie Priest: Starstruck?

Seleana shrugs. Was this what she was really feeling?

Seleana Zdunich: Maybe…

As she goes quiet, Robbie sighs in almost fatherly fashion.

Robbie Priest: What’s really wrong, Love?

Seleana looks up to the ceiling, fear and shame filling her mind.

Seleana Zdunich: I…

She shakes her head, biting her lip again.

Seleana Zdunich: I feel like I’m…

Unable to find the words for ehr admission, she shakes her head again, tears starting to form in her eyes.

Robbie Priest: It’s alright, Love…

She can’t help but smile at Robbie’s reassurance. This was one of the many reasons the entire Zdunich clan had taken to him when he’d married Alexi nearly a decade ago.

Seleana Zdunich: I feel like I’m letting Christina and Brittany down. I mean, Christina has been a champion I don’t know how many times including here not long ago. Brittany was just the Bombshell Roulette Champion here as well and I…

Again, Robbie is able to fill in the blanks for her before she even finds the blank is there.

Robbie Priest: And you’re still trying to play catch-up?

Seleana nods, grateful for his insight.

Seleana Zdunich: Yeah…

Robbie lets out a soft snicker as he continues.

Robbie Priest: Sel, you’re only been wrestling for what, eight months’ time?

Seleana nods again.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja…

Another small snicker escapes Robbie’s lips.

Robbie Priest: And you trained what, two months before that?

Seleana barely moves.

Seleana Zdunich: One.

Robbie lets out a full-fledged laugh.

Robbie Priest: Sel, for someone who’s only barely even been in this country for a year and only been working as an athlete in a professional sense for eight months, you’ve done splendidly! No one is a world champion right off, especially not after they spend ten years working overseas in an animal preserve beforehand. When first got to the States, you were looking at working at places like the Georgia Aquarium and Busch Gardens, were you not?

Seleana nods as she takes this all in.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja.

Robbie Priest: Stop beating yourself up for things beyond your control. You’ve found that you’re talented and very good at this. You’ve even achieved championship opportunities despite being targeted because of who your wife is, yes?

Seleana shrugs, nodding yet again.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja…

Robbie Priest: Hold your head up, Lass. You’ve done more in your first eight months than I did and look at how I turned out once I knew what i was doing.

Seleana manages a small smile.

Seleana Zdunich: Four world championships?

Robbie Priest: Five with a chance at a sixth this weekend in Toronto.

Seleana starts to nod slowly.

Seleana Zdunich: So, you are saying I…

Robbie Priest: I’m saying you shouldn’t worry about your exact win/loss record, Lass. Look at what you’ve accomplished. You walked into one company with no experience and did well enough that when that company closed on you another had a job practically waiting for you and you’re still there, earning opportunities that others would kill for. Just continue to do what you are doing, learning and improving as you go and everything will work out fine for you.

The smile expands and intensifies.

Seleana Zdunich: This is what I was calling you for, Robbie. Tack…

Robbie Priest: My pleasure, Love. Good luck in your upcoming match.

Seleana Zdunich: And you in yours.

She ends the call and then ponders this as she walks into the next room, smiling as she goes.

Friday, August 17, 2018
Los Angeles, California
Hollywood Hills
5:00 PM PDT

The camera opens to show Seleana Zdunich standing in the living room of the home, the signal coming from a phone on the end of a selfie stick. Seleana nods to the camera respefully.

Seleana Zdunich: Amy Santino…

She nods in acknowledgement to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: First, I want to thank you for actually talking to me instead of Christina. That seems to be a common tact no matter where I go, that people decide they will take pot shots at my wife and that’s all that needs to be said.

She looks down and then back to the camera, nodding again just as she had before.

Seleana Zdunich: So thank you for not going that route this time. You are a legend and you hardly need to go after somebody you are not even fighting in order to do this.

Considering her thoughts carefully, Seleana switches hands with the selfie stick, her free one  extending up as if it will start counting soon.  

Seleana Zdunich: Second, you are correct in saying I have had an opportunity already. In, fact, I have had three since entering Sin City Wrestling.

The index finger of the free hand stands up.

Seleana Zdunich: The first was in a match with my step-daughter and several others who don’t matter in the end for a chance at the Bombshell Roulette Championship. Brittany won and went on to win that championship.

A second finger joins its mate.

Seleana Zdunich: My second one was in that Ultimate X match you referred to but Dani Weston did not win that match.

She pauses, her head dropping almost in shame.

Seleana Zdunich: Christina did.

A third finger joins the others.

Seleana Zdunich: Then I was afforded a chance at the Bombshell Roulette Championship and we spun First Blood rules. The Champion retained when she attempted to break my face with a kendo stick and managed to make me bleed from the nose some feared was broken at the time.

Hee free hand absently moves to rub at her face, particularly the bridge of her nose. As soon as she realizes what she’s doing, her hand pulls away.

Seleana Zdunich: Thankfully, I was not injured as badly as was feared but now, here we are, in this Gold Rush Tournament where I am fortunate enough to draw you in the first round.

Sher nods respectfully again.

Seleana Zdunich: I am fortunate because, no matter what anyone else says, I am still a rookie in this sport and any chance I am allowed to step into the ring with someone on your level is a win/win situation for me. No matter what, I learn and get better just for having the chance to wrestle you and if i win…

She shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: Then I’ve earned a victory over a legend and done more to prove I’m more than just Crystal Hilton’s Swedish trophy wife the way so many seem to think is the absolute gospel truth.

Sighing heavily, Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: I have tried and tried to prove to these people that I am my own woman but so many seem to only focus on things i know nothing of that happened when I was still in New Zealand. They do not care that nothing Christina has ever done is a reflection on me, especially what happened before I ever met her last autumn when we were both coming off…

Looking back up to the camera, she shrugs, hoping not to have to explain further.

Seleana Zdunich: Well, we were both alone…

She looks away momentarily, coming back only after she’s managed to regain herself.        

Seleana Zdunich: I am looking forward to this match, Amy. Win and I move on in the Gold Rush Tournament. Win, and I take one more step to showing the world I belong but more importantly, win and I’ve defeated a legend in this company.

A smile forms on her face as she thinks of the whole situation.

Seleana Zdunich: But even if I lose, I know i will be better than when I walked into the match, so thank you, Amy. Thank you for coming back and thank you for giving me this golden opportunity.

She nods pointedly.

Seleana Zdunich: let us make the most of this, ja?