Author Topic: Battling The King and Queen  (Read 423 times)

Offline Griffin Hawkins

• View Profile
    • Griffin Hawkins
Battling The King and Queen
« on: July 17, 2020, 11:11:02 PM »
 I figured with my downtime, I get some info on what I found out weeks ago. Clancy Foster. Taylor was out with the kids for the afternoon which gave me plenty of time to myself. I sat at my desk in my study, looking to see if I can get info on this fearless leader that spineless little worm blurted out during the interrogation. I typed in Clancy Foster on the google page...unfortunately I got many names coming up. Some were baseball players, Veterinarians,  and many others.

Griffin Hawkins: Oh this is gonna take a while...

I sigh and continue my search, scrolling through the names. Any one of them could be the leader, who knows if they were a doctor by day...and a cult leader by night. Just then I get a call from Marquis on my cell phone.

Marquis Laveaux: Griffin?

Griffin Hawkins: Oh hey...

Marquis Laveaux: Hows the search on Foster?...

Griffin Hawkins: Not having much luck right now..

Marquis Laveaux: Well your luck is gonna change. Gideon has done some asking around about Foster..and get this, he is the CEO of a place called Black Snake Records..

I then froze..did he say what I thought he said?

Griffin Hawkins: ...did you say Black Snake Records?...THE Black Snake Records?

Marquis Laveaux: Sounds like you've heard of them?

Griffin Hawkins: Some years ago I was trying to get signed by them and they turned me down...now that I realize it, I'm kinda glad that I didn't get picked up by them..this guy sounds like a real scumbag..

I click the 5th name down and see his picture.

Griffin Hawkins: Ah yeah..thats the guy, looks like a real creep if you ask me. I'm sure he makes Gideon look like a boy scout.

Marquis Laveaux: He must be into some serious stuff if he's the leader of this cult. But chances are he's hiding it from the public eye.

Griffin Hawkins: So let's go there and bust him up.

Marquis Laveaux: It's not going to be that easy. How will it look if we attack an innocent man? If we even mention that he's part of the Cult of Blood people are going to think we're crazy.

Griffin Hawkins: So we're going to need some hardcore proof that he's the big boss man in charge of this whole show..we should've held onto that slimy little rat we interrogated.

Marquis Laveaux: No, knowing him he'd be blindly loyal to his lord and master. We have to find this guy and somehow shut down his operations.

Griffin Hawkins: Hmm..maybe there is a way. I can see if I can get an appointment with him..like..I'm trying to get signed by his record label. I find out whats going on inside and report back to you guys.

Marquis Laveaux: That just might be crazy enough to work..but please...just be careful Griffin...you don't know what we're up against, but I do.

Griffin Hawkins: I'll meet up with you guys next week, we'll see what I can find..later.

I hang up the phone, knowing that I was going into dangerous territory...this wasn't live bait for the cult, but seeing the leader himself. What was going to happen?...

----------------------------------------

~Many Years Ago~

Being on the road means that you miss a lot of things in life. Your family's birthdays, weddings, special events...all you're focused on is going out there and putting on one hell of a show. I had at the time disconnected with my family, focusing only on myself. After a performance in Detroit, I got a call from my sister with unfortunate news.

Grandma is in the hospital.

That news hit me like a ton of bricks. Me and Grandma were close...we would always go visit her and she'd bake cookies and she would often give me hugs and kisses no matter how big I got. I know I hadn't spoken to her in years..and I never got around to visiting her. But hearing that she's not well really hurt me. Me and the band were due to be in the next city for another show, but I didn't care. I took the first plane back to California and went to the hospital. It was there where my family was standing around talking.

Griffin Hawkins: ...Hey.

They all turned to me, not expecting to see me there obviously.

Patrica Hawkins: Griffin...hi..

Griffin Hawkins: Wendi...told me about what happened...is she okay?

Charles Hawkins:  She's fine now, just a mild heart attack. They are gonna keep her overnight just to be sure.

I saw my Dad was there, but he made no effort to look at me. I didn't care. I wasn't here to see him anyway.

Griffin Hawkins: Can I go in and see her?...

Patricia Hawkins: Of course.

Wendi Hawkins: I'm sure she'll be happy to see you.

I nod to them and make my way into her room. She's in bed resting comfortably. I knock on the door.

Griffin Hawkins: ...Nana?....

Her eyes open, looking over to me.

Irene Hawkins: Griffin...you made it...

Griffin Hawkins: I came as soon as I heard. Sorry I wasn't here sooner...

Irene Hawkins: It's okay...what matters is you're here now.

Griffin Hawkins: ...Grandma...I am so sorry that I haven't kept in contact with you these last couple of years, I know there's a lot to catch up on...

Irene Hawkins: Actually...I know...

Griffin Hawkins: ....you do?

She just laughs..the laugh that always stayed with me even when I was a kid.

Irene Hawkins: My girlfriends down at the country club seen you perform..on TV and live in concert..

Griffin Hawkins: No way...you're serious? Which ones?

Irene Hawkins: Well there's Ethel, Gloria, Mary and many others. They think you have talent.

Griffin Hawkins: Oh...well, I didn't think you'd approve of my kind of music...

Irene Hawkins: Well you're no Sam Cooke or Frank Sinatra...but it always makes me proud to see my Grandson out there doing what he loves.

I felt so much happiness then. She was actually proud of what I am now and what I want to do.

Griffin Hawkins: You have...no idea how much that means to me Nana. All I ever wanted was to make you proud of me..

Irene Hawkins: Griffin I've always found something special in you, I knew one day you would be something great..something that would bring happiness to everybody.

Griffin Hawkins: Nana I am so sorry I didn't make time to visit you...when I heard that you had a heart attack...I got scared...I didn't want to lose you.

Irene Hawkins: Sweetheart, no matter what happens you will never lose me. To me you're still that little boy with those cute little cheeks and those darling overalls that had eyes full of wonder...nothing will ever change that.

Griffin Hawkins: I'm glad to hear that. Also..I got a live show coming up...how would you and your friends like to see it up close?

Irene Hawkins: Griffin, that would...

Then suddenly...she went silent, her eyes closing as she lays back.

Griffin Hawkins: Grandma?.....Grandma?..

She wasn't moving...my heart started to race. I ran to the door.

Griffin Hawkins: Someone help us in here! She's stopped breathing!

I was starting to freak out. Soon the doctors came in to try and revive her. It wasn't long until my family came in...the look on their faces were ones of concern and fear. I then looked at her bed...the flatline. The Doctor looked at us sullen.

Doctor: ..I'm sorry, but we couldn't revive her.

With tears in my eyes I ran out of the hospital, not even staying to talk to anybody. I just lost my Grandmother, one of the most important people in my life. I ran outside pacing, running my hands through my hair. Wendi had caught up to me as she too was visibly upset.

Wendi Hawkins: Griffin...

I say nothing and hug her, not letting go. I just needed to be with someone right now. The last words of my Nana was her saying she was proud of me, something that stuck with me since. While I lost her...I learned a lesson then. Never take your family for granted...one day they'll be here, the next they'll be gone.

-----------------------------------------

Cameras come to the ring, inside the empty arena. I sit in the corner thinking on everything, dressed in black pants and a Jimi Hendrix T-Shirt. I run a hand through my hair as I begin to speak.

"Summer XXXtreme is fast approaching and I am looking towards the future. I had been in SCW on and off for going on 3 years...and I've done a lot. But the one thing that I haven't accomplished was to be World Heavyweight Champion. For years I heard the voices of the ones in the locker room...wondering...why hasn't Griffin become World Champion? Why hasn't he got the chances that others have before him?  It's true..I have had chances at the World Title...but I let it slip through my fingers. While others in the past have made excuses for their mistakes..I've taken them in stride, picked myself up, and got back in the game..knowing my time would come. That day is finally coming. But on the final Climax Control before the Supercard...we're gonna get a taste.."

I stroke my chin...knowing that I am in for a war, not just at the Supercard, but this Sunday.

"Ben, you seem to have it in your head that I think that I deserve a title shot at you. Well..I'm gonna shoot straight with you, because this is the god honest bible truth...I DON'T deserve a title shot. There..I said it. I'll say it all day as long as you want. I don't deserve a title shot. You know why? Because around here...nobody deserves anything, you have to earn it. You have to earn that title like people such as Austin James Mercer, Senor Vinnie, Dmitri and J2H have in the past. Throughout the years I've seen spoiled entitled upstarts and guys who were big names in other companies walk around like they own the place, thinking they deserve to be handed the key to the city without even doing anything. They never built a legacy for themselves here..they just think the whole world should roll over and hand them whatever they want on a silver platter. I can see why you're disgusted with the company today that it's filled with selfish people. But I am not one of them. I accepted your challenge to take you up on your word that you're a fighting Champion..and if I lose, I'm not gonna demand another, I'll continue to fight my way up to earn a shot. But on this night..I am coming to get a piece of you..so I can get into the mood that I am going to be up against the toughest challenge of my life."

I knew I was putting pressure on myself...some of this wasn't healthy.

"I saw your little interview last week Ben. You believe that in my mind..and I quote..I should have this belt..sod everybody else..that is what you said right? You don't know me at all do you? I never said that I should have the belt over anyone on the roster. There are a whole lot of hungry guys in the back who want a shot and deserve a shot. I took you up on your offer to face anybody. If I didn't accept your challenge, someone like Kristopher Ryans or O'Malley would have taken it. Would you have called them selfish too?  Whether you like it or not..I am your opponent for Summer XXXtreme. And I am going to do whatever it takes to get that title. And in this tag match I am firing on all cylinders. You and your wife are facing myself and Andrea Hernandez. Two threats to your legacy. I could be the one who dethrones the king...and Andrea could be the one who knocks the Queen off her throne. No gold will be on the line in this match..but this definitely has some interesting implications."

I rest my head back, running a hand through my hair.

"There's also a problem Ben...you are a great champion...nobody is taking that away from you. But there is one thing..just one...little thing. That title there. The more victories you rack up, the more confident you become. The more confident you become...the more arrogant you become. Your cockiness and arrogance will kill you...because you are beginning to overlook me. You've been around the block to know that you can't just take anyone lightly. Many have paid for it, a lot of people in this company have. In the last few weeks I was on a losing streak..nobody expected me to win over the current Roulette Champion, they figured I'd continue my downward spiral...but I not only won, I made him submit in the middle of the ring. I beat a Champion...does that sound like my career is going nowhere? You don't know me as well as you think you do Ben..you just know me from social media and from my time in SCW. If you did know me, you wouldn't have this cloud of arrogance about you, you wouldn't be acting like it's a given that you're gonna leave that ship still the World Champion. If you knew me well..you'd know that I turned skeptics into believers. And Sunday..despite what happens in this mixed tag, I will make you a believer when I take your title."

I begin to rise up.

"But we can't leave out the wild card in this match...Alicia Lukas. Someone who your wife is gonna face Sunday with the gold on the line. I'm sure many are gonna question if she will be a fair and unbiased referee..knowing who she is in the ring with. Two of her rivals are gonna be fighting it out, and we don't know whats going to happen. But while they are battling it out, it's gonna be you and me. I know for sure that your wife can handle herself...she wouldn't be champion right now if she didn't. But what if you both were to suffer a loss here? Not only me pinning you..but Andrea pinning Evie one two three. The golden couple going into the Supercard with a loss over their heads is not something they want...but in a match such as this with a preview of Summer XXXtreme...anything is possible."

I trusted Andrea..we didn't really talk a lot, but I respect her. I know she'll have my back.

"Before we set sail for troubled waters Ben...you and your wife are gonna come face to face with your future. Evie will come face to face with the woman who may become Bombshell Champion...and you will come face to face with the man who may become World Heavyweight Champion. If we were both to leave that ship with the gold...it'd be poetic justice. All of it would have started right here in this very ring. This is anyone's game..and you know it for sure. "

I get up, glaring into the camera.

"In my career...I have defied all limits...I've taken more risks than anyone. If anyone knows me, they know that I always fight my best when my back is against the wall and I got everything on the line to win. This mixed tag match is only the beginning. A small taste of the battles that are to come. Andrea is coming to prove that she is destined to become a champion once again just like me. You sit on your throne..comfortable, thinking no can beat you...no one can touch you. I just hate to be the one that disappoints you when you fall down. I came back to Sin City for one reason and that's to become World Heavyweight Champion..and it takes everything I have inside of me...I will walk out of Summer XXXtreme the new Champion..but until then, this tag match is something the people at home will really enjoy..it's time for the King and Queen to begin their descent."

I leave the ring as the camera crew pack everything in.
user posted image

Accomplishments
Internet Champion(Final)
2017 Future Star Of The Year
Roulette Champion(x2)