Author Topic: Anarchy in the UK  (Read 417 times)

Offline Griffin Hawkins

• View Profile
    • Griffin Hawkins
Anarchy in the UK
« on: March 13, 2020, 11:05:48 PM »
  I love traveling, I really do..but one of my favorite places to go is Merry Ole England. I was supposed to go with Charles, but he had hotel business to take care of. I figured I'd go alone...but apparently he gave his ticket to my younger sister, Wendi Hawkins.

This was gonna be a long trip.

We walked through the Westgate Gardens, looking at the river and the flower beds that are spread around us.

Wendi Hawkins: Wow will you look at this place? its beautiful!

Griffin Hawkins: Yeah its....nice....

I wasn't exactly enthusiastic about my sister being here instead of Charles..I think she knew that.

Wendi Hawkins: Come on, don't be a stick in the mud, I know you and Charles had this planned, but he couldn't make it. Besides, when was the last time we spent time with each other?

Griffin Hawkins: Look, sis..it's not that I don't want to spend time with you..its just that me and Charles had things planned..you know...guy stuff...

Wendi Hawkins: You guys could do that any time, it's not like you're joined at the hip. Besides, being here can help you prepare for your World Title Match.

Griffin Hawkins: ...you've been watching me?

Wendi Hawkins: Um, hello? Of course I've been watching you. You may be a goof at times but that doesn't mean I won't watch and support you.

That..kind of made me feel better.

Griffin Hawkins: So...what do you think my odds are against Jordan?

Wendi Hawkins: Well you never struck me as a Basketball person..but he's retired and you'll definitely beat him..

Griffin Hawkins: Actually he's...

Wendi Hawkins: I'm kidding! God you are so easy...seriously though Ben Jordan, he's a tough one to beat, but if you try hard enough, you just might beat him.

Griffin Hawkins: It's kinda hard to prepare for someone like this, not sure I know how.

Wendi Hawkins: Well look around you, there is a LOT to do here to help you prepare for..you just gotta think big.

Griffin Hawkins: Oh like..hitting the gym?

Wendi Hawkins: Oh..this is much better...

She brought what looked to be a list.

Wendi Hawkins: This is a list of activities to get you in the right mindset for your title match. And at the same time..you'll have a little fun!

Griffin Hawkins: I dunno about this..

Wendi Hawkins: Come on..live a little! What do you got to lose?

And so...our adventure began. Our first stop...the links. We attended Broome Park Golf Club, an 18 hole field...I didn't understand how this was going to work.

Griffin Hawkins: ..Uhh, I'm not the golf type Wendi....how is this going to help me in my match against Jordan?

Wendi Hawkins: Concentration is key. Ben Jordan is World Champion for a reason, you have to focus on him..and only him...this is getting you ready mentally for him. Just close your eyes, take a deep breath..and hit the ball.

I did what she said, closing my eyes, thinking on nothing but Ben Jordan....I swing the Club.....accidentally letting go as it goes flying...onto the windshield of someone's new car.

Griffin Hawkins: .....oops?

Wendi Hawkins: I guess I should've told you to open your eyes at some point..

I try again, this time I actually hit the ball....only it takes out a nearby golfer, knocking him unconscious. Wendi looks...awkward.

Wendi Hawkins: Well..maybe your match will be a no holds barred match...

Griffin Hawkins: You know what? Let's try something else...

We quickly put down the clubs and run off. We then decide to do something else..we make our way to the Westgate Towers Museum where many are looking around. I look around on the outside, looking at the tall buildings around us.

Griffin Hawkins: Whoa..look at this place..

Wendi Hawkins: This is the Westgate Towers Museum. The biggest Medieval Gateway in England today.

Griffin Hawkins: Whoa...let's go in and look around.

Wendi Hawkins: Oh yeah, this has deep history.

I look at all the exhibits of all the knights, every last one of them who fought bravely in battle..their armor and weapons on display.

Griffin Hawkins: So much wars must've gone on here..

Wendi Hawkins: They have...and they are on display  right here.

This all reminds me of facing Jordan...that itself is going to be a war.

Griffin Hawkins: Maybe my match with Ben Jordan will be an exhibit here someday..

Wendi Hawkins: Hopefully with the World Title..

I then notice what looks to be a bear trap like weapon behind a glass case.

Griffin Hawkins: Maybe they'll let me use this.

Wendi Hawkins: I think the referee will disqualify you.

After that, we walk around for a while seeing all the sights. We stop by what looks to be a huge church..the Canterbury Cathedral.

Griffin Hawkins: Wendi..can I stop in here for a second?...alone?

Wendi Hawkins: Sure. Go on in..

I walk in, the huge hollowed halls of the Church is awe inspiring. I can almost feel the presence of the ones passed on centuries before as I walk by. I walk past Becket's crown, going towards the altar. I slowly get down in my knees in prayer.

Griffin Hawkins: Lord...it's me...Griffin Hawkins...I hope I'm not disturbing you at this hour of the day. I didn't want to tell Wendi this but, there may be some doubt creeping up in me about this major match between me and Ben Jordan. I honestly don't know what I'm asking for here..I just want to be happy...I just want to be confident...I don't want to let her down. I have a lot in life, a beautiful wife, beautiful children, respect from my peers...but it always felt like something was missing and I don't know what it is. I know at times I didn't live up to your expectations of me..but I just want the strength to fight, to show that win or lose..I will do the right thing by my family that I love so much. I'm tired of doubting myself all the time, I just want the strength to fight. I want to do this not just for my sister, but for Taylor, Braden, Bryce..and Sophie. Thank you for listening to me.

I slowly get up, turning for the door...then I stop and see Wendi standing there in the isle, smiling at me. It's obvious she was listening the whole time.

Griffin Hawkins: Wendi, I...

She says nothing and hugs me.

Wendi Hawkins: Just go out there and fight...you're gonna do great.

It felt good knowing no matter what, she would always believe in me. Together we both leave the Church happy. If I'm gonna do this..it's gonna be for her.

--------------------------------------------------

That night in my hotel room, I began to dream a very vivid dream. Once again I saw myself...or I think was myself, on the battlefield in England. On my horse, I led my troops into battle as the moon rose above us. One of the soldiers beside me was waiting on horseback, he must've been one of my generals.

Titus McClane: Sir....it is quiet...too quiet. I don't like this at all.

I look to him, my hand clutching my sword.

Trevor Hawkins: I don't blame you Titus...silence is bad, for it is the calm before the storm. We cannot fail..not in the name of our lord.

Titus McClane: Yes...and with hope, we'll see another sunrise.

I then hear one of the soldier's speak.

"Look! Up ahead!"

In the distance..far from us, I saw what looked to be hooded druids in red robes, carrying torches, chanting strange languages...if that wasn't bad enough, we saw people on horseback, if you could call them that. They looked to be skeletons in armor as they were riding forward, their swords and shields drawn in the air.

Titus McClane: It's Dreighton's army! They've arrived!

We saw them charge forward...the undead shrieking like banshees as they marched on horseback towards us. I...or...I guess my past self drew the sword out, shouting a battle cry.

Trevor Hawkins: God and my right!

We all march through, meeting the enemy as we all drew our swords. It was indeed a vicious battle, all of us drawing our weapons...swords, spears, shields, whatever we could use was used to fight the undead horde. I watched as I took my sword and cut right through one of the skeletal warriors..hitting him in the ribs and cutting him in half.

Trevor Hawkins: Die you unholy imp!

I was fighting the men them the best I could, some of my men were having trouble fighting off the warriors..a few of them were impaled by swords, burned with torches. But our second line of defense came in in the form of bow and arrows. The archers fired off flame tipped arrows, striking the enemy as they fell off their horses. The battle raged on for hours...but we survived albeit a few of our men slaughtered in battle. A wounded Titus came by my side, half his face bloody, but he can still stand.

Titus McClane: In the name of our lord, we are victorious...

I pull him up, helping him to his feet.

Trevor Hawkins: We did it...

Titus McClane: And now...we return home in triumph!

What remained of us got on our horses and rode back. But as we made it back to the castle..there were many servants standing around. I see what looks to be a fallen woman at the throne, looking like Taylor, only with red hair.

Trevor Hawkins: Elizabeth...no!

I rush over, going over to the fallen body of what appears to be the love of my life at the time, my wife. Like Snow White,  she was beautiful...even in death.

Trevor Hawkins: No....No...

I hold her lifeless body in my arms. One of the servants look to me.

Ishmael: My lord...I am sorry..

Trevor Hawkins: Who did this?! Tell me now!

Ishmael: We don't know my liege! She was just found like this...

With a rage in my eyes...I know the answer....Marquis.

Trevor Hawkins: That battle...was just a distraction.....I'm a fool...

Ishmael: What's to be done sir?...

I look down...not even looking at him.

Griffin Hawkins: I will find Marquis Laveaux....and I will put him into the ground!

I then wake up...I'm back in my hotel room at 3 AM.  It was all nothing more than a dream, but it felt more real than anything. I knew things happened for a reason...but I didn't know why. Marquis had kept this history hidden away from me, and come hell or high water, I will get my answers.

---------------------------------------------------

Cameras go to what looks to be an open field...land all around us as far as the eye can see. I have my back turned to the camera man, dressed in an Iron Maiden T-Shirt and ripped blue jeans.

"The Kingdom of Kent...many great battles have been fought here. So many brave warriors have spilled their blood as they fought the enemy. Some were victorious...others unfortunately died in battle. The lives of the brave souls who fought here will be immortalized. And now centuries later...the stars of Sin City Wrestling will be on this very field as Climax Control brings their brand of warfare to the UK. Many warriors will do battle here..Mark Cross against Jack Russow, Roxi Johnson v.s Christina Rose, and possibly the biggest one of the night...me against the World Heavyweight Champion Ben Jordan...for the World Heavyweight Title. The first ever meeting between two of the elite of SCW...and also my first ever shot at the World Heavyweight Championship. In a battle such as this...I know for sure that I am facing an uphill fight...but if I am to be raising the World Title in the air when its all said and done...it will be worth it."

I slowly turn and face the camera.

"Ben Jordan...you are the man on top of SCW, someone who has won and defended that title against the best in the industry. I must say..you are indeed one of the best World Champions we've had in years...course, last time I was here, our World Title was held by an entitled crybaby bitch who'd often stomp his feet and leave the company whenever things don't go his way. People like Austin James Mercer and you are a breath of fresh air. You mentioned before that you want to give shots to lots of name talent..and included in that was mine. I knew that my time would come, I just didn't know how soon. As long as you hold that title, you are the best athlete in the company today...and you've proven yourself by defeating the likes of Austin James Mercer, Senor Vinnie and Fenris. A lot of them have taken you to your limits..each match I watched, I wondered if I was able to compete against the Cockney King..and now..all questions will be answered."

I know going in, Ben Jordan was going to do everything and anything to keep that title.

"Centuries ago...the Assassination of Thomas Becket took place right here in this very land. Four Knights..Reginald FitzUrse, Hugh de Morville, William de Tracy, and Richard le Breton, were tasked to do away with the man himself. He offered himself as a living sacrifice in the name of the lord as he was taken out of this world. Me...I know all about sacrifices. For if I beat you Ben, I have to make the ultimate sacrifice...the sacrifice for something that I've worked long and hard for in the last year, The Roulette Title. This was a belt that you held yourself, so you know how much this means to the holder. People like Teddy Warren Steele held it for bragging rights, I held it to prove I am the best...but a much bigger prize is on the horizon should I beat you. The World Title is the most important belt in our industry, and if I am to win it, I will be the man on top of the mountain, at the cost of the one title that I have held with honor..like the many brave men who sacrificed their lives on this field, I am willing to make the ultimate sacrifice as I give up the Roulette Belt..denying many deserving stars such as Jack Russow a chance at it, but it is indeed a heavy price to pay to become the King of Sin City Wrestling."

The wind blows through my hair as I continue.

"You are a man of respect in SCW...they call you the Cockney King...but the question is..are you the Cocky King? Because I don't want you to make the mistake of underestimating me like others have. You come off as humble and respectful in your promos and interviews. But how long will that last? See..I've held a title like that before, and I've seen what a title like that can do to people. The one thing I don't want you to become Ben is complacent. I don't want you to be like many kings of the past who have allowed their crown to go to their heads and meet an unfortunate end. I want to believe that you are the man you say you are and you see me as a threat to you and not just another notch in your gun belt. Because I am fighting for my career here and I am willing to fight until my final breath just to have the right to be called the World Heavyweight Champion. If I am to defeat you, i'll shake your hand and thank you for the opportunity. If I am to lose to you...I'll still shake your hand and thank you for the opportunity. But in only one of those scenarios I want to leave with the gold."

I did want to believe Ben wasn't cocky and arrogant like Champions of the past...part of me hoped he'd be the man he comes off as to the media.

"During World War II..10,445 bombs had dropped in Kent, destroying 731 homes and 296 buildings in disrepair. Before it was over, Charles Holden drew up plans to redevelop the city. Like Holden, I was the man who was a feature player on Climax Control. See Ben, you are the Champion...but we've rarely seen you defend it much on national television. The last time you defended it on Climax Control was against Senor Vinnie. Meanwhile I remained on Climax Control defending my title against anybody and everybody who stepped up...even main eventing Climax Control And it didn't matter what match the wheel stopped on...Cage Match..Ladder Match...Street Fight...hell even in lingerie in a pool of mud I defended the gold. Last week I defended it in a Scottish Bar surrounded by people who wanted to take my head off.. And now you show up out of nowhere suddenly deciding you want to defend the title. What happens IF you beat me? Will you be absent from defenses on Climax? Because If I do indeed beat you, I will be here every week defending the title just like I defended the Roulette Title in the last year."

I can feel the battle impending..knowing I'm gonna feel the effects of this match for a long time.

"See Ben, you come from London England..only the hardest blue collar workers come from there. And you are as a tough as they come from the UK...unlike Teddy Warren Steele who runs and hides like a coward when the time comes to fight. That's why I know going in you're gonna give me a hell of a beating. Because you fought hard to get from where you're at from the old days to now in SCW. And that is the kind of fight I want from you..because I knew that one day if I was to fight the World Champion, it'd be a deserving Superstar who is not afraid to take a punch, someone who knows that going up against me is not going to be an easy task. I realize when we fight Ben, it's gonna be a straight up brawl..two of the best fighting for the richest prize in our industry."

I put my hands in my pockets as I look to the camera.

"No one knows who is going to win this Ben. But I think the real winners here are the SCW fans. Every time we go out there we make sure to raise the bar and show why SCW is the best thing going today. And what better way to prove it, then by taking two of the elite in SCW and putting the World Heavyweight Title on the line. I admit...I'll feel bad giving up the Roulette Title if I am to win the gold..if I had it my way I'd be Griffin 2 Belts, but that's not to be. I got nothing to lose and everything to gain. And even if my belt isn't the line, I'll fight like it is..because that's the kind of competitor I am...and I expect no less than you. Many battles took place here on this land..and now centuries later...somebody's gonna get rocked."

I walk off camera as the feed cuts out.
user posted image

Accomplishments
Internet Champion(Final)
2017 Future Star Of The Year
Roulette Champion(x2)