Author Topic: Grocery Shopping  (Read 464 times)

Offline Jordan Williams

• View Profile
    • Jordan "PS"Williams
Grocery Shopping
« on: January 25, 2013, 04:45:29 PM »
 The scene opens up to a shot of Jordan Williams other new home up in the Hills in Los Angeles, California. The scene cuts to Jordan’s bed room, early in the morning. Jordan sits up in his California king sized bed, draped in silver satin sheets. There is a female laying naked in the bed, with just the sheet covering her bottom. Jordan checks his phone before getting out of bed. Jordan, wearing just his boxer-briefs, heads to the bathroom and a few minutes of draining the monster, Jordan heads to the kitchen, where aroma of coffee gets stronger as he gets closer. He grabs a cup from out of the cupboard, the pours himself a cup of joe. Jordan walks to a huge sliding glass door, where he looks out of his backyard, that has a spectacular view of the Valley of Los Angeles. Jordan yawns, then takes a sip of coffee. Suddenly, the female, who is of Asian descent,  comes up behind him and snuggles her head into his chiseled back. Jordan turns around with a smile etched on his face and kisses the female on her head. She pulls Jordan by his free hand, back to the bedroom. Jordan takes another sip of his coffee as he’s whisked away into the room. Jordan sets his coffee mug on the nightstand as they lay in the bed together. She again snuggles underneath Jordan’s arm as he cuddles her.

“It sucks I have to go home.” she says with her bottom lip poked out.

“I really had a good time with you the past couple of days.” he says.

“I gotta get ready for work here in a few.”

“Work sucks.”

“Yeah, like you would know! When was the last time you had a regular job?” she jokingly says.

Jordan instantly fires back and says: “Never! I’ve been wrestling or doing some other non-traditional job…but mainly wrestling.”

“See!”

“But the regular workforce isn’t as different from the wrestling business. I work with people I don’t like. I’ve worked for bosses I don’t like. Just like you…”

“At least you get to travel and see the world!”

“That part can be overrated sometimes. Trust me. The grind of traveling is the worse part about the wrestling business.”

“How so?” she says naively.

“Take this for instance: tonight I travel to Japan and work a short three day tour…but I work two shows a day in cities that are kind of far apart. On my last night of the tour, I come back here and travel to Vegas….Grueling shit. I don’t even want to think of all the hours on the buses and planes.”

“Well, I don’t want to think of the ten hours I’ll be at work today…hmm!” she says with her nose turned up.

“Aw poor baby!” he replies as he gets up out of the bed.

Jordan grabs his coffee cup off the nightstand and takes another sip.

“You need to get some food. You have nothing in your refrigerator but Chinese food and wine!” she says as she sits up in the bed.

“I know, I’ve been more worried about furnishing this place than buying groceries. I guess I have to buy some. I am tired of Chinese food.”

“Next time I come over here, you better have some food in here!” she says jokingly.

“Who says you’re coming back over? You get one night, maybe two-if its goods...then its on to the next one!" he says in a joking tone.

The scene fades out as the woman laughs and throws a pillow at Jordan.

The scene fades in later that morning at a local Trader’s Joe. The scene cuts to Jordan in the produce section, bagging some apples when an old lady in a motorized cart, approaches Jordan.

“Excuse me young man, can you bag me four lemons?”

Jordan turns to the old lady and says: “Um, sure.” he says as he puts the twist tie on his bag.

Jordan unwraps a bag and grabs four lemons and hands them to the lady.

“There ya go!” he says with a smile on his face.

Jordan grabs another bag and starts gathering some oranges as the woman reaches into the bag and inspects the lemons. She gets a scowl on her face and pokes Jordan on his sculpted forearm.

“Excuse me young man, can you exchange two of these lemons for two more? These aren’t as ripe.” she says with a half smile.

Jordan looks at the lady and says: “Oh I’m sorry. This is kinda the first time I’ve been shopping by myself. I usually have my assistant do my shopping. So I was just grabbing random lemons.”

“Ahh! What are you? A musician?” As Jordan goes to answer the lady, she says: “You look like a dancer!”

Jordan thinks for a moment and says: “That sounds incredibly racist!”

“Oh my god! I didn’t mean to sound racist! I’m not! I have six black friends! I play bingo with Phyllis every Wednesday!”

Jordan just smiles as he hands her the new lemons, while shaking his head. “It’s okay miss. You have a great day.”

Jordan bags his oranges and walks on. A few minutes pass by and Jordan is in the meat department. Jordan is piling in chicken and steak into his cart, when again, the little old lady pulls up next to him in the motorized cart.

“I’m sorry young man, I hate to bother you again. But, can you pass me the lean cut bacon?”

Jordan turns to the old lady, while squinting his eyes and says: “Um…okay.”

Jordan looks for the lean cut bacon and then hands it to the lady. She looks at it and shakes her head.

“I need the cheap brand, not this one. This is too expensive.”

Jordan takes the bacon from the lady and then picks out the least expensive one and hands it to her.

“There ya go, lady.”

“To clarify earlier, I’m not a racist…my daughter is married to a Mexican!”

“I gotcha lady, you’re not a racist. All is good. Now if you’ll excuse me.” he replies.

Jordan walks off as the lady stares at him.

Jordan makes his way to the dairy aisle and then doubles back and heads down the traditional aisles. Jordan is in a aisle, looking at different types of spaghetti sauce, when, you guessed it, the old lady with the motorized cart comes down the aisle. Jordan sees this and rolls his eyes, but pretends that he doesn’t see her.

“Young man! Young man!” she yells.

Jordan turns around with a irritated look on his face and says: “What can I help you with now?”

“I hate to bother you, but can you hand me a jar of alfredo sauce? My daughter needs it for dinner tonight.” she says with a smile.

“Specific brand or price range?” he replies.

“No!”

Jordan grabs a random jar of alfredo sauce and hands it to the lady.

“Oh wait!” she says as Jordan rolls his eyes. “I forgot, it needs to be organic.”

“You just said grab anything! Jesus!”

Jordan grabs the jar from the lady and scans for the organic alfredo sauce, then hands it to her.

“Thank you. I’m sorry for being a pest.” she says.

“This is my first time shopping, so I’m a little frazzled here. But…no problem. Good day, lady.”

Jordan takes his cart and speeds out of the aisle. About twenty minutes later, Jordan is about to wrap up his day of grocery. He’s in the bakery aisle when he encounters the old lady again.

Before she can say anything, Jordan says: “You know I don’t work here, right?”

“Yes, I do. Its that these employees aren’t very helpful.”

“Or have you bugged them all to death?” he says bluntly.

“They might think so. But they get paid to help me.”

Jordan raises his eyebrows and says: “That’s true, so keep bugging them! I’m just a dummy who doesn’t know how to shop!”

“But you seem nice. So I figured I’d ask.”

“I can be, but I have my limits.”

“Is it because I came off as racist?”

“No.”

“Because I use to smoke grass with the black jazz musicians back when I was younger!”

GOD DAMN!” he yells. “No, its your constant nagging! Get this! Get that! Oh wait! Never mind! FUUUCCKK! Make up your damn mind before you ask me! Is that too hard to ask!?”

Jordan’s outburst catches the attention of an employee who walks up to Jordan.

“Sir, can you calm down, sir?”

“Calm down!? I am calm! This old lady has been riding my damn dick all day long, bugging me, when she should be asking you mother fuckers for help, not me!”

“Sir, what I need for you to do is to calm down…Can you calm down for me?”

Jordan stares at the employee with a flabbergasted look on his face and finally says: “Fuck you! You don’t tell me what to do. What, you make seven bucks an hour and you think you can tell me what to do? Fuck you! And fuck you old lady! You all can kiss my ass!”

“Sir, there is no need for that kind of language, sir.”

“Shut up with all the sirs! Jesus! Oh yeah, tell Trader Joe…if that’s his real name, his store sucks. The pricing here is horrible.”

“I don’t think that’s his real name. If you’d like, I can tell you all about Trader Joe’s! I’ve been an employee for five years!” he says gleefully.

“Oh how nice! Do you not have any ambition in life?”

“Sir, there is no need to be condescending…”

Jordan shakes his head in disgust and says: “Between you and this ugly old lady…I’ve had enough of this damn store!”

Jordan grabs his cart and storms off toward the check out. Jordan tries to take a sharp corner out of the aisle, but ends up clipping the end cap of the shelves with such force, he puts a dent in the shopping cart, while knocking over a few items! Jordan backs up his cart and calmly strolls towards the registers as the scene fades out.

The scene opens up a few hours later in Jordan’s home where he’s packing for his trip to Japan. Jordan is talking to his friend, Rob Anderson; whom he has on speaker phone.

“…dude, you were verbally harassing an old lady!” Rob says.

“I was not! I was stating the facts!’

“What’s gotten into you lately? You’ve been more ornery lately.”

“What the hell does that mean?”

“Damnit Jordan, how do you not know what that means? You’ve lived on this Earth for thirty-seven years and you don’t know what the word ornery means?”

“What the hell does it mean, man?”

“You know this is pathetic, right?”

“Spare me the English lesson.” Jordan says in a frustrated tone.

“Irritable…uncooperative.”

“Oh don’t give me that shit! I have less tolerance for bullshit, Rob!”

“Or…you could be going through an early mid-life crisis!?”

“Now, this is going to a weird place, Rob. Early mid-life crisis?”

“I’m serious! It happens, man. You’ve been acting strange lately.”

“You run off and get married to a chick you knew for only two days…”

Rob cuts Jordan off and says: “Three days, actually.”

“…And I’m the one the acting weird, huh?”

“What’s next? Cussing out little kids?”

“Whatever man. I gotta finish getting ready for my trip. I’ll get at you later, man.”

“Don’t cuss the flight attendants!”

Jordan snickers as he pushes the end call button. Suddenly, the door bell rings and Jordan walks to the door. Jordan looks through the peephole to see who it is and a smile comes across his face. Jordan opens the door and is greeted by his friend and former wrestler, Dre. Dre and Jordan have been friends since 1998. Their friendship goes back to the old IWA days, where they use to be traveling buddies during that time. After the IWA, the two didn’t meet up again until GCW when Dre was apart of a group called the Westsidaz. After the group dissolved, Dre ended up teaming with longtime rival, Marco Garcia to form the Untouchables. They had a notable feud with The Association. They greet each other with the high five-shoulder hug combo. Dre walks into the house, surveying it. He nods his head impressively at the nice home. Dre has a seat on couch that Jordan had imported from Italy. Jordan heads to the kitchen and grabs a couple of beers. Jordan hands one to Dre and then Jordan sits in his recliner as he cracks open his beer.

“Once I heard you were in LA, I had to come see my boy!”

“Damn man, its been forever. Since what? 2002?” Jordan asks as he racks his brain trying to figure out the last time he saw Dre.

“GCW days, it’s been a good minute.”

“Yessir. How’s the bail bonds business these days?”

“The good thing about living in LA, there is no shortage of fuckin’ criminals!” he says as they both laugh. Dre is a native of LA. He grew up in Watts before starting in the wrestling business. After he retired, he got in the bail bondsman business.

“I heard that! They should put you on a TV and call it: Dre, the Bounty Hunter!”

“Hell yeah, fuck Dog the Bounty Hunter. Over there looking like Diamond Dallas Page an’ shit!”

“It’ll be a great show!” Jordan says.

“Damn straight it would!” Dre says with a smile across his face, while drinking his beer.

“Who do you got working for you?”

“Them two rottwheilers, Ike and Malcolm. They go on them hunts with me. We have a shit ton of fun!” Ike and Malcolm were apart of the Westsidaz back in GCW. The two are twins and stand seven feet tall a piece.

“I remember them two, god damn they were big as hell!”

“And dumber than a box of rocks! This the only jobs them fools could keep longer than three months.”

“I can imagine you three knocking at someone’s door. There is no way I’d run from ya’ll!”

“If only everyone felt that way! It would make my job a lot easier. Some of these people ain’t got shit to lose! They don’t want to go back to jail or prison, so they run like hell.”

“How many have got away?”

“I’m looking for three right now. One of them are in deep Mexico. The jungles. Even if I could, I wouldn’t even go to no damn jungles of Mexico to look for his ass! That even worth it. The other two, I’m working on some shit that’ll lead me to ‘em.”

Jordan and Dre continue talking for two more hours. They trade stories about crazy road trips and things they use to do. One story they brought up was the time Jordan and Dre were getting high on the roof of a hotel one night and they decided to throw a Nerf football around. The story ends up with Jordan almost falling off the roof trying to catch an errant pass from Dre. Eventually Dre leaves and Jordan goes back to packing his suitcase.
“I was returning to Japan for the first time since winning the EJPW Heavyweight Title. It was a short three day tour, but double shots on all three days. It was apart of a tradition by the office to run smaller shows after the big Tokyo Dome show. On this tour, I was of course main eventing, but in six man tags. We traveled to each show by bus. Being on the bus with thirty guys isn’t exactly my idea of fun. The bus smelled of cigarettes and farts. I mostly hung out with my buddy Jin (Power Matsuzaka). Even though I had beat him for the title, we were teaming up with a junior heavyweight by the name of Akane in these matches. It was some fun matches, I got to pull out a few old moves that I hadn’t done in a while. Akane said I couldn’t do those high flying moves I use to do early in my career and I bet him on it. So, in our match, I hit a picture perfect springboard shooting star press onto our opponents on the floor. I won our bet and he had to carry my bags and pay for my meals the rest of the trip, ha! Even at my advanced age and being two hundred and fifty pounds, I can still do these moves. Now, I didn’t get the hang time I wanted, but I still did it none the less! At the end of the tour, I was told by the office that I was going to defend the title in Mexico in a couple of weeks. I was cool with that, I hadn’t wrestled in Mexico since I lost my mask versus hair match against Apollyon, when I was Marauder. When I touched down in Vegas in the morning, I immediately drove to Reno so I could relax for a few hours before the SCW show. That relaxation consisted of me sitting in the parking lot of the arena, eating some fast food and listening to music. I didn’t want to be bothered or anything. After I was done eating, I let the seat back and closed my eyes to the sounds of Aaliyah.”

The scene opens up to Hot Stuff Mark Ward’s office in the Reno Sparks Convention Center. Jordan and Hot Stuff are talking when Nick Jones walks into the office flanked by his girlfriend and The Entourage. Jordan and Nick greet each other with a fist bump.

“Hey man, I told you Billy was going to be tough!” Jordan says with a smirk.

“Screw that loser. I can beat him, he just got lucky.” Nick replies.

HS chimes in with: “Don’t worry about Billy, Nick. I got something planned for him this week. He thinks he’s cute because he recruited those drunk pissants! He’s not getting over on us, I can promise you that.”

Jordan smirks as Nick shoots him a dirty look and says: “Who’s side are you on anyways, Jordan? Us or Billy’s?”

“You know I’m on this side, I just choose not to fight this battle, because I still think…”

Nick cuts Jordan off and says: “What? That Mark and Billy will be friends again? Newsflash, that shipped sailed long ago!”

“There’s still hope!” Jordan says  with his hands together like he’s saying a prayer and in a childish tone. “Besides, I have this tournament to win.”

“Don’t forget I’m in this thing damn tournament too!”

“How much did Mark have to pay you to join this thing? I didn‘t think you‘d be interested in it!” he says with a laugh.

“Bro, I just making sure we win this tournament. I had to enter you all. Just to show everyone that we’re the best.” Mark says with a grin on his face.

“Shit, I still don’t even know who I’m partnered with.” Nick says with his hands on his hips. “Doesn’t matter though, I’ll carry her to the win.”

“Please son, I got the best partner! You don’t even know who you’re teaming with yet!”

“Who’s your partner?” Nick asks.

“Odette.”

“Who?”

“Odette…big ass…magic man’s girl.”

“Oh right, her…You’re lucky. I hope I’m not paired with some weirdo like the dead chick!”

Jordan and Hot Stuff laugh as Nick shivers.

“That’s Tom’s partner, actually.” Jordan says.

On cue, Tom Dudely comes walking in as the scene fades out.

The scene opens up to the Reno Convention Center, with the crowd settling into their seats for tonight’s Climax Control. Suddenly “Subconscious” hit’s the PA System and the fans stand up in eager anticipation to see who is coming out. The crowd starts booing, with a few scatters of cheers as Jordan Williams comes walking out behind the curtain. Jordan is clad in black boots, black tights with lime green colored designs and the head of a dragon roaring on both thighs. Jordan also has on a black duster with similar lime green colored designs. Underneath his duster, he has on a black “Bad Street USA” t-shirt. He has his arms up in the air as the fans shower him in boos. Some fans reach out to slap high fives with him, but Jordan ignores them with his cocky grin etched onto his face. Jordan climbs onto the apron and effortlessly jumps over the top rope. He climbs onto the second turnbuckle and surveys the crowd before dropping down to the canvas. Jordan asks for the microphone and Just Decent hands him one.

“Now this is interesting. The concept of this Blast From the Past Mixed Tag Team Tournament is to honor legends of a forgotten era: George Hackenschmidt and Mildred Burke. Two pioneers of the wrestling business and real legends. So SCW decided to hold a lethal lottery to pair up sixteen Bombshells and sixteen men. I knew going into it, I would win this tournament with anyone I was paired with, but looky, looky, who I was paired with…my good buddy, that little ray of sunshine, Odette Ryder!” he says somewhat sarcastically.

The fans erupt into deafening cheers for the popular bombshell!

“Odette is the breakout star in SCW so far in 2013. Everyone loves some Odette!”

The crowd erupts into an “Odette Ryder! Odette Ryder!” chant.

“Will you people please shut up!? Don’t interrupt me with your stupid chants.” he says while glaring into the crowd.

The crowd ignores him as the chants for Odette get louder. Jordan just shakes his head in disgust as he continues.

“Anyways, Odette, I hope you understand something about this. I want to win this tournament. I didn’t enter it to be trolled by my partner. After watching your promo earlier, I sense you feel the same way, so there’s no reason to be sniping at one another! Turn your frown upside down, sweetheart! You’re teaming with the GOD of professional of wrestling! The man who is one in a million…Jordan Williams!” he says with his arms outstretched with a cocky grin on his face.

The fans boo, though some cheer. The fans are obviously split on Jordan. They have never fully accepted his new attitude.

“I will say, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw I was teaming with Odette. Even though I was talking shit to her, I still respect her in ring talent. Odette, you can wrestle and I respect you. We’re going to be hard to beat, so the sooner you can realize it and not fight it, we’re going to win this tournament!”

The fans again interrupt Jordan with cheers.

“Our opponents are Ryan Kidd and Amy Marshall. Part of the reason I joined this tournament is because I knew I’d be facing people I normally wouldn’t under any other circumstances. So that means Kidd and Marshall, you get to graced by my presence inside the ring tonight! While this tournament honors two legends of days gone by, you get the privilege of stepping inside the ring with a living legend!”

“Amy, Odette will take care of you. Kidd, you will see what all the hype is about! Why the fans, even though I hate on them and they’re still too stupid to realize it, you will see why the fans still chant my name…”

On cue, the fans start chanting “Jordan! Jordan! Jordan!”

“They never cease to amaze me. I’m that damn good Kidd. I’ve been in the ring with the best and I’ve come out on top when facing the best. Two time World Heavyweight Champion. And to prove that I can win tournaments, I also won the GPW 2001 King of the Ring tournament, plus myself and “Beautiful” Billy James won the Liberty Cup tag team tournament. But enough about me, we all know I hate talking about myself!” he says with a sheepish grin.

“This is undoubtedly the biggest match in your short stay here in SCW, Kidd. Are you going to buckle under the pressure or will you step up upset the best of the best? At some point, you’ll look into the mirror. You’ll be breathing heavily, your heart will be racing and you’ll be playing out the sequences in the match. I remember doing the same thing when I was a young upstart like you. The difference between me and you? I won those matches. It helped lay the path onto greatness. Dethroning top guy after top guy…no matter the match or circumstance. That’s how you build legacies, son. You don’t build them by having just good showings. You have to beat people in this business in order for people to fully respect you. The thing that’s wrong with you playing this match out in your mind is you keep forgetting the fact that myself and Odette will win this match. There is no other scenario. Will you and Amy put up a good fight?…eh, probably. However, your best or her best won’t be good enough because…”

The fans break out in “Too Good For Ya! Too Good For Ya!” chant, which use to be Jordan’s old catch phrase!

“You morons, I wasn’t going to that direction! Please shut up, before you continue to look like idiots!”

A loud BOOOO is let out from the fans.

“Thank you, shit! Now back to my point…When tonight’s done with, Kidd and Marshall, you guys will be able to tell your families that you got to wrestle, the immortal himself, the GOD of professional wrestling…Jordan Williams…that is all!”

“Subconscious” plays again and the fans shower Jordan in a mixture and cheers and boos. Jordan is about to leave the ring when he stops in his tracks and signals for the music to be cut off. He puts the microphone up to his mouth again.

“One last thing…magic man…mister mind fucker…don’t worry about Odette, she’s in good hands…I’ll take good care of her!”

Jordan shoots the camera a wink as he drops the microphone as “Subconscious” strikes up again. Jordan walks around the ring with his arms outstretched, before he climbs out of the ring and starts walking up the aisle. The camera fades out as Jordan is seen mouthing “O & J will win this tournament!”

<a href="http://s198.beta.photobucket.com/user/mikesjohnson3/media/JordanWilliamsgraphic_zps5ceeaa19.png.html" target="_blank">>[/url]