Author Topic: Theres Gonna Be An Accident  (Read 282 times)

Offline Kristopher Ryans

• View Profile
    • Kristopher Ryans
Theres Gonna Be An Accident
« on: November 06, 2015, 06:21:40 PM »
  “When I took a break from SCW, I always knew that it was temporary. People, of course, gave me all kinds of shit about not wanting to travel. Let me ask you this though, after being jumped in Los Angeles on your best friend’s birthday, and then traveling across the world in very next day to defend a title, would you not be mentally and physically worse for wear? Would you not need a break? Would the flights, twelve hours or more at a time, not start to be painful? Despayre beat me fairly. He was the better man that night. I have no excuse for that. However, after that night, there wasn't anything left to stop me from going on hiatus. I needed time. I took my time. However, that time off was not something that went smooth. In reality, I got beat up more in my time away then I did while I was here. I was pushed from my comfort zone. I was taxed mentally and physically…. And it all started on the 21st of September. That is a day I will never forget, because that was the day that everything changed.”

============
September 21st

Kris arrived, not knowing what to expect and after knocking, Liz opened the door. The two made eye contact but nothing was said as she stepped aside, allowing Kris to step in. Liz was wearing one of the shirts Kris had left after their mutual breakup, it was big on her. She also had on shorts, but you couldn't see them because of the shirt. The puppies mingle by Liz's feet and begin sniffing Kris out, but aren't causing a fit because they remember him. Liz points to the couch.

Liz Smalls: "You wanna sit down?"

He looks at her, slightly confused by her pleasant greeting. He expected her to be angry, especially given the battle with Austen on Twitter.

Kris Halich: “Yeah, we can do that. You came across really weird in the texts. Did someone die or something?”

Liz Smalls: "No, O-M-G I would be in tears right now. Just...sit down."

Kris takes a seat, and Liz sits next to him on the couch, keeping her distance. The puppies cry wanting to join them but Liz doesn't pick them up.

Liz Smalls: "So, we obviously have a lot to talk about. I'm the first to admit I made mistakes before. As far as cheating, I've never done that. But I wasn't always the most pleasant person to be around, especially towards your friends, so first, I want to apologize."

She studies Kris' face, unsure of how he'll react to anything she says, especially given the twitter situation. He shrugs, not one to hold a grudge.

Kris Halich: “I made plenty of mistakes while we were together. I never thought what he was saying was true, by the way. I was just mad you never said anything about it.”

He sighs.

Kris Halich: “My friends, Amarissa’s family, I really don't care who else's feelings you hurt. I am really just done trying to make everyone happy. It is mentally draining.”

Liz Smalls: "What about you, are you even happy in life right now?"

Kris Halich: “I don't even know what I am right now.”

Liz Smalls: "Well, this probably isn't going to make you any less confused then."

She slowly begins lifting the shirt, but stops.

Liz Smalls: "No matter what happens, how you react, I still care about you...I want you to know that, and promise not to freak out?"

He looks at her oddly when she starts to raise the shirt.

Kris Halich: “Wait, you're taking off clothes?”

He seems confused.

Kris Halich: “Did you call me over here to seduce me or something?”

Liz laughs, nervously and scoots a little closer. She stretches her legs out ahead of her, resting her feet on the coffee table as she begins slowly lifting her shirt again. FInally, she lifts it enough to show a small hump, barely noticeable even. Her head turns and her eyes nervously move to his as she says nothing. He follows her hands when she lifts the shirt and his eyes widen. His eyes shift from the bump, to her eyes and then back several times while his lips struggle to find words.

Kris Halich: “So... you're saying that in your down time you have put on a few pounds or something? Because I know you aren't trying to say what I think you are saying…”

She shakes her head no.

Liz Smalls: "I haven't put any weight on Kris..."
She cautiously reaches over and grabs his hand. She lifts it and moves it onto her exposed stomach, the smile on her face now growing.

Liz Smalls: "I'm...we're pregnant."

He pulls his hand away and pushes himself backwards off of the couch and to his feet.

Kris Halich: “No, there is no 'we' here Liz. We broke up. And that... that..”

He points down at her stomach.

Kris Halich: “That's not real. You're not serious. If this is some ploy to get me back then it's a sick game you're playing here. I should... I..

He looks around aimlessly, trying to find something to focus on, but his eyes can only find her stomach.

Kris Halich: “No. Just no. No.”

He shakes his head several times trying to convince himself. Liz's expression changed, the smile replaced by a look of panic as she pulls the shirt down and stands up, keeping distance between them, not wanting to freak him out anymore.

Liz Smalls: "This isn't a game, or anything to get you back. We broke up with each other, remember?"

She gives a few moments to let it sink in to Kris, before continuing.

Liz Smalls: "This is a result of probably what we both did, and it affects us both. Kris, you're going to be a daddy. Aren't you happy?"

She slowly moves closer towards him. He starts to pace back and forth at the edge of the couch. The dogs start to circle with him. He raises his hands, lacing his fingers and draping the palms of his hands against the back of his head.

Kris Halich: “I am... no.. I am not capable of that.”

He stutters trying to find some new words and can't.

Kris Halich: “We aren't. Parents?”

He laughs uneasily.

Kris Halich: “The two of us? No. That's not a real thing. We can't be. That doesn't even sound right.”

Liz Smalls: "You're the first person I've told, Kris. This is real. We have a beautiful little girl or boy growing inside of me."

She walks closer, again, cautiously.

Liz Smalls: "That's why I took a break from wrestling. Why do you think I would just drop out of something when I've had so much success lately? It's because for as selfish as people think I am, I would NEVER risk our child's health, just to chase a championship belt."

She grabs his hand again and puts it under her shirt.

Liz Smalls: "Kris...we need to make this work."

He pulls free again, but doesn't make a move for the door like the rest of his body is screaming for him to do. Instead, he falls back to sitting on the couch.

Kris Halich: “I just... It's not like I... oh fuck... but…”

He sighs again, replaying her words and trying to talk his way out of the situation.

Kris Halich: “There is no "we" right now. We aren't together. This doesn't change that. It isn't going to be one of those trapping me into a relationship things. This is just…”

He looks up at her stomach again.

Kris Halich: ‘I can't do this. I'm not meant for this.”

Liz Smalls: "Fine, there's no we. I don't want you to feel trapped."

Liz remains standing, looking down at her feet and dropping her shirt to cover her stomach. Her eyes remain to the ground as she quietly speaks.

Liz Smalls: "I think you'll make a great daddy..."

He laughs, and his eyes fall to the floor.

Kris Halich: “You're insane. We would both be terrible parents. Honestly, I already feel sorry for…”

He can't bring himself to address the bump directly for what it is.

Kris Halich: “... that.”

He sits back with another heavy sigh. His eyes pull back to focus on his lap.

Kris Halich: “I can't make a right decision to save my life. I am an addict. I can't be trusted. You... Liz, let's be honest. You're as selfish as I am. You struggle to be nice to anyone. Both of us would rather be competing than sitting at home with our thoughts. We aren't parents.”
Liz's eyes shoot up, her voice raises.

Liz Smalls: "I WAS selfish, and you WERE an addict. We can change, you already have, unless you've suffered a setback?"

Not waiting for an answer, she continues.

Liz Smalls: "We CAN be great parents...I'm going to be a good mommy. I've even gave up french fries already! You know how much I love french fries."

Kris rolls his eyes, but still seems to be fighting himself internally.

Liz smalls: "I might not wrestle again Kris. As much as I love that spotlight, my first priority is going to be OUR CHILD...no one is going to give us any chance at this, but I know we can do this."

Kris Halich: “We can't do this... I can't...do.. this.”

He shakes his head as more doubts come to mind. Jason's difficulties. His own father. Everyone was screaming in his head.

Kris Halich: “You don't want me around this baby. I can't handle that pressure. I'm not Jason. For all I know, I am no better with kids than my own father.”

Liz Smalls: "You're NOT your father. You can either run away like a scared little boy, or you can tell yourself now that you will be a BETTER father than your own. I know I'm not the one to give big pep talks, but Kris...this is the most important thing that will EVER happen in our lives. Our first child..."

Kris Halich: “Our FIRST child? FIRST? I am trying to wrap my head around how this could have happened and you are already looking forward to the fact that it could happen again? Do you hear yourself?”

Liz Smalls: "I'm not saying it could happen again, O-M-G!"

Liz stomps her foot on her carpet.

Liz Smalls: "I meant, we'll NEVER get to have our first child again, this is a huge thingy."

She moves back to the couch and sits next to him.

Liz Smalls: "Why are you so scared of this? I know you can do better than your daddy. I know it Kris!"

Kris Halich: “You KNOW it? What do you actually know about me Liz? I mean really. I can barely make it through a day without buying heroin. I have sold anything and everything I have ever owned to buy that shit. I have manipulated and controlled people in order to do whatever I want to them. I played you in order to break your heart in front of a public that would just laugh at you. What part of that makes me a good person?”

Liz Smalls: "You're a good person because you decided against breaking my heart in front of the world. You no longer manipulate people and you fight that urge to buy that poison. You've changed. How do you not see that!?"

He straight up laughs in her face and rolls his eyes. After shaking his head a few times, he turns his gaze to her. It is a cruel look on his face.

Kris Halich: “I have sat and watched a kid overdose in front of me. A kid that had no interest in doing a drug before I worked on him for a few days. I purposefully gave him too much. I waited for it to go wrong. I took his money. I took what he bought. I called an ambulance and left him in his own vomit. That is the kind of person I am. And now you think I can take care of a kid?”

Liz's eyes widen in horror, having never heard that story before.*

Liz Smalls: "I...I...I..."

She can't figure out what to say, nothing will come out but his gaze doesn't falter and his words don't stop there.

Kris Halich: “Four people in this whole world know what I just told you. One of them is that kid. I don't know what happened to him, and if I am honest, I do not much care. When you boil it down, that is who I am. Regardless of what you or Heather want to see in me, that's what I am. You don't want me around this baby.”

"I do..."

She wipes a single tear as it begins rolling down her cheek.

Liz Smalls: "Kris...I believe in you. I know your past is...sketchy...but I know your heart. This child will change your life. Please, make the choice to be in its life."

Kris Halich: “I don't know Liz. This is a lot to try and wrap my head around. I mean, it isn't like you found out yesterday. Obviously you struggled with it for a while. You can't hope for me to be able to do so in a matter of ten minutes.”

Liz Smalls: "I know..I just want you to think about it. Think about how much regret you will have if this child grows up not knowing its father. How would that make you feel?''

Kris Halich: Maybe he or she would be better off not knowing me…”

Liz Smalls: "Thats ridiculous."

Liz lifts the shirt of Kris' that she's wearing and again stares at her stomach, the smile returning as she does.

Liz Smalls: "I'm so excited..."

He looks up at her stomach again and starts to reach out before stopping short of touching her. His hand drops.

Kris Halich: “I need time…”

It wasn't what she wanted to hear, but she understood. She looked up, nodding, keeping her stomach exposed.

Liz Smalls: "My doctor said I'm due on March 20th."

He laughs.

Kris Halich: “I doubt I will need THAT much time...

She runs her manicured hand across her stomach.

Liz Smalls: "I wanted you to be the first to find out, it's only right. I understand you needing time."

Kris Halich: “This is what you want? You want to carry this baby and have it? You want me to be around it? That is what you have decided?”

He locks onto her eyes, looking for answers. She squeezes her lips together and nods proudly, definitively.

Liz Smalls: "I want to give birth to this child, and I want you there by my side when I do."

He swallows hard and fights shaking his head. He looks like he is leaning away from running, and towards her but his words cut him off.

Kris Halich: “I can't promise to be able to do that right now. I need to go before I say or do anything stupid. I just... this is a lot.”

She nods again, slowly. She wanted to ask him to stay, but knew that wasn't fair.

Liz Smalls: "Take all of the time you need. Thankies....for coming."

She looks down at her feet again as she digs her toes into the carpet nervously. Again he lets out a sigh and pushes himself to his feet. He turns to go, but can't force himself past her. The devil on his shoulder screams at him to consider sending a jab to her stomach and ending their misery. In fact, his hand raises towards her stomach at the thought until the rationality returns to him. Instead, sliding his hand under her shirt, he places a hand on her stomach. He swallows hard, not finding any answers in doing so, and not knowing if he was supposed to. He leans in and kisses her cheek, brushing a tear away from it. His hand drops, and he takes a single step away. His mouth opens to say something but the words don't come. There aren't any of them left. Instead he keeps moving towards the door.

Liz Smalls: "Travel safely...if you need anything, I'm here for you Kris."

Liz says quietly, hoping he decides to be there for their child, secretly hoping he's there for her as well. He gets to the door, and turns to look over his shoulder, nodding to her.

Kris Halich: “You be careful too. No driving and texting. Actually, eat whatever you want. There is another whole person you are eating for now.”

She smirks, saying nothing as she watches him walk out of the door, closing it slowly behind him.

==============
Present Day

“I doubt that I actually deserve this match. In fact, my return match for the Internet Championship probably should have been vacated the moment that Despy dropped that title. If not then, then definitely when I flopped in my return. However, I am not going to complain. If I am totally honest, I do deserve a return match against Despayre. My only reservation is the stipulation. Despayre started my downward spiral. First, The Nobodies lost to Seven Deadly Sins. Then he kicked my ass to take my title. After that, I had to take time away to refocus. Despayre started that when he tried to chew off my face. If I was a lesser person, I would have made my return by attacking him. I guess you people are looking at a different Kristopher E. Halich. Someone with a new look. Someone with a new attitude. Someone that, in their time away, learned a few things about life and growing up.

The thing that I have to prove to myself, and everyone else, is that even though I am different, I am still able to compete on the same level as anyone else in this company, or this industry as a whole. I can promise that I have not lost a step. I can promise that I have kicked off the ring rust.

I can also promise that someone should call the ambulance.

Despayre is gonna be in an Accident.

>