Author Topic: Monsters In My Head.  (Read 348 times)

Offline Pandora Barrett

• View Profile
    • Pandora Barrett
Monsters In My Head.
« on: December 07, 2018, 08:22:09 PM »
 ACT I: SETTLING IN

The signature on her Sin City Wrestling contract was still drying, Pandora Barrett had just signed with the Las Vegas local wrestling show and was incredibly excited about making an impact at the wrestling company that ran out of where she lived so it was almost expected that she’d sign a wrestling contract with the company and now she was set to have her debut match on the brand against Parand Ara. The excitement was shooting through her veins when the match was announced, but that was merely days away.

The gorgeous raven-haired wrestler had finally made it home after a grueling schedule on the road. Pandora had just walked through her front door and immediately dropped the bag onto the ground. She was physically exhausted after getting hours of training done inside the training center she usually attends when she’s home. Once inside, the malicious mademoiselle makes her way over towards her black leather couch and allows her body to drop down on the cushion leaning back comfortably and sighing. She reached her right hand up and grasp the brim of her baseball cap pulling it clear off her head before carelessly tossing it aside not really caring where it landed, she figured she’d find it eventually.

“Man, what a long day. I think those trainers really kicked my ass inside that ring.”

She shifted her feet, bringing one up at a time and kicking off the Chuck Taylors she was currently wearing without having to lean down and actually untie the shoelaces. Once she had completed that the dark beauty stretched her petite figure out along the couch cushions before making a stretch to reach across the sofa and grab the remote to turn something on her television screen just to have the noise in her ears. Pandora bent her arm at the elbow and placed her head to rest on one of her open palms as if it was a makeshift pillow and watched the screen not really caring what was on. As she watched the screen she could feel her eyelids getting heavier and heavier and it was growing harder to keep herself awake until she felt a buzz coming from her pocket.

“Man -- this had better be bloody important.”

The beauty lifted her head up from her palm and pulled her sore and tired body to sit upright on the couch before digging that palm down into her pocket and retrieving her cellular device and after a simple push on the side of the black phone she saw the image of one of her closest friends in the wrestling business, Travis Levitt come up across the screen and a wide smile began to spread from the corners of her lips.

“Oh, he better make this good.”

The words mumbled out from her tired lips as she leaned her back against the padded cushion of the couch kicking her feet up along the edge of the coffee table and further allowed her body to relax after such a hard and trying day. She swiped right to answer the call before pressing the phone up against her ear.

“Hello, Travis.”

………..

She’d pause listening in as the voice on the other end of the phone rambled off a warm hello. Pandora couldn’t resist the grin that showed along her lips just hearing the voice of her only friend in this new company.  He would understand exactly what she was going through being new to this specific wrestling brand as well.

………..

“Well, of course, I’m a little nervous. I’ve never been a part of this company before and its the first time wrestling in front of this type of crowd. But what I’m not worried about is wrestling in front of the entire roster. They need to be put on notice that another STAR in our business has come to their federation. They need to bear witness to just how dangerous I truly am. I don’t intend to come into SCW to make friends or make relationships with others, I’m coming into this federation to put their champions on notice.”

………...

Another pause could be heard as Pandora was listening closely to Travis on the other end of the phone. A small chuckle could be heard after a brief pause and she couldn’t resist shifting her body leaning forward and uncrossing her legs from the top of the table and pressed the bottom of her sock covered feet down against the hard floor.

“Yeah, I know I have the match in the bag. I’ve never even heard of this chick before, and I’ve been in a few federations since I’ve been back no one seems to be buzzing about this chick? Walking talking blanket? I really don’t give a damn what she is. All that’s going to matter is that she’s going to be the loser of our match. But you know how that is -- look who they got you facing this week. I guess we all must start somewhere right?”

………...

Pandora kept the phone pressed against her ear noticing her throat was getting a little parched. The beauty decided to make her way towards the fridge and pulled open the handle of the large household equipment. She decided to stay on the phone, leaning downwards to the bottom shelf and snagged up one of the plastic bottles pulling it free from the plastic bag that held them all together. Once she had a hold of the one she desired, Pandora turned around using the heel of her right foot to close the fridge door. Once the door came to a complete close the beauty was able to bring her hand to the top of the plastic bottle and with a simple twist of her hand twisted the cap right off. Once the plastic cap was off, she wrapped her hand around the plastic bottle before bringing it up towards her lips taking a quick sip.

“I know I don't have to prove anything to anyone, I don't owe those gorgers in the audience anything. I don’t owe the gorgers in the back anything. I plan to give the perfect example of true power inside that squared circle none of this bull crap these other “ladies” have shown here. You know that I’m more than capable of dealing with them inside and outside the ring you just show that guy you're facing your no joke inside the ring. Just like I'm going to do to Parand Ara. She’s not going to know what hit her but she will when she sees me standing victorious and my arm is raised by the referee. And believe me, I can’t wait to see the looks on everyone's face as a newcomer defeats someone who's been on the roster much longer. That’s going to be priceless to bear witness too. ”

…….

She listened to what he had to say about his opponent on the other end, taking another swig of the cool refreshing water and then decided to go ahead and get off the call.

“Yeah, Yeah, Yeah I know. I’ll talk to you later I gotta get up early and head to this physiatrist appointment in the morning to get cleared for wrestling”

………

“Yeah, me too. See you in then.”

After saying that the beauty hung up the phone with a smile showing clearing on her face. The self-proclaimed Scream Queen was exhausted from the physically taxing day and took one more glance at the photo on the screen before deciding to head to her bedroom to soak in a warm bath and then head to bed ready for what was to come next. She leaned over picking up the remote to the television once more and pressed the power button turning off the expensive entertainment equipment and then turned disappearing down the hallway into the bedroom to settle in for the night so she’d be able to refresh and hopefully get some much-needed rest and relaxation. Pandora was not looking forward to seeing this head doctor but it was a must if she wanted to work in the company. So, it gave her little choice so there was no wiggle room, there was no getting out of it. The cameras watched as she walked through the doorway of the bathroom and pushed the door wide open making her way to the marble tub and proceeded to turn the faucet on after leaning towards the side and grasping the bottle of bubble bath and added it slowly to the running water allowing the bubbles to form and then stood up to her feet once more closing the door with a simple push of the hand and turned her back towards the camera pulling off her shirt as the camera would fade into darkness.

ACT II: Monsters In My Head

It was fairly early in the morning when Pandora Barrett arrived to the SCW arena. The malicious mademoiselle was seen in her locker room after having changed out of her casual attire and into one of the wrestling outfits she had used in previous matches and snagged up her leather jacket easily slipping her arms through before glancing in the mirror.

“All right, let’s go talk to this quack.”

Pandora tugged the collar of her black jacket tighter around her neck before turning tail and walking out of the locker room. The camera followed along as she made her way through the hallway, this place was much different from the others being new to the roster meant no one knew who she was, no stagehands to offer kind hellos or how you doing at her as she passed on by. Instead, they were just busy doing what assignments they were supposed to be doing. Pandora finally made it to the door and faintly knocked on the door. After a brief pause, the door was finally answered and standing there happened to be a psychiatrist, Dr. Kingsfield.

DR. KINGSFIELD
“Hello Ms. Barrett, do come in.”

This was the last thing Pandora wanted to do, but she wanted to participate here so it gave her little choice. The beauty gave a faint nod and then made her way through the open doorway. Those dark eyes quickly scanned around at the surroundings already not liking this idea but she found her way over towards the small couch and sat down without another word. The doctor simply closed the door and made his way over towards his office chair.

DR. KINGSFIELD
“Ms. Barrett. Now I’ve asked you here so that way we can discuss your first match at SCW. I was instructed to make sure your mind is free and clear from all distractions so that way you’ll be able to safely perform inside the ring. Are you alright with that?”

“Not like I have much choice, I wanna get in that ring and whoop the headscarf off Paran Ara so all signs would point to yes. Let’s just so this damn thing already. I’ve got places to go and people to beat. Chop, chop mister head doctor.”

With that being said the raven would lay back on the couch lifting one arm into the air an swiping her finger in the air taunting the doctor to go ahead and get this show on the road. She had places to go and people to see, Pandora's time was precious and she certainly didn't want to be here right now but it was a requirement. With that being said, he held up the first picture.

\'user

DR. KINGSFIELD
“All right, what do you see here?”

Pandora turned her head glancing towards the paper and studied the black ink blot. It didn’t take her long to come to a conclusion on what the picture resembled. She didn’t bother to move rather than just turned her head and replied.

“I see a werewolf. A fearless, ferocious creature that enjoys causing mischief and trouble. Much like I’m going to do to my opponent this week. She doesn’t understand just yet what I'm capable of -- no one here at SCW does. But do, believe me, they're all going to see it. They're going to witness what its like for a true competitor to step foot inside that ring and rip that woman apart. I don’t give a damn what she’s done in the past or what she hasn't done -- all that’s going to matter is the fact she LOST again to me. I plan on causing as much trouble for her as I possibly can and she simply doesn’t have the abilities to overcome me.”

The doctor gave a puzzled expression but simply jotted the notes down on the pad of paper he held on his lap before setting that one down on the small nightstand beside the pair. He then proceeded to pick up the next one and held it out.

DR. KINGSFIELD
“What about here. What do you see in this picture?”

Once more the beauty simple turned her head towards the side looking at the ink on the paper and then a slow smile began to creep from the corners of her lips. This one she moved swinging her legs off the couch and moved the rest of her body to sit upright on the side.

“I see Frankenstein. A massive creature made -- not born, that no one understands. I feel for this creature because we’re similar in so many ways. This creature is so misunderstood. And a lot of the times people misunderstand my reasons for being in this business. They think I'm here to play nice and make all the friends I can, Oh no. I’m FAR beyond that. I want to become the best -- the BEST in any wrestling company and if I have to step on whoever I need to in order to accomplish that goal I will. I WILL step over Parand and become the winner. Everyone will take notice that I’m a true threat in this company and they will fear my name if they see it up on the match card going against them. Just like how the townspeople feared Frankenstein, I want that for myself. I want FEAR -- because with fear comes respect.”

With each answer she gave, Dr. Kingsfield was growing more and more uneasy. He lifted his hand adjusting the collar of his dress shirt and cleared his throat knowing he had just one other picture to show the Malicious Mademoiselle and frankly, wasn’t really thrilled about what answer could possibly be next from her lips. He took a breath, scribbling down some notes once more before gaining the inner strength and lifting the last picture and holding it up.

DR. KINGSFIELD
“What about this last one?”

Like the previous two, Pandora studied the photo and then chuckled. She lifted her right hand and ran her fingers through her straight black hair pulling the strands clear from her face before she spoke.

“This is the last one? And you wanna know what I see right?”

She watched the doctor nod his head waiting.

“I see Dracula, the monster -- not the person. I see a cold-blooded, dead inside, monster who takes what he needs in order to survive. It takes the one thing everyone needs in order to live, blood. I strive to be like this monster, I want to take whatever I need. And right now, I need the win. The win is crucial to my success in this company and I plan to take it straight from Parand Ara own hands. She’s not going to have any hope of surviving this matchup. She’s GOING to have another loss on her record and this one is coming straight from me.”

He took the pen in his hand and once more wrote down his findings. He then would adjust his legs pressing his feet down against the floor and set the photo down amongst the other ones. Pandora could tell that he was uneasy and it brought nothing but pure joy.

“If that’s all. I have a match I need to be training for. “

DR. KINGSFIELD
“Uhh -- very well Ms. Barrett. I’ll make sure to pass along my findings.”

Pandora simply grinned as she used her hands to press down on the cushion of the couch and stood to her feet. The beauty made her way towards the door gripping the handle and pulled it open about to walk through but she paused glancing past her shoulder towards the doctor.

“Mr. Kingsfield, it was a pleasure meeting you.”

She then chuckled before walking out the door and heading down the hallway. The doctor, in turn, closed the door and leaned his back against it. He had never been so relieved to see someone leave his office beforehand.

DR. KINGSFIELD
“There’s something wrong with that one.”

user posted image