Author Topic: True Enemy Or False Friend?  (Read 488 times)

Offline Griffin Hawkins

• View Profile
    • Griffin Hawkins
True Enemy Or False Friend?
« on: August 21, 2020, 10:53:07 PM »
~After Summer XXXtreme~

I did it...I couldn't believe it, but I actually did it. I won the World Title..the one belt that had eluded me for so long. I sat in my room on the cruise, just holding the belt in my hands...not taking my eyes off  it. After years of fighting..I was finally the World Heavyweight Champion. It felt like a dream to me. I then heard a knock on my door.

Griffin Hawkins: Come in! It's open.

The door slowly creaks open, in came a longtime friend of mine...Kate Steele. She slowly comes into the room.

Kate Steele: Hey..figured you'd be out celebrating instead of hanging out here..

Griffin Hawkins: Oh I'll join you and the others in a bit, just need time to take all this in.

She walks up to me, looking down at the World Title.

Kate Steele: Oh yeah..that is a good looking title. You really earned it.

Griffin Hawkins: Yeah...I did...part of me didn't know when I was gonna get here. Last year at this time..I lost the Roulette Title, now a year later..I win the World Title in the exact same venue.

Kate Steele: A year makes one hell of a difference..you've been working hard for years just for this moment.

Griffin Hawkins: I'm just waiting for someone to try and downplay my win as if it meant nothing..I mean you can't please everyone.

Kate Steele: Let haters hate..you earned this title, and nobody can take that away from you.

She did have a point...I did earn it. I'll probably have detractors, but I wasn't worried so much about them anymore.

Griffin Hawkins: It feels like forever since I've held a World Title like this..but I'm happy its finally come true.

Kate Steele: I'm happy for you too...but don't get too comfy, you're going to have a lot of guys gunning for you now. What you have is a really important thing that everyone on this ship would give their right arm for.

Griffin Hawkins: Oh yeah, I know that for sure. It's a hell of a lot harder staying on top than getting there...we'll see if I can make it.

Kate Steele: Instead of wondering what if..let's go to the bar and celebrate.

I get up off the bed.

Griffin Hawkins: Should I bring the gold with me?

Kate Steele: It wouldn't be a celebration if you didn't.

I picked up the title and followed her out. I'd be celebrating for now..but soon, I know the battles would be coming.

--------------------------------------------------

The plan was offically a go. Me and Gideon met up outside the building of Black Snake records. It looked to be such a large tall building. People were going in and out, wearing protective masks as they went along. I made sure to have my own as we were set to go in.

Gideon Blackwell: Well..this is it. We're here.

Griffin Hawkins: Man..its like the first day of School all over again...only the Principal wasn't an evil cult leader.

Gideon Blackwell: Hey..you never know what people do when they are out of school..

Griffin Hawkins: I guess you're right...well, let's go.

Gideon Blackwell: What do you mean let's go?..

Griffin Hawkins: Well in the sense of you and me going in..

Gideon Blackwell: No No..you're going in. I'm gonna find my own way in.

Griffin Hawkins: Dude, how the hell are you going to do that?..

Gideon Blackwell: No need to worry about me. Just go in there and schmooze away!

Before I could say anything he ran off. I really didn't know what he had planned, but I hoped it worked. I decided to go in the building and see the boss. I noticed the secretary at the front desk. She looked middle aged with dark hair.

Griffin Hawkins: Excuse me miss..but I am here to see a Clancy Foster.

She lowered her glasses and looked up at me.

Ms.Danvers: May I ask who you are?

Griffin Hawkins: Griffin Hawkins, I made an appointment to see him.

Ms.Danvers: Ah yes..he is right in his office, he's been expecting you.

I nod to her and head up in the Elevator...nervous to what he was going to say. This guy could be an evil mastermind for all I know. Soon the doors opened and I walked down the hallway, past everyone in the offices. I notice a big room with glass windows on the side and a young man with light mocha skin with dark hair. He looks to me and smiles as I walk in.

Clancy Foster: Griffin Hawkins..good evening! So nice to finally meet you.

This guy was nice..too nice. He did not seem like some evil dude or whatever. I take my seat across from him as he sits at his desk.

Clancy Foster: Mr.Hawkins..I have watched you for so long. You are indeed a very talented young man..whether it be wrestling or music, you definitely have a following.

Griffin Hawkins: Thanks, I like to remain grounded..I don't forget where I came from.

Clancy Foster: That's good to know. A lot of these musicians see the opportunity of a music career as an easy access to get laid and party..and then they end up self destructing.

Griffin Hawkins: I agree..I admire my heroes such as Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain and and Jim Morrison, but I don't want to follow their path.

Clancy Foster: Funny, I always thought it was Courtney Love who did Kurt in..

Griffin Hawkins: Hey...that hasn't been proven..yet.

We both share a laugh..what was happening? Was this guy trying to work his charm on me?..

Griffin Hawkins: So anyways..would you be interested in signing Devilition to a deal?

Clancy Foster: Mr.Hawkins, it would be my pleasure to sign you to a six album deal.

Maybe I got this guy all wrong. He didn't seem like everything I thought he would be. As I left the building, Gideon dragged me to the back alley way to show me what he found.

Griffin Hawkins: What the hell man?!

Gideon Blackwell: Sorry about that. Okay..I was in the basement and I found some interesting stuff. Some pentagrams drawn...the smell of blood..it seems the place has been used for sacrifices. So how's Foster?..

Griffin Hawkins: Actually..he was kind of a nice guy.

Gideon Blackwell: ...What?

Griffin Hawkins: He seemed really cool..I mean..he signed me to a six album deal..

Gideon Blackwell: Oh Bloody hell..you've fallen for his charm!

Griffin Hawkins: Look, if you were in the same room as him, you'd think he was an okay guy..

Gideon Blackwell: My God you're so thick in the head..don't you get it yet? He's part of a Cult. The most dangerous Cult in the old days...they have a habit of suckering people in, you can't afford to fall into his trap!

Griffin Hawkins: Okay okay! I won't..

Gideon Blackwell: I want to know now..are you with us or not?

Griffin Hawkins: Of course I'm with you..

Gideon Blackwell: Good..now let's get out of here.

We drive off away into the night. Clancy seemed like a great guy...nothing about him seemed bad, but there's also the possibility of him being a member of the Cult of Blood..it was hard to tell what side was he on...maybe there's more to this story...

--------------------------------------------------

Cameras come to the locker room, I am sitting against the wall, dressed in leather pants and a Ramones T-Shirt. In my lap lays my custom SCW World Heavyweight Title. I hold it in my arms and begin to speak.

"At Summer XXXtreme...I sent The Cockney King South of Heaven..and I became the new World Heavyweight Champion. Me and Ben Jordan fought and fought like two gladiators in Roman times...but only one can walk away with the gold, and on this night..it was me. A lot believed I couldn't get the job done..but as history proved always...I turn skeptics into believers. Now, I'm not one to rest on my laurels. I'm not gonna be one of those Champions who cost on their accomplishments..nu uh, there is no rest for the weary when it comes to the Sin City World Heavyweight Title. I realize now that I got more people than ever targeting me, wanting to knock me off the top of the mountain. There's danger around every corner...but to them, I say bring it on. Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't duck any challenger or threat to my title..whether it be Jack Washington..or a man who claims to be my friend...Alex Jones..."

I place the title over my shoulder.

"Alexander Jones...man, what crawled up your ass last week dude? Seriously. You don't like the fact that I am champion and I represent this company as long as I hold the title..saying..I don't like his rock and roll schtick, the long hair, the makeup, yadda yadda yadda. Wow Alex..I thought you would've come up with something more original than that. You sound just like every bitter jealous unoriginal hater that has tried to keep me down in my career..everyone who tried to say I was some gimmick. You more than anyone should know that I am for real, and someone like me representing this company would be just what it needs. See..I know who I am, but do you know who you are? Are you a singles wrestler? Or a Tag Wrestler? No, you can't decide that can you? Austin James Mercer is the star of the team..you on the other hand are the OTHER guy. You had many chances to make a name for yourself, but instead you surround yourself with guys and gals who are better than you just to mask your own insecurities and failures. And now that you and Johanna lost the mixed tag titles, this is your last shot. All the whining crying and bitching you've done in the last few weeks...maybe it'll all pay off."

Part of me can see the confidence beaming off Jones.

"I find it funny though...you keep saying on TV like last week and social media that you're my friend and you love me and all that...but then five minutes later you go on some tangent about how bad I am, how you deserve the belt more than me, how it's your time. To be quite honest dude, as a friend..you're kind of a shithead. Because when I got to the back, I had a LOT of people congratulating me, Teddy, Maki, Cross, Kate, Roxi, Bella, Vinnie..even wrestlers outside this company were sending me congratulatory tweets for achieving my goal. Ben Jordan himself even gave me my due. Nowhere on that list is you. Why? Because you were off pouting like a 3 year old child after your loss of the mixed tag belts and you were looking on in jealousy at somebody who went on and accomplished something you never done here in Sin City Wrestling. Truth being..you're not my friend, just some angry bitter jealous insecure little coward who has all the natural ability in the world...but ultimately...no idea how to use it."

I adjust the title on my shoulder.

"Do you hate me?....I'm not surprised. After all, it seems like forever since we last fought. Let's bring up a date Alex, January 12th, 2020. You remember that date, don't you? Because I do...it was that night where you and me faced off for the Roulette Title, and do you remember what happened then? I made you tap out right in the middle of the ring. Do you remember what you said before the event? That I'm only good for holding mid card titles and not elevating them. I guess you were forced to eat your words..because I held that title for 300 days, making it THE belt to compete for, no matter what match it was. Sure..it was second only to this title, but I treated it like it was the World Title itself. I set a record for it..and so far nobody has beaten it. Proof that you're wrong about everything...have I also mentioned that I beat you? I'm not gonna say..oh just cause I beat you once, its a forgone conclusion that I'll beat you again...we seen what happens to people who say things like that. I'm just gonna say this..you need to stop being so cocky, so arrogant, and so sure of yourself that you're just gonna stroll into Vegas and take what I've worked so hard to earn. Right now you're on a downward spiral..and the only way to wake up from this nightmare is to take this belt..but it's not gonna happen buddy..pal of mine..because I'm gonna do the entire SCW a favor and close that fat mouth of yours."

I did not want to look past Alex, he wanted more than anything to become World Champion.

"Now..what I find downright comical is how much you're getting your panties in a wad all because I didn't pay you any attention on social media. Really, you got all the makings of a bitter ex girlfriend. Let me explain myself Alex. I was NOT overlooking you. See, you and me are the kinda guys who don't need words on social media, we do our talking in the ring. I figured for once, I'll do my promotion for the match a little bit later..but then I saw that you changed your twitter name to the Griffin Hunter, very clever...photoshopped a target on my face, and for the last few nights you were trying so hard to get on my radar and you got pissy that I wasn't giving you the time of day. You know what all that tells me?...it tells me you're shook. You're rattled dude...I hadn't said one word and it drove you absolutely crazy. I am that in your head...and I didn't even have to say or do anything! I live in your head rent free, all because I refused to play into your little game. I was going to reply to your little tangent, but then I decided no..I'm just gonna sit back and watch as this guy makes a complete and total ass of himself. But I had to ask myself something...no, I have to ask YOU something.

I sit up straight, making sure I am in plain view of the camera.

"Is this what you've become Alex? Is this what the almighty Black Dragon has been reduced to? Throwing a temper tantrum like a baby on social media? Trying to goad people into a catfight online? What happened to you man? Where's the Alex Jones that I saw in WWH defend the Wildcard Title against Mongoose in a 30 Minute Explosion Deathmatch? Where is the Alex Jones who looked the unkillable beast Phantom in the eye and not back down in a C4 Charged Barb Wire Deathmatch? Where is the Alex Jones who won the WWH World Title? Where is the Alex Jones who stood in nobody's shadow? Where is the Alex Jones that took shit from absolutely nobody? Is that Alex Jones still in there? I can't even tell. When was the last time you were THAT Alex Jones? When was the last time you were a man? See..somewhere along the line here in SCW, you grew soft. You lost your edge. Instead of going for the World Title and wrecking shop, you just stood by and allowed others to bask in the glory that should have been yours a long time ago. Yeah, you and Johanna were the mixed tag champions for quite a while..but that's not enough for guys like you and me is it? So I'll just say this..if you bring this Alex Jones...the Alex Jones who photoshops pictures, the Alex Jones who's all Notice Me Senpai trying to get people's attention, the Alex Jones who's acting like an overgrown child..you're gonna get eaten alive. What I want you to bring is the Alex Jones who's tougher than any man in that locker room, the Alex Jones that's determined to wipe out anybody and everybody friend or foe..just to get the title...that's the one I want."

I really hoped that I'd get the best Alex Jones.

"Last week on Climax Control you said the only person who should be facing me is you...but you didn't say why. So..why should it be you Alex? Because you run around carrying Austin James Mercer's bags? Is it because a former World Champion..Kristopher Ryans' head is so far up your ass that he knows what you had for breakfast today? Or is it because you are at the end of your rope when it comes to titles here in SCW? I'm gonna tell you the same thing I told Ben...nobody deserves anything around here, they earn it. I earned this very title by beating a guy whom many viewed as THE man around here. I get that you feel that you've been overlooked, how you stood by and allowed others to take your spot. But instead of whining and making excuses for why you're not the man, come on up and take your shot at me. Because I've heard as much of you as I can take and quite frankly..you are so goddamn annoying I want to bitch slap you. You think you deserve a shot? Come prove it."

I hold onto the title before continuing on.

"When we first faced off, you said that we both had a long and distinguished career. No..no dude..don't EVER compare yourself to me. Because when I wanted to fight the World Champion, all I did was accept an open challenge and it was on. When you wanted to fight me, you just went on camera and started bad mouthing me like I banged your Mom and didn't even have the courtesy to call her back. When the time came for me to go for the title, I didn't let ANYONE stand in my way. You on the other hand just stood around with your thumb up your ass, letting others go for it.  Or perhaps maybe you didn't go for the title because deep down inside..you didn't think you were good enough to beat Ben Jordan. It's possible that you didn't have that much faith in yourself to challenge for the gold, and now that I have it, you're suddenly interested. But things aren't going to go your way Mr.Jones. Because I worked too long and hard to give up the belt to some bitter little crybaby like you."

I slowly begin to get up.

"When you lost the Mixed Tag Belts...the first thing you wanted to do was quit. You wanted to hang your boots up until Christian told you not to. Are you going to have that same consideration if you lose to me? Is Kris Ryan's still gonna kiss your ass about how you should be Champion? Because quite honestly...I'm coming to Vegas to light Sin City on fire when I scorch you to the ground. And seeing as we're good friends as you so eloquently put it...I am going to be a great friend to you and tell you what I am planning. Buddy...I'm coming to give you the beating that you have been asking for. If you thought you hit rock bottom after you lost the Mixed Tag Titles...buddy, you're gonna feel a lot worse when this match is all said and done and I've retained the World Heavyweight Title. And as a "friend"..I got no problem telling you that I am going to beat the holy shit out of you. Seeya soon buddy!"

I leave the room as the camera crew turn off everything.
user posted image

Accomplishments
Internet Champion(Final)
2017 Future Star Of The Year
Roulette Champion(x2)