Author Topic: The Monster That Was Within All This Time...  (Read 376 times)

Offline Kain

• View Profile
    • Kain
The Monster That Was Within All This Time...
« on: September 11, 2015, 10:48:09 PM »
 Alex Grayson stepped out of the warm mansion in black sweatpants and a gray hoodie, complete with Nike shoes and white socks. His face lifted to gaze at the sun greeting him in the early dawn and the wind was cool and breezy, a welcoming feeling. For once, he would be able to step away from his home and gather his own thoughts without any typical distractions. He needed to focus on this week. This week was different. He was encountering a man that had slew him not too long ago and has gained the right to challenge him for a championship opportunity.

Lord Raab.

Of course, Alex would never give him the satisfaction of calling anyone "Lord", especially to that monstrous creature.

Gliding down the steps, his feet landed on the concrete of the little road that leads into their garage and takes a right, running on the side, shadowboxing with his fists. Keeping his breathing in check, his mind is focused on the life that he is meant to live. He's meant to live in an environment that tests his skills on an everyday basis. True, he loves being a father to his four kids and a husband to the most beautiful woman in the world. At the same time, though, the urge to leave that plane of existence and return to his own comfort zone has been an overwhelming feeling for him. What was a man of his stature to do?

In his mind, he replayed the conversation that his wife had with one of the reporters of the Sin City Wrestling organization. She admitted to that person of her fear, yet chose to stay with Alex, because she knew that everything would be alright in the end. There's absolutely no way that he could simply abandon his wife and his children in their time of need. After all, the last argument exploded into something depressing, leaving a void that cannot be replaced by any superficial means. And they've been together for quite a long time. Why stop now? To pursue a career that could eventually destroy him in the end? It's a inner conflict that he's been in combat with for not just a few weeks, but a few months. Even though his children give him the satisfaction of being a parent and his wife giving him the love, support, and comfort that he needs after a long battle, he feels like running away from the responsibility. Put himself into more greed and power, become the monster that he allowed himself to be after his parents died in tragic circumstances.  Get rid of the human, emotional feelings that remain deep inside him and LET IT GO!

The mind continued to wrestle with his indecision as he entered the main part of his own home, Detroit, Illinois. A busy place filled with people, large skyscrapers, locomotion, and all sorts of life blooming, he ran on the sidewalks, stopping only for the cars to pass before the green light was given to cross. Even though he covered himself nicely, people could still make out his face. They pointed at him, calling out his name, either cheering or booing him. Although he acknowledged the attention with perceptible nods every now and then, his eyes stay lowered to the ground, his breathing still rapid as he continued to shadowbox. He was headed to a destination that's not far from the mansion and requires running at least thirteen blocks through the city. The cemetery wasn't the place he was thinking of, but rather a tree that's stationed at the top of a cliff overlooking the city. He found it to be a peaceful place where he could sit down and meditate for awhile on his troubles. His wife knew about the spot, of course, he had taken her there several times when he first started dating all those years ago. He couldn't help but smile at that image now, thinking how great it was for him to escape some of the troubles that haunt his realities of today. The crowd continues to cheer him on as he passes by small markets, alleyways, and buildings that were made to serve a purpose, such as shopping or apartments. He couldn't believe his luck - to be born in a beautiful city like this? A dream. But Alex's dreams extended far beyond what he imagined when he was a young boy.

It took some time, but he found himself on a road that lead upwards to the tree. He started up the road as he was taking steps, two at a time. The road was windy and filled with twists and turns, but he was able to navigate through the trail and reach the tree within moments. He stared at the sight of the tree. It was a large, tall oak tree that has been standing there for many decades and it could shield his eyes from the sun. A huge smile came across his face and he knew that he was in heaven, at least for the time being. Taking his place beneath the tree, he sat himself down, cross-legged, his eyes scanning the large, daunting city, his thoughts scattered at first.  Many times, Alex would use this place to gather his thoughts and concentrate hard on the things that bothered him the most. The battle within himself must be shut away for the time being, putting his focus all on the match that awaits him. True, he was successful in taking away both Sean and Simon's chances of becoming the SCW Heavyweight championship. But there is Raab to deal with and he won't be an easy combatant to deal with. The responsibility of that loss lies solely with him. If he were to turn things around and emerge victorious this time, there would be no turning back. Thinking of his conflict for a moment, he came upon an answer that would make him who he is without his duties interfering with his wife and children. To become the monster within the ring, with the sole mission to harm his opponents and to put them into submission without any feeling or emotional attachment involved. Raab must be dealt with in a fashion that will be just as brutal and devastating as his opponent can be. Of course, Sean's interference may have inadvertently gave him the win, but again, it was his own doing that allowed Raab to win.

This time, there would be no games being played with this man. The SCW Heavyweight championship is on the line and Alex, as Kain, has no choice but to put everything on the line in order to prove himself once again. People will be doubting him, of course; they always will find a reason to hate the man and the position that he's in. But once Raab is successfully defeated and put in his place, it would show the world that he can fend off challengers easily. More to the point, it could show that there is a different side of Kain all along. It's been there all along, really, but people haven't seen exactly HOW violent he can be. Sure, previous matches in the past have proven his brutality to be a sight to behold, but maybe with this match, Alex can finally unleash the beast and surprise Raab with the newfound rage that he has found within his heart.  In this arena, Alex can do so without harming the innocent. And there it was - the answer that would solve everything for him. He will still the father and husband that he always wanted to be, but he must let go of any attachment to anyone when he's conducting business inside the Sin City Wrestling organization. He must be just as cruel and callous as he's always been inside the ring. Maybe that's why he lost to Raab in the first place - he felt a certain connection to the fans and was fighting for them. Oh, he will still fight for them, he supposed. But he will have to hide it and continue to fight for the one person that he always stood by - HIMSELF. After all, he's the biggest badass and nobody in the world could match him in terms of his skill and speed. Raab may have won the first content, a minor skirmish, if you will. But this is a war and Alex must put aside those fragile emotions that his parents gave him. He must become the monster that he has proven himself to be time and time again. If he can successfully complete that journey and make it out of the war alive and with the belt intact, his job would be done with great success.

Suddenly, his cell phone rang, causing him to snap out of his reverie. He reached deep inside his gray sweatshirt and pulled out the latest IPhone, answering the call and placing the phone next to his ear.

Kain: Hey sweetheart, what's up?

Ariel: I'm guessing you are at our favorite spot?

Kain: Yeah, where else?

Ariel: Look behind you.

Alex turned around briefly and saw Lisa standing there. She smiled that dazzling smile of hers and continued to approach him. She was wearing a green shirt with blue shorts, her hair tied back. At first, confusion set in. Who was watching the kids right now? Before he could even ask the question, she silenced him with a single finger to his lips.

Ariel: Don't worry, I waited until the maid arrived and told her that I would be away for a bit. Truth is, I wanted to see you for awhile.

Taking his hand, she took him back to the tree and they both sat down underneath the same spot he was in originally. Lisa took a quick glance at the camera that was positioned behind the couple and made a hand motion, indicating that they wish to be by themselves. The camera obeyed her command silently and withdrew from the area and looked high to the sky instead, the sun slowing rising above them as the scene faded to black.

You know, Raab, you got the best of me. That's one for the score card, I suppose. That's on me.

This time, I'm afraid that won't be possible for the second time around.

I've came to the conclusion that I must win this fight through another kind of means. I'm not talking about brute strength or sheer intellect. No. In order to eliminate the grave threat that you pose before me, I must become a different kind of entity. It is the only way that I can stake my claim in the SCW Heavyweight championship once again. My dream, Raab. And you won't be taking away my dream anytime soon.

From the gist of your last conversation with me, you spoke a lot of things to me. The only thing out of your pathetic rambling that made the most sense was your chase of the Violence championship. I counter that by telling you that you should never have to worry about it, because the glory of it all begins with the Heavyweight champion. Think of it, Raab. You could finally get something FAR MUCH bigger than anything you've ever obtained in your entire life.

But the task in itself is not going to be an easy one to finish from the beginning. You're going against me and I've taken account of the lessons that I've learned from our previous encounter. Do you think history will be repeating itself? I wouldn't count on it. I've made it my business to secure the SCW Heavyweight championship at any cost, Raab. You may be big, strong, and powerful. But I'm smaller, faster, quicker, and dare I say it? Stronger than you'll ever be in your lifetime. I suppose my biggest problem from our last match was that I felt a sense of attachment to the outside world and was merely fighting for them. I still do, but I think the results will be quite different when I deactivate that long of kinship for the fans that watch our shows and put those heartfelt emotions aside. From that knowledge comes the realization that I must focus all my energies on the hatred and suffering of a man that stands in my way of conquest and glory yet again. Maybe that's what the fans wanted to see all this time, Raab? They wanted to see a creature of pure destruction that can easily create chaos all over the world and not feel an ounce of remorse from it. Some wrestlers have earned my respect, but not all of them. You? Only in the sense that you defeated me fair and square. Beyond that? Nothing.

So tell me, son, is that where your confidence comes from? From defeating me? I'm going to enjoy crushing that confidence into many little pieces, Raab. It is now my time to shine and I'm the only man that's worthy enough of leading the SCW into a glorious era, where every championship win that I make is done fair and square, through pin fall, submission, or the necessary way to win in any match given to me. Last time, I failed in my objective. This time, I'm going to use that loss to my advantage and take the battle to you. There will be no time for games here, no emotional attachments to aid me. If there's one thing you had to reinforce within me, it's that sometimes cold, heartless violence is the way to go. Maybe that's why you have been such a decent brawler to contend with. Not just from me, of course, but from those that you have fought in the past. Otherwise, Mark, Chris, Eric, and other forms of management certainly see you a man capable of getting somewhere around here. But exactly how far can that violence go? Will you be able to unleash more than what you can possibly give, especially if the biggest title there is today is on the line? I have NO DOUBT you'll once again push me to the limits of my abilities, Raab, and do everything you can to take me out of the game and win the title for yourself. A dream worthy of your time...but that's what I love about me, Raab. I'm the guy that holds a hammer in his hands and smashes his opponent without a second thought and the only thing that I'll get out of it is a lot of enjoyment and a crap load of laughter that ensues shortly after! It's going to be MY pleasure, Raab, to defeat you so that my loss can be avenged and the title still continues to stay wrapped around my shoulders.

Being the SCW champion, at this point in time, means EVERYTHING to me. It's been a dream of mine that I began to accumulate inside my head since I was a child, when I first started watching those big shows that everyone talks about. WWE, WCW, TNA, ROH, the list goes on and on. I'm sure you felt the same way when you saw your dark, cruel world brightened up with those scenes dancing in your head. Unlike you, however, I've had to stay on the straight and narrow as much as I can, despite the monster that I was slowly turning into. But I found the rage eventually and used it effectively and I was successful in that endeavor alone, Raab. I'm still the one man that everyone fears in the underground circuit and YES, before you even think of ask, I still participate in those battles during my off-time. After all, not only someone has to keep up with appearances, but I also use those battles, worthless as they are to me now, as a way to keep everything that I've built within my body up to speed. But you? I consider you to be a challenge, but up to a point though. Somehow, you got the best of me back then, but when I enter the ring with you, things will bring out a drastically different result between you and me, I promise you. Forget the SCW Internet championship. Forget the guy that beat me for it. Forget everything else but the present that now haunts you and your current dilemma. I'm the one man that stands in your way, Raab. You think you have a chance in pulling off the impossible? I know you want to see it possible, because it is the promise land for you, a sense of redemption or a way out of the trouble you're in now. But make no mistake, Raab, the fight will be hard, long, and QUITE dangerous. I'm not going to be putting on kid gloves and hitting you with soft jabs. Those gloves will be taken off and every punch I throw in your face will be a reminder of the true, immortal fact that I AM The King Of Kings for a reason and I am a man NOT to be messed with, champion or not. One thing is for sure, everything that I've gone through to this point will help me in the fight ahead.

And this fight, Raab?

It's going to be AMAZING.

Now, I know that you will laugh at that, if that cold, dark heart permits you to that is. But it's going to be a fight for the ages, one that everyone will remember. You see, last time when I fought, I HELD BACK. Maybe that was my problem too. You didn't. That's why you won so easily. So it made me think - what if I can match that intensity and brutality with you, step by step? The results will be different for it, Raab. I'm a monster, just like you. No matter how hard I try to hide it from the fans, from my family, from the press, or anybody, it's always going to be there, the darkness. Every man, woman, and child will have it. Yin and Yang. Good and evil. The way I see it, everyone has a choice in what to do with it - either use that darkness for bad intentions and pay the price for it or use it in an environment that legally bounds you to do without any of the consequences at hand. That's one of the main reasons why I'm in love with professional wrestling - I can be this ultimate badass that NOBODY ELSE on the planet can be. Everything that I've done in countless gym sessions, every spar or legitimate fight that I've undertaken helps me to be this man of pure annihilation. Have some been able to rival me, maybe even beaten me once or twice? Sure. You're proof of that Raab. But I'm also the guy that can brush it off and let you know, straight up, that you can't kill me and that I'm going to ALWAYS find a way to win in ANY situation, Raab. You're going to hate me for that. Why? Because of what I'm about to do to you at this upcoming Climax Control. Epic is the word to describe our next clash.

As for the SCW Heavyweight title? I intend to keep it. And I'm going to do EVERYTHING within my power to keep it with honor and pride, but to get there, I will transform into this monster that I see myself being. You and Casey Williams are monsters of your own design, I get this. But if that's the case - why haven't you come to this point yet (or him, for that matter)? I'm only mentioning him because he calls himself that...hell, EVERYONE calls themselves that. Only a few champions have been able to hold that title for a long time because they have remain detached and emotionless. I must do the same if I am to hold onto this title for a long time. You had to be the one to teach me that everyone must have a dark side and sometimes, It's OK to get it out when necessary. Climax Control, Raab, will be one of those times. When I am finished with you, Raab, no title will be awarded to you. Only thing you will get in return is your broken pride in the end. I am the most incredible fighter out there to date. I can withstand anything you can give and I'll dish it all back TENFOLD. This monster that you unleashed? He's going to want blood and I'm going to get that more than ever. People are going to think of me differently when I'm in the ring. Not as a soft-spoken man, but a man with a hard edge to him, like a sword that cuts through butter. Can your sword cut through me easily or will it be deflected and I be given no harm? Only you can decide that, Raab. Only you can decide, for yourself, just HOW BADLY you want it, Raab.

I want the title BACK in my hands. And my goal is to destroy you completely. You will fail in your mission to get something you've been craving for in a VERY long time.

And I'll be the one emerging victorious. I will have gained my revenge, settled the score with you, and walk away from the battlefield without a second glance backwards to you.

When that is done...

What will you do then?

For I am Kain...THE KING OF KINGS!

And I....HAVE SPOKEN!!!!!!!!!!!
>

SCW Accomplishments
X1 SCW Tag-Team Champion
X2 SCW Roulette Champion
X1 SCW Internet Champion