Author Topic: Ready To Pounce!  (Read 383 times)

Offline Max Burke

• GRIME World Nightmare Champion
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
Ready To Pounce!
« on: December 06, 2012, 04:44:55 PM »
 The scene opens at Lulu's Hideout, in San Bernadino. Sitting at the bar is Trevor Irons and Max Burke drinking some beers. Trevor has on jeans and a worn down t-shirt with an even more worn down baseball hat on his head. Max has on a pair of dark washed jeans and a button down dress shirt. He also has a vintage Toronto Bluejays baseball cap on.

Interviewer (off camera): So how did you guys meet?

Trevor motions with his hand that he will answer that once he finishes his beer.

Trevor: Well man, it is a sweet story let me tell you.

Trevor laughs hitting his partner on the shoulder.

Max (sarcastically): Oh yeah, it was a blast...

Trevor: So I was up north working this tiny promotion in ummm had to be North Woods Wisconsin. And this guy had a match before mine... and even though he lost to real hairy lumberjack guy I thought he had promise. Then that night I was at this dive hick bar getting a little wasted and he walks in wanting to watch the world cup...I think.

Max: It was the World Cup but it was Minnesota, not Wisconsin. No big
deal though. Keep going Trev.

Trevor: Well where ever we were they did not know nothing about soccer and he got into this argument with some local jackass. All of a sudden a fight breaks up, I mean a straight up bar brawl complete with jukebox and everything. So I get in there to help Max here....we do okay. It kind of seems like we are a good team.

Max: Whoa. Hold up Trev. You lost the match that night. You tipped back a few too many later on, and it was you that got into with that idiot. Continue...

Trevor laughs while Max talks and takes a sip of beer.

Trevor: Right...its probably closer to how he tells it. Either way though we end up getting kicked out and we find this other bar that is so empty they don't care what we watch. We end up watching the Global Cup or whatnot...and while he's trying to explain to me why soccer matters we start talking about old school wrestling.

Max: Yeah, I did a little storytelling about getting stretched by my uncles. Eventually, we figured out that we both love tag wrestling, Heck, we found out we work well as a team. We exchanged numbers and here we are today.

Trevor: I still don't get soccer but the rest was history. And here we are about to kick ass in the SCW. I will drink to that.

Trevor holds his bottle of beer out. Max grins and they clink bottles. The scene fades out as Trevor orders another round.

We meet up again with The Young Lions at a small indie show being put on by Empire Wrestling Federation. The Young Lions have been hanging around California for the last few months working shows for Empire and other promotions. They are currently finishing up a match with The Bar Room Saints. Max is tossing around the larger of his opponents while Trevor gets the crowd hyped up. Then Max grabs his opponent and tags in Trevor. The two men get set up for their finisher. Trevor climbs the top rope getting a big pop from the small crowd. Max lifts their opponent up and with perfect timing Max slams them down at the same time that Trevor performs the DDT. Trevor scrambles for the tag and the referee counts to three. Both men stand up with their arms out in victory. Max grabs a microphone.

Max: And THAT is how you go out with a bang! It's been awesome entertaining you for the past couple of months! As you probably heard,we signed with the National Wrestling Alliance's Sin City Wrestling. Make sure you check us out this Sunday at Climax Control!

Trevor grabs a mike as well and wearing a big grin he starts talking.

Trevor: Thats right. Now I know most guys when they hear they got a chance at the big time would rest easy. They might say, well gee maybe I am too big to work indie shows. Hell maybe they are just worried about making a good impression so they decide to rest up... but that is not how we do things. No man, the Young Lions are the hardest working tag team in America. I don't care if we have the National Alliance tag belts on our waist we will still be working the canvas as often as
people will have us.

Max: You got that right Trevor. We leave our blood, sweat, and tears on this mat every single night. What makes it worth it is entertaining each and every one of you fans here tonight. We're taking this to the next level. The NWA is phenomenal opportunity for us. Sin City Wrestling is one of its cornerstones and we're ready to take them by storm. It's time to prey on the big game!

Trevor: Not to mention, we simply just love doing this thing. The fact that we get paid to get in this ring, that is such a gift. And I know that we have fans out there who are really in it with us, ya know. Fans that want to see us go far and I promise you... Max and I are going to try our damnest to take this thing all the way. And we are going to bring you with us.

Max: So, the question is simple. Who's coming with us?!

Max jumps out of the ring and starts passing out SCW tickets for this Sunday's Climax Control.

Indy Crowd: LIONS! LIONS! LIONS! LIONS!

That same night after their match Trevor and Max walk through the parking lot towards Trevor beat up red truck. They are both carrying duffle bags that they throw into the back.

Trevor: So I want to show you something man.

Max: I'm always scared when you say that...

Trevor: Where is the trust.... it's nothing crude nor vulgur. Just trust
me.

Trevor removes a tarp in the back to reveal two surf boards. He grins real big as Max looks a little confused until he realizes Trevor indends for them to use them. Then he looks worried.

Trevor: Now..just wait...wait just a moment. Now this Sunday we are facing the Surf Boys right? But I don't know nothing about surfing on account that Missouri is kind of land locked. I mean I have been tubing but thats the extent of things and I know you northern boys are not known for catching waves....and we are here in Calirornia... so why not give it a try. It could be like research or something like that.

Max: Well I've surfed once in Canada. I almost killed myself. I've seen the waves out here. I don't think it's a bright idea man...

Trevor: and I hear you on that. I do. But what is the point of this whole adventure we call life if we don't push ourselves just a little bit. I say we drive out to the coast and give it a try. If at any time you think its a bad idea you just say..."Trevor this idea is shit."

Max: Trevor this idea is shit.

Trevor laughs and despite his misgivings so does Max.

Max: Whatever... if you really want. Let's do it.

Trevor: There is your sense of adventure...get in the truck.

Trevor and Max get into the truck. Loud country music starts to play until we hear Max grumble and turn the channel to something more his speed.

Max: If your going to drive me to my watery funeral...I at least get to choose the music.

Trevor rolls his eyes and revs the engine before driving off into the night.

TO BE CONTINUED