Author Topic: The Death Of A Friendship/No Turning Back  (Read 337 times)

Offline Kain

• View Profile
    • Kain
The Death Of A Friendship/No Turning Back
« on: March 27, 2015, 11:12:35 PM »
 The SCW Internet championship belt, the title that I've worked very hard for, is about to be up for grabs once again. Bruce Evans returns from his defeat to challenge me, Kain, The King Of Kings, for the belt. I have no intention of giving up this prize that I've craved since my return at Inception and there's no way in hell I'm about to let a tremendous piece of shit like Bruce Evans walk all over me for it. Make up all the excuses in the world if you want, but when I see you this week at Climax Control, Bruce Evans, I'm going to rip you a new one. You think what I did was bad? You just wait, pal, because I'm going to destroy everything about you at Climax Control!

Bucharest, Romania.

I haven't been here in a long time. But like any other country I've visited a thousand times over, this is also a beautiful place to be in. Unfortunately, being a famous celebrity doesn't allow you much time to soak in the sights, but the day before Climax Control, I've had some time to escape from the world and enter a place that I have not been into in years, the kind of place that feels both sacred and forbidden to me. It's not that I had any limited knowledge of the source, but the place definitely gives me the creeps.

Stepping inside St. Nicholas Church for the very first time, I stood near the entrance doors from the inside and surveyed my surroundings. Stained-class pictures depicted a story of Jesus Christ that began from birth, to death, then to his eventual resurrection. I wasn't here to speak with the Lord. Rather, I came to pay my respects to a friend of mine that's no longer in my life, a friendship that was close to the vest and how a single conversation could change the course of things forever. No, there wasn't any kind of love to be found here. After all, I'm married to Ariel, so it's not like I'm going behind my back. But it's the friendship that I missed, the kind of friendship where I could tell this person anything and everything without fear or judgment and she would reply in kind with honesty, laughter, and so forth. But she's gone and it has broke my heart in many ways.

I walked forward until I reached the altar and headed towards a group of candles. Standing before them, I grabbed a flaming candle nearby and lighted up others that weren't, silently thinking of my friend and of the impact that she has made in my life. Her name was Anna and she was one of the kindest souls I've ever met. She was a fan of mine that I met when I first started out in AWA and has been following me since. Not in a stalking way, mind you, but through social media, always cheering me on and wishing me luck in my battles. I was able to contact her and we have texted each other back and forth since that time. But now, we had a heated conversation that didn't end well. A few days later, she was killed in a tragic car crash. Hearing the news made my heart sank. It's one of those moments where you wish you could have said the right thing and everything would have been cool, but it didn't turn out that way.

I stood back and silently stared at the flaming candles, as the memories of our long conversations roared into my mind. Suddenly, I heard an unfamiliar voice off to my left and slowly turned my head.

Are you OK, my son?

I turned fully and gave the man a hard, but firm look. He appeared to be a priest, dressed in black, his blue eyes studying me as he rubbed his black hair once, smiling at me. He approached me and stuck his hand out. I shook his hand in return and nodded.

Yes, Father, I'm fine. I was just...

I left the sentence hanging as I turned my attention back to the flaming candles. The priest was silent, waiting to hear what I wanted to say next.

I was just thinking of a friend that passed away.

The priest placed his hand on my left shoulder in encouragement.

I do not know what your beliefs are in this world, son, but I'd like to believe that your friend is in a better place now. Was the last conversation that you had between the two a good one?

I shook my head a few times before looking at the priest again.

No, I'm afraid it wasn't. I just wish I had said the right thing or else it would have not been a heated argument that left neither side happy. I didn't even get to say that I loved her, although only meant in a friendly fashion. Nothing more, nothing less. I've dealt with death before, in the form of my parents, when they were murdered tragically in a crossfire between two gangs, so that loss was fresh back then, but somehow, I was able to overcome it and move on. But to get over a friendship like this? Am I able to forgive myself for saying the wrong thing and losing something this precious?

He dropped his hand from my shoulder and nodded to me.

I believe your friend, if she was a noble soul on Earth, would have it in her heart to forgive you and to be free from this anguish. I get the feeling that she was the type of person that loved what you did and believed in you. As long as you have it in your heart to forgive yourself for what you did, then I believe she has already forgiven you.

Suddenly, the entrance doors flew open and a gathering of people walked in, talking to each other in low tones. The priest and I made a quick glance before my gaze returned to the face of the priest, who wasn't looking in my way as he nodded them in acknowledgement. Then he faced me and smiled once more.

I'm sorry to break up this conversation, Mr...?

Grayson. Alex Grayson. And thank you for taking the time to help me. I think it has taken a weight off my shoulders. What is your name, good sir?

Damien, Father Damien. You may come to my church at anytime if your schedule ever allows it. Yes, Alex, I know who you are, but when I look into your eyes, I believe you possess the eyes of a gentle giant, so I have nothing to be fearful of. Please feel free to stay inside for as long as you like. I'm sorry to finish conversation on an abrupt, short notice, but these people require my attention. Have a good day, sir!

We shook hands once more and I watched him walk towards those folks. I suddenly felt my cell phone vibrating from the right pocket of my grey pants. I fished it out and saw that a text message appeared. It was from my wife, Ariel. Unlocking the phone, I opened up the messages and read what she had to say.

Spoke with management. Getting very close to inking a deal between them and I to possibly enter SCW as a wrestler. Will keep you updated. I love you baby!

Smiling widely, I shut the phone and gently placed it back inside before turning around and exiting the church from a side entrance.

My name is Kain. Not only am I the King, I'm officially the SCW Internet champion and I'll be reigning over this division for quite sometime!

Why is it that management has decided for another rematch? Didn't they see what happened at Blaze Of Glory IV?! Everyone thought I was going to talk another big game and then end up losing on one of the biggest nights of my career. But I changed all that! I made sure to step up my game and prove to everyone that I was not playing games at all. Rather, I was playing for keeps and I was destined to solidify myself as a new champion that night. Bruce Evans was nothing but a memory, a forgotten little shit that should have just stayed home and enjoyed time with his boyfriend.

Instead, it sickens my stomach to find out two things. One, that Bruce Evans jumped at the chance to use his rematch clause and two, that the rumors of him "having his mind elsewhere" is what cost him the match. I'm disgusted by the first fact and I'm not totally buying his excuse that his brain was drifting elsewhere, because that's just complete crap.

Do I really need to hammer in the point one more time for you, Bruce? Why is it that fools like you refuse to see the obvious? Truth be told, you held the title for a mere month and you had one successful title defense before you finally met your match. Do you honestly think that I'm about to follow in your footsteps and become nothing but a permanent shadow in this new division? No! I'm not about to let ANYONE try to crush my hopes of staying in the fight with this title around my waist for a long time. Do not sit there and grasp at straws, thinking that I don't have a chance in hell in even retaining the title, because I DO!

In fact, do you remember the fire that burned in my eyes that night, Bruce? Do you remember the unconquerable determination that swelled within me? I had nothing but the match in my mind for those two weeks. I thought of NOTHING but destroying the legacy that's Bruce Evans and walking out with every intention of becoming the SCW Internet champion! And that's exactly what I accomplished! That's the difference between you and me - I have achieved a balance that cannot be faltered in my life, while you have complete chaos in yours.

Do you understand me, boy? That's why you lost - you didn't have what it took to beat me that night. As champion, you're supposed to be the man (or woman, in the Bombshells's case) of the hour. You're supposed to be the guy that everyone looks up to and says "This man or woman cannot be beaten on any given day!" There's a reason why you won the belt in the past - you had the spark, the fire, the determination! And I extinguished all of that in the blink of an eye! From this point on, everything I do in the ring is focused on one thing - eliminating the competition before they know what hit them and taking back what I believe to be is rightfully MINE! The title that I hold near and dear to my heart will NEVER go away. I'm going to defend this title with more honor, dignity, and integrity than ever before. All you've done, Bruce Evans, is mocked the title for what it is not and tried to ruin the reputation. That will NEVER happen again, Bruce!

There's a reason why people look at Kain, The King Of Kings, and go "Yeah, he's awesome, he's the guy that is a true representation of what the Internet champion should be!" I'm not remotely kidding! To this very day, I still receive hundreds, if not thousands, of emails and letters claiming the same thing. Of course, you'll receive those harsh critics that believe otherwise, but I don't care. They are merely jealous of what I am capable of and of the success that I've earned with hard work, blood, sweat, and even tears. I'm representing a digital age and I'm here to show off exactly what I can do!

I mean, each and every time I'm on the Internet, it's fresh, new, and original! What exactly have you done, Bruce, that has made yourself capable of being great on the Internet? Here's your answer - NOTHING!

Last time, Bruce Evans, it was all about me. Today, it's still the same thing - it's all about me inside the ring. I have a lot more to prove than you ever will. I'm not a joke. I'm not a fluke! I'm not going to let you, of all people, ruin my dream! Blaze Of Glory IV was just the beginning of my epic rampage that's going to be devastating throughout the annuals of Sin City Wrestling and beyond! My name, unlike yours, is a household name and I'm raking in all the money, fame, and glory that you could possibly dream of! You call yourself the guy that had his mind elsewhere, but the truth is, you've gone soft, you didn't have what it took at Blaze Of Glory IV to take off my crown and you certainly won't be able to do that again either!

So why you? Why did management look at you and say "Poor Bruce Evans, he fought well, let's give him another attempt at the gold?"

It dumbfounds me, to be totally honest! Not that I should take anything else away that happened to you that night. Fact is, I'm surprised by that unexpected announcement and I'm happy for you in that regard. Really, I am! I'm a proud supporter of the gay and lesbian community and people have a right to be happy with the same sex. That is one accomplishment I'll never, EVER take away from you. You earned the right to be happy, so congratulations!

But that's as far as my kindness goes for you. At Climax Control, all bets are off. I'm not going to grant you any mercy. I'm not going to pull my punches. I'm the reason why the SCW Internet championship division shines again and I'm going to make that light shine brighter than any star before it, including YOU! So do me a favor, man, and try not to disappoint me, because all you're going to get is a rude awakening. When it's all said and done, Bruce Evans, I suggest either seeking employment elsewhere or coming up with a new gameplan. I'm sick of having to face the same enemy many times over, for it does not keep me on my toes. Face it, little man, you have NOTHING on me and at Climax Control, a newer, stronger, more confident Kain will emerge from the shadows and prove to not only himself, but to the world why he is that damn good, why he is FIT to represent the digital age, and why SCW will never be the same again. I've proved myself in the Tag-Team and Roulette divisions a long time ago and it's high-time I fly in the skies with my head held high, knowing that everything will be better as time goes by.

You, Bruce Evans, will be the first of many victims to feel the hammer that's about to crush you and end your fragile, worthless wrestling career. Think of it this way - at least you get to spend more time dealing with the nastiness that's going on around you while spending plenty of time with your boyfriend. In that hope, I believe that's the only positive you have in all this. So you may as well give up now and walk away. Should you chose not to? Like Blaze Of Glory IV, it's going to be a long, painful night for YOU!

If anything, Bruce Evans, remember this...after Climax Control, there is no turning back!

For I am Kain...The King Of Kings...and will still be the SCW Internet champion after it's all said and done! For I....HAVE SPOKEN!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:13:12 PM by Kain »
>

SCW Accomplishments
X1 SCW Tag-Team Champion
X2 SCW Roulette Champion
X1 SCW Internet Champion