Author Topic: About damn time!  (Read 304 times)

Offline J2H

• View Profile
    • J2H
About damn time!
« on: November 06, 2015, 09:11:15 AM »
 A large looking white door is seen as the scene starts, painted with panels squared off and giving the illusion of 3D. A brass handle is seen halfway down the door. A sigh is heard off camera and the camera turns to see the man known as Simpson, bodyguard, servant and whatever else J2H decides to give him in his job title. A trouble look crosses the big, bald mans face as he reaches with his left hand towards the brass handle. With the outside of his right hand, he raps his knuckles on the wooden door panel. No response can be heard from the other side of the door. Simpson sighs as he calls out.

Simpson: Sir?

Still no response from behind the door as Simpson runs his right hand over his head, feeling the clammy skin underneath his meaty fingers. He knocks on the door once more, more at head height, his knuckles bouncing off the wood three times.

Simpson: Sir?

He tries again, but is met with the same silence as before, not a sound passes through the door. A thoughtful look crosses Simpson's face, debating his next move. With a slight roll of his shoulders, he pushes down on the brass handle and pushes the door open slowly. A creaking sound comes as the door opens a little more. He peeks his head around the corner, his eyes trying to adjust to the darkness in the room.

Simpson: Sir, are you in here?

The door opens wider, the light from the hallway cutting through the darkness and in to the room. Simpson reaches his right arm around the frame, reaching his hand out for a light switch but a voice cuts him off.

J2H: Touch that switch and I will cut off your fingers.

Ah, a not so empty room anymore as a serious sounding J2H's voice rips through the darkness and towards Simpson. Simpson's hand hovers over the light switch as he contemplates his next move.

Simpson: Sir, this is ridiculous. You've been locked up here since High Stakes V. You have rarely left this very room since we got back home. You can't stay in here forever.

J2H: I can and will if I want. It's my fucking house and if I only wanna stay in this one room, in the dark, I will do it. I will stay here, I don't have to be anywhere. Who's gonna stop me?

The shadow of Simpson at the doorway is seen inhaling sharply as he looks around the room.

Simpson: One defeat....

J2H: It was NOT a defeat!

The elevated tones of J2H's voice makes Simpson stop his vocals in it's tracks.

Simpson: Sir...

Again Simpson doesn't finishes his sentence as J2H snaps back once more.

J2H: It wasn't a defeat, it was luck, it's because my head was all over the place, because I didn't know what he was, I made the mistake of thinking he was human, but he's not Simpson, he's not, and I didn't know what I was dealing with but now I'm figuring it out.

Simpson: It's all in the past now sir.

J2H: IT'S NEVER IN THE PAST!

His tone changes to a higher, more squeaky shout as the sentence rolled on. Simpson breathes deeply before taking a chance. He reaches up and quickly switches on the light switch, causing J2H to snap his head up towards him as he sits on a bed. A two week old scruffy looking beard sits on the youngsters face, aging him instantly beyond his years. His eyes bloodshot as he glares angrily towards Simpson, while clad in grey shorts. Simpson's face looks stunned at the usual prim and proper well groomed man as J2H looks at him like the proverbial deer in the headlights.

Simpson: Sir.

J2H: What did I tell you about the fucking light? I said no!

He barks towards Simpson, who's face doesn't change from the shocked look resting upon it.

Simpson: Sir.... You look terrible.

J2H: I look terrible one time, you look terrible all the time!

Simpson observes the room, his eyes peering around to see many objects covered by long sheets, as well as the curtains pulled tightly to a close.

Simpson: Sitting in this room is not going to help you. Sitting in the darkness won't help you feel better sir. You need to be back out there, you need to be looking around at the world, you need to be around people. Feeling sorry for yourself is not the answer.

J2H lowers his eyebrows, looking through narrowed eyes at Simpson.

J2H: I don't feel sorry for myself, I feel stupid because I didn't know what I was dealing with.

Simpson: Like I said sir, it's all in the past now.

J2H moves to the end of the bed, waving his finger from side to side at Simpson.

J2H: It's not in the past. I beat him in the past, he still came back. Now he's beat me, he's not gonna stop there Simpson, I know he's not. He's going to continue till he goes one up on me, and then he's gonna try and control me, but I can't let that happen.

Simpson moves in to the room, moving towards J2H.

Simpson: Sir, if he is a supernatural being, then wouldn't he prefer the darkness rather than the light? Wouldn't you be putting yourself more at a risk.

Simpson's attempt to humour the young man falls on deaf ears.

J2H: You'd think that, but...

Simpson moves towards the curtains, placing a hand on them.

Simpson: Every legend told from supernatural creatures have been connected to the night, so let's banish them and let the light fill the room.

Simpson pulls at the curtain, pulling it back to show a huge bay window. He blinks rapidly as he looks at the window, covered in writing in red.

J2H: You're an idiot Simpson. Not every supernatural thing is connected to the night!

Simpson looks at the writing on the window, his eyes narrowed and focused on the words. He turns back toward J2H.

Simpson: What is all of this sir?

J2H steps off the bed and moves towards the bay window, shielding his eyes from the first piece of daylight he has seen in a while. He points an open palm at the window.

J2H: This is me trying to figure out what Brother Grimm is so I know how to stop him. I started thinking, if I knew what he was, then it would be easy to stop him coming after me. First I thought he was a vampire.

Simpson: A vampire?

J2H: Yes Simpson, a vampire, but then it hit me. He couldn't be a vampire, because he has no signs of blood lust, he just wants to eat people. This made me think he could be one of these.

J2H points his finger to a word on the board.

Simpson: A wendigo?

J2H: Yes, a wendigo Simpson, a flesh eater. Someone that hunts people in wooded areas, keeps them alive for days and then eats them. He makes no secret of his taste for human flesh, but then he couldn't be, because wendigo's don't come out of the forest, they stay there and let their food come to them. He couldn't even be a day walker.

Simpson: A day walker sir?

A look of confusion crosses the big man's face as he continues to humour J2H.

J2H: They're like vampires but can walk in sunlight. If he's not a vampire, he's not a day walker, they're linked.

J2H nervously ticks his head as he runs his fingers through his unkempt longer than usual hair. Simpson scratches his bald head as he look at J2H.

Simpson: So what is he sir?

J2H: He's a mirror person!

J2H throws his finger up in the air, a smile on his face as he looks like he's just found his eureka moment.

Simpson: I don't...

J2H snaps his head around looking towards Simpson.

J2H: A mirror person Simpson. Like bloody Mary. He moves through reflections. He needs something that reflects the light to move in to places without a door. He can't haunt my dreams, he can't get inside my head just like that. To stalk me, he needs something that reflects the light. He needs it to haunt me. That's why there's no reflective things here in Simpson. Go on, have a look around.

Indeed J2H is telling the truth as Simpson turns his head around. Mirrors are covered by long sheets, anything that could give off a reflection has been covered. He turns back to J2H, the young man with a crazy look in his eye, and crooked smile on his face.

Simpson: So how does one defeat such a thing.

J2H: Ah...

J2H puts a finger in the air, pursing his lips out.

J2H: That is something I'm still trying to figure out, but I will do soon. Then I will return to SCW and put this thing to bed once and for all!

An uneasy look crosses Simpson's face as he looks at J2H.

Simpson: Actually sir, you will be needed by then. Your presence is required in Kingston, Jamaica this weekend.

J2H: Great booking there SCW. Take SCW to an island paradise, and then drop people in the middle of the crime capital of the Caribbean.

J2H quickly shakes his head, before looking back at the window, pointing at certain words written on the window in red pen.

J2H: Besides, I'm far too busy for that stuff, I have to work out how to end this monster before I go anywhere near SCW. Way too many reflective surfaces to cover there to stop him from sneaking out on me.

Simpson: But sir, this is billed as the biggest match of your career.

J2H: Unless it's against Drake Green and I'm gonna take that title off him, I'm not interested.

He continues to look at the window, his mind tipping over in thought as he rubs the side of his head.

Simpson: It's against Simon Jones sir.

J2H slowly turns his head and looks at Simpson, not a word falling from his mouth as he stares at his bodyguard slash servant.

J2H: Simon Jones? Ex SCW World Heavyweight Champion Simon Jones?

Simpson: The one and the same sir.

A slight smile creeps over J2H's face as he brushes his hair from his face. He scratches the side of his cheek as the smile grows wider.

J2H: In that case, start packing some stuff and call Casey right away.

Simpson: I believe Mr Williams might be slightly busy sir.

J2H: Why? The guy has very little interests other than beating on someone's face for the sake of it.

Simpson: And that sir is what he may be doing. He has been working more for AWA as of late and he is now an official part of the ACW movement to rebel against Mr Ward.

A sour look crosses J2H's face after hearing the news that Casey has switched his allegiances towards 'The light side'.

J2H: That big, bald, ape type creature.... No offence Simpson.

Simpson: Why would I take offence sir?

J2H: Because you and him look alike. How could he do this? I mean I was making him famous and now it's official that he jumped ship to join Drake Green and his band of merry men to play Robin Hood? This does not sit well with me Simpson!

Simpson: I don't see how it could ruin a friendship sir.

J2H: Oh you don't? I do Simpson, because if it comes down to it, I will be on the SCW side to this whole thing and I will stand against him if I should. I will speak to him later and try and snap him out of this whole thing with Drake Green and ACW. Doesn't he realize that SCW always wins these things? I will get him back on the right side Simpson. I have to for his own good before he becomes a laughing stock with the rest of the former ACW losers.

Simpson: If you say so sir.

J2H: Say so, I know so! He might been sold something by Drake Green to get him on that side, but that's only so Drake Green can hide behind him. I vow to make him see this Simpson and come back to the side where he doesn't have be tamed by being part of the flavour of the month group.

J2H looks at Simpson firmly.

J2H: Well, get along and start packing Simpson. I need to go and make myself look a lot better. I wanna look like the superstar that I am for when I beat Simon Jones.

Simpson: Right away sir.

J2H: And don't forget the bullet proof vests. Jamaica isn't all sunshine and people smoking that disgusting smelling shit.

Simpson nods his head before quickly exiting the room. J2H smiles to himself.

J2H: Simon Jones... About time they gave me someone to face with a little bit of credibility around here.

J2H walks away, exiting the camera shot as the scene fades to black.  

A black limo comes to a slow stop on a tarmac looking road. The camera moves around the car to show a shiny finish to the car before it comes to a complete halt. The camera focuses on the bottom of the back door as the sound of another door opens up, unseen by the camera, and footsteps are heard walking along the ground. With another click, the door swings open and the camera focuses on the black shined shoes, sitting below the pants leg of a grey suit. The camera moves up the person to show the bottom of a matching jacket with a black shirt and higher still. The now clean shaven and shorter haired J2H confidently looks at a small private jet. Another set of feet are heard hitting the tarmac and Simpson joins him within the camera shot. The two walk towards the private plane.

J2H: You told them to have the laptop set up, right?

Simpson: I did sir.

J2H: Good.

The two walk towards the plane, towards where the captain waits to greet them, but J2H ignores him and quickly bounces up the steps. Simpson follows behind as J2H sees a laptop, already bright with power sitting on. J2H quickly takes a seat in front of the laptop and starts to hit on the keys, opening up programs as fast as the computer allows. A video recorder pops up on his screen as the light by the webcam springs in to life, shining a pale blue to indicated that it's on. Simpson takes a seat on the other side of the aisle to J2H. The pilot steps aboard and the door shuts as J2H presses the record button on the laptop, capturing himself on video.

J2H: Oh SCW, now is the time for your highlight of your night because you get to listen to me talk to you. I would have done it in Jamaica but no one goes to that place to want to work, they go there to party and try not to get shot, so this is the best you will get. Still, it's me so it's already amazing.

A confident look crosses the young man's face.

J2H: It's been a rough few weeks for me, I've been stalked by some chick who I am no closer to finding, and had that freak actually get a lucky win over me, but it's amazing how hearing one little thing can kick you in the ass and make you see that there are bigger things to deal with and I heard that the second Simpson opened his big mouth and told me about who my next opponent is.

He tilts his head slightly to look down the webcam.

J2H: Simon Jones... As soon as I heard that, it hit me that now I'm taking on the stars of SCW, and not just there cause some painted face bitch like Brother Grimm has an unhealthy obsession with young men...

A look of disgust crosses his face.

J2H: Dude, seriously, seek help! But anyway, it made me see that finally, I get the chance to take on someone better, someone who has actually done something here, rather than someone that has done nothing. Do you know what this means?

He pauses for a second.

J2H: It means when I beat Simon Jones on Sunday, everyone will have no other choice but to push me higher, to get me in bigger matches, against better people, because not many have the long list of achievements Simon Jones does, and when I beat him, people are gonna be taking me more than seriously, people are gonna know that I am going to be the rising star here. Beating Simon Jones instantly puts me on the top level of SCW, it puts people like Sean Jackson and Drake Green on notice. This is where I deserve to be, so Simon, on Sunday, you're in a whole lot of trouble because it's time to take your spot in the upper half of the SCW rankings.

He his head away to look out of the plane window before looking back towards the screen.

J2H: This is just like being out in the wild Simon. In a pride of lions, when an elder, a senior member of the pride starts to not be very useful anymore, a young lion will step up to take his place to lead. That's me Simon, I'm ready to take your place and lead SCW when I want to and I'm not a patient man, I want to lead now and that means knocking you off that rock and taking your place. The second the guys in the office booked this one, they gave me a shot at opening their eyes and beating you will finally get me out of the shit matches and in to something good. My career will change for the better after Sunday, after the butch female referee, or the wimpy guy referee, or the guy referee no one cares about, or the he she living the lie referee slam his, her or its, hand down the canvas for the third time, that will be the beginning of a brand new era, it will be my time.

A cocky look crosses his face.

J2H: That's right, my time. You're the tip of the iceberg, because once I beat you, I will go through this rosters top stars like a bullet through a chest. Lord Raab, Sean Jackson, Despayre, Goth, Drake Green, all of them will be shaking in their boots. They'll be praying you get lucky and beat me Simon, just to keep me out of their paths, they will be hoping against all hope that you stop me progressing just to save their own worthless asses.

The roar of the engine catches J2H's attention, he turns to look out the window before looking back at the camera on the laptop.

J2H: And that's my cue to disappoint you all and say goodbye, but I will be in Jamaica real soon. Congratulations Simon Jones, you will be remembered as the man who fell first in my great rise to stardom.... That's real talk bitches!

J2H leans forward, clicking a button to stop the recording. He pushes down on the laptop, closing the lid as the scene fades.
>